daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 6th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #41
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62818

They won't get any new A330s.

The A330s that are currently phased out are replaced with the new 77Ws, when the A350s will join the fleet it will mean the end of all the A330s, A340s and B772s.

Highcliff, Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #42
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
They won't get any new A330s.

The A330s that are currently phased out are replaced with the new 77Ws, when the A350s will join the fleet it will mean the end of all the A330s, A340s and B772s.
A little off topic EK was sappose to take all 8 343s out of they're fleet this year also, but it looks like they will only take four out for now. Most likely because of the 380 wing crack fix that will take place this year so they need the extra airframes while 4 SJ are out of service for two months at a time.
noir-dresses está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #43
bataxbond
In the gettho

Likes (Received): 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
With that new aircraft for Garuda, how many A330s will the airline have? I believe it also operates the A330-300 model too...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
According to Arifleets.net they now operate 15 A330s, 9 -200s and 6 -300s. They got 20 more on order out of which 2 are for the -200 and the other 18 for the -300.
Yups.. you're rite. From airbus website, until November, Garuda has that number as you tell.
bataxbond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #44
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8961

Some news from the least known A330 version, the A330 MRTT.

Quote:
Airbus Military A330 MRTT selected by Indian Government

7/1/2013

Airbus Military is pleased to confirm that it has been selected by the Government of India as the preferred bidder to supply its A330 MRTT Multi Role Tanker Transport to the Indian Air Force (IAF).

The decision follows a lengthy and thorough selection process including the completion of extensive flight demonstrations in India by the A330 MRTT during which the aircraft refuelled multiple types of IAF fighters and operated from the high-altitude IAF base at Leh.

Detailed negotiations will now begin which it is expected will lead to the award of a final production contract for an envisaged six aircraft in 2013.

Airbus Military CEO Domingo Ureρa Raso said: “We are grateful for the confidence shown in our company by the Government of India and the Indian Air Force, and we appreciate the detailed and fair appraisal of the competing products which they have conducted. This has been a long and tough competition and we are honoured to have been selected.

“We are fully committed to the next stage of the negotiations, and ultimately to providing the IAF with what is unquestionably the most advanced tanker/transport aircraft flying and certified today.”

India΄s selection of the A330 MRTT makes it the fifth nation to commit to the type following Australia, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom which have ordered a total of 28 aircraft.

About A330 MRTT
The Airbus Military A330 MRTT is the only new generation strategic tanker/transport aircraft flying and available today. The large 111 tonnes/ 245,000 lb basic fuel capacity of the successful A330-200 airliner, from which it is derived, enables the A330 MRTT to excel in Air-to-Air Refuelling missions without the need for any additional fuel tank. The A330 MRTT is offered with a choice of proven air-to-air refuelling systems including an advanced Airbus
Military Aerial Refuelling Boom System, and/or a pair of under-wing hose and drogue pods, and/or a Fuselage Refuelling Unit.

Thanks to its true wide-body fuselage, the A330 MRTT can also be used as a pure transport aircraft able to carry 300 troops, or a payload of up to 45 tonnes/99,000 lb. It can also easily be converted to accommodate up to 130 stretchers for Medical Evacuation (MEDEVAC). Todate, a total of 28 A330 MRTTs have been ordered by four customers (Australia, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom), with one (Saudi Arabia) having already placed a repeat order.
A330 MRTT at the Singapore Airshow 2012
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #45
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11244

Hmmm looks like the military version of the A330 is pretty decent looking indeed. I wonder though how far it could fly, and how much payload it can carry...

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross

Highcliff liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:45 AM   #46
DTW777

Likes (Received): 12

First A330 for Fiji Airways Spotted!

Delivery of the first A330 for Fiji Airways (formerly Air Pacific) is expected sometime in March. The photos are edited, so the colors are a bit darker than usual. All due credit to the photographer for posting these on Flickr.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

DTW777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #47
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Seriously? That'll be a first A330 for a new customer indeed. Hopefully, Air Pacific will use it for its Asian flights -- it needs to replace its old and outdated B767-300ER.

Old January 10th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #48
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

That looks much better then the 1980s tail design of the current Air Pacific fleet.

Since their 767 already left the fleet early last year the 3 A330-200 will be replacing their 747s. The A330s will be used on the routes to Hong Kong, Los Angeles and Sydney that are now served by the 747. I don't think they still have the ambition to open new long haul routes, they shelved those when they cancelled their order for 8(!!!) 787s.

Old January 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #49
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I didn't know that their old livery is really that old (1980s)! I find the new livery much livelier that it can really pull passengers into noticing the aircraft with its unique logo. And with the B747s being retired from Air Pacific's fleet, where would those go? Hopefully, the A332s will bring in better features that will truly make traveling to Fiji much more hospitable and awesome.

Old January 10th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #50
Theizazo
Theizazo

Likes (Received): 179

How about Iberia's ??? They're supposed to be delivered in Febreuary !
Theizazo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #51
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

Iberia is supposed to get its first a333 next week, and will start operations on the first of february to Luanda but also other destinations such as Dakar, Rome, heathrow or Tel Aviv for crew training.
The real destinations will start in march with a daily Miami, and a 3 times a week Chicago.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #52
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I think I have described that on page 1, with a summary of destinations for Iberia's new A330.

Old January 10th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #53
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

I want to chime in and say that the A330 is a very good looking plane. I've only flown on it once on US Airways from Rome to Philadelphia back in 2007.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #54
Theizazo
Theizazo

Likes (Received): 179

If IB is gonna receive their 1st next week , then why there's no pics for it yet ???
Theizazo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #55
DTW777

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
I didn't know that their old livery is really that old (1980s)! I find the new livery much livelier that it can really pull passengers into noticing the aircraft with its unique logo. And with the B747s being retired from Air Pacific's fleet, where would those go? Hopefully, the A332s will bring in better features that will truly make traveling to Fiji much more hospitable and awesome.
A little video explaining the new corporate identity. They definitely did their homework by the looks of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4qGjpnSmE4

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

As for the interior...

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The IFE is AVOD.

I gotta say the 787s would've looked really nice with this livery, but the A330s aren't too shabby.

DTW777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #56
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

So that means Air Pacific will be rebranded as Fiji Airways? Finally, the name of the country of origin is now an airline name too... Sweet deal!

Looks like Fiji Airways will retain as Fiji's flag carrier indeed, and they sure did their homework. Gotta love the brand new interiors myself, and AVOD as their IFE? Even better! And it looks like the airline invested a lot into rebranding and in completely new seats and aircraft interiors. Well done!

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #57
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Quote:
The old livery is actually from the early 2000s or something. The livery they had in the 1980s had the same colors all over the fuselage and not just on the tail, it was actually less tacky.

The new livery is a welcome change. Let's hope for them that the new name and look can turn things around for them, these are not the easiest times for airlines from the pacific Islands.

ps. Their 744s are actually some of the oldest still flying, they got them from launch customer Singapore Airlines. Air Pacifics oldest actually was the 8th 744 that came out of assembly. This means that their next stop will be somewhere in the desert for storage if they aren't scrapped immediately.

Old January 11th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #58
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Dang, the eighth B744 straight from Everett? now that's truly old indeed. The A332 then will bring a refreshing change of identity and outlook for Fiji Airways (a.k.a. Air Pacific), and hopefully, it will make the flying experience much more pleasurable than before. Do you have any idea of the seating configuration for that aircraft?

Old January 12th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #59
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
I think I have described that on page 1, with a summary of destinations for Iberia's new A330.
I can't memorize all your posts, sorry.
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #60
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
So I've been scouring around Airline Route for any new airlines operating the A330 from November, and I've found some. I will write down my summary after each link.

Boliviana de Aviacion
Boliviana de Aviacion, the airline company that replaced the defunct AeroSur, has launched service to Madrid from Santa Cruz, Bolivia, using a leased A330-200.

Hong Kong Airlines
Hong Kong Airlines has added an A330-300 to its fleet (along with its existing A330-200), in which it has already started operations on one of the airline's two Hong Kong-Beijing rotations.

Iberia
Spain's national airline, Iberia, will add an A330-300 to its fleet, and it will operate the aircraft from February 2013 to three European (London, Rome, and Tel Aviv) and four long-haul (Chicago, Dakar, Luanda, and Miami) destinations.

Jet Airways
Jet Airways, India's largest privately-owned airline, will launch A330-300 operations starting 22 December 2012 on Mumbai-Brussels and Mumbai-Hong Kong flights, and it will complement its existing A330-200 aircraft.

Shaheen Air
Shaheen Air, a Pakistani airline, has recently added an A330-300 to its fleet, and it will initially operate flights from three Pakistani cities (Islamabad, Lahore, and Peshawar) to Riyadh in Saudi Arabia.

TACA Airways: 1 - 2
TACA Airways has recently added an A330-200 to its fleet, and it has started operations to Buenos Aires and Bogota from Lima utilizing the new aircraft.

TransAsia Airways
TransAsia Airways has recently added an A330-300 to its fleet, and the Taiwanese-based airline will use the new aircraft to operate between Taipei and cities in Hokkaido Prefecture in Japan, as well as its daily Taipei-Singapore flight.

XL Airways France
XL Airways France, a low-cost French carrier, will launch new services from Paris-Charles de Gaulle to four Caribbean (Fort-de-France, Pointe-a-Pitre, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana) destinations using its brand new A330-300, configured as mono-class (all Y) with 408 seats.
That's the one. See note for Iberia.

Tags
airbus