daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 24th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #41
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62955

The 1st firm order for the E-Jet of the year, 47 E175s for Republic Airlines in the USA that is one of the regional partners of American Airlines. This order increased the backlog of the E-Jets with almost 50%, it's a huge and much needed order for Embraer. Republic already operates 75 E-jets, with this new order they will by far become the biggest operator.

Quote:
​Embraer and Republic Airways Sign USD 4 billion Contract for up to 94 E175 Jets

Sγo Josι dos Campos, Brazil, January 24, 2013 – Embraer and Republic Airways Holdings Inc., operator of the largest E-Jets fleet in the world, announced today a contract for the sale of 47 EMBRAER 175 jets. The agreement also includes options for an additional 47 aircraft, providing a potential for 94 E175s, which could reach a total value of approximately USD 4 billion, in 2013 economic conditions, at list price.

The new aircraft will be operated by Republic Airlines, a Republic subsidiary, under American Eagle brand in the American Airlines’ regional network. The deal is subject to court approval which is expected to occur in the first quarter of 2013. The E175 will be featured in a dual-class layout, seating up to 76 passengers and the first delivery is scheduled for mid-2013.

“It is significant that our long-time, valued customer Republic Airways – a true innovator in the regional transport business – is the first customer for the enhanced E175,” said Paulo Cesar Silva, President & CEO, Embraer Commercial Aviation. “It’s a perfect example of how our investments in product development make our customers more competitive in their markets. The E175 is the most comfortable, technologically advanced and efficient aircraft in its class and it represents the best value for airlines because it also delivers the lowest total operating cost.”

As the leader in the 70 to 120-seat jet segment, Embraer continues to invest in the E-Jets family, which is flown by some 60 airlines from 40 countries. The Company has begun implementing a series of enhancements to the current generation of E-Jets, including new wingtips, systems optimization and aerodynamic refinements that will lower fuel burn by up to 5%. Republic will be the first customer to receive E175 aircraft with these enhancements. Longer maintenance intervals and component improvements will increase aircraft productivity and lower maintenance costs.

“We are thrilled that American has selected Republic and the Embraer E175 to expand their network with large regional jets,” said Bryan Bedford, Republic Chairman, President and CEO. “The Embraer E175 is an outstanding aircraft and the interior design American has selected will provide a world-class, seamless product for their customers flying on Republic.”

“This is a significant milestone in our company’s history,” said Chuck Schubert, American’s Vice President – Network Planning. “Establishing a large regional jet fleet has long been part of our business plan and this agreement is another example of how we are executing on that plan in a way that benefits our business and our customers. We will offer more flights at the right intervals throughout the day in key markets while providing more opportunities for customers to travel in the First Class cabin to key business markets.”

More than 150 E175s are currently in service with 12 carriers. Because the E175 has no over wing exits that can restrict seat placement, operators have more flexibility in configuring the aircraft cabin. The E175's 2,000 nm (3,706 km) range, short field performance and superior hot and high capability make the airplane ideal for the North American network.

Republic Airways was the first US carrier to fly Embraer E-Jets. It acquired E170s in 2004 and still operates those aircraft today on behalf of United Express. With this new order, the Republic Airways E-Jet fleet will be comprised of 72 E170s and 107 E175s for a total of 179 E-Jets (226 if all options are exercised). Republic Airways is also a long-time customer of the ERJ 145 regional jet family with 70 flying on contracts with several US regional carriers.

Embraer press release:
http://www.embraer.com/en-US/Imprens...atos-E175.aspx

It was also announced that they added a firm order for 20 E-jets that was placed in December.
Quote:
​Embraer Signs a USD 1.5 Billion Contract with Aldus Aviation for up to 35 E-Jets

Sγo Josι dos Campos – Brazil, 17 January, 2013 – Embraer has signed a contract with Aldus Aviation Limited, the Irish lessor, for the sale of 20 E-Jets, five EMBRAER 175 and 15 EMBRAER 190. The contract also includes 15 purchase rights for any E-Jet family model. The deal can reach a total of USD 1.56 billion, in 2012 economics conditions. The firm orders are already included in Embraer’s 2012 fourth quarter backlog, where it was listed as “undisclosed” customer.

Aldus Aviation Limited is an Irish based international leasing company focused on the ownership and leasing of Embraer's E-Jet (70-120 seat) family of aircraft.

full press release:
http://www.embraer.com/en-US/Imprens...-35-EJets.aspx

Highcliff liked this post
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #42
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

Embraer's 2nd gen plane looks a lot more like B737 or Airbus 320
krnboy1009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #43
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11251

So I took a picture of an Embraer E190 with Air Canada early one morning at San Francisco International Airport as the day was about to start... On New Year's Eve.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #44
julesstoop

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
I sometimes mistake that for an A319, but the E190 looks much cleaner and better. It doesn't look bulky, but it can carry quite a lot of passengers. Plus its smaller engines relative to the A318 and A319 makes it a more environmentally-friendly choice for many airlines.
Why do you think smaller engines are more environmentally friendly? I've always understood that high by-pass engines (which in general have a larger diameter) are more fuel efficient. Or is the E-190 simply a lot lighter - so it simply doesn't need larger engines - than other aircraft with a similar capacity?
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #45
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesstoop View Post
Why do you think smaller engines are more environmentally friendly? I've always understood that high by-pass engines (which in general have a larger diameter) are more fuel efficient. Or is the E-190 simply a lot lighter - so it simply doesn't need larger engines - than other aircraft with a similar capacity?
I suspect that the E190 is lighter than the A319 or A320... But I'd be better off reading the specs myself to verify it since it may look a bit similar to the A319, but its overall design gives me an impression that it looks lighter, if not similar, to the A319 or A320.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

Old January 27th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #46
pobre diablo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 316

del

Last edited by pobre diablo; February 7th, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
pobre diablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #47
Сталин
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
The 1st firm order for the E-Jet of the year, 47 E175s for Republic Airlines in the USA that is one of the regional partners of American Airlines. This order increased the backlog of the E-Jets with almost 50%, it's a huge and much needed order for Embraer. Republic already operates 75 E-jets, with this new order they will by far become the biggest operator.

It was also announced that they added a firm order for 20 E-jets that was placed in December.
Livery looks terrible.

Сталин no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #48
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I think so too... Similar to AA on a B737-800 on a different thread.

Question: which airlines that currently do not operate the E-Jet family do you think will benefit from operating them in the long-term?

Old January 28th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #49
sidney_jec
Complex Equation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Сталин View Post
Livery looks terrible.
I like it

PS: Lord Murugan never deleted signatures. Never
sidney_jec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #50
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I have a question about the Embraer E-Jets: I've seen the following suffixes with the E190-100:

• SR (short range)
• LR (long range)
• IGW (I don't know the definition)
• STD (I don't know the definition)

What makes one type different from the others, aside from range covered? Like, I suspect that the LR can fly the longest possible among the four variants, but help me out understand the differences between the four.

Old February 7th, 2013, 07:26 AM   #51
pobre diablo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 316

pobre diablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #52
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Reviving this thread, I'm exploring to post a pic or two a day of the many Embraer aircraft, especially those with interesting liveries. Here are some I've seen so far:

E170-100LR, EgyptAir Express (Source)

E170-100SE, United Express (dba Shuttle America) (Source)

E170-100STD, People's Viennaline (Source)

E170-100SU, Delta Connection (Source)

E170-200LR, Oman Air (Source)

Old March 21st, 2013, 03:42 AM   #53
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Reviving this thread, Azul Lineas Aereas Brasilerias (Azul Brazilian Airlines) simply has its Embraer E190s decked out in various liveries, and I find them wonderful! Here's what I mean:

Brazilian flag (reg. PR-AYV):

Source

Sky blue livery (reg. PR-AYY):

Source

Coca Cola sponsorship (reg. PR-AXB):

Source

Sky (satellite provider) sponsorship (reg. PR-AYL):

Source

Nestle Chocolate sponsorship (reg. PR-AYH):

Source

Celebrating 20,000,000 passengers served (reg. PR-AYQ):

Source

Verao Azul (Summer with Azul) (reg. PR-AXH):

Left side: Source

Right side: Source

Breast Cancer Awareness (reg. PR-AYO):

Source

TudoAzul (the Frequent Flyer Club of Azul) (reg. PR-AZL):

Source

809anthony, Highcliff, Isaaac liked this post
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:47 AM   #54
Mr.Falcon
Bonito Esteticamente

Likes (Received): 4362

Here some pictures from Embraer Headquarters in Sγo Josι dos Campos:

One of the most importants providers is General Eletric - Celma, in my hometown Petrσpolis

The Repair Technology Center of Excellence
Celma’s Repair Technology Center of Excellence (RTCOE) was the first of its kind outside the U.S. Launched in 1999, it now has 21 repair engineers writing repair procedures for equipment like engine parts – and these documents are later used in engine manuals used around the world. But true innovation comes in the handling of technical questions: Customers can visit GE’s customer website to submit their queries, which are directed straight to the repair engineers best prepared to answer them. The queries go through the RTCOE in Cincinnati, which directs them to experts at Celma. The process means that customer needs are met faster and in the greatest detail, with little cost to both sides. It’s the ultimate win-win.
http://www.gereports.com/3-ways-ges-...an-innovation/

Equario liked this post
Mr.Falcon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:52 AM   #55
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 872

i love embraer airplanes .. great!

Airports visited:
SAP - TGU - RTB - LCE - SAL - SJO - MIA - IAH - MFE - ATL - EWR - ALC - MAD - BCN - SVQ - FCO - BVA - VLC - BRQ - BTS - DOH - DXB - MXP - JFK - MEX - LHR - IAD - GUA - GDL - TPA - MCI - IND - DFW - GJT - DEN - FLL

My 10 top planes:
A340-600 / B777-300 / A330-300 / B787 / B747 / A350 / A380 / B727 / B737 / EMB190
Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #56
queclasetipo123

Likes (Received): 1470

Embraer E190 Conviasa (Venezuelan Airlines)

fieldsofdreams, timo9, nelkson, Highcliff liked this post
queclasetipo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #57
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Lovely! By the way, how many orders did Conviasa have for the aircraft? And I suspect that it is an E190, to be used for domestic and short-haul international flights...

Old March 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #58
timo9
11 YEARS HERE!

Likes (Received): 2078

timo9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #59
queclasetipo123

Likes (Received): 1470

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Lovely! By the way, how many orders did Conviasa have for the aircraft? And I suspect that it is an E190, to be used for domestic and short-haul international flights...
Hi, Conviasa ordered the purchase of 6 aircraft, with the option to purchase an additional 14 aircraft.

To be used for domestic flights and short haul international flights.

Currently only three of the six aircraft are flying.
queclasetipo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #60
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Some Embraer E170s I've seen of late:

Air France (Rιgional Compagnie Aerienne) E170-100STD, "500th E-Jet" (reg. F-HBXC)

Source

Air France (Rιgional Compagnie Aerienne) E170-100LR, golden livery (reg. F-HBXP)

Source

Alitalia Express E170-100LR, old livery (reg. EI-DFL)

Source

Alitalia Cityliner E170-200STD, new livery (reg. EI-RDM)

Source

J-Air E170-100STD, old livery (reg. JA220J)

Source

J-Air E170-100STD, new livery (reg. JA221J)

Source

LOT Polish Airlines E170-200SD, old livery (reg. SP-LIE)

Source

LOT Polish Airlines E170-100STD, new livery (reg. SP-LDD)

Source

LOT Polish Airlines E170-100STD, Star Alliance livery (reg. SP-LDC)

Source

Polish Government (LOT Polish Airlines) E170-200LR (reg. SP-LIH)

Source

Highcliff, felipeskyscraper2, Isaaac liked this post

Tags
embraer