daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > 3D Designs

3D Designs Showcase for your designs done in CAD, SketchUp or other 3D programs

Old November 9th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #1
Makaveli96

Likes (Received): 114

Problem and Questions...

I have a model, now it runs very slow on Sketchup and is impossible to work with. Is this because of my computer or Sketchup? And are there any ways to help speed it up?

Last edited by Makaveli96; November 9th, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
Makaveli96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 9th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #2
xdexina
"Dex" for the friends!

Likes (Received): 25

I gave you no auth to share my file!
Now i'm mad!

For your info, the file runs really great on skp, if you have proper specs! don't expect to run it easily if you don't have a great cpu, gpu, or memory.
xdexina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #3
Makaveli96

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdexina View Post
I gave you no auth to share my file!
Now i'm mad!

For your info, the file runs really great on skp, if you have proper specs! don't expect to run it easily if you don't have a great cpu, gpu, or memory.
Man seriously I did not know :/, but I will take it down immediately if that is what you want. Again sorry about that I thought you were sharing it anyway. But thank you for the information, any laptops you would recommend? Or techniques to help speed it up?

Also right, does it run at normal speed if you have good specs and can you edit the complex and stuff?

Last edited by Makaveli96; November 9th, 2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old November 9th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #4
xdexina
"Dex" for the friends!

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli96 View Post
Man seriously I did not know :/, but I will take it down immediately if that is what you want. Again sorry about that I thought you were sharing it anyway. But thank you for the information, any laptops you would recommend? Or techniques to help speed it up?

Also right, does it run at normal speed if you have good specs and can you edit the complex and stuff?
Sorry for me being so rude above.

It's just that it was so hard to do it, that it was strange to see it online.

Look, i'm working right now on what you asked by pm. I had no way to do it before, because i was really busy.

I will first turn everything to components to make it easy to you to work on it. It will be faster and easier to scale or erase anything. but that will take me a while.

The file, even if it's big, runs fine believe me. The main request to it to run like butter, it's essentially a great hardware. Memory (at least 4gb, 8gb would be the recommended) and CPU power are fundamental.

I can't say which laptop suits you better.

I can tell what's mine to give you perspective. But again, this doesn't mean the you have to get this to get it done.

I have a Retina Macbook Pro 15' running in a 2.6ghz Quad-core i7 (turbo boost up to 3,5ghz) running with 16gb of ram and with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M.
It's the best computer i ever owned. I take it as the perfect laptop, but that it's because I use OSX. So it may differ from your POV!

Any help just say

Makaveli96 liked this post
xdexina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #5
masterpaul
(Nilaul)

Likes (Received): 118

Quote:

Look, i'm working right now on what you asked by pm. I had no way to do it before, because i was really busy.

I will first turn everything to components to make it easy to you to work on it. It will be faster and easier to scale or erase anything. but that will take me a while.

The file, even if it's big, runs fine believe me. The main request to it to run like butter, it's essentially a great hardware. Memory (at least 4gb, 8gb would be the recommended) and CPU power are fundamental.

I can tell what's mine to give you perspective. But again, this doesn't mean the you have to get this to get it done.

I have a Retina Macbook Pro 15' running in a 2.6ghz Quad-core i7 (turbo boost up to 3,5ghz) running with 16gb of ram and with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M.
It's the best computer i ever owned. I take it as the perfect laptop, but that it's because I use OSX. So it may differ from your POV!

Any help just say
Nope sketchup can only use up to 4gb of ram, anything more is useless). 32 bit programs when they are flagged as being "large address aware" can only access up to 4gb on 64 bit systems. However if someone does have a really crappy computer; sketch-up could run only on 1GB. If you have a 32 bit computer you can only use up to 2GB of ram.

Quote:
http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/36208

Recommended hardware
2+ GHz processor.
2+ GB RAM.
500 MB of available hard-disk space.
3D class Video Card with 512+ MB of memory or higher.

Please ensure that the video card driver supports OpenGL version 1.5 or higher and up to date.

SketchUp's performance relies heavily the graphics card driver and it's ability to support OpenGL 1.5 or higher. Historically, people have seen problems with Intel based cards with SketchUp. We don't recommend using these graphics cards with SketchUp at this time.

Minimum hardware
1 GHz processor.
1 GB RAM.
16 GB of total hard-disk space.
300 MB of free hard-disk space.
3D class Video Card with 256 MB of memory or higher. Please ensure that the video card driver supports OpenGL version 1.5 or higher and up to date.

Last edited by masterpaul; November 10th, 2013 at 06:27 AM.
masterpaul está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Makaveli96

Quote:

Any help just say
Man you don't actually have to apologize it was my fault for putting it online so I again apologize for the inconvenience it caused.

Also really ? That would be amazing man thanks that has honestly made my day! And yeah I remember and don't worry about it man there was no rush I actually made the 2000ft towers on a low res model just to see what it would like and it looked amazing! So doing it with the hi res one you provide I can only imagine how incredible it will look.

If you can make the model allot more efficient for me that would be appreciated mate!

Also thanks for the information I will look into getting one.