daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 28th, 2014, 11:18 AM   #621
koresh

Likes (Received): 1365

Hainan Airlines Airbus 340-600

Hainan Airlines by http://www.youtube.com/user/Plane4u, on Flickr

Trip Video : HU 7206 SHA - PEK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOv3A1zvWDw

Flickr photos : hkore

patel2897 liked this post
koresh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2014, 04:13 PM   #622
Matze20111984

Likes (Received): 160

For the German government, Lufthansa converted one of their A340-300 aircrafts into an Ebola Rescue Aircraft.

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/DE/Au...sflugzeug.html

http://www.airliners.de/lufthansa-eb...egierung/34259

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Matze20111984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2014, 08:42 AM   #623
ZNaseer

Likes (Received): 351

Lufthansa A340-300 (D-AIGZ)
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 04:32 AM   #624
Ferahim

Likes (Received): 824

Azerbaijan Airlines 2 Airbus 340-542 and 1 Airbus 340 - 642

patel2897, firoz bharmal liked this post
Ferahim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 04:43 AM   #625
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11250

Question: has Azerbaijan Airlines considered using any of its A340s to London yet, if not to new destinations out of Baku?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 03:53 PM   #626
Ferahim

Likes (Received): 824

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Question: has Azerbaijan Airlines considered using any of its A340s to London yet, if not to new destinations out of Baku?
We do use A340s for london. London Heathrow Airport

patel2897 liked this post
Ferahim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:39 PM   #627
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahim View Post
We do use A340s for london. London Heathrow Airport

That's good. I thought it uses the B767 for that flight...

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:23 PM   #628
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62928

Maybe after they actually take delivery of their 1st 787, that should happen any day now.

Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 11:05 PM   #629
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Ah yes. And, if that happens, I wonder if the Dreamliner will also be used on its Baku-New York/JFK service (now using an A340-500)... i mean, with the delivery of the B787 to the airline, it has another long-haul aircraft to use for its long-haul services...

Old December 3rd, 2014, 01:28 PM   #630
koresh

Likes (Received): 1365

Qantas Airbus A330 pushback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50gilvsxFvY

koresh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 06:15 PM   #631
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

Another success for the A330neo.

Quote:
CIT firms up order for 15 A330neo and five A321ceo aircraft

Strong momentum growing for Airbus’ new A330neo Widebody

3 December 2014

CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT), a global leader in transportation finance has firmed up its order for 15 A330-900neo aircraft and five A321ceo aircraft. CIT became one of the launch customers of the A330neo after signing its initial agreement in July 2014, at the Farnborough International Airshow.

“Given our long-term leadership on the A330 program, we are proud to be one of the first customers to sign a purchase agreement for the all-new A330neo aircraft,” said Jeff Knittel, President of CIT Transportation & International Finance. “These agreements will enable us to provide fuel efficient solutions to our customers as CIT continues to be a leader in providing early access to the most sought after aircraft for our customers.”

“When a leading lessor, CIT, adds the A330neo to its already extensive Airbus widebody portfolio of A330ceo’s and A350-900s, we take that as clear confirmation of our widebody family strategy fully meeting the requirements and expectations of the market,” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers. “CIT’s repeat order for A321ceo’s, is further evidence of the continuing high value placed by the market on this largest member of our popular A320 Family, which offers the best seat-mile costs of any single-aisle aircraft and the lowest fuel burn, emissions and noise footprint in its class.”

[...]
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 01:57 PM   #632
ZNaseer

Malaysia Airlines A330-323 (9M-MTI)
Old December 15th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #633
nossiano

Likes (Received): 114

AirAsia X places firm order for 55 A330neo
Quote:
AirAsia X places firm order for 55 A330neo

Carrier to benefit from even lower operating costs for long haul services
15 DECEMBER 2014 PRESS RELEASE
AirAsia X, the long haul affiliate of Asia’s largest low cost airline, has placed a firm order with Airbus for 55 A330neo aircraft. This is the largest single order to date for the best-selling A330 Family and reaffirms AirAsia X’s position as the biggest A330 airline customer worldwide, having now ordered a total of 91 aircraft. The announcement covers the firming up of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for 50 A330neo signed during the Farnborough Air Show in July 2014, plus an additional five aircraft. Deliveries of the newly-ordered aircraft will begin in 2018.
“This latest deal with Airbus will enable AirAsia X to consolidate its growth rate in 2015-2017 before ramping up deliveries from 2018 onwards.” said Tan Sri Tony Fernandes, Co-Founder and Director of AirAsia X. “The A330 has proven itself to be exactly the right aircraft for our business model, combining low operating costs, long range flying capability and high levels of comfort. We are extremely excited about the even greater levels of efficiency that will come with the A330neo, which will play a key role in enabling AirAsia X to maintain its position as the long haul low cost leader.”
“This order from AirAsia X is a major endorsement of the A330neo as the most cost-efficient aircraft in its size category,” said John Leahy, Chief Operating Officer, Customers, Airbus. “With the A330neo in its fleet, AirAsia X will benefit from even lower operating costs as it expands it network and reach, enabling more people to fly further more often than ever before. We look forward to AirAsia X becoming one of the first operators of the latest version of the highly successful A330.”
Building on the proven economics, versatility and reliability of the A330ceo, the A330neo will incorporate latest generation Rolls-Royce Trent 7000 engines, aerodynamic enhancements and new cabin features. These advances will make the aircraft the most cost-efficient in its size category, with a reduction in fuel consumption of 14% per seat, an increase in non-stop flying range of up to 400 nautical miles and the lowest possible maintenance costs.

A330neohttp://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...or-55-a330neo/

Last edited by nossiano; December 16th, 2014 at 04:06 PM.
nossiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2014, 12:52 AM   #634
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

There are now 101 firm orders for the A330neo family.
And that´s only after five months since the program launch and one and a half year before the first flight.

Quote:
Hawaiian Airlines finalizes A330-800neo order

First U.S. airline to order new aircraft type

18 December 2014

Following a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed in July of this year, Hawaiian Airlines has finalized an order for six A330-800neo aircraft. The agreement adds yet another name to the growing list of launch customers for the new aircraft type. The new commitment replaces a previous order placed by Hawaiian for six A350-800s.

What Is Love?
Old December 19th, 2014, 06:04 AM   #635
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Swiss International Airlines A340-300X, old livery (reg. HB-JMF)

fliberato liked this post
Old December 21st, 2014, 05:59 PM   #636
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Another success for the A330 MRTT.
Three European NATO members wil buy four tankers and share them.

Quote:
European Partners Opt for Airbus Military Tanker
Airbus Beats Out Boeing for Contract to Modify Its A330 MRTTs as Refueling Jets

By Robert Wall
Dec. 19, 2014

Airbus Group NV beat out Boeing Co. to win a proposed deal supplying new airborne refueling jets for three European countries, marking a breakthrough in regional defense cooperation.

The European Defense Agency said the Netherlands, Norway and Poland plan to buy and share four modified Airbus A330 MRTT jets to fuel their military aircraft, with the first planes available in 2019.

The fierce rivalry between Airbus and Boeing in the commercial-jet sector has spilled into the military-tanker market, intensified by a long-running spat over supplying planes for the Pentagon that was eventually won by the U.S. aerospace giant.

Airbus leads Boeing in foreign orders for its tanker, having been selected by Australia, the U.K., United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, India and Qatar. Last month, it also won a 12-jet order from France.

Boeing is looking for export customers for the new tanker derived from its 767 jetliner that is due to be delivered to the U.S. Air Force from 2016, with South Korea and Japan viewed as potential buyers. The prototype of the KC-46 jet is due to make its first flight next weekend—six months behind schedule—and is also running over budget.

The jet-sharing deal won by Airbus is significant as European defense officials have identified a shortage of aerial refueling capacity. Western airstrikes against Libya in 2011 highlighted a shortfall in European airborne tanker planes needed to extend the range of shorter-range fighter jets. European militaries had to heavily rely on U.S. refueling planes.
What Is Love?

Last edited by Deadeye Reloaded; December 21st, 2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old December 21st, 2014, 08:59 PM   #637
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Iberia A340-600, revised livery (reg. EC-LEV)

Old December 23rd, 2014, 06:13 PM   #638
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Quote:
Avolon firms up order for 15 A330neo aircraft

Momentum continues to build for new Airbus Widebody aircraft

23 December 2014 Press Release

Avolon, the Dublin-based, global aircraft leasing firm, has firmed up its contract for 15 A330neo aircraft. Avolon became one of the launch customers of the A330neo after signing its initial commitment in July 2014 at the Farnborough International Airshow.

“The A330neo is a sound investment for lessors, who like Avolon are focused on offering their customers the most modern, economic and comfortable aircraft,” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers. “The A330neo with its highly competitive economics, in addition to the already flawless credentials of today’s A330, is going to be a real hit with operators around the world in the medium range segment.”

The A330-800neo and the A330-900neo are two new members of the Airbus Widebody Family launched in July 2014 with first deliveries scheduled to start in Q4 2017. The A330neo incorporates latest generation Rolls-Royce Trent 7000 engines, aerodynamic enhancements and new cabin features. Benefitting from the excellent economics, versatility and high reliability of the A330, the A330neo reduces fuel consumption by 14% per seat, making it the most cost efficient, medium range Widebody aircraft on the market. In addition to greater fuel savings, A330neo operators will also benefit from a range increase of up to 400 nautical miles and all the operational commonality advantages of the Airbus Family.
What Is Love?
Old December 24th, 2014, 11:44 AM   #639
stephendavion

Likes (Received): 172

Hawaiian Airlines has finalised a $1.5bn firm order for six Airbus A330-800neo airliners, replacing its previous order for six A350-800s. The latest move comes after the carrier signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in July this year.

stephendavion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2015, 04:36 PM   #640
ZNaseer

Singapore Airlines A330-343 (9V-STZ)

Tags
airbus