daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

View Poll Results: ..
.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 13th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #7821
igitboy
i like boring things

Likes (Received): 181

may mangkot lang ko ha?...is it only i or ang thread guid mismo sang iloilo city and province ang na block?...ahaha

Sponsored Links

Old February 13th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #7822
GunSword
Busalian Extraordinaire

Likes (Received): 110

Reposting from Caticlan Airport thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by METROPOLITAN_ILOILO View Post
Congratulations Panay Island Airports!

4 in top 20!

#4 Iloilo International Airport
#6 Kalibo International Airport
#13 Boracay Airport
#20 Roxas Airport

GunSword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #7823
GunSword
Busalian Extraordinaire

Saw this while looking for some info

http://www.thedailyguardian.net/inde...ntl-operations

So it was DOTC that is actually pushing for ILO expansion and equipment upgrade.

Quote:
2012-2016 5 year development plan for P 698M

Under this project that starts next year until 2016, the improvements will focus in the areas of infrastructure and acquiring of state-of-the-art equipments.

Among the top infrastructure projects are the expansion of the passenger terminal by 5,480 square meters at the cost of P164.4 million and the expansion of the aircraft parking apron by 17,271 square meters at the cost of P100 million.

The cargo terminal will also be expanded by 1,000 square meters at the cost of P46.2 million.

Other infrastructure works include the installation of lighting equipment of perimeter fences at the airstrip, additional check-in counters, additional ticketing offices, additional security fences, construction of a covered gym, and construction of parallel taxiway.

Additional equipments to be procured will include x-ray machines, flight information display system (FIDS), baggage handling system (BHS), and building management system (BMS).
Since I haven't seen any construction works, are they doing the equipment upgrade first and later on the major infra mentioned above?

It is already the year 2013 and the fund is already there. 2016 is around the corner. Why or what is taking them DOTC too long to act on this expansion?
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #7824
barbas_bigote
crap duster

Likes (Received): 4132

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSword View Post
Saw this while looking for some info

http://www.thedailyguardian.net/inde...ntl-operations

So it was DOTC that is actually pushing for ILO expansion and equipment upgrade.

Since I haven't seen any construction works, are they doing the equipment upgrade first and later on the major infra mentioned above?

It is already the year 2013 and the fund is already there. 2016 is around the corner. Why or what is taking them DOTC too long to act on this expansion?
DOTC is bidding PPP projects all the airports all over the country, I think they are still prioritizing the old small airports that wasn't totally upgraded.
We just have to wait for while, not that long if you ask me...

stats are out. Iloilo Airport in 2011 still retained its position as the 4th busiest Airport in the Country.. it would be interesting to note that our international flights started 2012.. that would be more interesting to see.

and we just have to take note that even if Iloilo is surrounded by our Kalibo/Boracay and Roxas Airports, it is still doing good. Panay is one busy island in terms of aviation traffic.
There's a school of thought that says we shouldn't have stopped,esp with our proximity to a hostile city.This kind of aggressiveness is what I mean by interrupting the enemy's own decision-making cycle.It's against all doctrine, but as the general reminds me,doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative.-Generation Kill
Why don't you fight the evil in this place your way and let me fight it mine.-Mach.Gun Preacher
I have never been bewildered for long in any fight with our enemies,I was Armed with Insight.-Gen. Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis
barbas_bigote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #7825
death327
'--'

Likes (Received): 403

Iloilo will soon breach the 2M mark. Zest air added one more flight (from 2-3) daily just this Jan 2013. It's only the second month of the year. So many things will happen within 10 months in terms of new flights in the pipeline!

Hopefully ILO-clark soon!
"Welcome to the world of love and laughter baby. Welcome to the sunshine of a brand new day. You drifted on to the sea, you flowed in to a dream. A dream that never will fade away" - - Mama Cass Elliot, from Beautiful Thing
death327 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #7826
federalist
iceberg

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by habagatcentral1 View Post
Korean Air I think serves Mactan-Cebu, so is JinAir and Air Busan.
I don't know about Asiana though.

Korea-based airlines that serve Mactan-Cebu are: Korean Air, Asiana Airlines, Air Busan, Jin Air and Jeju Air.

Iloilo airport is very nice and modern, it is comparable to Hongkongs.

METROPOLITAN_ILOILO liked this post
federalist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #7827
Mugenkokku

Likes (Received): 542

Just a question:

Ano po yung mga flights in and out of Iloilo and how frequent are they?

Yung magulang at kapatid ko po ay magbabakasyon papunta Pilipinas later this year (di ako makasama kasi NZ ang punta namin ng GF ko). Mangagaling sila Gold Coast AUSTRALIA papunta SINGAPORE tapos balak nila from Singapore diretso Iloilo. Tapos, mula Iloilo sister ko ay punta Palawan habang sina parents ay papunta Davao. Gaano kaya ka frequent ang mga flights galing Iloilo Airport?
Mugenkokku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #7828
part timer

Likes (Received): 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenkokku View Post
Just a question:

Ano po yung mga flights in and out of Iloilo and how frequent are they?

Yung magulang at kapatid ko po ay magbabakasyon papunta Pilipinas later this year (di ako makasama kasi NZ ang punta namin ng GF ko). Mangagaling sila Gold Coast AUSTRALIA papunta SINGAPORE tapos balak nila from Singapore diretso Iloilo. Tapos, mula Iloilo sister ko ay punta Palawan habang sina parents ay papunta Davao. Gaano kaya ka frequent ang mga flights galing Iloilo Airport?
Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by death327 View Post
ILOILO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT Flights Time Table (starting Dec. 1, 2012)

Old February 13th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #7829
Mugenkokku

Likes (Received): 542

Salamat guid pre
Mugenkokku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #7830
igitboy
i like boring things

Likes (Received): 181

na lock guid man ang iloilo city thread??/
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #7831
batusay

Likes (Received): 12744

Quote:
Originally Posted by igitboy View Post
na lock guid man ang iloilo city thread??/
uu may nagsinabad abi.. d pa bal an kung san o maopen basi waay na balak ibalik pa...

Last edited by batusay; February 14th, 2013 at 05:15 AM.
batusay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #7832
SanjixNami

Likes (Received): 96

Mabalik gid ran pre ah. I'm hoping next week ara dun ah. Kung indi gid man pahimuon man lang ta guro bag-o nga thread.
SanjixNami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #7833
batusay

Love fills Iloilo airport
February 15,2013 12:15 AM
By: Francis Allan L. Angelo

LOVE will fill the air at the Iloilo airport with its new branding aimed at providing passengers warm and pleasing welcome.

The Iloilo airport management headed by Engr. Efren Nagrama, Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP)-Iloilo manager, launched on the day of love, February 14, its new brand “Love of Serve You.”

Nagrama said they patterned the brand after Iloilo City’s moniker – the “City of Love.”

“Iloilo has been popularly dubbed as the ‘City of Love’ which is very well complemented by the in-born characteristics of Ilonggos as being ‘malambing.’ Iloilo international airport made these ideas to be the inspiration on how its employees should dispense services to clients. Thus the phrase ‘Love to Serve You’ is born,” Nagrama said.

The brand will also be displayed in the Flight Information Display system messenger ads line, footers of official documents and will become the standard greetings at the airport.

“Other greetings may also be applied subject to appropriateness before the phrase ‘Love to Serve You’,” Nagrama said.

Nagrama said they will institutionalize the brand through meetings and memoranda to offices and service providers at the airport.

The branding also covers service providers such as cafes, restaurants and transport services in the P8-billion gateway.

Department of Tourism regional director Helen Catalbas lauded the airport’s branding efforts as it jives with the tourism campaign of Western Visayas.

Catalbas said Iloilo airport along with Caticlan in Aklan province are now the sources of challenge in other gateways in the country.

“My counterpart in Central Visayas told me that we are challenge to them because of our growing arrivals. All eyes are now on Western Visayas and we should contribute to maintain and sustain the growth of our tourism sector,” she added.

Catalbas said it is important that airport workers offer warm and loving service to passengers and clients to make good lasting impressions.

“The airport offers the first and last impression to visitors. So we should always be smiling and warm in dealing with them.”

Catalbas, however, only has one advice to airport workers: “Don’t smile or laugh alone.”
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #7834
ecam_action

Likes (Received): 445

Taw SM Hypermarket bah. "HAPPY TO SERVE!"
ecam_action no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #7835
death327
'--'

Likes (Received): 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecam_action View Post
Amo man na reaction namon sa FB Group Page.

Honestly, the logo is crap! Me don't like it! It's like an elementary logo project! The idea is good... pero sana naman naglevel-up sila sa design ng logo! Tsek tsek...
"Welcome to the world of love and laughter baby. Welcome to the sunshine of a brand new day. You drifted on to the sea, you flowed in to a dream. A dream that never will fade away" - - Mama Cass Elliot, from Beautiful Thing

oldworld liked this post
death327 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #7836
batusay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecam_action View Post
capt.. wala ta da updates...
Old February 15th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #7837
ecam_action

Likes (Received): 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by batusay View Post
capt.. wala ta da updates...
Pasensya gid, indi ko na masilip ang data sa Iloilo. Manila base ko subong.
ecam_action no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #7838
habagatcentral1
Nomad of South Central

Likes (Received): 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by death327 View Post
Honestly, the logo is crap! Me don't like it! It's like an elementary logo project! The idea is good... pero sana naman naglevel-up sila sa design ng logo! Tsek tsek...
Can anyone post the new marketing logo of Iloilo Airport?
Thanks!

EDIT:
Saw it. Sorry if I would say, walang ka-effort effort ang disenyo. For an international airport, they could have tapped the potential of our Ilonggo graphical artists. Just my

Last edited by habagatcentral1; February 15th, 2013 at 07:29 AM.
habagatcentral1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #7839
habagatcentral1
Nomad of South Central

Likes (Received): 466

Just nothing to do...
habagatcentral1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #7840
GunSword
Busalian Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by habagatcentral1 View Post
Can anyone post the new marketing logo of Iloilo Airport?
Thanks!

EDIT:
Saw it. Sorry if I would say, walang ka-effort effort ang disenyo. For an international airport, they could have tapped the potential of our Ilonggo graphical artists. Just my

For me it is neither good nor bad. It just doesn't have a "wow factor" attached to it. But the message is there.

Perhaps we could send suggestions/comments to let them know?

Tags
iloilo