daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 28th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #821
Theizazo
Theizazo
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 179

A7-BAA In OneWorld Livery !

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr



And ... Here's another pic for her , In NDIA
http://instagram.com/p/gAJjN0r1jh/
__________________

fieldsofdreams, EK413, xJamaax, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by Theizazo; October 28th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
Theizazo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #822
GTR66
GTR66
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 312

Welcome to One World Alliance Qatar! Finally an airline in One World that I want to fly on. Does anyone know which route the plane fly once the welcome ceremony is over?
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #823
9V-SWV
Registered User
 
9V-SWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 345
Likes (Received): 373

Hello, at what time 9V-SWW start production process?

Thanks.
9V-SWV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #824
Highcliff
Fake democracy
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Săo Paulo
Posts: 7,384
Likes (Received): 5011

777-300...
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 01:25 PM   #825
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,243
Likes (Received): 9428

Boeing spreads 777X design work to Charleston, Moscow, defence sites

Boeing today announced that many of the component details for the 777X aircraft family will be designed by the company’s engineers located outside the Puget Sound region of Washington state.

Continuing a trend of distributing design work on new commercial aircraft, “much of the detailed design” on the 777X will be done at Boeing’s new factory in Charleston, South Carolina, and several sites normally associated with the company’s defence programmes, Boeing says.

The list of 777X design teams includes Boeing’s missile defence centre in Huntsville, Alabama, the soon-to-be-shuttered C-17 site in Long Beach, California, the cargo rotorcraft factory in Philadelphia and the fighter and weapons production complex in St. Louis, Missouri.

Russian engineers at the Boeing Design Center in Moscow also will participate in the 777X detailed design, Boeing says.

“A programme of this size requires that we bring together all of the talent that Boeing has to offer,” says Boeing executives Michael Delaney and Scott Fancher, in an email sent to employees today.

Delaney is Boeing’s vice-president for engineering of commercial aircraft and Fancher is vice-president and general manager of commercial aircraft development.

However, Boeing has not made final decisions on whether to design and build the 777X in Everett, Washington, where the company makes the 777-300ER and 777-200LR today.

The engineering workforce structure for the 777X keeps the design within Boeing. The company was haunted by its decision a decade ago to allow industrial partners to have design authority on major sections of the 787.

Although the design teams remain in-house, Boeing appears to be following and perhaps expanding the model established by the 747-8 and the 737 Max. Both programmes relied heavily on engineering staff outside of the Puget Sound area. The Moscow design centre heavily contributed to the design of the 747-8, while Boeing announced moving hundreds of engineering jobs on the 737 Max from Seattle to Charleston and Long Beach.

“The announced structure will allow for an efficient use of resources and enable Boeing to resolve design issues effectively the first time,” Delaney and Fancher wrote.

Boeing still must decide where to build the giant wing of the 777X and where to assemble the wing and the fuselage sections.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...-sites-392371/
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa

patel2897 liked this post
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:21 PM   #826
ramakrishna1984
Registered User
 
ramakrishna1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,039
Likes (Received): 788

Boeing delivers Kenya Airways’ first 777-300ER

Boeing has announced the delivery of a 777-300ER (Extended Range) aircraft to GE Capital Aviation Services for lease to Kenya Airways, marking the airline's first 777-300ER and the largest aircraft in its fleet. (source)


__________________

Highcliff liked this post
ramakrishna1984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 04:51 PM   #827
BBMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 102
Likes (Received): 35

They may also build the 777X in Charleston, not Everett. It looks like Boeing is playing hardball with the Seattle area unions that have plagued it for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Boeing spreads 777X design work to Charleston, Moscow, defence sites

Boeing today announced that many of the component details for the 777X aircraft family will be designed by the company’s engineers located outside the Puget Sound region of Washington state.

Continuing a trend of distributing design work on new commercial aircraft, “much of the detailed design” on the 777X will be done at Boeing’s new factory in Charleston, South Carolina, and several sites normally associated with the company’s defence programmes, Boeing says.

The list of 777X design teams includes Boeing’s missile defence centre in Huntsville, Alabama, the soon-to-be-shuttered C-17 site in Long Beach, California, the cargo rotorcraft factory in Philadelphia and the fighter and weapons production complex in St. Louis, Missouri.

Russian engineers at the Boeing Design Center in Moscow also will participate in the 777X detailed design, Boeing says.

“A programme of this size requires that we bring together all of the talent that Boeing has to offer,” says Boeing executives Michael Delaney and Scott Fancher, in an email sent to employees today.

Delaney is Boeing’s vice-president for engineering of commercial aircraft and Fancher is vice-president and general manager of commercial aircraft development.

However, Boeing has not made final decisions on whether to design and build the 777X in Everett, Washington, where the company makes the 777-300ER and 777-200LR today.

The engineering workforce structure for the 777X keeps the design within Boeing. The company was haunted by its decision a decade ago to allow industrial partners to have design authority on major sections of the 787.

Although the design teams remain in-house, Boeing appears to be following and perhaps expanding the model established by the 747-8 and the 737 Max. Both programmes relied heavily on engineering staff outside of the Puget Sound area. The Moscow design centre heavily contributed to the design of the 747-8, while Boeing announced moving hundreds of engineering jobs on the 737 Max from Seattle to Charleston and Long Beach.

“The announced structure will allow for an efficient use of resources and enable Boeing to resolve design issues effectively the first time,” Delaney and Fancher wrote.

Boeing still must decide where to build the giant wing of the 777X and where to assemble the wing and the fuselage sections.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...-sites-392371/
BBMW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 10:25 PM   #828
GTR66
GTR66
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 312

Well Boeing did just brought a couple hundred acres around the current 787 production facilities. They could easily add the 777X program branch or the 737MAX branch at CHS with no problems. Boeing just announced that they will be expanding the production rate of the 737 in 2017 and the Seattle area will need some major help with that new production rate. CHS would be a great place to branch out with the 777X or the 737MAX.
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 11:45 PM   #829
EK413
Registered User
 
EK413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,891
Likes (Received): 1895

Untitled (Ethiopian Airlines) Boeing 777-36N/ER
Portland - International (PDX / KPDX)
USA - Oregon, October 18, 2013

[IMG]http://i40.************/281rh5c.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...b4bee93d9436ae
__________________
EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

Highcliff liked this post
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM   #830
EK413
Registered User
 
EK413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,891
Likes (Received): 1895

Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 777-36N/ER
Everett - Snohomish County / Paine Field (PAE / KPAE)
USA - Washington, October 25, 2013
ET-APX (cn 42101/1150) Ethiopian Airlines' first painted 777-300ER.

[IMG]http://i41.************/2jbs9xg.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Ethio...b4bee93d9436ae
__________________
EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

xJamaax liked this post
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 06:02 AM   #831
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!
 
Oasis-Bangkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 16,040
Likes (Received): 52284

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/na_maew...n/photostream/

Thai Airways International
Boeing 777-2D7
Registration: HS-TJG
Aircraft Name: Pattani
Construction No. 27732 / Line No. 100
Location: Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK / VTBS)
__________________

Equario, EK413, Fewsmith liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #832
EK413
Registered User
 
EK413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,891
Likes (Received): 1895

Lufthansa Cargo
Boeing 777-FBT
Portland - International (PDX / KPDX) USA - Oregon, October 8, 2013

D-ALFA
[IMG]http://i43.************/2gws092.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufth...14afb8b369d4d8
__________________
EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #833
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր
 
bagus70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surabaya. The City of Hot Headed Heroes.
Posts: 3,911
Likes (Received): 891

Awesome aircraft! I wish if Lufthansa ordered the passenger version as well...
__________________
Visit Indonesia and enjoy the railway tour, volcanoes tour such as visit to mount Bromo and Ijen. Click: http://www.indonesianrailwaytour.com/
bagus70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #834
Sky_Higher
Registered User
 
Sky_Higher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 405
Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagus70 View Post
Awesome aircraft! I wish if Lufthansa ordered the passenger version as well...
It will happen in the future because they ordered 777X last month.
Sky_Higher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #835
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----
 
Momo1435's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: アルフェナンデンライン
Posts: 35,261
Likes (Received): 63118

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagus70 View Post
Awesome aircraft! I wish if Lufthansa ordered the passenger version as well...
They did.
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2013-09-...ong-Haul-Fleet

It has yet to be firmed up after the 777X is officially launched.


~~~~

Talking about the 777X, Boeing has reached an long term agreement with the unions in the Puget Sound area, which means that the assembly of the 777X and the fabrication of the wings will stay in Washington State. The production won't be moved to Charleston, South Carolina and the wings won't be made in Japan.


Quote:
Boeing Statement on IAM Long-Term Contract Extension

"Boeing Commercial Airplanes (NYSE: BA) has issued a statement from President and CEO Ray Conner in response to International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers District 751's decision to proceed with its efforts to secure a historic long-term contract extension that would result in locating final assembly of the new 777X and fabrication and assembly of the airplane's wing in Puget Sound.""

"I want to congratulate IAM District 751 Directing Business Representative Tom Wroblewski for his leadership, vision and determination to forge an agreement of historic proportion that, when ratified, will secure and extend thousands of high-wage, high-skilled aerospace jobs and expanded economic opportunity for residents of Puget Sound and Portland for many years to come," said Conner. "Tom and his team pressed hard for an agreement that maintains market-leading pay and benefits for the members he represents, while also recognizing the critical importance of our efforts to achieve increasing competitiveness in order to win against a growing list of global competitors.

"This is important to everyone with a stake in Boeing – including our employees, the community and our customers – and we look forward to the ratification and a long successful future as the global leader in aerospace," Conner said.
Boeing press release:
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2013-11-...ract-Extension
__________________
Support your Idols
キタ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ฅ(๑⊙д⊙๑)ฅ!! ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━!!!
Japan Projects & Construction

Highcliff, Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #836
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր
 
bagus70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surabaya. The City of Hot Headed Heroes.
Posts: 3,911
Likes (Received): 891

So once the Boeing 777X launched, will it be end of the line for Boeing 77W and others?
__________________
Visit Indonesia and enjoy the railway tour, volcanoes tour such as visit to mount Bromo and Ijen. Click: http://www.indonesianrailwaytour.com/
bagus70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #837
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----
 
Momo1435's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: アルフェナンデンライン
Posts: 35,261
Likes (Received): 63118

There will be some overlap in production, but the 777X will completely replace the current generation 777s.

The 777F might last the longest from the current generation since Boeing has not yet announced the 777X freighter. So the current line might stay open for several years after the 777X assembly line opens.
__________________
Support your Idols
キタ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ฅ(๑⊙д⊙๑)ฅ!! ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━!!!
Japan Projects & Construction

Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #838
noir-dresses
bling bling
 
noir-dresses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto-Zagreb-Zrce-Dubai
Posts: 5,745
Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
There will be some overlap in production, but the 777X will completely replace the current generation 777s.

The 777F might last the longest from the current generation since Boeing has not yet announced the 777X freighter. So the current line might stay open for several years after the 777X assembly line opens.
Once the X's start being delivered that will give the 777 program around a three decade life span. I can see the X's furthering the life span of the 777 into four or five decades of commercial usage.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #839
GTR66
GTR66
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Once the X's start being delivered that will give the 777 program around a three decade life span. I can see the X's furthering the life span of the 777 into four or five decades of commercial usage.
Easily into four or five decades of commercial service after the current generation 777s are delivered. Look at the MD-11 with KLM. That plane is kicking until they retire it. The 777X will be one of those aircraft that will be able to be bought new, used by the airline 15-20 yrs and then be able to be sold to a second airline and be used for at least 10 yrs until being converted to a freighter for about another 5-10 yrs of usage. Boeing builds planes that are hardy and can be used for a long time its what there good at.
__________________

fieldsofdreams liked this post
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #840
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր
 
bagus70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surabaya. The City of Hot Headed Heroes.
Posts: 3,911
Likes (Received): 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR66 View Post
Look at the MD-11 with KLM. That plane is kicking until they retire it.
My friend in KLM told me that by next year, the type will be retired. Along with KLM's remaining Boeing 747-400.
What is interesting about KLM's MD-11 is that some of them have been retired. And instead of being converted into freighter, these planes are dismantled to provide spare parts for its flying sisters going.
__________________
Visit Indonesia and enjoy the railway tour, volcanoes tour such as visit to mount Bromo and Ijen. Click: http://www.indonesianrailwaytour.com/
bagus70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium