SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[COMPLETED] D9 | RiverGate (43 x3 floors)

51K views 246 replies 58 participants last post by  PrecisionDrive 
#1 ·
Three towers near S'pore River will have over 600 units and may be launch-ready next year.

THREE 43-storey towers are set to rise near the Singapore River and their more than 600 de luxe apartments should be 'launch-ready' next year.

CapitaLand has received provisional planning approval from the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) to build the ultra-high-rise condominium project on the old TradeMart site in Martin Road.

The 320,000sq-ft freehold site was sold in 1999 for $480 million and earlier reports had said the new project there could have a total floor area 2.8 times the size of its site.

If it goes ahead as stated, the condo will be taller than the 30-storey Grand Copthorne Waterfront hotel across the river, and nearly as tall as Far East Organisation's upcoming 46-storey Icon project in Tanjong Pagar, which is 163m tall.

But any one-upmanship in the battle of the builders tops off at 280m, the absolute height limit set for Singapore. In a statement to the Singapore Exchange yesterday, CapitaLand said that it plans to build the condo with Hwa Hong Corp. No name was given for the proposed development.

When contacted yesterday, CapitaLand's spokesman would only add: 'We plan to make the project launch-ready by next year.'

Chesterton International associate director Nicholas Mak estimates that the project may sell for around $950 per sq ft on average, or some $950,000 for a 1,000sq-ft unit, that is, about the size of a four-room Housing Board flat.

Mr Mak thinks the project may be a sign of the rising popularity of riverfront living here.

Recent riverside projects include City Developments' The Pier at Robertson Quay, and MCL Land's Robertson 100 in Martin Road, next to the old TradeMart site.

See less See more
#3 ·
If you look at this photo again:

Scan the skyline from the RIGHT. You may notice a slightly taller whitish building with small forested hill in the background to its LEFT, and a black building to its RIGHT. This is the "30-storey Grand Copthorne Waterfront hotel", as mentioned in the article. From this perspective, the three towers should rise to the LEFT of it, but closer to the photographer. In fact if you are sharp enough, you can see the old trademart building there...its the one with the whitish upper floors and pinkish lower floors...a squarish old-looking building.

#4 ·
errr.... no rendering yet??

#6 ·
not tall in singapore but tall in Penang. the 3 40st. buildings asso not official, u only counted the floors, maybe 2 of them official:D

#8 ·
But any one-upmanship in the battle of the builders tops off at 280m, the absolute height limit set for Singapore. In a statement to the Singapore Exchange yesterday, CapitaLand said that it plans to build the condo with Hwa Hong Corp. No name was given for the proposed development.
:guns1: :guns1: :guns1:

Did I understand the article wrongly or does it say that CapitaLand and Hwa Hong Corp are gonna build a 280m redidential tower??

#9 ·
Originally posted by TropicalSQ744

:guns1: :guns1: :guns1:

Did I understand the article wrongly or does it say that CapitaLand and Hwa Hong Corp are gonna build a 280m redidential tower??
The article seems to be saying that the proposed project with the 3 43-storey blocks will be built by a CapitaLand-Hwa Hong JV, and that even if there was some 'competition' between the developers to upstage one another in terms of having the tallest condo in town, the limit still remains at 280m. Don't know why it mentioned this, because neither Icon nor this new development seems anywhere near to breaching this height.

Far East's Icon will be 46-storeys and 163m. While CapLand's is planned at 43-storeys, it may or may not be actually higher than Icon if it adopts a higher floor-to-floor height. :D

#10 ·
Originally posted by glenj

The article seems to be saying that the proposed project with the 3 43-storey blocks will be built by a CapitaLand-Hwa Hong JV, and that even if there was some 'competition' between the developers to upstage one another in terms of having the tallest condo in town, the limit still remains at 280m. Don't know why it mentioned this, because neither Icon nor this new development seems anywhere near to breaching this height.

Far East's Icon will be 46-storeys and 163m. While CapLand's is planned at 43-storeys, it may or may not be actually higher than Icon if it adopts a higher floor-to-floor height. :D
Maybe the article is hinting that there may be a 280m residential tower in the works.. :D

Sure hope it's taller than The Icon! Afterall, CapitaLand is our biggest property developer. ;)

There's this thread in the news section about the new 45-storey tower in Dubai and the height is estimated to be over 200m! Who knows how tall this 46-storey tower gonna be. :)

#11 ·
#12 ·
why have condominium projects, until recently, been limited to thirty sstories? how come no one builds higher? and why are developers still hovering around 160m? i dont think there's a lack of demand for such properties.. everyone would be flocking to get an apartment in a 280m condo i think..

#13 ·
the fact is people dont always like living high. There was a ST survey recently when the Duxton project was being launched, and quite alot of people expressed reservations about living too high, the top most factor being fears of fire.

Anyway, there is a 245m residentual tower to be built at the New Downtown near to the two being built now. Not sure when it will be launched thou...

#15 ·
Originally posted by heirloom

i asked my mom if that building was goin to be residential and according to her it's goin to be fully office... where did you read that its goin to be residential?
Er.....are we talking about the same building?

#16 ·
huaiwei said:
Anyway, there is a 245m residentual tower to be built at the New Downtown near to the two being built now. Not sure when it will be launched thou...
we know now :D

anyway whats the latest on these two 43-storey thingies?! Usually the developer will run adverts for buyers before construction I think and with the recent demise of the Times House at Kim Seng Road I can see more vacant plots of land there waiting to be developed. That area is relatively highrise.

#17 ·
Haha....I am still wondering what is happening to the Singapore River site thou.

#19 ·
redstone said:
What's the name of it and where is it?
No name. I think its supposed to be built over the present Trademart site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.