daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 30th, 2016, 07:12 PM   #281
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Likes (Received): 5223

Seattle a third rate city , when those cities you mentioned (like Mumbai, São Paulo, or Johannesburg) get as rich as Seattle then we talk, but as I said, we are talking about skylines, and still those cities you are mentioning do not have better skyline than Seattle.

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏

dbhaskar liked this post
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2016, 11:59 PM   #282
dankats

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
Seattle a third rate city , when those cities you mentioned (like Mumbai, São Paulo, or Johannesburg) get as rich as Seattle then we talk, but as I said, we are talking about skylines, and still those cities you are mentioning do not have better skyline than Seattle.
Seattle is like other cities in North America Asia and Europe just another concrete jungle. But Seattle is not a global financial centre just a third rate city like the ones in Europe Asia and India.
New York Chicago Houston San Francisco Los Angeles are USA's most important global financial centres so what is Seattle ?
Look at India's Noida Gurgaon Pune Hyderabad they are just like Seattle third rate cities of India but with great modern skylines 8 lane highways metros hundreds of shopping malls modern international airports .
I know about Seattle 10 tall skyscrapers and a tower with a spaceship on it and you think Seattle have more skyscrappers than Mumbai SAo Paulo and Johannesburg ?
dankats no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2016, 07:49 AM   #283
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Likes (Received): 5223

What is Seattle ? The next Sillicon Valley. Thsts spam and I rather not to continuing with this nonsense. Seattle doesn't need to prove anythinG, with 4.5 million is richer than those cities and Seattle has taller buildings than São Paulo and Johannesburg... Get your fact rights, Since we are talking about skylines.

Those cities still do not have better skyline than Seattle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivaille View Post

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏

baisaroff liked this post

Last edited by -Corey-; April 1st, 2016 at 07:56 AM.
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2016, 03:13 PM   #284
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
What is Seattle ? The next Sillicon Valley. Thsts spam and I rather not to continuing with this nonsense. Seattle doesn't need to prove anythinG, with 4.5 million is richer than those cities and Seattle has taller buildings than São Paulo and Johannesburg... Get your fact rights, Since we are talking about skylines.

Those cities still do not have better skyline than Seattle.
Seattle is just USA's second tier city with about 10 tall skyscrapers and a tower with a spaceship on it while you say Sao Paulo and Johannesburg are important global financial centre and largest cities in their respective countries with more skyscrapers than Seattle.
Panama City Mexico City Caracas Bogota Vancouver Rio de Janeiro Montreal
Buenos Aires Lima Philadelphia Dallas all these cities are bigger cities than Seattle and with great skylines and still don't make it top 10 best skylines in the world.
Old April 1st, 2016, 04:09 PM   #285
LDN N7
N7

Likes (Received): 1667

Take away that observation tower building... and that could be anywhere to be honest.

dankats liked this post
LDN N7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2016, 05:12 PM   #286
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6741

Nice skyline of seattle

Even though its third tier or whatsoever, it please my eyes better than johannesburg or other cities mentiones. Though they might have larger gdp, more population or larger in size. A skyline doesnt need those criteria to be beautiful

JuanPaulo liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:58 PM   #287
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDN N7 View Post
Take away that observation tower building... and that could be anywhere to be honest.
Yes you are right take that tower with spaceship away and that could be anywhere but it has a nice small skyline but if everyone open their eyes in American continent there are other cities have much bigger skyline than Seattle likes of Dallas Montreal Vancouver Sao Paulo Caracas Bogota Lima Panama city Philadelphia Miami Rio de Janiero and much bigger cities than Seattle.
Seattle is just a second tier city of USA and i don't think it get in top twenty best skyline of the world .
Old April 1st, 2016, 11:07 PM   #288
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
Nice skyline of seattle

Even though its third tier or whatsoever, it please my eyes better than johannesburg or other cities mentiones. Though they might have larger gdp, more population or larger in size. A skyline doesn't need those criteria to be beautiful
I have travelled around the world if you open your eyes Seattle looks similar to many cities around the world nothing special about it the only eye catcher is the tower with a space ship on it take away that it looks like all those second and third tier cities around the world .
Old April 1st, 2016, 11:54 PM   #289
WingWing

In fact without that space tower, the skyline looks better. The density, elegant designs and height variation shows a typical good skyline. Unlike many other cities which doesnt have proper town planning and centralised cbd.

I didn't say seattle skyline is the most beautiful in america. I know NY, SF, miami, chicago, etc have larger and equally nice skyline.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 12:31 AM   #290
ainvan

Likes (Received): 17079

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankats View Post
European city skyline does not make it into top ten but European cities have some of great historic buildings which no American or Asians cities have .
Rome Paris Berlin London Athens Madrid Moscow etc etc are great historic cities with great architecture and buildings you would find the best are in Europe unlike those in America and Asia are just Concrete Jungle.
Have you "really" traveled around the world? East Asia has many great historic cities, just google Kyoto. Even North America has some old cities with great architecture like Boston or Quebec City.

Quebec City is not as old as cities in the old world, but it's 400 years old.

012_TOITS_JLR_4369 by Jean-Luc Riendeau, on Flickr

Quebec City by M Silverstein, on Flickr

JuanPaulo liked this post

Last edited by ainvan; April 2nd, 2016 at 12:49 AM.
ainvan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 12:55 AM   #291
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
In fact without that space tower, the skyline looks better. The density, elegant designs and height variation shows a typical good skyline. Unlike many other cities which doesnt have proper town planning and centralised cbd.

I didn't say seattle skyline is the most beautiful in america. I know NY, SF, miami, chicago, etc have larger and equally nice skyline.
I had a look at your 30 best skyline and did you pick Seattle ? You did not pick Seattle.
Personally Seattle is just like other thousand of second tier cities around the world and believe me if you take that tower away you wouldn't take a second glance at this skyline
My favourite cities with towers are
CN tower Toronto
Eiffel tower Paris
and there are hundreds of towers in America Europe Asia and Africa
Old April 2nd, 2016, 01:00 AM   #292
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31779

I personally find the Seattle skyline very appealing. I like the layering, juxtaposition of materials, and height diversity. Not enough to put it in my top 20 but definitely not just some second or third tier city....

WingWing liked this post
JuanPaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 01:14 AM   #293
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainvan View Post
Have you "really" traveled around the world? East Asia has many great historic cities, just google Kyoto. Even North America has some old cities with great architecture like Boston or Quebec City.

Quebec City is not as old as cities in the old world, but it's 400 years old.

012_TOITS_JLR_4369 by Jean-Luc Riendeau, on Flickr

Quebec City by M Silverstein, on Flickr
I was referring to the largest cities in Europe like London Berlin Madrid Paris Moscow Rome that the skyline might not be in top ten in the world but with great historic old buildings that you would not find in American or Asian continent . London Paris Rome attract millions of tourists because of their great historic buildings.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 01:26 AM   #294
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanPaulo View Post
I personally find the Seattle skyline very appealing. I like the layering, juxtaposition of materials, and height diversity. Not enough to put it in my top 20 but definitely not just some second or third tier city....
Take a look at Calgary city Canada it's similar type of second tier city like Seattle
Other cities like Panama city Lima Caracas Dallas Philadelphia Vancouver Miami
Rio di Janeiro Bogota Houston Mexico city Montreal Buenos Aires and list goes on but which one would you pick in your top twenty ?
Old April 2nd, 2016, 01:27 AM   #295
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankats View Post
I was referring to the largest cities in Europe like London Berlin Madrid Paris Moscow Rome that the skyline might not be in top ten in the world but with great historic old buildings that you would not find in American or Asian continent . London Paris Rome attract millions of tourists because of their great historic buildings.
So does Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Quito, Chicago, etc. in the American Continent. There are cities in Asia that are older -and with historic architecture - than many of the European cities you listed.

WingWing liked this post
Old April 2nd, 2016, 01:52 AM   #296
dankats

Quote:
So does Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Quito, Chicago, etc. in the American Continent. There are cities in Asia that are older -and with historic architecture - than many of the European cities you listed.
Oldest cities like Damascus Jerusalem Baghdad etc etc ? but Asia have many modern large cities in top ten skylines of the world
Hong Kong
Dubai
Shanghai
Tokyo
Singapore
But oldest European largest mega cities are not in top ten skylines of the world ?
Old April 2nd, 2016, 02:57 AM   #297
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Make your point, I feel like you are going around in circles. Big skyline, financial centres, historic buildings..... what is it in the end?
Old April 2nd, 2016, 01:38 PM   #298
dankats

Quote:
Make your point, I feel like you are going around in circles. Big skyline, financial centres, historic buildings..... what is it in the end?
That's what many great cities with skylines are some financial centres with historic buildings likes of London Moscow Paris etc etc and and some with tall skyscrapers with great skylines likes of New York Dubai Singapore Hong Kong Shanghai etc etc
Second tier cities defines of population, size,function economic status etc etc which cities like Seattle Calgary Hyderabad Panama city etc etc might have have great skylines but not a world financial global centre
Old April 2nd, 2016, 03:42 PM   #299
WingWing

Shanghai, singapore, beijing all have great historical architectures as well. Not only skylines they are good at

Again i said seattle skyline though didn't make it top 20 best but it looks better than general cities in south asia
Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:41 PM   #300
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

And Panama City is a financial hub not just for Latin America but for the entire world. That is why Panama is known as the Hong Kong of the west. Hong Kong, Switzerland, and Panama are sort of the holy trinity of the banking industry lol

J-BEAT liked this post