daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11243

Bay Area Nature Scenes

In celebration of my 5,000th post, I have looked into my albums, and I've taken so many nature pictures (aside from the usual cityscapes) that I want to share. Natural beauty is abundant in the San Francisco Bay Area, and these nature scenes have been taken by me over time. Several subjects are covered in the process, from the four seasons to animals.

First of all, thank you for your continued support on my threads and all your wonderful comments and replies on my two albums here, Bay Area in Pictures and Bay Area Transit in Pictures. And now, as I move forward, I am dedicating this thread, showcasing the various nature themes I have personally taken over time, to all nature lovers and to you. For each one, there will be a certain theme and location, as well as what I've observed in the process, and these are places that tourists do not really get to see and observe in the process. Note: some of these stories come in parts.

For my first story: it was a gloomy December afternoon, and I took a walk with my uncle and one of my friends. It was around my neighborhood in Novato, and we did a little stroll through the San Pablo Bay habitat restoration project as the former Hamilton Air Force Base is being redeveloped into housing subdivisions... While in the process of suburban development, the US Navy offered to restore the natural habitation of San Pablo Bay.

Part 1: Todd Road, right next to my neighborhood

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross

Linguine liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:11 AM   #2
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Today, as I start my Spring semester, I told myself: why not take pics of nature around my school? So today, I took some gorgeous nature shots... and yes, these are all from my university.

Linguine liked this post
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:05 AM   #3
Linguine
leisure cook

Likes (Received): 3939

thanks for sharing these lovely nature photos.
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #4
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Some winter shots I've taken lately from around my county...

Old February 9th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #5
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

More nature scenes from Marin County:

Old February 15th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #6
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Let me revive this thread with a short series about Marin County's wonderful open spaces... And this is yet another place that tourists usually don't get to visit and appreciate.

A lagoon right across the Marin County Civic Center in San Rafael is part of Frank Lloyd Wright's grand plan to create a pleasant and extensive open space that represent Marin County's identity. Along with the lagoon, a large park and open space borders the lake, and it is used for various events, most notably the annual Marin County Fair, held every Independence Day weekend, for five days. In addition to the lagoon and park, it also hosts to the Marin Center (Veterans Memorial Hall), which is an exhibition hall and a popular concert venue for local and ethnic events, and it is sometimes used as a boxing arena as well.

Here's Part 1 of my brief walk through the lagoon:

Old February 26th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #7
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Let me revive this thread with some more scenes from the Marin County Civic Center:

Old March 1st, 2013, 10:59 PM   #8
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

From around my neighborhood, part 2:

capricorn2000 liked this post
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #9
capricorn2000

Likes (Received): 33853

like you, I always love taking photos of nature, it's so relaxing it gives me peace and quiet specially in open air or in deep forest. I did some photographing last year and I intend to do this when the weather goes a little warmer.
capricorn2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote