daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2014, 10:21 PM   #1521
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
According to this tweet on the NYTimes"Many of the bodies were largely intact, indicating that the plane had made at least a somewhat controlled landing." @stavernise on #MH17
https://twitter.com/nytimesworld
There are many evidence that bodies were dropping down from sky..

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2014, 10:56 PM   #1522
SIMSI

Likes (Received): 1427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dru View Post
It's a very very very sad year for Malaysian Airlines......

First the lost of MH370 and today they lost a plane because of a military rocket.
The question is the real reason?
SIMSI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 04:34 AM   #1523
erkantang

Likes (Received): 186

BOEING | 777 News & Discussion

What !? A crash of the same airliner in half of the year time!
erkantang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 08:23 AM   #1524
baiu001

Likes (Received): 107

image hosting 10mb limit

image hosting above 5 mb

image hosting over 5mb

photo uploading

PIA777, bbq liked this post
baiu001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 09:17 AM   #1525
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
But if it is indeed confirmed that it was shot down, it wouldnt be the fault neither of the airline nor of the plane.
In the case of the flight 370, seems that neither is the plane or airline fault also, although in that case it is still unknown what really happened.

According to this tweet on the NYTimes"Many of the bodies were largely intact, indicating that the plane had made at least a somewhat controlled landing." @stavernise on #MH17
https://twitter.com/nytimesworld
Qantas flights do not pass over Ukraine with flights between Dubai and London tracking approximately 400 nautical miles south of this region. This measure has been in place as a precaution even prior to MH17 so I feel the flight path should have been reviewed.

Regardless, my thoughts and prayers go out to family with loved ones onboard.
Old July 18th, 2014, 10:54 AM   #1526
erkantang

Likes (Received): 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
Qantas flights do not pass over Ukraine with flights between Dubai and London tracking approximately 400 nautical miles south of this region. This measure has been in place as a precaution even prior to MH17 so I feel the flight path should have been reviewed.

Well, the airline hasnt avoided that route over the ukraine
erkantang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #1527
EK413

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkantang View Post
Well, the airline hasnt avoided that route over the ukraine
I only take it you referring to MH not avoiding Ukraine airspace....
Old July 18th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #1528
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11253

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post

I had that same thought too of the MH crew reviewing its flight path before attempting to fly over eastern Ukraine in order for it to get to its next waypoint in Russia.... However, that was met with a heated debate with a Malaysian friend of mine on FB, telling me that it is a common route for long-haul flights (which I agree), and that MH was informed by ICAO that the flight path it took was deemed as "safe". Therefore, it is ICAO that should have determined whether or not the airspace around the crash site is safe or not for the flying public. And what's deeply worrying is that it is the airline's second crash (after MH370) in less than six months, involving the same aircraft type (B777-200ER). It seems to me that this incident is a horrible waste of hundreds of lives and an aircraft which was regarded as one of the safest in the world... I wonder now how Malaysia Airlines and Boeing will address their issues on this matter, especially on bringing back their reputation.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

Zaz965 liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 01:25 AM   #1529
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 99

Does the news where you are not report that it was brought down by a surface to air missile?? Why else would you bring the model of the plane into the discussion? Of course it is still one of the safest planes in the world.
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #1530
Buffalomatt1027

Likes (Received): 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
I had that same thought too of the MH crew reviewing its flight path before attempting to fly over eastern Ukraine in order for it to get to its next waypoint in Russia.... However, that was met with a heated debate with a Malaysian friend of mine on FB, telling me that it is a common route for long-haul flights (which I agree), and that MH was informed by ICAO that the flight path it took was deemed as "safe". Therefore, it is ICAO that should have determined whether or not the airspace around the crash site is safe or not for the flying public. And what's deeply worrying is that it is the airline's second crash (after MH370) in less than six months, involving the same aircraft type (B777-200ER). It seems to me that this incident is a horrible waste of hundreds of lives and an aircraft which was regarded as one of the safest in the world... I wonder now how Malaysia Airlines and Boeing will address their issues on this matter, especially on bringing back their reputation.
Malaysian Airlines will need to rebrand and pray that another accident doesnt happens. Their brand took an even BIGGER hit due to the 777 being shot down. A lot of PR help is going to be needed.

as for Boeing: Technically the 777 did its job. Commercial airplanes arent supposed to take on missiles.

and the miss guided plane that disappeared was on the pilots!

Last edited by Buffalomatt1027; July 19th, 2014 at 05:49 AM.
Buffalomatt1027 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 03:19 AM   #1531
mrsashko

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalomatt1027 View Post
pray that another accident happens.

You want another accident????
mrsashko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #1532
EK413

Quote:
I've read articles indicating this particular route was ruled unsafe with the FAA warning US carriers to avoid Ukraine airspace. I understand the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) is an operating mode of the U.S. Department of Transportation. Question is why didn't all regulators follow...?

"Based on the information currently available it is believed that the airspace that the aircraft was traversing was not subject to restrictions," the International Air Transport Association, which represents airlines worldwide, said in a statement.

But the FAA took the action April 25, which is to remain in effect for one year, because of a dispute between Ukraine and Russia about which country controlled the airspace in the Simferopol region, which covers the Crimean peninsula.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...ning/12783569/

Malaysian Airlines isn't an unsafe carrier, unfortunately the carrier now has 2 high profile accidents involving my favourite aircraft with MH370 disappearance unexplained & now a surface to air missile.
In defence of MH, the carrier hasn't had luck with 2 B777's involved, 1 unexplained disappearance & now a surface to air missile. Further to the carriers defence the restricted airspace is 32,000ft, MH17 was cruising at 33,000ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalomatt1027 View Post
Malaysian Airlines will need to rebrand and pray that another accident doesnt happens. Their brand took an even BIGGER hit due to the 777 being shot down. A lot of PR help is going to be needed.

as for Boeing: Technically the 777 did its job. Commercial airplanes arent supposed to take on missiles.

and the miss guided plane that disappeared was on the pilots!
The airline is on EY's radar interested to purchase a stake in the already crippling carrier. EY rebranded JAT as Air Serbia, perhaps MH will under go similar rebranding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashko View Post

You want another accident????
fieldsofdreams is a highly respected member in my books on SSC & he obviously meant "pray that another accident doesnt happens".

I recommend we move further discussions surrounding MH17 to Aviation Incidents & Emergencies Discussions

Last edited by EK413; July 19th, 2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Further details
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #1533
ovnours
свинота

Likes (Received): 61050

Quote:
And what's deeply worrying is that it is the airline's second crash (after MH370) in less than six months, involving the same aircraft type (B777-200ER). It seems to me that this incident is a horrible waste of hundreds of lives and an aircraft which was regarded as one of the safest in the world... I wonder now how Malaysia Airlines and Boeing will address their issues on this matter, especially on bringing back their reputation.
I can see how this tragedy may affect reputation of MH, but what harm can it do to Boeing's reputation? It's not like they are going to attack Boeing for not equippnig aircraft with flares and radar countermeasures...
Old July 19th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #1534
ZNaseer

Likes (Received): 351

Malaysia Airlines B777-200ER at KLIA (9M-MRG, sistership of lost 9M-MRO and 9M-MRD)

patel2897 liked this post
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #1535
OClone
BANNED

We still don't know what happened to MH370. That may be the plane's fault.
OClone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 03:26 AM   #1536
TedToToe

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by OClone View Post
We still don't know what happened to MH370. That may be the plane's fault.
No we don't know the complete story, but there is compelling evidence that a person or persons sŵitched off the systems and steered the aircraft with the intention of avoiding radar.
TedToToe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #1537
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3106

I think the Boeing 777 is innocent in both incidents...
Old July 21st, 2014, 09:00 AM   #1538
nawa87

Likes (Received): 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedToToe View Post
No we don't know the complete story, but there is compelling evidence that a person or persons sŵitched off the systems and steered the aircraft with the intention of avoiding radar.

Where is the evidence? There is speculation and conspiracy theory but there is no evidence.
nawa87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 09:23 AM   #1539
nawa87

Likes (Received): 267

You are right.. But take a look at this, I think we shouldn't blame MH solely for flying over Ukraine. Many airlines have used that route leading up to the tragedy.

830 aircraft belonging to 65 airlines flew over the same area near Donetsk where MH17 was shot down over the past 7 days.
Original article in Norwegian.

NB Data comes from FlightRadar24, it only includes a/c equipped with ADS-B transponders.

SRC_100, sweet-d liked this post

Last edited by nawa87; July 21st, 2014 at 09:29 AM.
nawa87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 03:09 PM   #1540
jarkti
World's Happiest Person

Likes (Received): 752

It was United that said they stoped about three months ago didn't they?