daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers > Skyscraper Living

Skyscraper Living For all skydwellers, metropolitans and urbanites with a happy view!

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 20th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #21
Xtartrex
Your nemesis

All sorts, except older people, too afraid of heights I guess, 40 % are in their 40-50's, whole families, babies and pets included, mostly hard working people, goverment officials, I'm the only foreigner, some hotties, business people, students, grumpy people, nice and extremely nice people, cheap people, some professionals, university teachers, engineers, even a pilot but rarely stays more than a few days at a time, one crazy lady that loves watering her plants at 12:00 pm exactly, walk her dog at 3:00 pm, honk at 5:00 pm every single day, she won't share the elevator, slams the door in her way in/out(I can hear it 3 floors up) no wonder she's alone, above me lives a family with a little girl who plays some Chinese instrument, next door a really hot girl with no boyfriend(she's too hot for many around here), 3 teen girls whose father owns a factory in town, some guy who loves asking questions at every opportunity, a couple with a very cute baby, and many more...

Last edited by Xtartrex; March 23rd, 2013 at 06:16 PM.
Xtartrex no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #22
Nikonov_Ivan

Likes (Received): 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtartrex View Post
All sorts, except older people, too afraid of heights I guess, 40 % are in their 40-50's, whole families, babies and pets included, mostly hard working people, goverment officials, I'm the only foreigner, some hotties, business people, students, grumpy people, nice and extremely nice people, cheap people, some professionals, university teachers, engineers, even a pilot but rarely stays more than a few days at a time, one crazy lady that loves watering her plants at 12:00 pm exactly, walk her dog at 3:00 pm, honk at 5:00 pm every single day, she won't share the elevator, slams the door in her way in/out(I can hear it 3 floors up) no wonder she's alone, above me lives a family with a little girl that plays some Chinese instrument, next door a really hot girl with no boyfriend(she's too hot for many around here), 3 teen girls whose father owns a factory in town, some guy that loves asking questions at every opportunity, a couple with a very cute baby, and many more...
Such great neighbors you have You house is really big I guess? It is also interesting to live in one place with so many interesting people
Nikonov_Ivan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:04 AM   #23
Xtartrex
Your nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonov_Ivan View Post
Such great neighbors you have You house is really big I guess? It is also interesting to live in one place with so many interesting people
Most of them are nice and friendly, my condo is average but enough for my two little ones and us, and yes it is very interesting living among interesting people, it makes my life pleasant at some degree .
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:08 AM   #24
Nikonov_Ivan

You are lucky man Where actually do you live? In the USA? Britain?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:00 AM   #25
Xtartrex
Your nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonov_Ivan View Post
You are lucky man Where actually do you live? In the USA? Britain?
Currently in China.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:28 AM   #26
Nikonov_Ivan

You speak English very well, I thought that you are British
Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:16 AM   #27
timo9
11 YEARS HERE!

Likes (Received): 2056

timo9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #28
kaanguler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

While the above our neighbor, a carpet in the morning, while listening to the radio while Scheepers is warning us that singing. Every morning you wake up, like the Board of it
kaanguler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #29
fbeavis

Likes (Received): 258

A cornerstone near the front entrance indicates that the building I live in was erected in 1968. It's 11 stories high and would have been surrounded by farmer's fields in 1968. It's mostly older couples (55+), middle-aged singles, and a few families with young children. There are few adolescents or twenty-somethings here.
fbeavis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #30
VITORIA MAN
on skycrapercity

Likes (Received): 14390

inmigrants

Last edited by VITORIA MAN; September 19th, 2013 at 10:29 AM.
VITORIA MAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #31
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1149

Back home, I used to live with my family in a typical 2 floors big house.

But now since I moved to Japan, I was forced to rent a super tiny apartmant located in the seventh floor. I'm the only gaijin (foreigner) in the building. Well, it might sound weird but, most of the dwellers are kind of scared of me. Well yeah, Japanese people can't get well with westerners. They even avoid taking the elevator with me. Most of the dwellers are a mix of old retired people and working class.

The only good thing about my apartmant is that I have one hell of view over Osaka Business Park and kyobashi area.
Old September 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #32
Jan
High there, what's up!

Likes (Received): 15805

I remember feeling like a mirage when I was in Tokyo, as if I wasn't there. My theory is that the city is so crowded and private living space so small that effectively ignoring everyone around you is just a way to create something of a personal space.
Jan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #33
HKG

Likes (Received): 3499

Scottish!
HKG no está en línea   Reply With Quote