daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #101
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,341
Likes (Received): 8240

J2 is 319m http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1034509

the height got increased a while ago, must have slipped you thru the hands :p

and this building is missing in your U/C list: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1126261
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #102
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,506
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
J2 is 319m http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1034509

the height got increased a while ago, must have slipped you thru the hands :p

and this building is missing in your U/C list: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1126261
Thx, i'll change it tomorrow

It's almost impossible to keep an eye on every project
__________________
Click here to get the Worlds Supertall Lists

Highcliff liked this post
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #103
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,341
Likes (Received): 8240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
Thx, i'll change it tomorrow

It's almost impossible to keep an eye on every project
yeah i tried to compare the finished and U/C projects with SSP just now. a few buildings are problematic because there are not sources for final height and things and sometimes CTBUH says something different than SSC and what not, although i often trust SSC most, because we normally always have sources flying around, but sometimes the titles are still outdated and it becomes difficult
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #104
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars
 
MattTheTubaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 970
Likes (Received): 647

I have completed the Prep and O/H map (I think!)
linky link
I think I will make a combined one next, which should be a lot quicker now that I know the locations of most of the buildings!
That way, it will be possible to see all of the supertalls in each city that has some sort of progress.
It will still be a while before it is complete simply because of the numbers (about 250!)
Link
Description:
All complete, Topped off, under construction, ground work and preparation supertalls
Icons:
Complete and T/O = pin
U/C and groundwork = balloon with dot
preparation = balloon without dot

Colours:
Red = 600m+ (Megatall)
Pink = 500-599m
Yellow = 450-499m
Green = 400-450m
Light Blue = 350m-399m
Blue = 320m-349m
Purple = 300m-319m

Key:

Title = building name
1st line = City Name
2nd line = height
3rd line = floor count
4th line = current status
5th line = SSC link

Notes:
-height is the "official height"
-SSC link will be the first page of the construction thread EXCEPT completed buildings.
-6th line = (location?) if the exact location is unknown
__________________
"Never memorize what you can look up in books" Albert Einstein
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List



view my buildings made on Maya

Highcliff liked this post
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #105
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars
 
MattTheTubaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 970
Likes (Received): 647

I have completed all 400m+ buildings, so including complete, U/C, and prep buildings, this is the result:
400-449m=22, 400m+=59
450-500m=17, 450m+=37
500-599m=13, 500m+=20
600m+=7
By city (31 cities):
4 buildings (x3):
-New York
-Wuhan
-Tianjin
3 buildings (x7):
-Dubai
-Kuala Lumpur
-Busan
-Shenyang
-Shanghai
-Chongqing
-Shenzen
2 buildings (x5):
-Chicago
-Hong Kong
-Guangzhou
-Nanjing
-Guiyang
1 building (x16):
-St Petersburg
-Moscow
-Jeddah
-Mecca
-Riyadh
-Kuwait City
-Mumbai
-Taipei
-Seoul
-Incheon
-Dalian
-Beijing
-Taiyuan
-Suzhou
-Changsha
-Dongguan


By country:
Mainland China = 32
USA = 6
South Korea = 5
Saudi Arabia = 3
UAE = 3
Malaysia = 3
Russia = 2
Hong Kong = 2
Taiwan = 1
India = 1
Kuwait = 1

More than I expected!
and to think 10 years ago, there were only 5 complete, and probably only 2 more U/C!
__________________
"Never memorize what you can look up in books" Albert Einstein
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List



view my buildings made on Maya

LAYZIEDOGG, KillerZavatar, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by MattTheTubaGuy; March 28th, 2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: corrected mistakes as pointed out by KillerZavatar
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #106
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,341
Likes (Received): 8240

good list. but i think you may have forgotten that Guiyang has a 400m twin under construction currently as well :P and you forgot Tianjin has three 400m buildings U/C and one prep!
__________________

Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by KillerZavatar; March 27th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #107
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,506
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
J2 is 319m http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1034509

the height got increased a while ago, must have slipped you thru the hands :p

and this building is missing in your U/C list: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1126261
Done

- Langham Hotel Added

- Height of the Guangzhou Project changed
__________________
Click here to get the Worlds Supertall Lists

Highcliff liked this post
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #108
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars
 
MattTheTubaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 970
Likes (Received): 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
good list. but i think you may have forgotten that Guiyang has a 400m twin under construction currently as well :P and you forgot Tianjin has three 400m buildings U/C and one prep!
Check the map again, I have 4 400m+ buildings in Tianjin. I only have one with a dot because that is the only one that is actually rising. (EDIT: I see, I left Tianjin off the list.)
The twins in Guiyang were missed because they are not on ZZ-II's U/C list which I used to find all the buildings. I have now added them :-)
That is part of the point of this thread, if someone notices a mistake, they can point it out.
__________________
"Never memorize what you can look up in books" Albert Einstein
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List



view my buildings made on Maya

KillerZavatar, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by MattTheTubaGuy; March 28th, 2013 at 01:32 AM.
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #109
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,506
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheTubaGuy View Post
Check the map again, I have 4 400m+ buildings in Tianjin. I only have one with a dot because that is the only one that is actually rising. (EDIT: I see, I left Tianjin off the list.)
The twins in Guiyang were missed because they are not on ZZ-II's U/C list which I used to find all the buildings. I have now added them :-)
That is part of the point of this thread, if someone notices a mistake, they can point it out.
The Gulyang Twins are still in the proposed list. But i'll move them to U/C today
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #110
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,341
Likes (Received): 8240

and can you add the twin towers to the lists before 2001, you wanted to but forgot
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #111
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,506
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
and can you add the twin towers to the lists before 2001, you wanted to but forgot
yes, i forgot it . i'll do it today
__________________
Click here to get the Worlds Supertall Lists

Highcliff liked this post
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #112
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,506
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
and can you add the twin towers to the lists before 2001, you wanted to but forgot
Done

+ Guiyang Twin Towers added to the U/C list
__________________
Click here to get the Worlds Supertall Lists

KillerZavatar liked this post
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #113
Abinash89
Registered User
 
Abinash89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,185
Likes (Received): 593

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheTubaGuy View Post
I have completed all 400m+ buildings, so including complete, U/C, and prep buildings, this is the result:
400-449m=22, 400m+=59
450-500m=17, 450m+=37
500-599m=13, 500m+=20
600m+=7
By city (31 cities):
4 buildings (x3):
-New York
-Wuhan
-Tianjin
3 buildings (x7):
-Dubai
-Kuala Lumpur
-Busan
-Shenyang
-Shanghai
-Chongqing
-Shenzen
2 buildings (x5):
-Chicago
-Hong Kong
-Guangzhou
-Nanjing
-Guiyang
1 building (x16):
-St Petersburg
-Moscow
-Jeddah
-Mecca
-Riyadh
-Kuwait City
-Mumbai
-Taipei
-Seoul
-Incheon
-Dalian
-Beijing
-Taiyuan
-Suzhou
-Changsha
-Dongguan


By country:
Mainland China = 32
USA = 6
South Korea = 5
Saudi Arabia = 3
UAE = 3
Malaysia = 3
Russia = 2
Hong Kong = 2
Taiwan = 1
India = 1
Kuwait = 1

More than I expected!
and to think 10 years ago, there were only 5 complete, and probably only 2 more U/C!
Sorry to say this but it's a wrong list.There are 4 supertalls(rising rapidly),3(rising slowly),2/3( site preparation) in Mumbai.
__________________
Abinash

Highcliff liked this post
Abinash89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #114
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,341
Likes (Received): 8240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abinash89 View Post
Sorry to say this but it's a wrong list.There are 4 supertalls(rising rapidly),3(rising slowly),2/3( site preparation) in Mumbai.
he wrote directly above the list that it is about 400m+ buildings, not 300m+ buildings...
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #115
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,506
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post

he wrote directly above the list that it is about 400m+ buildings, not 300m+ buildings...
To read correctly isn't easy it seems
__________________
Click here to get the Worlds Supertall Lists

Highcliff liked this post
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #116
tim1807
faster than buildings
 
tim1807's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Den Helder
Posts: 10,325
Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheTubaGuy View Post
I have completed the Prep and O/H map (I think!)
linky link
I think I will make a combined one next, which should be a lot quicker now that I know the locations of most of the buildings!
That way, it will be possible to see all of the supertalls in each city that has some sort of progress.
It will still be a while before it is complete simply because of the numbers (about 250!)
Link
Description:
All complete, Topped off, under construction, ground work and preparation supertalls
Icons:
Complete and T/O = pin
U/C and groundwork = balloon with dot
preparation = balloon without dot

Colours:
Red = 600m+ (Megatall)
Pink = 500-599m
Yellow = 450-499m
Green = 400-450m
Light Blue = 350m-399m
Blue = 320m-349m
Purple = 300m-319m

Key:

Title = building name
1st line = City Name
2nd line = height
3rd line = floor count
4th line = current status
5th line = SSC link

Notes:
-height is the "official height"
-SSC link will be the first page of the construction thread EXCEPT completed buildings.
-6th line = (location?) if the exact location is unknown
That doesn't look like it's complete to me.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #117
Abinash89
Registered User
 
Abinash89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,185
Likes (Received): 593

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
he wrote directly above the list that it is about 400m+ buildings, not 300m+ buildings...
Oops,no wonder I use specs.
__________________
Abinash

Highcliff liked this post
Abinash89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #118
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars
 
MattTheTubaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 970
Likes (Received): 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
That doesn't look like it's complete to me.
what is not complete?
The first link? I did add (I think!) to the end.
The second link? I mentioned that it would take some time to complete. I have now finished all the buildings 320m+ that I know about.
The description? I copied the description from my map. when I wrote the post.
Since then, I have changed a couple of things in the description.
Check the map to see the latest description.
I still have about 85 buildings to add!
__________________
"Never memorize what you can look up in books" Albert Einstein
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List



view my buildings made on Maya

Highcliff liked this post
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #119
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,341
Likes (Received): 8240

under the proposed list Ronghe Times Square 390m is in Nanning, not Nanjing.

same for logan century center (#122) and the cullinan (#138)

proposed #131 typo in "regeneration"
__________________

Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by KillerZavatar; March 29th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #120
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,341
Likes (Received): 8240

i see how much work this list is. i am currently trying to synchronize SSP's database on supertalls mostly with SSC's by adding all the missing buildings to the diagrams. I have finished the Completed list aswell as the U/C list and am now halfway thru the proposed one. It takes a lot of time, but i think it will be worth it, because once both databases have mostly the same information in them updating them will work a lot quicker since anything happening on SSC ends up in the change log for this list
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu