daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #21
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

What a shame. Ugly signage
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #22
DecoJim

Likes (Received): 6

It does not look like the Boerentoren was structurally changed. The wall around a mechanical floor at the top may have been raised slightly and a boxy sign added on top. It does not look like any new floors were added to the building.
DecoJim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #23
master-chivas

Likes (Received): 200

I think the answer is YES, if and only IF, the building is prepared and designed for it!
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #24
De Klauw

Likes (Received): 2404

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
What a shame. Ugly signage
The signage gives the building its character
De Klauw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #25
Ocean Railroader
The Railroad Anomily

Likes (Received): 5

I do raise the height of my HO scale scrapers and buildings by adding more floors to them sometimes even making them twice as tall. But the things I run into with them when this happens is that I reach a point where I need to make the bases of the skyscrapers far larger then the former skyscraper that start to add floors to keep it from tipping over.

For this in real life if I wanted to say make the Empire state building to or three times taller then it is right now I would have to make the base of it four to five times bigger by way of making it longer and wider by knocking down buildings next to it. And then building a new base that would have the old Empire building become a side to the new empire state building. And have the new building rise up to the new super tall height and give it a top that looks like the old empire state building. This could be way to make a building taller but the pro berm is you have to make the base of the building larger to keep it from becoming top heavy.
Ocean Railroader no está en línea   Reply With Quote