daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #301
guy4versa
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: AlorStar
Posts: 2,956
Likes (Received): 717

when we discuss about a good building or bad building...we talk from fact,how it was built,the technology,the landscape,the architecture ect..not about how we feeling when we stand beside it!..because people will have different opinion ,different feel and different interest..is that make you clear..full-stop

for me,what make esb overrated is the way you praise it,the way you want people to agree with you, the way you say "we" while it just only your feeling,posting a large photo, forwarding again and again,degrading other skyscraper.it is too much
guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #302
guy4versa
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: AlorStar
Posts: 2,956
Likes (Received): 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead262 View Post
^Well then no building is overated
building can be overrated when insane people posting annoying large image to waste bandwidth..
guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #303
archilover
Registered User
 
archilover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: kuala lumpur
Posts: 7,189
Likes (Received): 3177

wow,what a nice picture of ESB!(i mean the proportion of the images,the colour and the lighting,not the building itself)it was just amazing on the time when it was build..not now..(no offences,my personal opinion).BK are far superior
archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #304
deadhead262
Registered User
 
deadhead262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape town
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa View Post
feeling,posting a large photo, forwarding again and again,degrading other skyscraper.it is too much
I did not post those photos...
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #305
deadhead262
Registered User
 
deadhead262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape town
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa View Post
when we discuss about a good building or bad building...we talk from fact,how it was built,the technology,the landscape,the architecture ect..not about how we feeling when we stand beside it!..because people will have different opinion ,different feel and different interest..is that make you clear..full-stop

for me,what make esb overrated is the way you praise it,the way you want people to agree with you, the way you say "we" while it just only your feeling,posting a large photo, forwarding again and again,degrading other skyscraper.it is too much
No, that's absolute f*cking bullshit! I am not into building because of their technology, I enjoy how they look and thats where the ESB beats the new buildings.

I dont care if people agree with me, but you are just being petty in criticizing it. Technology this, technology that...who the hell cares? Is little wayne better than Louis Armstrong simply because he is newer?

The fact that its the most famous building in the world means you're in the minority, and just shows my point. People love it. I don't give a crap if a building can do a full 360 degree turn if it doesn't look good.

Again, are the pyramids also overrated?

Your way of judging is as much opinion as mine.
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #306
deadhead262
Registered User
 
deadhead262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape town
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by archilover View Post
wow,what a nice picture of ESB!(i mean the proportion of the images,the colour and the lighting,not the building itself)it was just amazing on the time when it was build..not now..(no offences,my personal opinion).BK are far superior
The petronas were never amazing and the BK is just big, not a work of art like the Art deco buildings.
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #307
Azrain98
catlover
 
Azrain98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Precinct 5,Putrajaya Idol: Do Kyung Soo [EXO]
Posts: 2,244
Likes (Received): 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead262 View Post
The petronas were never amazing and the BK is just big, not a work of art like the Art deco buildings.
you actually what ha? you always said PTT and BK overrated and don't you know ESB x100 more overrated. AMAZING? what about ESB? does ESB sooooo amazing?
Azrain98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #308
guy4versa
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: AlorStar
Posts: 2,956
Likes (Received): 717

how old are you?
guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #309
guy4versa
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: AlorStar
Posts: 2,956
Likes (Received): 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead262 View Post

The fact that its the most famous building in the world means you're in the minority, and just shows my point. People love it.
who are you? god? how you know esb is the famous building in the world?such an arrogant statement..
__________________

Azrain98, archilover liked this post
guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #310
deadhead262
Registered User
 
deadhead262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape town
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa View Post
who are you? god? how you know esb is the famous building in the world?such an arrogant statement..
Should I rephrase that, skyscraper. What else is more famous? Please tell me. I have lived in 3 continents and the ESB is the only building each and every person knows. Its shown on hollywood movies so everyone knows what it looks like.
How is it arrogant? I am not even American.
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #311
deadhead262
Registered User
 
deadhead262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape town
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrain98 View Post
you actually what ha? you always said PTT and BK overrated and don't you know ESB x100 more overrated. AMAZING? what about ESB? does ESB sooooo amazing?
Wow! Great English! I cant even understand what you're saying.
Alos what makes the Petronas so amazing??????? Yep, nothing except some lighting.
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #312
guy4versa
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: AlorStar
Posts: 2,956
Likes (Received): 717

Quote:
I have lived in 3 continents and the ESB is the only building each and every person knows.
How is it arrogant?
wow...seem like u did a large scale survey, you know how each and every person opinion in all 3 continent you lived..what a big lies, and big head and arrogant.
__________________

Azrain98, archilover liked this post
guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #313
Azrain98
catlover
 
Azrain98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Precinct 5,Putrajaya Idol: Do Kyung Soo [EXO]
Posts: 2,244
Likes (Received): 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead262 View Post
Wow! Great English! I cant even understand what you're saying.
Alos what makes the Petronas so amazing??????? Yep, nothing except some lighting.
oh sorry I don't care about my grammar.
what Petronas so amazing? try ask your neighbours.
except some lighting ? forgive me PTT have so much interesting history and art decor than ESB okay
Azrain98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #314
guy4versa
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: AlorStar
Posts: 2,956
Likes (Received): 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead262 View Post
Alos what makes the Petronas so amazing??????? Yep, nothing except some lighting.
as developing country,we try to show the world, what kind of people live there,its represent 3major ethic...which is

malay(muslim)



chinese



indian



can you told me any skyscraper which symbolize, and implement a traditional architecture in modern looking structure,mixed culture but look so blend in just one tower( i mean two)..as a gateway and welcoming people from all around the world..


*oh yeah..i forgot ESB was inspired from pencil
guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #315
deadhead262
Registered User
 
deadhead262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape town
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrain98 View Post
forgive me PTT have so much interesting history and art decor than ESB okay
Lol, what!? PTT are not even Art deco and it DOES NOT have a more interesting history. Are you joking!?
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #316
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,495

What constitutes an 'interesting history'? Ryugyong Hotel has an interesting history but everyone else still hates it.


You all say fame is the reason ESB is not overrated.

But that's exactly my foint for it being overrated... ESB used to be the only skyscraper I knew about for some time (besides WTC which was always my favourite) but I never really cared for it. I just knew it existed.


I'm not that big a fan of Petronas, but I dislike comments that say stuff like 'only lighting is the reason people like it' because it's really not true. If you really want to get into arguments like that, people can easily say "ESB is just three boxes with a cylinder and a needle on top and some concrete cladding."

See how loaded phrases affect descriptions?
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #317
Frozt
Architect aspirant
 
Frozt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dubai & London
Posts: 211
Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead262 View Post
The petronas were never amazing and the BK is just big, not a work of art like the Art deco buildings.
The BK has got an incredible design based on islamic culture. You can't say the art deco buildings are better than the modern builds. There are ugly art-deco and modern buildings. Personally I think the PTT and the BK have got better design than the ESB, but i like the chrysler. I think the ESB is too simple building for being that overrated. The ESB is good because is big...
__________________
Looking from the future
Frozt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #318
deadhead262
Registered User
 
deadhead262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape town
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
The BK has got an incredible design based on islamic culture. You can't say the art deco buildings are better than the modern builds. There are ugly art-deco and modern buildings. Personally I think the PTT and the BK have got better design than the ESB, but i like the chrysler. I think the ESB is too simple building for being that overrated. The ESB is good because is big...
Fair enough, we have differing opinions. I agree the chrysler is much better, but I also dont think people can say the ESB is cr*p and outdated.
I think on average the Art-deco buildings are better looking imo. The Burj khalifa is a marvel of engineering while the PTT are great fusions of different cultures. However in my book both lie below the ESB.
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #319
wino
Registered User
 
wino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,551
Likes (Received): 1238

The design and beauty of Chrysler building never gets old IMO.
I could say that for ESB as well..

I wasn't a fan of WTC though..
__________________
The last thing I wanna do in my list is to hurt you.. but it is still on the list.
wino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #320
guy4versa
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: AlorStar
Posts: 2,956
Likes (Received): 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by wino View Post
The design and beauty of Chrysler building never gets old IMO.
I could say that for ESB as well..
.
well said..never gets old,and never get better then some new skyscraper

Last edited by guy4versa; March 28th, 2013 at 07:06 PM.
guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu