daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Your Choice!!
BJP 41 53.95%
Congress 23 30.26%
JD(S) 6 7.89%
KJP 2 2.63%
Others 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 15th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #461
mangalore mania
Indian First

Likes (Received): 2220

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer.akash View Post
How dumb our election commission is right? File a case in supreme court
lol ya i know.. That is what is all about having civil service in ones control.

Changing from Enjoying the Mangalore's rise to Karnataka's Pride

Mangalore Forum
mangalore mania no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old April 15th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #462
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Likes (Received): 2982

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalore mania View Post
lol ya i know.. That is what is all about having civil service in ones control.

What ever statement you make or allege need to be throughly backed up.

EC is a very fair body in Indian Union,if you are alleging some misconduct on their part then you need to substantiate your stance with evidence in the courts.

Just alleging on internet and sitting quite holds no merit, your allegations.

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK
engineer.akash está en línea ahora  
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #463
mangalore mania
Indian First

Quote:

What ever statement you make or allege need to be throughly backed up.

EC is a very fair body in Indian Union,if you are alleging some misconduct on their part then you need to substantiate your stance with evidence in the courts.

Just alleging on internet and sitting quite holds no merit, your allegations.
Unfortunately such practices dont leave behind any proof, only option is catch them red handed, If you dont know such practices then you are not in to ground reality, I have even seen people who caste multiple votes and EC is trying its best, but with the help of local leaders, polices and officers everything happens. EC has transfered DC and SP across the state for this reason only.
What you say about mass deletion of muslim and dalit names from election list, They have even got their slip for vote from the party workers, but on the day of election their names have been deleted. This happened everywhere.
Banashakari, Hebbal Ullal constituency. And the news was in papers too..

Mangalore Forum
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #464
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Quote:
Unfortunately such practices dont leave behind any proof, only option is catch them red handed, If you dont know such practices then you are not in to ground reality, I have even seen people who caste multiple votes and EC is trying its best, but with the help of local leaders, polices and officers everything happens. EC has transfered DC and SP across the state for this reason only.
What you say about mass deletion of muslim and dalit names from election list, They have even got their slip for vote from the party workers, but on the day of election their names have been deleted. This happened everywhere.
Banashakari, Hebbal Ullal constituency. And the news was in papers too..
Even in mysore names were not fund during ULB in hindu dominated areas like kuvempunagar,it is the duty of the citizens to check their names before elections.

http://www.inmysore.com/revision-of-...list-re-starts

Names were missing from all 6 zones it seems.

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #465
mangalore mania
Indian First

Quote:
Even in mysore names were not fund during ULB in hindu dominated areas like kuvempunagar,it is the duty of the citizens to check their names before elections.

http://www.inmysore.com/revision-of-...list-re-starts

Names were missing from all 6 zones it seems.
This is well in advance of the election process..
What I am telling here is different. The people were issued the voting slip days before the election, which ensures that their name is present on the final list. But on the day of election they are removed..

Mangalore Forum
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #466
mangalore mania
Indian First

Beyond Politics : Bhat, Lobo wish each other good luck...

Quote:
"We have known each other from many years. I was a bureaucrat and Yogish Bhat was elected representative during my tenure as MCC commissioner. We have immense respect for each other," said Lobo, with a friendly arm around Bhat
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=170528

Mangalore Forum

sunil.kulkarni liked this post
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #467
mangalore mania
Indian First

Quote:
EC would have taken that matter seriously
Hope so..

Mangalore Forum
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #468
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Quote:
What I am telling here is different. The people were issued the voting slip days before the election, which ensures that their name is present on the final list. But on the day of election they are removed..
EC is a very fair body if they had found any misconduct they wpuld have taken action.

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK
Old April 15th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #469
sujaysjn
Hoo-Balli Singa-Pura

Likes (Received): 1237

Quote:

Missing names from voters' list is issue with people of all religion and casts, dont narrate it for only one religion.
sujaysjn no está en línea  
Old April 15th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #470
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

TO MAKE ME CM, ELECT CONGRESS TO POWER: SIDDU

Quote:

Mysore, Apr. 15 - Opposition Leader and Congress candidate for Varuna Assembly constituency Siddharamaiah yesterday attended a massive convention of Congress activists of Chamundeshwari Assembly constituency at a vacant site close to Jayamma Govindegowda Kalyana Mantapa in Kuvempunagar.

Addressing the gathering, he said, “Making me the Chief Minister is in your hands. If you want to make me the CM, elect Congress party to power.”

“Out of the 15 Assembly constituencies in Mysore and Chamarajanagar districts, Congress had won 12 seats last time,” said Siddharamaiah and urged the voters to ensure that Congress wins all the 15 seats in the two districts.

“I have always honoured the people who have blessed me and will do so in future too. Some people are claiming that they were responsible for my victory in the last election. But, it is you voters who made me win,” he said.

“Leaders of some political parties are distributing money and liquor. The money will last only for a couple of days. Vote for Congress candidates to get a stable government,” he urged.

Thanking voters of Chamun-deshwari constituency for having elected him in the by-election despite JD(S) and BJP candidates spending huge sums of money, Siddharamaiah said “It is my personal responsibility to ensure that Sathyanarayana gets re-elected.”

Referring to former DGP L. Revanasiddaiah’s return to the Congress fold, Siddu said that the retired Police Officer who was with him in the past had joined BJP for several reasons and returned to Congress to uphold the dignity of democracy.

He also welcomed Central Relief Committee former Chairman C.N. Manjegowda into the party fold saying that JD(S) had betrayed him after promising a ticket from Chamundeshwari constituency.

Stating that JD(S) existed in a few districts only, Siddu predicted that it would win only 22 to 25 seats besides stating that Yeddyurappa’s KJP was not existing at all as people knew that Yeddy and his gang had looted the State.

Chamundeshwari Assembly constituency candidate & MLA M. Sathyanarayana, former Minister Satish Jarakiholi, Revanasiddaiah and Manjegowda, who joined the Congress party and others were present.

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #471
sujaysjn
Hoo-Balli Singa-Pura

ಸಿಎಂ ಶೆಟ್ಟರ್ ಸೋಲಿಸಿ ದಾಖಲೆ ನಿರ್ಮಿಸುವೆ

Quote:

ಕನ್ನಡಪ್ರಭ ವಾರ್ತೆ, ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿ, ಏ. 14

ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿಯಾಗಿ ಜಗದೀಶ ಶೆಟ್ಟರ್ ಎಂಟು ತಿಂಗಳ ಅವಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾಡಿದ ಸಾಧನೆ ಶೂನ್ಯ. ಸಾಲದ್ದಕ್ಕೆ ಬಿಜೆಪಿ ಅಧಿಕಾರಾವಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆದಿರುವ ವ್ಯಾಪಕ ಭ್ರಷ್ಟಾಚಾರ ತಮ್ಮ ಗೆಲುವಿಗೆ ಶ್ರೀರಕ್ಷೆಯಾಗಲಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿ-ಧಾರವಾಡ ಸೆಂಟ್ರಲ್ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದ ಜೆಡಿಎಸ್ ಅಭ್ಯರ್ಥಿ ತಬ್ರೇಜ್ ಶಮಸಿ ವಿಶ್ವಾಸ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಪಡಿಸಿದರು.

ನಗರದಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾನುವಾರ ಸುದ್ದಿಗಾರರೊಂದಿಗೆ ಮಾತನಾಡಿದ ಅವರು, ಶೆಟ್ಟರ್ ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿ ಅಭ್ಯರ್ಥಿಯಾಗಿದ್ದರೂ ಈ ಬಾರಿ ಅವರು ಸೋಲಲಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಅವರನ್ನು ಸೋಲಿಸಿದ ಖ್ಯಾತಿ ತಮಗೆ ಸಿಗಲಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಹೇಳಿದರು.

ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಎಂದರೆ ಕೇವಲ ರಸ್ತೆ, ನೀರಲ್ಲ, ಜನರಿಗೆ ಬದುಕಲು ದಾರಿ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಡುವುದು. ಅಸಂಖ್ಯಾತ ಸುಶಿಕ್ಷಿತ ಯುವಕರು ಸೂಕ್ತ ಪ್ರೋತ್ಸಾಹ ಸಿಗದಿರುವ ಪರಿಣಾಮ ನಿರುದ್ಯೋಗಿಗಳಾಗಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಇಂತವರಿಗೆ ಉದ್ಯೋಗ ಕಲ್ಪಿಸಿಕೊಡುವುದಕ್ಕೆ ತಾವು ಆದ್ಯತೆ ನೀಡಲಿದ್ದೇವೆ. ಪ್ರಮುಖವಾಗಿ ಸಾಫ್ಟವೇರ್ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಯುವಕರು ತೊಡಗಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲು ಅವಕಾಶ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಡಬೇಕೆಂಬ ಕನಸು ಕಂಡಿದ್ದೇವೆ. ಈ ಕನಸು ಸಾಕಾರಗೊಳಿಸಲು ಜನ ಆಶೀರ್ವಾದ ಮಾಡುತ್ತಾರೆಂಬ ವಿಶ್ವಾಸವಿದೆ ಎಂದರು. ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿ ತಮ್ಮ ಎದುರಾಳಿ ಎಂಬ ಸ್ಪಷ್ಟ ಅರಿವು ತಮಗಿದೆ. ಇವರನ್ನು ಸೋಲಿಸುವ ಮೂಲಕ ತಾವು ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಗಮನ ಸೆಳೆಯಲಿದ್ದೇವೆ. ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿ ಜಗದೀಶ ಶೆಟ್ಟರ್ ಪ್ರತಿನಿಧಿಸುತ್ತಿರುವ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ನೂರೆಂಟು ಸಮಸ್ಯೆಗಳಿವೆ. ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿಯಾದ ಬಳಿಕ ಅವರು ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರವನ್ನು, ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದ ಜನತೆಯನ್ನು ಮರೆತಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಜನರ ಸುಖ ದುಃಖ ಆಲಿಸಲು ಅವರ ಬಳಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಸಮಯವಿರಲಿಲ್ಲ. ಹೀಗಾಗಿ ಶೆಟ್ಟರ್ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಜನ ಮತ ಚಲಾಯಿಸಲಿದ್ದಾರೆಂದರು.

Read more:

http://kannadaprabha.com/districts/d...70;/39842.html
Try to save your deposit man!
sujaysjn no está en línea  
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #472
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

siddhu is making statements after statements,declaring himself as the CM candidate. :P

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #473
sujaysjn
Hoo-Balli Singa-Pura

Quote:
siddhu is making statements after statements,declaring himself as the CM candidate. :P
This will create fighting within congress party...
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #474
ullasavadan

Likes (Received): 111

Ambi imbroglio gets knottier

Quote:
The release of the second list of candidates has triggered another round of rebellion in the Congress. ‘Rebel’ star Ambareesh, who had opposed giving the party ticket to A S Ravindra Srikantaiah in Srirangapatna, toughened his stand on Monday and refused to budge, despite efforts by party leaders to pacify him.

The actor-politician has threatened not to file the nomination papers from Mandya if his demand is overlooked. L D Ravi, the Congress candidate for the Melkote constituency and a staunch follower of Ambareesh, too has announced that he will not contest the elections, if his leader is neglected.

Ambareesh has been alleging that Ravindra had indulged in anti-party activities. Ravindra had allegedly played a key role in defeating him in the 2008 polls in Srirangapatna. Hence, the actor has been vehemently opposing his candidature. However, the party gave him the ticket as he had the strong backing of senior leader S M Krishna.

According to sources, the AICC observers held talks with Ambareesh at a hotel and tried to persuade him to give up his protest. Besides, both KPCC chief G Parameshwara and CLP leader Siddaramaiah spoke to the actor over phone in their effort to resolve the issue. But he remained adamant. It is said that the party has decided not to issue ‘B’ form to Ravindra till the issue is resolved. Sources close to the leader said he had indicated that he would relent and file his nomination papers on Wednesday.

Corruption alleged

Another senior Congress leader A Krishnappa, who was not fielded him from his home constituency K R Puram in Bangalore, hit out at the party, saying moneybags had influenced the party bosses in selecting candidates.

Krishnappa, who is all set to become the JD(S) candidate probably from Hiriyur in Chitradurga district, minced no words when he charged that Siddaramaiah, G Parameshwara, D K Shivakumar and Jaffer Sharief had taken ‘incentives’ to get tickets for their followers.

In K R Puram, Byrathi Basavaraj, a relative of Congress MLC Byrathi Suresh, is the candidate. It is said Siddaramaiah was instrumental in getting Basavaraj the ticket. Krishnappa, who has been with the Congress for the last four decades, has successfully contested four times in the Assembly elections. He was a minister twice. He had lost the last Assembly elections to Nandish Reddy of the BJP.

Krishnappa, speaking to Deccan Hearld, said: “The Congress has given tickets to those who are into real estate business, those who are facing criminal cases, those who have grabbed land illegally and those who are facing Lokayukta inquiries. I do not come under any of those categories. I asked Oscar Fernandes as to why I was denied ticket, despite not facing any charges. He had no answer,” he said. The former minister said he was not ready to pay ‘incentives’ to seniors in the party to get the ticket for himself.

“I can’t present foreign cars, watches and bags of cash. In regular Congress party meetings, I used to raise pertinent questions, which was not appreciated by the seniors. So, they have punished me. I do not want to be a bonded labourer. If tickets are sold, I am not in the race to buy it, because I have not amassed illegal wealth,” he said.

Krishnappa said he would hold talks with H D Deve Gowda and H D Kumaraswamy late on Monday evening and decide his political future. Similarly, H M Revanna is unhappy with the party for not giving him the ticket from Hebbal. The Congress is yet to announce the candidates for nine constituencies which are contentious.

SOURCE
This will further help JDS to strengthen in Southern Karnataka belt.

engineer.akash liked this post
ullasavadan no está en línea  
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #475
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullasavadan View Post
Ambi imbroglio gets knottier

This will further help JDS to strengthen in Southern Karnataka belt.
JDS anyday over congress

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #476
otte bisale

Likes (Received): 150

http://epapervijayavani.in/epapermain.aspx

SDPI to contest in 7 DK constituencies
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19556111.cms

Congress goes the minority way
http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/18...e-minority-way

SDPI, MIM, ML all are there in secular contest.
otte bisale no está en línea  
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #477
otte bisale

New survey gives BJP a fighting chance
By Rajashekara S | ENS - BANGALORE 16th April 2013 07:45 AM

All is not lost for the BJP in Karnataka, if a survey commissioned by the party’s national leadership is to be believed. Supporting chief minister Jagadish Shettar’s determinedly upbeat stand, the survey says Karnataka is headed for a hung assembly, with the BJP giving the Congress an equal fight.

Surprisingly, the survey also says that only five percent of the voters consider corruption as an issue in this election.

The survey report by a Mumbai-based research group, given to Express, says the Congress will get 95 out of the 224 seats in the assembly, the BJP 81, JD(S) 27, the KJP and independents 8 each and the BSR Congress 5. Two other surveys conducted for media companies earlier had given the Congress a minimum of 105 seats and the BJP a maximum of about 70 seats. Even the BJP’s state-level internal surveys gave the party around 60 seats.

An upbeat Shettar told Express: ‘’BJP’s situation has improved over the last few months. We expect to win 130 seats.’’

The Prabodhan Research Group, which says it conducted surveys in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh in 2012 with very high accuracy, did the research in Karnataka for the BJP national leadership. The survey conducted over three months from January to March spoke to approximately 80,000 voters from the middle and lower economic classes, with 350 voters from each assembly segment.

Vinod K Joshi, group president, told Express: ‘’The survey is based on the voting pattern in the previous election in each constituency, considerations like caste, sex and religion, current issues and total votes polled by candidates in the previous election. Political developments in the past five years were taken into account while eliciting the views from the voter.’’

The survey maintains that the BJP bastion of Bombay-Karnataka is intact. Only in Hyderabad-Karnataka and in Bangalore, the Congress makes some gains, ‘’because the KJP cuts into the BJP votes’’. The BSR Congress is expected to win a few seats in Hyderabad-Karnataka.

On the BJP stronghold of the coast, the survey says: ‘’In Mangalore, Udupi and other constituencies, the factor of Hindu-Muslim issues will actually help the BJP.’’

The JD(S) is still supreme in Hassan and the old Mysore region, the survey says, but the Congress will have greater impact in the South than the northern part of the state.

It also clearly states that confusion in ticket distribution in the Congress and the intense fighting among leaders for the Chief Minister’s chair could negatively impact the party.

“In such a situation, the BJP could see an opportunity to improve its tally,’’ the survey says.

http://newindianexpress.com/states/k...cle1546946.ece

BJP will bag 120-135 seats, claims Jagadish Shettar | Tulunadu News
http://tulunadunews.com/2013/04/14/b...adish-shettar/
BJP will win anywhere between 120 and 150 seats, says Agriculture Minister Umesh Katti
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle4574032.ece
We'll win 130 seats: Sadananda Gowda - The Hindu
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper....ece?css=print

130 appears a sacred number for many politicians

Congress will win 130 seats, says Siddaramaiah - The New Indian Express
http://newindianexpress.com/states/k...cle1479229.ece
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #478
otte bisale

A ‘power cut’ to BJP’s poll prospects
http://newindianexpress.com/states/k...cle1545340.ece
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #479
otte bisale

Ashraf proclaims end to Congress infighting
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle4614116.ece
Quote:
“We (Congress) now control Mangalore City Corporation and for the election promises to come to fruition — such as no increase in property tax or water tax and a new system of granting licenses for construction of houses — we need an MLA who supports us. Mr. Lobo is the ideal person for the job,” he said.
he is indirectly telling - if you don't elect congress mla we will not fulfill promises made for mangalore city corporation election. if they win mla seat for mangalore south they are definitely going to blame on mangalore north mla if he is not from congress. if congress government wins 2013 assembly with all mlas and 2014 parliment with mp then only they will be left without any reason.
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #480
otte bisale

Mangalore: Social activist alleges Rs 2 lac cr Wakf scam, names 18 persons
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=170327

JSP to campaign against tainted politicians
http://newindianexpress.com/states/k...cle1545344.ece

Closed Thread