daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 28th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #101
cfredo

Likes (Received): 1334

I know nothing about aviation (or its regulations), but 11km sounds alright.
cfredo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #102
NNshenzhen

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfredo View Post

I know nothing about aviation (or its regulations), but 11km sounds alright.
Actually, if it is directly on, or next to, the approaching runway path vector, 11 km is NOT enough, as the planes would be only on ~1 km maximum height then when approaching. If it is, of course, only departing runway, then the planes reach the height much faster, so a 1 km building would be OK for a 11 km distance from runway end.

If, of course, it is NOT on or near the runway path, then there is no problem. However, the China Resources Houhai tower is nowhere near the runway or approaching path vector, yet, as DoubleU mentioned who works on the project, they supposedly (hopefully not!) cut it.

Shenzhen has quite a few areas that can accept a viable 800 m - 1 km skyscraper as long as not too much build up area: Luohu - both railway station and Caiwuwei, Futian CBD and Huaqiang, Nanshan and of course Qianhai. I'm not sure if that proposed 999 m++ CIC tower would happen elsewhere in Shenzhen...

N

KillerZavatar, cfredo liked this post
NNshenzhen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #103
Scion

Likes (Received): 4259

Both Qianhai and Houhai are extremely close to the path vector, see: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9pI...it?usp=sharing

Under those flight paths, Houhai would have a height limit of 400 meters, as indicated by DoubleU who is the structural engineer for the CR HQ.

Qianhai would have a limit of 200 meters, as told by a gaoloumi forumer's enquiry to the Qianhai Admin Bureau sometime during 2011.

4 weeks ago, I have personally spoken with the head of the "Qianhai Investment Holding Company" (前海开发投资控股有限公司). He said they are actively lobbying the Aviation Bureau to change the flight path of the airport so that megatalls can be built at Qianhai. Whether that is possible or not, I don't know. They are also lobbying the government to demolish that expressway bridge/tollbooth and replace it with a tunnel, for obvious aesthetic reasons.

cfredo liked this post
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #104
Scion

Likes (Received): 4259

The approach chart

cfredo, Zaz965 liked this post
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #105
cfredo

Likes (Received): 1334

Thanks for the info. Let's hope they can change the flight path.
cfredo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #106
NNshenzhen

Likes (Received): 53

Well, if they want to move the flight path for the benefit of Qianhai, then why not benefit Houhai too? Then, that CRC tower and other buildings in Houhai could also have a go at megatall status... just move it up by a mile or two north to pass by Xili and north of Bao'an Center, and you're fine for both Qianhai & Houhai - yes the planes may have to make a circle above the sea, but that's a small price to pay to get the land revaluaed (for the benefit of Gov't anyway).

I flew before over this corridor, the night view on the left side was fantastic...
NNshenzhen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #107
CoCoMilk

Likes (Received): 1131

I saw a video some where b4 depicting airplanes coming into Shenzhen airport are not going from the direction of qianhai but rather plane woukd have to turn n come in from northeast or west of the airport. At first I was puzzled but if it's true then it makes sense.
CoCoMilk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #108
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1818

I don't really like towers with this high. In most cases they aren't economical and only for prestige (ok we will ignore the use for the tourist industry right now ),they don't really fit in skylines IMO and the most are ugly ( yes I don'T like Burj Khalifa ). That is only my opinion
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #109
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

I guess the final design will need to have a three-winged base that tapers because that's one of the strongest shapes for a building.

Zaz965 liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #110
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
[IMG]http://i46.************/11a98bk.jpg[/IMG]

That is .... very .... close!!!! Qianhai circled in red. If they change the flight path landing at Shenzhen might be like landing at Hong Kong - Kai Tak.

Last edited by FM 2258; March 13th, 2013 at 12:02 AM.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #111
UnicreditTower

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
Not fake per se, just the aspect ratios are wrong. The picture is taken from Qianhai Admin Bureau's weibo http://e.weibo.com/u/3096705901 The image got resized when it was uploaded.

The original aspect ratio is like this:

It's crazy

Eric Offereins liked this post
UnicreditTower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #112
LovingLife

Likes (Received): 38

Am I missing something? I dont see any pictures of this 800m tower??
LovingLife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #113
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLife View Post
Am I missing something? I dont see any pictures of this 800m tower??
There is no pic or design yet
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #114
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1818

I know you all want this 800 meter monster but I hope the hight will be reduced to at least 600 to 730 m 800 meters is so tall they every other building what sourunds the 800 m building looks to little.That ruins every skyline. The building lokks great maybee but the skyline looks not so impressive anymore .
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #115
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15914

Honestly I prefer an area with several 400-700m towers before of an 800m tower with several 300-400m towers around it, it's more balanced.

But since this city is going to build several 600m+ towers I don't think an 800m tower would look too tall. You'll have Ping'An (660m) and Caiwuwei (666m) towers not too far away plus who knows what else.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

Zaz965 liked this post
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #116
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

i think China Resources isn't too far away, considering the 800m building is in Qianhai and the Recourse Building is in Houhai. On the map Caiwuwei and Ping'an do look a bit further away (like 10km), which would seperate the skylines quite heavily.

Zaz965 liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #117
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
Honestly I prefer an area with several 400-700m towers before of an 800m tower with several 300-400m towers around it, it's more balanced.

But since this city is going to build several 600m+ towers I don't think an 800m tower would look too tall. You'll have Ping'An (660m) and Caiwuwei (666m) towers not too far away plus who knows what else.
with the chance that Caiwuwei maybe will be even 700m+
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #118
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerVerre:) View Post
I know you all want this 800 meter monster but I hope the hight will be reduced to at least 600 to 730 m 800 meters is so tall they every other building what sourunds the 800 m building looks to little.That ruins every skyline. The building lokks great maybee but the skyline looks not so impressive anymore .
Like others mentioned there will be other tall skyscrapers in the skyline so if there is an 800 meter tower those will just balance it out.

I'm just worried about the airport clearance issue. The point at which planes turn to line up for the runway is pretty much right over Qianhai.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #119
crriss

Likes (Received): 25

Hong Kong banks take the lead in Qianhai

THE pace of progress in developing Qianhai — a special economic zone in Shenzhen — is picking up steam, after the Central Government approved its blueprint recently.

Construction — the “hardware” — has begun in earnest in Qianhai. What you don’t see — the “software” — is what Hong Kong banks and its service companies are focusing on to help turn Qianhai into a mini-Hong Kong.

The National Development and Reform Commission wants Qianhai to be a testing ground for freer convertibility of the yuan.

For a start, Standard Chartered Bank, among 15 others, has been given the green-light to offer loans totaling US$321 million worth of yuan to local companies registered in Qianhai.

John Tan, head of global markets at Standard Chartered Bank, said: “If you look at the pilot scheme in trade settlement, when they start, they started on a small-scale. Only 365 selected enterprises could do it. Eventually, it expanded to the whole country. I think Qianhai will do exactly the same. The government will like to see it in a controlled manner, to see how it goes.”

In addition, Hong Kong banks will be able to freely negotiate the structure, terms, and interest rates of the loans. That means cheaper loans for Qianhai companies, compared to what mainland banks are offering.

Tan added: “Eventually, it will create a CNH [offshore renminbi deposits] yield curve in Hong Kong. This yield curve, very soon you will start to see CNH-fixing, and with CNH-fixing, we will see different types of CNH derivatives coming out of Hong Kong. That will be very important in the whole yuan internationalization.”

The CNH market in Hong Kong currently stands at US$97 billion, up 9 percent compared to a year ago.

Qianhai gives Hong Kong banks an outlet to some of that surplus liquidity, and expectations are high that these channels will be broadened.

New rules relating to freer convertibility of the yuan in Qianhai is expected as early as the middle of this year. In the meantime, Chinese mainland authorities still have capital controls in place, which means that money in and out of the mainland will have to be approved by the People’s Bank of China’s Shenzhen branch.

While the banks have already started to cash in, Hong Kong’s financial industry are waiting for their turn. The city’s stockbroking association is hoping that Hong Kong brokers which set up shop in Qianhai will be allowed to sell shares of Hong Kong IPOs, for instance.

Insurance sector lawmaker Chan Kin-Por said there is no word yet on whether the threshold for Hong Kong insurers to enter the Qianhai market will be lowered to match domestic insurers at US$25.8 million.

Chan added: “If you want to apply for a licence on the mainland, you must have assets of US$5 billion. But for Hong Kong, because of the market size, not too many companies have assets of US$5 billion — so that is a requirement that most companies will not be able to achieve. We’ve been fighting for many years that this would materialize.”

For Hong Kong’s financial services sector, the bigger dream is not just to serve Qianhai, but the rest of China, when the mainland eventually throws open its financial markets.

Source: http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2013-...nt_2404704.htm
crriss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #120
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57989

Still no official renders here?

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Zaz965 liked this post
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
megatall