daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > London Metro Area

London Metro Area London Calling...

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #1
alessandro.z

Likes (Received): 0

Italian Qualified Architect, an advice please!

Hello everyone, I am a young Italian Architect, I am from Venice.
Excuse me if I write in this section, but I need a key opinion to define my professional profile according to the standard RIBA.

I am 25 years old, graduated in Architecture (Bachelor + Master of Architecture) in Italy, I worked in my family's design company for two years at the same time of the Master of Architecture (work was however not always continuous and constant because of the commitment the University).

I passed the State Qualifying Examination of Architect (Licence to practice I think is the English word) and I am registered at the Order of the Architects of Venice.

I want to look for work in England, possibly in London, I might say, since you are the most professional if you think my profile corresponds to a Part II or Part III?

I read many forums about but I ask you kindly to an opinion, because of my inexperience in this area and because of the diversity of the answers read.

I thank you and I apologize if I write in this section but it seemed the most suitable

best regards
alessandro
alessandro.z no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 31st, 2012, 05:04 AM   #2
LDN_EUROPE
UK (Eng/Sco/Wal/N.I.) UK

Likes (Received): 70

Have you tried asking the RIBA? I am sure that they would be happy to help you.
Old December 31st, 2012, 01:24 PM   #3
alessandro.z

Hello and thank you for the answer! I wrote an email to the Riba about a month ago but at the moment I have not received a response. However, I just need to know a definition equivalent (not being registered at the RIBA and ARB), to be able to propose myself to the various practices. From the information I have found on the web I think this is a Part II, but I'm not sure.
thank you anyway, I'll try to call the Riba!
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:46 PM   #4
cnapan

Likes (Received): 124

You could just go and visit them in Portland Place. I'm sure someone will help you and even give you the information...

There's even a nice cafe there, and it's a great building, so well worth the trip!
cnapan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:49 PM   #5
Gherkin
actual gherkin

Likes (Received): 382

You sound like a Part III, but RIBA are fussy when accepting architect qualifications from abroad, so it's worth speaking to them directly.
Gherkin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:55 PM   #6
Loathing
BANNED

Likes (Received): 369

I would guess Part II, personally.
Loathing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM   #7
nukey
Somnium Quinti

Likes (Received): 4

you'll be able to register with the ARB if you have hardcopies of your graduation diplomas, and professional registration documents from Italy. Unfortunately Europeans with less experience than that which would be required for a UK part 2 to achieve the title of architect can register here and call themselves Architects. Total mess.
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:05 PM   #8
alessandro.z

Thank you all for the answers, a further site I understand that to become Part III must take an exam at the RIBA, only after completing 24 months of studio work (including 12 months in the UK).

Now, since I just want to indicate an equivalence with profiles RIBA to propose in professional studies I guess I'll have to compare myself to a Part II, even though I have done my 24 months of work experience in Italy.

Tomorrow I will write all'RIBA, thanks for the advice for the moment!
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #9
jpw456

If you are registered as an Architect in Italy, the both the RIBA and the ARB have to recognise you as an Architect in the UK, in compliance with EU professional services legislation. If you telephone them them they should be able to confirm this; i.e. you would be a Part 3 Architect in terms of jobs to apply for. It would be illegal for you to describe yourself as such until you register with the ARB however. I don't agree with it, as outlined above... but there you go.
jpw456 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: