daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area > Manchester Construction Projects

Manchester Construction Projects Projects being built in Manchester

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #21
WatcherZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
FFS, give it a rest Watcher. Is that your sole purpose in life to constantly pick fault with Manchester City Football club?

If you don't like the club and what it now stands for, do us all a favour and don't post on the relevant threads.
What do you mean, im neither a fan of city nor a fan of united, I just call it like it is, if you cant deal with the negative you support the wrong club, try supporting a rugby club instead.
WatcherZero no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 4th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #22
jrb
10th February 2008

Likes (Received): 2190

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatcherZero View Post
What do you mean, im neither a fan of city nor a fan of united, I just call it like it is, if you cant deal with the negative you support the wrong club, try supporting a rugby club instead.
That's the problem Watcher, you constantly call it like it is, wrongly. And it's boring. In fact it has been boring for quite a while. I/we get your.....(fill in as appropriate) Nobody is interested TBH. If you're not going to contribute in a positive and worthwhile manner to City related topics/threads, don't bother. Save your petty bitching and sniping for another topic/thread.

Wait a minute! Deal with the negative? Go on then enlighten us all.

And why would I want to support a Rugby club? Because.....
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #23
jrb
10th February 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSteve View Post
As I mentioned on BM, I can stand the £1300+VAT option as long I can pay quarterly/monthly. I wouldn't move though because I am in a group of about 20 or possibly more members of Bredbury Blues Supporters Club Branch in 201 - it would have to be a group decision I think. And standing is a PITA as I'm a shortarse - much prefer to be sat on my squishy seat
Fair enough Steve.

Take it you picked up on the interest free monthly payments mentioned on the first email survey?
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #24
Cherguevara

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
That's the problem Watcher, you constantly call it like it is, wrongly. And it's boring. In fact it has been boring for quite a while. I/we get your.....(fill in as appropriate) Nobody is interested TBH. If you're not going to contribute in a positive and worthwhile manner to City related topics/threads, don't bother. Save your petty bitching and sniping for another topic/thread.

Wait a minute! Deal with the negative? Go on then enlighten us all.

And why would I want to support a Rugby club? Because.....
You are a wee bit sensitive where City/ADUG are concerned jerbster.
Cherguevara está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #25
jrb
10th February 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherguevara View Post
You are a wee bit sensitive where City/ADUG are concerned jerbster.
Not at all Che.

If it's fact or the truth I'll accept it, regardless.

However, Watcher has been constantly at it regarding City/ADUG.

Even the most ardent Reds on here can see what positives ADUG have brought to the club and East Manchester.

I don't claim for 1 minute ADUG are perfect, but what they've achieved so far, and what they have planned, should be supported, not.....

Which other group would invest so much time and money in one area, in these times of economic hardship?

F*** me(excuse the language), without their support and investment the club and East Manchester would still be.......
Old December 5th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #26
WatcherZero

Quote:
Not at all Che.

If it's fact or the truth I'll accept it, regardless.

However, Watcher has been constantly at it regarding City.

Even the most ardent Reds on here can see what positives ADUG have brought to the club and East Manchester.

I don't claim for 1 minute ADUG are perfect, but what they've achieved so far, and what they have planned, should be applauded.

F*** me(excuse the language), without their support and investment, the club and East manchester would still be.......
Go on then, point to a negative story ive posted about City other than Tevez being banned from driving, something I pointed out also took place while he was at United.
Old December 5th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #27
jrb
10th February 2008

Quote:
Go on then, point to a negative story ive posted about City other than Tevez being banned from driving, something I pointed out also took place while he was at United.

Quote:
Also significant that Etihad use Emirates stadium accomdation as example? Dont want to be outdone?
Yawn. Please.

There's been plenty of other pops along the way.

Quote:
I just call it like it is
Go on then, call it. Enlighten us.

Quote:
if you cant deal with the negative
And what negative would that be?

That you can't see the players from that picture. Or is it something else?
Old December 5th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #28
WatcherZero

Im making a serious point, why do you think THEY selected Emirates as their own point of reference?

Youve proved it JRB, youve proved your inablity to take negatives, taken a criticism of poor viewing at Munich stadium as a personal insult on your beloved club. Are you forgetting this is an architecture forum not a football supporters forum?
Old December 5th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #29
jrb
10th February 2008

Quote:
Im making a serious point, why do you think THEY selected Emirates as their own point of reference?

Youve proved it JRB, youve proved your inablity to take negatives, taken a criticism of poor viewing at Munich stadium as a personal insult on your beloved club. Are you forgetting this is an architecture forum not a football supporters forum?
How does a picture of the Allianz Arena relate to the expansion of the Etihad and any new sightlines? It's just a small/poor picture. A stadium with a 3rd tier. A vauge comparison included in the email survey.(people like pictures) Nothing else. Yet you felt the need/urge to pick up on that minor detail, rather than looking at the bigger picture of the stadium expansion as a whole. Hence the thread.

And once again.......

Quote:
Also significant that Etihad use Emirates stadium accomdation as example? Dont want to be outdone?
Yet your....

Quote:
neither a fan of city nor a fan of united
If that's the case, it shouldn't bother you, let alone enter your mind. Outdone? You've lost me.(that's not difficult jrb)

Comparisons will always be looked at and used. Where do you think the model for the new training academy came from? Exactly, from numerous other training acadamies around the world, which officials of the club visited.

Tell you what Watcher. When the details of the stadium expansion finally emerge, you can pull every and any negative you want about it, and how it relates to other stadia. Until then.....

Last edited by jrb; December 5th, 2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #30
DiscoSteve
IT City Planner

Likes (Received): 254

My Virtual Concrete Mixer has been at work again....

I have been redoing my Google Sketchup Model based on the Survey Diagram that shows City are looking to use all the space on the ends at the third tier level without touching the roof.

Today's Sky View

Expanded

Today's Third Tier North Stand View

Expanded

Today's Dugout View

Expanded

Today's View From East Stand Boxes

Expanded

Today's View From South Stand Level1

Expanded
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #31
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 2642

Kinda disappointing if that's all they're planning to do. Was hoping for something much grander, but maybe that'll happen later on.
RMB2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #32
DiscoSteve
IT City Planner

I think this is ALL they can do without starting on the roof - the word on BM is that expansion is a two stage affair; first fill the corners/ends under the roof to get to c60,000; and then a full scale roof off extra tier 80,000 monster :-)
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #33
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 2642

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSteve View Post
I think this is ALL they can do without starting on the roof - the word on BM is that expansion is a two stage affair; first fill the corners/ends under the roof to get to c60,000; and then a full scale roof off extra tier 80,000 monster :-)
Now that really would be awesome! Just a quick before and after I did showing what the 60,000 version could look like.

Before:

After:

Last edited by RMB2007; December 5th, 2012 at 04:43 AM.
RMB2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #34
DiscoSteve
IT City Planner

@RMB2007 - your mockup is EXACTLY how I saw the stage one 60,000 work

I can't see them filling the corners at the top of Level 2 with boxes because the space isn't deep enough and possibly, this might be the way out for those in the new 3rd tier - steps down to here from which they then leave through the staircases either side of the existing boxes sat ontop of tier 2
Old December 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #35
Uomo Senza Nome

Likes (Received): 76

I dont see the above renders reaching 60,000 from 47,000.

Uniteds expansion was huge to gain those thousands in comparison?

God, please do for 80,000. United would have to respond and the rest of the Premier League may as well give up.
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #36
Norb

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB2007 View Post
Now that really would be awesome! Just a quick before and after I did showing what the 60,000 version could look like.

After:

But where would the screens go?
Norb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #37
Karate_Kev

Likes (Received): 90

looks good with the three tiers
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #38
Norb

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:

WZ - having received the same survey as jrb and Disco - they used pictures from various sports stadia around the world to illustrate their various options - probably the closest match from a large library of available pictures to the changes that were being proposed

eg:

Norb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #39
DiscoSteve
IT City Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uomo Senza Nome View Post
I dont see the above renders reaching 60,000 from 47,000.
I'm not so sure either - maybe they'll pull the front edge forward a bit more - my renders assumed the overhang (3rd tier front edge over top of 2nd tier & boxes) to be the same as the sides.

Rags did get an extra 7,000 in just two corners in the last Swamp Expansion and this is 4 corners and across each end too, so who knows...
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #40
Uomo Senza Nome

Likes (Received): 76

The two corners at OT took expansion from 67000 to 76500, reduced later by removing seats for more boxes. So those two corners at OT are deceptively large, costing £90m to wedge in.

10000 extra seats in reality. Possible I guess to see an extra 13,000 especially if a larger overhang is included.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: