daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #601
nossiano

Likes (Received): 114

Airbus to expand oversize air transport capability

Launches development of new Beluga oversize transport aircraft
17 NOVEMBER 2014 PRESS RELEASE
To industrially accompany the A350 XWB ramp-up and other aircraft production rate increases, Airbus took the decision to launch the development and production of five new Belugas.
The new Beluga will be based on the A330 with a large re-use of existing components and equipment. The distinctive looking lowered cockpit, the cargo bay structure and the rear-end and tail will be amongst the items which will be newly developed.
The first of the five new Belugas will enter in service in mid-2019. The existing Beluga fleet will operate in parallel, and will be progressively retired through to 2025.
The current Beluga fleet of five aircraft is based on the A300. The "Beluga", is Airbus’ unique method for transporting large aircraft components– between company production sites in Europe. Airbus had already l launched “the Fly 10000” project aiming at doubling the current Beluga capacity by 2017. However the current capacity is limited and the new Beluga fleet will close this capacity gap.
With its flexibility and short transport lead-times, oversize air transport is a cornerstone of Airbus’ industrial operations.
http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...rt-capability/

patel2897, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
nossiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #602
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8961

Awesome news! It was high time that Airbus started a modernisation program for the Beluga fleet.

The question is on which A330 version the new Belugas will be based on (A330-200/300/800neo/900neo)?
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 01:22 AM   #603
Andrex

Likes (Received): 877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalomatt1027 View Post
"american" air carriers like United, Americans, and so on dont want the a380 because the economics on the plane alone isnt good. High capacity 4 engine planes is "old technology" and are huge risks. Many a380 customers are having issues just filling the planes.
You make mistake when making a wrong assumption about high capacity and number of engines. While it's true the Airbus' "4 engines 4 long-haul" slogan is pretty obsolete is also true the A380 is a very good airliner with the lastest engine technology. The "problem" for the A380 is being a VLA, and the VLA market is small.

On the other hand, all airlines that fly A380 previously to purchase, did they already know how big the plane is, isn't??

Quote:
Also Boeing main selling point is to bypass major hubs and fly a direct flight to certain cites that wouldnt normally get international flights.

Example is the 787 service from Austin, Tx to London.
Could you tell me more examples, other than the extremely known Austin-London example?

Contrary to popular belief If you examine it carefully you'll find there are too few examples.
Andrex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 01:23 AM   #604
ZNaseer

Likes (Received): 351

Finnair A340-300 (OH-LQF)

Jetstar A330-200 (VH-EBJ)

China Airlines A330-300 (B-18307)

patel2897 liked this post
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #605
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 2030

It seems that Delta Airlines has ordered 25 A330 NEO. Order will be announced soon.

Edit:

Order was announced on Airbus's twitter around an hour ago.

patel2897, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post

Last edited by future.architect; November 20th, 2014 at 11:57 PM.
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:53 AM   #606
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Quote:
Delta orders 50 Airbus widebody aircraft

25 A350-900 and 25 A330-900neo to join fleet of leading U.S. airline.

20 November 2014

Delta Air Lines has placed a firm order for 50 new Airbus widebody aircraft, 25 A350-900 and 25 A330-900neo aircraft. Rolls-Royce Trent 7000 engines will power the Airbus A330neo aircraft and Trent XWB engines will power Airbus A350 XWB aircraft.

“When the most successful U.S. airline today – a company that has flown passengers around the world for more than 80 years, has 80-thousand employees and 165 million customers in a year – says ‘yes we want 50 more of your widebody planes’, you can’t debate the fact that it is a massive endorsement of your product line,” said John Leahy, Airbus’ Chief Operating Officer – Customers. “Airbus is unique in offering an optimized long-range choice in aircraft that will allow Delta to continue to modernize its fleet and customize its use with the most efficient and comfortable aircraft available.”

Delta Air Lines currently flies both Airbus single-aisle and widebody aircraft, including 57 A319ceo and 69 A320ceo aircraft, plus 11 A330-200s and 21 A330-300s. In addition to the order announced today, Delta has an order backlog of 10 A330-300s and 45 A321ceo aircraft, bringing its total Airbus backlog to 105 aircraft.

The A350 XWB is the latest addition to the market-leading Airbus widebody product line. Offering its customers a 25 percent reduction in fuel-burn, the all-new mid-size long-range A350 XWB Family aircraft can seat up to 369 passengers in a typical two-class layout. The A350 has a carbon fibre fuselage and wings and sets new standards in terms of passenger experience, operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness. At the end of October 2014, the A350 XWB had won 750 orders from 39 customers worldwide.

[...]
What Is Love?

passat1717 liked this post

Last edited by Deadeye Reloaded; November 21st, 2014 at 02:32 AM.
Old November 21st, 2014, 02:32 AM   #607
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

And here is a second excellent message for Airbus today:
France will order 12 A330 MRTTs!

John Leahy must be lying completely drunk in his office right now.

Quote:
France announces order for Airbus A330 MRTT air-to-air refuelling aircraft

20/11/2014

Twelve aircraft to be acquired in multi-year programme.

Airbus Defence and Space has been selected by the French Ministry of Defence to supply 12 A330 MRTT new generation air-to-air refuelling aircraft for the French Air Force. The first delivery is foreseen for 2018, followed by the second in 2019, and then at a rate of one or two per year.

The contract agreed between the French procurement agency, la Direction Générale de l’Armement (DGA), and Airbus Defence and Space is now ready for the official award. The contract covers the development and qualification of the specific French configuration as well as the associated support and training systems, such as spares, ground support equipment, training devices and five years of in-service support from first delivery.

France’s choice of the A330 MRTT makes it the sixth nation to order the type following Australia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom which have ordered a total of 34 aircraft. In addition, India and Qatar have selected the MRTT and are in the final stages of contractual negotiations for six and two aircraft respectively. A total of 22 aircraft are currently in service and the aircraft has been battle-proven in recent coalition actions.

The A330 MRTT has won every major tanker aircraft procurement competition outside the USA since it has entered the market.

Airbus Defence and Space Executive Vice President Military Aircraft, Domingo Ureńa Raso said: “The French Air Force has enormous experience in the field of air-to-air refuelling. It knows the factors which are critical to success and its selection of the A330 MRTT is a real honour for us. In addition it is a long-standing operator of our transport aircraft and as always we are particularly proud in gaining the further confidence of an existing customer.”

In French service the A330 MRTT will be powered by Rolls-Royce Trent 700 engines, be equipped with a combination of the Airbus Refuelling Boom System and underwing hose-and-drogue refuelling pods, and can be configured in a variety of layouts carrying up to 271 passengers as well as medevac arrangements including the French MORPHEE intensive care module carrying up to ten patients as well as 88 passengers.

A RAAF A330 MRTT refueling two Spanish F/A-18s.
What Is Love?

Last edited by Deadeye Reloaded; November 24th, 2014 at 05:00 AM.
Old November 21st, 2014, 01:30 PM   #608
ZNaseer

Likes (Received): 351

Aircalin A330-200 repainted into new scheme (F-OJSE).

fieldsofdreams liked this post
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 01:12 AM   #609
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11244

Quote:
Originally Posted by future.architect View Post
It seems that Delta Airlines has ordered 25 A330 NEO. Order will be announced soon.

Edit:

Order was announced on Airbus's twitter around an hour ago.
Delta could also get more A330-300CEOs as well to support its fast-growing operations, especially on Transpacific services. I mean, with the airline retiring its B747-400s soon, a lot of its ops will be shifted over to the B777s, A330s, and A350s, all of which has lower seating capacities than the B744.

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 06:52 AM   #610
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

To celebrate my 14,000th post here...

TAME Ecuador A330-200 (reg. HC-COH)

Old November 22nd, 2014, 07:30 AM   #611
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3598

Congratulations fieldsofdreams For Your 14,000 Posts
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 07:36 AM   #612
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Thanks!

Forgot to post this one... with Lufthansa "Wings", it seems like the airline will also be operating another aircraft type, aside from the A340-300...

Lufthansa eyes long-haul, low-cost service with A330-200s (from 31 October 2014)

To me, the A330-200 is a perfect accompaniment to its planned A340-300 in its sub-fleet since it can fly long-distances with less passengers (than a B747), and it can sometimes substitute the A330-300 on thinner routes.

Quote:
Citing a need to respond to the growing competitive threat of low-cost airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines CEO Karl Garnadt revealed that the flag carrier is studying a “proof of concept” that would see it fly high-density, low-fare Airbus A330-200 service.

While Lufthansa still needs to put an investment case in front of its supervisory board, the carrier’s current thinking is to “start with seven aircraft”, all A330-200s, which would be leased, says Garnadt. “There is a lease market out there for that kind of aircraft and that would be available.”

If the new ‘Wings’ concept is approved by the board – a decision that is expected to be made by December – Lufthansa envisages launching service in November 2015. The aircraft would not be configured with all economy class seats. Rather, Lufthansa is eyeing an old-fashioned cradle-type seat for premium class, and a “wider seat pitch” section of economy class seats. However, the “majority” would be economy seats.
Source

Old November 22nd, 2014, 12:02 PM   #613
koresh

Likes (Received): 1365

Etihad Airways A340-600

Etihad Airways by http://www.youtube.com/user/Plane4u, on Flickr

Emirates A340-500

Emirates by http://www.youtube.com/user/Plane4u, on Flickr

Air Tahiti Nui Airbus A340-300

Air Tahiti Nui by http://www.youtube.com/user/Plane4u, on Flickr

Aerolíneas Argentinas A340-200

Aerolíneas Argentinas by http://www.youtube.com/user/Plane4u, on Flickr

Last edited by koresh; November 22nd, 2014 at 12:20 PM.
koresh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 07:28 AM   #614
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Iberia A340-600, revised livery (reg. EC-LEU)

dirdam liked this post
Old November 24th, 2014, 04:27 AM   #615
knrOctober
Since 2552

Likes (Received): 1083

THAI A340-600 (reg.HS-TNC)

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/pho...rbus-a340-600/

fieldsofdreams liked this post
knrOctober no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 04:34 AM   #616
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I know this may be reported weeks ago, but this is important... from Reuters:

Airbus to cut A330 production rate in 2015

While it may be a minor reduction in producing one of the most successful bi-engine, wide-bodied aircraft of all time, it is to be done in preparation for its successor, the A330NEO, due around the Holidays in 2017.
Quote:
Planemaker Airbus will cut production rates of its A330 plane to nine a month from 10 in the fourth quarter of 2015 as it switches to a revamped version of the jet, the A330neo.

Airbus launched the A330neo at Britain's Farnborough airshow in July and it is due to enter service in the fourth quarter of 2017.

Analysts had expected a production cut to six or eight a month for the traditional A330 over the next couple of years although Airbus has said it would seek to keep production levels fairly stable through the transition to the new version.
Read more here

Old November 26th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #617
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

I believe Delta ordered the A330-900neo for one reason: commonality with the A330-200/300 fleet the airline inherited from Northwest Airlines when Delta merged with Northwest. They will primarily be used to fly from DTW, JFK and ATL to various European destinations, all well with the A330-900neo's 6,200 nautical mile range.
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 07:22 PM   #618
Elavarasan prince

Likes (Received): 133

http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/fr...caf85.jpg.html
Elavarasan prince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 07:44 PM   #619
Elavarasan prince

Likes (Received): 133

[/URL]
Elavarasan prince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 09:37 AM   #620