daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old February 8th, 2014, 05:31 AM   #5861
Architecture lover

Likes (Received): 1286

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rani View Post
Nice (but failed) try, not so clever.
As you see, I am respectful in all my posts, I just politely express my humble opinion.
We don't care which culture do you prefer as better, we only care about skylines over here. I can't believe what do I read over here, like, honey how old are you? As I said you can leave your opinion about the wine, the cheese, the culture, but NOT in here. Stop this silly talk for once, but please!
That's it, this time I really give up from this discussion. One more time white flag from my side, and you can take this little present , you already need to use it after ruining this discussion several times.

doguorsi2 liked this post
Architecture lover no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2014, 05:39 AM   #5862
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Likes (Received): 55310

ok guys, enough of off topic posts!

just a reminder to everyone, here is the first post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Alright guys, the old thread is dead and won't be revived. Lets start all over again but let me be clear that I reserve the right to delete any photo that I find not fit in this thread and lock it if necessary. All participants have to agree with the forum rules as follow and once you start posting here and I'll assume you agree with the rules and taking the responsibilty to make this thread successful and enjoyable.

The rules of this thread..

-Only skyline photos of the modern skyscrapers allowed. Showing any lowrises or old traditional skylines will be considered trolling.

-All discussion must be in civil manner. No names calling, personal insults and city or country bashing.

-Non skyline related topic will be deleted.

-Think before you post and making sure your posts are complied with the rules.

Offenders will be given infraction, brig and even banning.

Happy posting and cheers!

PS. Additional rules may be added in the future depends on how people behave.

doguorsi2 liked this post
Yellow Fever no está en línea  
Old February 8th, 2014, 05:51 AM   #5863
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

Damn! I can't even try to get some rest before I start my real job because of you guys. Yellow Fever, who has been moderating here longer than I have has spoken and backed me up. Now guys, fall in line or suffer the consequences. We have real jobs and lives away from this website just as you all do. Don't make this volunteer job more difficult than it needs to be or I will at least make it easier for me by simply getting rid of people who choose to be difficult. I've never had any real desire to be a babysitter.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea  
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:00 AM   #5864
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

QuantumX, you have all my support. You can do whatever you see fit for this thread.

QuantumX liked this post
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:16 AM   #5865
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Ouhla, I touched a deep wound ...
This type of attitude does not set well with me, gentlemen!

Quote:
Excuse me, but Turkey is closer to arabic culture than european culture. In My Opinion ...
But I had already said at this point that Istanbul geographically (and technically) is in Europe and Yellow Fever obviously said it long before I did.

Quote:
QuantumX, you have all my support. You can do whatever you see fit for this thread.
Thank you, Yellow Fever! Now let's see! Where is that ban option again?
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:19 AM   #5866
Erhan

Likes (Received): 10511

I just remembered why I left the mod team :P

Istanbul 2013 vs 2007

image hosted on flickr

Baboulinet, vinttt liked this post
Erhan no está en línea  
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:37 AM   #5867
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhan View Post
I just remembered why I left the mod team.
It gets to be too much like a real job sometimes. Then, on one hand, you have people complaining that you don't do enough. Then, on the other hand, you have people complaining that you do too much, just like I used to ban kids on a regular basis just for getting smart-ass with me.

My photo threads:

Old February 8th, 2014, 06:39 AM   #5868
LASF
BANNED

Likes (Received): 18

The first picture of Istanbul is really impressive. Just WOW. Istanbul is in Europe and some French (trolls) on here should acknowledge it too. It's always nice to have more great cities in Europe and Istanbul is obviously one of them.
LASF no está en línea  
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:44 AM   #5869
doguorsi2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7047

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
It gets to be too much like a real job sometimes. Then, on one hand, you have people complaining that you don't do enough. Then, on the other hand, you have people complaining that you do too much, just like I used to ban kids on a regular basis just for getting smart-ass with me.
hehe. But you are right. It must be frustrating to eliminate who is the real trouble maker and who is not. I would probably ban everyone if I was a mod I've got the power mode

By the way the second Istanbul picture is very old obviously. Erhan you should find us a shot taken from Mecidiyekoy that consists both towers in Mecidiyekoy and Levent in the background.
doguorsi2 no está en línea  
Old February 8th, 2014, 07:05 AM   #5870
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by doguorsi2 View Post
I would probably ban everyone if I was a mod I've got the power mode
Being a mod, you have to stay calm and can't be too emotional. You must remain neutral and can not take sides. Banning should only be used when all other options are exhausted.

aarhusforever liked this post
Old February 8th, 2014, 07:06 AM   #5871
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

I tried to find some good angles of Istanbul, but I didn't see any right off. It's why I took up urban/architectural photography myself. Now I don't have to hunt for the best angles of Miami. I simply go out and capture them myself.

My photo threads:

Old February 8th, 2014, 07:09 AM   #5872
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Being a mod, you have to stay calm and can't be too emotional. You must remain neutral and can not take sides. Banning should only be used when all other options are exhausted.
I like striking the fear in their hearts though. It tends to keep things running more smoothly, seriously.

My photo threads:

Old February 8th, 2014, 07:10 AM   #5873
doguorsi2
BANNED

Quote:
I tried to find some good angles of Istanbul, but I didn't see any right off. It's why I took up urban/architectural photography myself. Now I don't have to hunt for the best angles of Miami. I simply go out and capture them myself.
Then you should definitely go to Istanbul and wander around the little streets. It is like a heaven for a photographer. I am an architect myself and I used to do that all the time. Every street has another surprise for you and you never get tired of walking!
Old February 8th, 2014, 07:11 AM   #5874
doguorsi2
BANNED

Quote:
Well good thing I am not a mod then. Half of this thread would be banned hehe
Old February 8th, 2014, 07:11 AM   #5875
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Quote:
I like striking the fear in their hearts though. It tends to keep things running more smoothly, seriously.

thats why people keep saying that I'm too nice to be a mod but I can be tough if I have to.
Old February 8th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #5876
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Well good thing I am not a mod then. Half of this thread would be banned hehe
This was me years ago when I first became a member of the moderating staff and I was cautioned against it.

At this point, I think giving you all a little more background on me is in order. I'm 58 years old. I learned very soon after joining SkyscraperCity that most of the men on this website are young enough to be my sons. Since my own biological father was only 20 years older than me, that means any man under the age of 40 is young enough to be my son. If you're a teenager, you could be my grandson. I was raised by my stepfather though (nutcase that he was along with my mother. I practically raised myself.) If I spoke to him in a manner that he thought was in any way disrespectful, I went flying across the room before I even knew what had happened.

As a result, my biggest pet peeve about SkyscraperCity is men who are young enough to be my youngest sons talking to me any sarcastic, smart-ass way they please, when I was taught to respect people old enough to be my parents. Of course, oftentimes, they don't know who they're talking to. All the more reason you should treat everyone with respect and courtesy in making civil conversation on this website. Sometimes, you guys leave men wondering if you were raised in a damn tree or what. Sometimes, you act as though you know every damn thing in the universe when you just popped out of the womb.

So from now on, everybody treats everybody else with respect and make civil conversation. Don't carry on like a jackass because it's the internet and you think you can get away with it.

My photo threads:

aarhusforever liked this post
Old February 8th, 2014, 08:44 AM   #5877
doguorsi2
BANNED

Quote:
This was me years ago when I first became a member of the moderating staff and I was cautioned against it.

At this point, I think giving you all a little more background on me is in order. I'm 58 years old. I learned very soon after joining SkyscraperCity that most of the men on this website are young enough to be my sons. Since my own biological father was only 20 years older than me, that means any man under the age of 40 is young enough to be my son. If you're a teenager, you could be my grandson. I was raised by my stepfather though (nutcase that he was along with my mother. I practically raised myself.) If I spoke to him in a manner that he thought was in any way disrespectful, I went flying across the room before I even knew what had happened.

As a result, my biggest pet peeve about SkyscraperCity is men who are young enough to be my youngest sons talking to me any sarcastic, smart-ass way they please, when I was taught to respect people old enough to be my parents. Of course, oftentimes, they don't know who they're talking to. All the more reason you should treat everyone with respect and courtesy in making civil conversation on this website. Sometimes, you guys leave men wondering if you were raised in a damn tree or what. Sometimes, you act as though you know every damn thing in the universe when you just popped out of the womb.

So from now on, everybody treats everybody else with respect and make civil conversation. Don't carry on like a jackass because it's the internet and you think you can get away with it.
You are certainly right. I am 28 years old and even I can't stand such people. So I totally understand you. Please don't hesitate to cut the tree in order to save the thread. I and I believe most of the members would appreciate that. Also, enjoy the nice weather down in Miami. I am buried under 2 feet of snow over here and of course Jimmy John's doesn't deliver!
Old February 8th, 2014, 11:08 AM   #5878
Baboulinet

Likes (Received): 468

Quote:
The Earth is flat and you fall into the space at the end of the ocean. This is my opinion and I claim some respect about it too!
Human geography is not a hard science, you can't prove by A + B that Turquey is part of europe or not.
It's a subjective thing.
All opinions should be respected.

From the d2 tower threrad.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...581810&page=32

vinttt, TimeAndTide, Avemano liked this post

Last edited by Baboulinet; February 8th, 2014 at 11:24 AM.
Baboulinet no está en línea  
Old February 8th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #5879
Denjiro
Heathen

Likes (Received): 7095

Moscow

image hosted on flickr

*** by PhoenixRoofing164, on Flickr
Old February 8th, 2014, 11:35 AM   #5880
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboulinet View Post
Human geography is not a hard science, you can't prove by A + B that Turquey is part of europe or not.
It's a subjective thing.
All opinions should be respected.
But isn't the Istanbul skyline on the European side of the city?

My photo threads:

Closed Thread

Tags
москва, baku, berlin, brussels, cities of europe, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, kyiv, london, milan, milano, moscow, moskau, paris, rotterdam, vienna, vilnius, warsaw, warszawa, wien