daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > City Talk

City Talk Local talk, activities, websites, etc...

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #81
mulattokid
BLAND

Likes (Received): 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter26 View Post
May I ask your age? Do you think it's always been the same? Do you understand that "multiculturalism" has changed London quite a lot since, say, 1970, even if there were quite a few immigrants even then (but not close to today's level).

I'd like to propose that Britain has lost SOMETHING, things, culture, or whaver, that cannot really be measured in any meaningful or scientific way, since "multiculturalism" shot off as much as it has the last 30 to 40 years. Me in Oslo is starting to notice that we are losing certain "unspoken" features of our culture, with the increasing immigration and globalization. These are "unspoken features" of our culture that I'd suggest are of incredible value, but the value of it is really impossible to set properly, as it's so intangible and hard to define/explain.

And further, I'd like to propose that the possibility is present that this happened in London and large parts of the UK possibly even before you were born - you started losing "undefinable and unspoken" features of your own culture. You might not have the age to realize and see this.
I agree Mr Brevik However, I suspect that in...say, 400 years time? There wont be anything recognisable of the Norway you know or any other such location in the world. It will all be one big homogeneous mass of people. All mixed together, but without the concerns and worries we have now. "Some more than others"

it is inevitable. How does that make you feel?

Is it pure coincidence that a mans ******* resembles a brain - requisite with both hemispheres, and its truncated spinal cord - always in search of sensation?
(Mark Joseph 2008)
mulattokid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 30th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #82
dexter26
BANNED

Likes (Received): 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Why are you stridently arguing against something nobody's said?
Heh, I merely answered your cheap retort, I'm not "stridently arguing." I mentioned something and you replied with a blow below the belt, so I'd argue that it is YOU who are "stridently arguing..."
dexter26 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #83
spindrift

Likes (Received): 315

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...d-wales-census

It's pretty cool to zoom in on London and see the shades become denser. It's not a curse that there are many different types of plants, trees or people.
spindrift no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #84
dexter26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulattokid View Post
It makes me feel like doing all I can so that the best values and opinions prevail, and to weaken and eventually extinguish all the bad, poor and worthless values and opinions.

The best values and opinions are European western values and opinions. A lot of values and opinions from the third and muslim world are among the bad, poor and worthless ones.

Sorry for stating the TRUTH like it is, I just don't believe in political correctness, which to me is the same as lying.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #85
mulattokid
BLAND

Quote:
Lol, funny.

You just don't get it. Mixed couples and mixed race kids are not better than non-mixed, and if anyone says so, they're the complete opposite of Nazis and extreme racists, but JUST AS BAD. This is my opinion and yes I'm sticking to it.
Your standard of English is clearly not good enough to have this discussion! Or! you have been so offended by the fact the human race IS going to mix whether you like it or not. I suspect the latter. You have clearly stated you do not want this by arguing we should do our best to avoid mixing.

I have made no claim, nor would I , that being mixed race is in any way better than anyone else but you missed that through your rage about the mixing of races you find so offensive. As I say, it is inevitable. Fact!

We have a saying in this country "softly softly catchy monkey. You have been nabbed. And, should you choose to reply? what am I? A filthy what?

Is it pure coincidence that a mans ******* resembles a brain - requisite with both hemispheres, and its truncated spinal cord - always in search of sensation?
(Mark Joseph 2008)
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #86
jdjones
Citizen Not Subject

Likes (Received): 1461

mulattokid liked this post
jdjones no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #87
mulattokid
BLAND

Quote:
It makes me feel like doing all I can so that the best values and opinions prevail, and to weaken and eventually extinguish all the bad, poor and worthless values and opinions.

The best values and opinions are European western values and opinions. A lot of values and opinions from the third and muslim world are among the bad, poor and worthless ones.

Sorry for stating the TRUTH like it is, I just don't believe in political correctness, which to me is the same as lying.
Softly softly catchy monkey

How hilarious.
I have been arguing how I value European values and protecting those values by limiting immigration in this thread. However, you didnt see my argument. You couldn't see that argument from me could you. You couldn't see my white British half. You can only see foreign blackness in me despite what I say. All your views are distorted by that and you make them invalid. You are a mirror image of a madman we all know very well Thank God you are not in my country. And it is my country .

(Mark Joseph 2008)
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #88
dexter26
BANNED

I have not stated that we should do our best to avoid mixing, I'm merely not "enamored" and in love with the idea of it.

Some people who are "enamored" with the idea of it, are so extreme that they label someone who are NOT "enamored" with the idea, as extremists and racists. This is of course laughable. Even more laughable when the case is that immigrant minorities take many measures to ensure especially their women do not mix with other types of people, while the original European inhabitants get their head filled up with tolerance, don't be racist, etc.

If you do not see the way this "skews" everything and destroys the "multicultural dream" to a very large degree, well then we live on different planets. Yes I have an issue with minorities mixing with women of my own origin, while they keep their own women locked and safe at home.

And that's just ONE SMALL aspect of it, one little thing, it's by NO MEANS the only reason why I have the opinions I have. But it's a small part of it.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #89
jdjones
Citizen Not Subject

Likes (Received): 1461

Quote:
I have not stated that we should do our best to avoid mixing, I'm merely not "enamored" and in love with the idea of it.

Some people who are "enamored" with the idea of it, are so extreme that they label someone who are NOT "enamored" with the idea, as extremists and racists. This is of course laughable. Even more laughable when the case is that immigrant minorities take many measures to ensure especially their women do not mix with other types of people, while the original European inhabitants get their head filled up with tolerance, don't be racist, etc.

If you do not see the way this "skews" everything and destroys the "multicultural dream" to a very large degree, well then we live on different planets. Yes I have an issue with minorities mixing with women of my own origin, while they keep their own women locked and safe at home.

And that's just ONE SMALL aspect of it, one little thing, it's by NO MEANS the only reason why I have the opinions I have. But it's a small part of it.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #90
spindrift

Quote:

Some people who are "enamored" with the idea of it, are so extreme that they label someone who are NOT "enamored" with the idea, as extremists and racists.

Nobody has said anything remotely like that, are you arguing with voices in your head?
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #91
dexter26
BANNED

Quote:
Softly softly catchy monkey

How hilarious.
I have been arguing how I value European values and protecting those values by limiting immigration in this thread. However, you didnt see my argument. You couldn't see that argument from me could you. You couldn't see my white British half. You can only see foreign blackness in me despite what I say. All your views are distorted by that and you make them invalid.

Where have I mentioned your foreign blackness?!

That is a figment of your own imgination. Not once have I debated PERSON in this thread, attacked the person, Ive been (trying) to talk about the thread topic all the time.

I cannot really say the same thing for you, with your constant insinuations and poorly veiled personal attacks.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #92
Ebeneezer_Goode

Likes (Received): 258

Quote:
Is British culture diminished by immigration? How? What has changed, exactly?
Backwards honour cultures and all they entail for one, they have certainly affected the country for the worse. That's not to say immigration hasn't been a net benefit, but that doesn't mean the numerous downsides should be ignored.
Ebeneezer_Goode está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #93
mulattokid
BLAND

Quote:
Where have I mentioned your foreign blackness?!

That is a figment of your own imgination. Not once have I debated PERSON in this thread, attacked the person, Ive been (trying) to talk about the thread topic all the time.

I cannot really say the same thing for you, with your constant insinuations and poorly veiled personal attacks.
You mean a pigment of my imagination surely? lol Sorry still not sure what filthy R word I am .....Randy ?
Quote:
But I do not see any reasons to bring about circumstances so that this happens even quicker, and additionally promote and "talk up" the notion of interracial relationships etc. ........... you are indeed..... the filty R-word....

(Mark Joseph 2008)
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #94
Tinpusher

Likes (Received): 64

Hmmm. I get the distinct impression that mulattokid is seeing something in dexter's replies that I am not.

You haven't caught him out, or exposed him...You really haven't. He is being quite reasonable.

Why should human beings mix? Why is it inevitable? Who is involved in this mixing and why? There is a heavy dose of frankly insulting implication, that only the best humans will pick a mate from a different race, and those who like their own kith and kin are wrong.

I couldn't give a shit whether we end up going through the melting pot or not...humanity does or doesn't and I'll be long gone in 100 years so why care?

Although religion is a backwards step for humanity, and rather retarded, and we should do our best to kill it off in the name of progress.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #95
Gavrosh

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
It's a rich tapestry, and it's also the ebb and flow of London, people arrive and depart, congregate and fracture and become immersed in the city and the community. I cannot think of any examples of how our traditions have been eroded.

Frankly, I'm more worried that in fifteen/twenty years the whole of East London will be like Docklands with anything left of the old East End being fake and for tourists.
You always will need 'processing areas' for new arrivals to settle in temporarily and then move on. For a long time, this area has been east London, but rising house prices there are pushing the zone slowly outwards from Tower Hamlets to Newham and now to barking and Dagenham. Leytonstone has always been one of the posher parts of east London and quite ethnically mixed. It is also improving rapidly now as the middle classes move back in - just like they moved out post-WW2. Your experience of Leytonstone is very different to ghettoised areas like Whitechapel or Stamford Hill. I hope you recognise that.

By the way, the 'old East End' has already largely disappeared, and its memory is mainly kept in the people that moved out of there and into Essex. People that no doubt many on here who were quick to shout 'racist' would likely lazily label chavs and BNP supporters.
Gavrosh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #96
Daviegraham
Davie

Likes (Received): 57

I personally cannot see what is positive about the large insular areas that occupy most British cities and towns and have yet to hear an argument to change my opinion. These are expanding at a ridiculous rate which I find extremely sad.

I have no problem with people who come to this country and make a sustained effort to integrate, though it should not be a free for all.

I can put my hand on heart and say I have no issues with someones race, skin colour, religion or sexuality. What I have a problem with is a complete disregard to integrate into our culture which I like, feel comfortable in and am proud of.
Daviegraham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #97
Ebeneezer_Goode

Likes (Received): 258

Quote:
I agree Mr Brevik However, I suspect that in...say, 400 years time? There wont be anything recognisable of the Norway you know or any other such location in the world. It will all be one big homogeneous mass of people. All mixed together, but without the concerns and worries we have now. "Some more than others"

It sounds horrible. It certainly isn't inevitable though.
Ebeneezer_Goode está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #98
dexter26
BANNED

Quote:
Nobody has said anything remotely like that, are you arguing with voices in your head?
Uhm, you can't be reading so closely. I've gotten accused of being Breivik, or his twin, for openly expressing that I'm not EXTREMELY positive to mixing. As far as I'm concerned, what you said no one has said, has been proven in the way mulattokid reacted to my posts.

So I disagree.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #99
Tinpusher

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
And if you, yourself, as a mixed person, actually believe it's better, that it somehow "enhances" something, then guess what, the case could be made that you are indeed..... the filty R-word....
Meaning, if you DO hold the belief...meaning DO, not YOU ARE, but if you DO, then you are racist. It is not stated by dexter that he KNOWS mulattokid holds this view...Only that if people DO, then the case could be made that they are racist.

I agree with this statement. Because to overtly stress that you believe racial mixing is better, and makes you better, than none mixing...That is discriminating against people who choose not to mix.

Calling Dexter Brevik is also bang out of order, and none becoming of a reasoned debate.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #100
spindrift

Honour killing is another word for murder. Sadly, murder wasn't invented by immigrants. What's described as honour killings is often about male violence, like a man so ashamed of losing his money he carries out a terrible act:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-family.html