daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 13th, 2013, 02:11 AM   #561
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11248

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarhusforever View Post
Hi FOD, my Ssc friend

I absolutely love all your photos, but I am hopelessly in love with the charming Market Street Streetcars

Thank you for sharing...please never stop
Oh yes... those Market Street streetcars look pretty amazing, especially for a really diverse and cosmopolitan city like San Francisco. I am very pleased you like those, and it's been quite a while for me to post such images (along with my other flagship threads on Urban Showcase) on a regular basis. But, starting next week, I will do my best to resume posting so many new photos to all those threads I have here.

For today, it's interesting that despite the initial hits and misses I've had, I've finally gotten to see another brand new bus running Bay Area streets... this time, from SamTrans in San Mateo County, it's the brand new Gillig BRT 40-foot low floor hybrid electric bus. Yes, it's unique to this agency, and 25 of them are now operational around the county. I found one of them at Colma BART Station, and as my bus left the station, I saw at least three more coming in. I will post more when I get a chance, but here's a preview, along with other SamTrans buses at Colma BART:

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

aarhusforever, mb92, L.A.F.2. liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #562
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 2: San Francisco Muni buses around South of Market and Market Street.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

mb92, L.A.F.2. liked this post
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #563
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 3: Golden Gate Transit and Marin Transit vehicles from San Rafael and San Francisco.

Benonie, mb92, L.A.F.2., PRIMEVAL liked this post
Old December 15th, 2013, 02:30 AM   #564
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

For today, even more transit images... from my Flickr collection.

Part 1: BART trains and stations.

L.A.F.2., mb92 liked this post
Old December 15th, 2013, 03:10 AM   #565
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 2: San Francisco Muni buses along Market Street.

Old December 15th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #566
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 3: various shuttle vans and buses at Market & 5th/Cyril Magnin Streets in San Francisco.

Old December 15th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #567
robertee

Likes (Received): 1108

Nice pics FOD.
robertee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #568
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5311

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Part 2: San Francisco Muni buses along Market Street.

This pic:
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2013, 04:25 AM   #569
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertee View Post
Nice pics FOD.
Thanks, Robert! I've been to San Jose and Santa Clara County quite a few times too that I've shared quite a lot of images from there. If you'd like to see more pics from Santa Clara County, just let me know so that I can post them. Alternatively, search "Santa Clara VTA" on this thread so that you can see those hybrid buses and light rail images I've taken over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
This pic:
Hehehe that is the latest bus acquired by San Francisco Muni, the New Flyer Xcelsior XDE40. It is a low-floor, hybrid bus (operated by diesel and electric power) that can run as fast as around 50 mph, but with city streets and traffic, the speed will be much lower. Around fifty of those buses now operate in the City, replacing the older Neoplan AN440 buses (perhaps it could also replace the older NABI 416 high floor buses from the Kirkland Division), and those are based out of the Woods Division near the Mission District.

Old December 17th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #570
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

For today, since I'm off from school, I'll be presenting so much more new transit images... from my Flickr and Photobucket collections.

Part 1: more SamTrans buses at Colma BART Station.

mb92 liked this post
Old December 27th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #571
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Happy Holidays! Well, I will be reviving this thread with more frequent updates to keep you engaged with what's going on with transit in the region. From my Flickr collection.

Part 1: various buses at El Cerrito del Norte BART Station.

mb92 liked this post
Old December 27th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #572
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 2: AC Transit buses at Hayward BART.

mb92 liked this post
Old December 27th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #573
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 3: various transit vehicles at Union City BART.

mb92 liked this post
Old December 28th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #574
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Let me continue with more transit pics from around the region... from my Flickr collection.

Part 1: AC Transit buses around UC Berkeley.

mb92 liked this post
Old December 28th, 2013, 06:31 AM   #575
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 2: various transit vehicles around UC Berkeley, along with AC Transit.

mb92 liked this post
Old December 28th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #576
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 3: trains and buses at Richmond Amtrak & BART Station.

mb92 liked this post
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:43 AM   #577
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Before I close out the year, I'll be doing a special presentation of some mass transit images away from the Bay Area: in the summer, I went to Davis (close to Sacramento) along with my classmates from the Transportation Planning class at UC Berkeley to check out the city's bicycle culture... it turns out that through decades of lobbying city officials and prodding from businesses, Davis has earned the highest possible rating (Platinum) among American cities in terms of accessibility through bicycles. And it doesn't only cover the city proper; it also extends to the University of California, Davis, where most of its paved pathways are accessible to cyclists as well. From my Flickr collection.

Part 1:

mb92 liked this post
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:54 AM   #578
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 2:

mb92, PRIMEVAL liked this post
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:58 AM   #579
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 3:

mb92 liked this post
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:24 AM   #580
natansalda
Natalja

Likes (Received): 320

I loooove the bikes part
natansalda no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
public transit, san francisco bay area, transportation