daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Kochi

Old March 10th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #61
home@kochi

Likes (Received): 79

Not sure, if I have added a lot of pics but just wanted to do so since everyone was excited. Feel free to delete unwanted ones or move it to the thread started by Dileep ji.
Just saw that thread after posting here.. Please move these to that thread, if necessary. Mods pls help.
home@kochi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 10th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #62
home@kochi

Sorry guys, posted a lot of updates and pics on the Multiplex thread before seeing this new thread. Please move them here, if mods can. Thanks
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #63
manukarukail
Kochiite

Likes (Received): 44

thanks Dileepetta, ArunKs and home@kochi for the pics.

Just one word to describe this mall - COLOSSAL
manukarukail no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #64
KMC

Likes (Received): 605

[SIZE="3"]Breaking news..... India Today....[/SIZE]

aarengilum ee pavam reportera paranju manasilakku... Its the same Kochi which your Intelligent survey found not worthy in India's Top 50 Cities...
Paavam payyan...

India's biggest shopping mall opens in Kochi

Billed as India's biggest shopping mall, the Lulu Shopping Mall was inaugurated by Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in Kochi on Sunday.

Built at a cost of over Rs.1,600 crore, the mall is spread over 2.5 million square feet of space and is owned by EMKE group of United Arab Emirates (UAE) businessman M.A. Yousuf Ali, who hails from Kerala.

Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi, state Leader of Opposition V.S. Achuthanandan, several cabinet colleagues of Chandy and other top Kerala politicians were also present at the occasion.

The mall has nine theatres, 16 pairs of escalators, elevators and travelators. There is a 3,500-seat multi-cuisine food court and parking for 3,000 cars.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/l.../1/257301.html
KMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #65
Prasanth_KCV

Likes (Received): 1724

Thanks Dileepji, ArunKs, AXF and home@kochi for stunning pics and video. Really wonderful update of LULU Mall. Kurachu pazhangal kulukkatte.

Last edited by Prasanth_KCV; March 10th, 2013 at 08:23 PM.
Prasanth_KCV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #66
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 1986

Thanks dear Dileepetta, ArunKs and home@kochi

We are heavily indebted to you, for showing the grandeur of most awaited mall..... Its indeed FABULOUS

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #67
kayestee

Likes (Received): 15

Hats off to all those who contributed to showcase LULU with stunning pictures and videos.
Felt like being at Lulu. Interiors looks great at the moment will look even greater once all the shops are open. I guess in the coming days we can expect more pictures. These visuals are putting pressure on me to pay a visit to Lulu. I will have to find a space for Kochi in my tight summer schedule to Kasargod, Mangalore and Kannur. For the moment I will sit back and and enjoy these pictures.

ajay ramchandran liked this post
kayestee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #68
Asskicker

Likes (Received): 250

So we have Boss also as seen in this picture

Inside crossword

LULU even has GUCCI

Thrissur pooram

Image courtesy:Sudith Xavier

bijuarr, Prasanth_KCV, rkpai13 liked this post
Asskicker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #69
manukarukail
Kochiite

Likes (Received): 44

One quick question.. nobody post pics of ice-skating rink. Is it not open yet?
manukarukail no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #70
Asskicker

Likes (Received): 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by manukarukail View Post
One quick question.. nobody post pics of ice-skating rink. Is it not open yet?
I think ice skating rink is that big covered area in front of the food court in the 3rd floor

From the photos i could make out only this space possible for ice skating rink
Asskicker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #71
thanseem

Likes (Received): 1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunks View Post

looks like a ലുലു വളയല്* strike by leftists...

Asskicker, jithuajayan liked this post
thanseem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 04:25 AM   #72
godman

Likes (Received): 0

good job Dileep. Looks beautiful!

[QUOTE=DileepKS;101098278]Here is the video I shot today.
godman está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #73
KMC

Likes (Received): 605

They lived up to the hype they created...every media has covered this....truly deserving coverage...
No malls in mumbai is equal to this....other cities...i dnt know...
Yousuf ali...you created a wonder in kochi....we all proud of it...
KMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #74
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 1986

Lulu really rocks..... This alone proves, Yousaf won hearts of people across ME, not just because he was a Pranchiettan, but really understands their psyche and works too hard to achieve their best satisfaction.... Today he won hearts of Kochinites and Keralites back in our turf itself.........

I am sure, this success will push him for more similar ventures in Kerala......... Emke has a strong tradition of taking over Govt owned shopping complexes and renovating into major Malls, in ME.......... If they can replicate the same in Kerala, say taking over of GCDA Shopping complex etc, it shall be another major boon for Kochi

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:10 AM   #75
DileepKS
Armchair Activist

Likes (Received): 1931

After the euphoria is over (yes, it really took sleeping off) I got some more comments to make.

1. They built an inclined travellator from right in front of the hypermarket to the parking level. That deserves a standing ovation People can push their carts all the way to the cars. I haven't seen such an innovation anywhere else.

2. The produce aisle of the hypermarket is unbelievable. People were grabbing sack loads of the stuff. I saw a lady standing with a bag full of foot long nendran. I could only see the rows from one end, because it was impossible to get in between the rows. One thing I noted was a box full of Durian. There is a sign saying it is Indian.

3. There is a row of 'hot foods' counters and a bakery. I wanted the at least check out the menu, but couldn't get close enough to look.

4. Some of the walkways are narrow. I would have preferred some 50cm more width. But compared to the other places here, those are HIGHWAYs.

5. Didn't get chance to check out the toilets. All of them had queues.

6. Didn't get chance to check out the garden and fountains. People were rushing in, and couldn't find my way out.

7. Saw the space for Tablez Food company's restaurant. I am hearing about them for the first time. This is a Lulu enterprise, and the space allocated is huuge.

8. The kids area is only partially done, but there are placeholders for indoor rides. They look promising. The game consoles are all brand new. Not those Japanese/Taiwanese recycles that Boomerang provides.

9. I was excited about the food court when I was there, probably because I was hungry. Didn't eat because 1) it was incredibly packed 2) it was shivaratri orikkal. But now I feel that it is just Excellent, not Awesome like the rest of the mall. There is space for three or four more outlets, and maybe it will reach Awesome level then.

10. The McD, KFC and Pizza hut are really great. Each in a huuge space. I hate KFC and McD, but look forward for pizza.
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #76
home@kochi

I checked out the toilets near the Food Court.
Its not very expansive but kind of decent.
Massive rush inside so the entire floor was looking a bit dirty.
Cleaners were helpless and trying hard to clean up fast..

The walkways along the shops on upper floors, in the areas where central portion is open, is a little small than desirable.
Its like if people come from both directions, they may hit on each other.
Of was it looking coz of the huge crowd yesterday.. not sure
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #77
DileepKS
Armchair Activist

Likes (Received): 1931

Manorama coverage

rkpai13 liked this post
DileepKS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #78
kochi_
I love Kochi

Likes (Received): 374

Thanks Very much Guys. Especially Dileepettan.

Kochi is proving day by day to be in the elite group of metro's.
kochi_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #79
Prasanth_KCV

The highway to shopping

When I stepped into Lulu Mall in Kochi, my feeling was that I had reached Dubai or London,” said Chief Minister Oommen Chandy while inaugurating the Lulu Mall at Edappally bypass on Sunday.

Thousands thronged from 4 pm in the evening to have a glimpse of the highly-spacious mall spread across 17 acres. With a space of 25 lakh sqft is indeed a world class one in its look and feel. As many as 320 international and national brands have a presence in the mall out of which 46 are coming to the state for the first time.

According to the officials, about 30 new brands, including Walt Disney and Barbie will come to the mall soon. Out of the total 200 shops, a majority of them have become operational on Sunday. “The remaining shops will be operational soon. Our aim is to convert the mall into a tourist destination,” said M A Yusufali, managing director, Lulu Group.

Almost all the jewellery brands have their outlets on the first floor. The second floor is exclusively dedicated to apparels and there is a Lulu hyper market too. Arranged in a stylish manner, the mall has something which urges one to buy everything that are on display. The mall also boast of cleanliness. As many as nine movie screens, with a total capacity of 2,250 seats, will open in the mall by early April. Marriot Hotel, which is under construction near Lulu Mall, will be completed before end of this year.

The food court with a capacity of 3,000 is at the top floor of the mall with 27 cuisines.

The exclusive entertainment zone is also in the same floor. ‘Lulu connect’- the electrionics outlet - with all major brands with a flexible price range is another attraction.

Men’s ethnic wear brand ‘Manyavar’ opened its second store in Kerala at Lulu Mall. The brand has an outlet at M G Road. Manyavar has expanded its presence to more than 95 cities by opening up 236 stores all over the country recently.

The Manyavar store at Lulu Mall has ethnic wear varieties consist of Sherwanis,Indo-westerns,kurtas,suits and accessories like Juti, Safa, Kilangi, Mala, Scarf and broach for men and children. The new store is dedicated to the Indian audience.

The Sherwani and Indo-western range is very new, the officials said.

http://newindianexpress.com/cities/k...cle1496150.ece
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #80
Prasanth_KCV

Traffic disrupted

[B]Traffic came to a standstill along the Palarivattom-Kalamassery stretch for over four hours on Sunday.[/B]

According to police, traffic blocks are a usual feature on this stretch, especially during peak hours in morning and evening. But the situation has worsened, with a new shopping mall opening in Edappally on Sunday. The block started at 6 pm and normal traffic was restored only after 9 pm.

“I had get down at Mamangalam from the bus and walk to Edappally due to the block,” said Edappally resident Mukesh.

People who were affected by the block said that service roads and even footpaths were congested. Confusion prevailed in narrow by-lanes while two-wheelers seen on footpaths, they said.

The incident was caused by a lack of planning, locals said, adding that traffic blocks could become a daily feature here as the road cannot accommodate more vehicles. However police said that people going to the Aluva Manappuram to perform Bali Tharppanam led to an increase in the number of vehicles.

http://newindianexpress.com/cities/k...cle1496563.ece

Tags
mall