daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 6th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #221
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Smordwa - Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, now Ukraine



Smordwa belonged to the Ledóchowski family (Szaława coat of arms) since the second half of the 18th century until 1939. They built a palace in 1787, ruins of Renaissance castle built in the 16th century by the Chomiak-Smordowski family have been incorporated into the building. The palace was redesigned in the 19th century. The last owner Aleksander Ledóchowski was killed by Soviets in 1940, while other members of the family fled to Poland.



Pre-war photos - link1, link2
__________________

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 6th, 2014 at 02:53 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #222
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Łysowody - Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, now Ukraine



The palace in Łysowody was built by Ludwik Raciborowski (Jelita coat of arms) in the late 18th century. It was given as dowry to his daughter Ludwika Raciborowska, she married Marceli Żurowski (Leliwa coat of arms) in 1824. The Żurowski family lost the palace when area was annexed by the Soviet Union.


Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 6th, 2014 at 04:45 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 10:14 PM   #223
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Over 100 palaces, castles and manors lost by Poland after Treaty of Riga (1921) have been described in a book series called "Memento kresowe" by Antoni Urbański.

LINK
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #224
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Czarnomin, now Ukraine



The palace built by Mikołaj Czarnomski (Ślepowron coat of arms).



More photos: link

Serebryniec, now Ukraine



The palace built by Aleksander Czacki (Świnka coat of arms).



Antopol, now Ukraine



The palace built by Antoni Jan Nepomucen Światopełk-Czetwertyński.



More photos: link

Kuryłowce Murowane, now Ukraine



The palace built by Stanisław Delfin Komar (Korczak coat of arms).



Peczara, now Ukraine



The palace was built by Jan Świejkowski, later owned by the Potocki family (chapel - p1, p2).



More photos: link1, link2
__________________

Urbanista1, Euzebi, Puritan liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 10th, 2014 at 08:56 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #225
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Moszków - Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, now Ukraine

Moszków was a property of the Polanowski family since the second half of the 18th century. The palace was acquired by Konstanty Plater-Zyberk from Stanisław Polanowski in the late 19th century. The Plater-Zyberk family owned the palace until 1939.



The Plater-Zyberk family chapel - p1, p2

Bursztyn, now Ukraine



The palace was built by Ignacy Skarbek. It was given as dowry to Eleonora Skarbek, she married Karol Jabłonowski. The Jabłonowski family owned the palace until 1939, they fled to Poland after WW2.



More photos and the family chapel.
__________________

Euzebi liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 9th, 2014 at 07:59 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #226
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Rozdół - Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, now Ukraine



Rozdół belonged to the Rzewuski family since 1631, after marriage of Anna (née Czerniejowska) and Stanisław Rzewuski. Over the years, the family founded Carmelite monastery and church, Daughters of Charity monastery and designed the town according to the Magdeburg rights. Michał Rzewuski built a palace in the first half of the 18th century. He gave the palace to his daughter Ludwika as dowry, she married Antoni Józef Lanckoroński in 1793. The Lanckoroński family rebuilt the residence in Classicism and in the 19th century in Neo-Renassaince. Palace in Rozdół was in hands of the Lanckoroński family until 1939. The palace included impressive library (20.000 volumes) and many artifacts.



Please see more photos and book about the region, "Ziemia lwowska" by Grzegorz Rąkowski.
__________________

Euzebi, soc32, Don Vito KurDeBalanz liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 9th, 2014 at 06:15 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #227
Oslo2022
Registered User
 
Oslo2022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oslo
Posts: 594
Likes (Received): 849

Abbot´s palace - Oliwa (Gdansk), Poland
Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, Royal prussia



The Abbots' Palace in Oliwa (Polish: Pałac Opatów w Oliwie) is a roccoco palace in Oliwa, a quarter of Gdańsk (Danzig). The first portion of the palace, the "Old Palace" was constructed in the 15th century. Later, in the first half of the sixteen hundreds a "New Palace" was added, which served as the residency of the then abbot of the Cistercians, Jan Grabiński. The final additions to the palace were made between 1754 and 1756, and were funded by another Cisterian abbot, Jacek Rybiński.

Rebuilt in 1965 after heavy destruction in 1945.

Since 1989 the palace contains the Department of Modern Art of the Polish National Museum in Gdańsk. In February 1990 a special gallery devoted to contemporary Polish art was established. Permanent exhibitions include works by Polish artists from 19th and 20th century (painting, sculpture and ceramics). Some of the artists whose works are on display include Zbigniew Pronaszko, Jan Cybis, Henryk Stażewski, Andrzej Wróblewski, Tadeusz Kantor, Jerzy Nowosielski, Alfred Lenica, Jan Lebenstein, Teresa Pągowska, Zdzisław Beksiński, Edward Dwurnik and Władysław Hasior. It also houses the "Promotional Gallery" which exhibits works by young artists.


http://widephoto.net/wp-content/gall...rk_oliwski.jpg


http://widephoto.net/wp-content/gall...rk_oliwski.jpg


http://widephoto.net/wp-content/gall...rk_oliwski.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...1%2C_DD_02.jpg

Bonus: Oliwa Cathedral

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/8b/c4/c5/z12960907Q.jpg


http://galeria.trojmiasto.pl/org/321...ra-Oliwska.jpg

Chapel

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...11_kaplica.JPG

The signage place of the "Peace in Oliwa - 1660"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...%283621%29.jpg
__________________
Nĺ er det lenge siden 1952!

Last edited by Oslo2022; June 16th, 2014 at 12:38 AM.
Oslo2022 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #228
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Kamieniec Podolski - Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, now Ukraine

Drawing of Kamieniec Podolski fortifications (1684)



Kamieniec Podolski (ca.1914)
__________________

Euzebi liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 17th, 2014 at 12:49 AM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #229
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Bychów - Grand Duchy of Lithuania



The castle in Bychów was built by Jan Karol Chodkiewicz between 1590 and 1619, later expanded by Lew Sapieha who owned the property since 1621. Largely destroyed by Cossacks and Russians, the residence was rebuilt in Baroque by the Sapieha family (the last owner of Bychów was Eustachy Kajetan Sapieha, he fled from occupied by Russians territory to France in 1831). Since the 19th century the castle was neglected and partially dismantled, now being reconstructed (link).

Drawing from the second half of the 17th century


Reconstruction

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 17th, 2014 at 06:57 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2014, 02:18 PM   #230
Depeched
Registered User
 
Depeched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vilnius
Posts: 1,356
Likes (Received): 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_UK-PL View Post
Bychów - Grand Duchy of Lithuania



The castle in Bychów was built by Jan Karol Chodkiewicz between 1590 and 1619, later expanded by Lew Sapieha who owned the property since 1621. Largely destroyed by Cossacks and Russians, the residence was rebuilt in Baroque by the Sapieha family (the last owner of Bychów was Eustachy Kajetan Sapieha, he fled from occupied by Russians territory to France in 1831). Since the 19th century the castle was neglected and partially dismantled, now being reconstructed (link).

Drawing from the second half of the 17th century


Reconstruction
If they rebuilt this castle as this quality of reconstrucion view. Will be sad.
__________________
>> MY PHOTO THREAD ABOUT LITHUANIA
>>MY PHOTOS FROM KLAIPĖDA (MEMEL)
>>> OLD LITHUANIA



Depeched no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2014, 04:39 PM   #231
Puritan
Registered User
 
Puritan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 396
Likes (Received): 1616

Radziejowice, Masovian Voivodeship


"This small place situated in the lightly hilly terrain of Mszczonów Heights has always captured attention with its beauty. Its picturesque landscape and usefulness as fortification had led the powerful Radziejowski family to built their residence here in the 15th century. Two centuries later the frequently rebuilt Renaissance manor two centuries later acquired the shape of a baroque palace complex interconnected with spacious gardens. The palace hosted an array of Polish and foreign individualities foremost of whom were the Polish kings _ Sigismund III Vasa, Władysław IV Vasa and John III Sobieski. In the mid 17th century Primate Michael Radziejowski finished rebuilding a wing from the original palace configuration which presently constitutes a section of the palace complex. After the Primate’s death the Prażmowski family inherited his estate.
Subsequently Radziejowice belonged to the Ossoliński family, and then in 1782 came into possession of the Krasińskis and remained until the end of World War II when most of the large private estates were nationalized in 1945.
At the turn of the 18th century Kazimierz Krasiński the Chancellor of the Crown, transformed the palace into its present classical form. Józef Wawrzyniec Krasiński, the chevau-léger, officer of The Duchy of Warsaw, continued upgrading the residence. He had the palace interiors decorated with paintings; a small theatre established in the attic; the small neo-gothic romantic tower next to the main palace built, the brick neo-classical church elevated, and a landscape park created around the palace.
Because of its proximity to Warsaw, Radziejowice had many visitors: writers, journalists, poets and painters, among them Henryk Sienkiewicz, the Noble prize winner in literature, Jarosław Iwaszkiewicz, the writer, Lucjan Rydel the poet, and painters Wojciech Kossak and Józef Chełmoński, who lived in nearby Kuklówka.
After the devastation of World War II, the palace complex was nationalized and rebuilt with the funds from the Ministry of Culture and Art. Since 1965 the palace has functioned as a creative work home for artists, writers, actors, film-makers, musicians and painters."

Palace








Castle




Manor


Radziejowice Pond by Józef Chełmoński, 1898


source: wikimedia commons
__________________
Puritan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #232
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Leonpol - Grand Duchy of Lithuania



Leonpol (named after Leon Łopaciński) was owned by the Łopaciński (Lubicz coat of arms) family since 1745 until 1939. Mikołaj Tadeusz Łopaciński built a palace in Baroque in the second half of the 18th century. The residence was plundered after January Uprising and burned in 1919. The last owner, Euzebiusz Marian Jan Łopaciński converted palace in Leonpol into Roman Catholic church in the 1920s. He fled to Poland after WW2, Euzebiusz passed away in Warsaw in 1961.



Constitution of May 3 (1791) memorial founded by Jan Nikodem Łopaciński


Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 20th, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2014, 04:02 PM   #233
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Jaszuny



Jaszuny was acquired by Ignacy Baliński in 1811 and was owned by the family until 1939. Michał Baliński and Zofia née Śniadecka built Neoclassical palace in 1828. The last owners of the palace were Aleksander Pereświet-Sołtan and Anna née Balińska, they fled from Jaszuny (annexed by the Soviet Union) after WW2.



The family cemetery founded in 1830 was recently restored with help of Foundation Aid to Poles in the East (Fundacja Pomoc Polakom na Wschodzie) - p1, p2, p3

* I hope you don't mind that I've added some palaces built in the first half of the 19th century, after partitions of Poland.
__________________

Don Vito KurDeBalanz liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 22nd, 2014 at 04:11 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2014, 04:48 PM   #234
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Kielmy/Kelmė - Duchy of Samogitia



Kelmė was acquired by Jan Grużewski (married to Zofia née Radzymińska) in 1591. The Grużewski family (Lubicz coat of arms) actively supported the Reformation, establishing a Protestant parish in Kelmė in 1596, and they built the Protestant church in 1622 and founded the first school. They also established an extensive library and archive of Reformation history, which includes about 5000 rare volumes, as well as numismatic collections including Greek and Roman coins. In 1940 the estate was taken over, and the owners, Gabriela Grużewska (née Przeciszewska) and her daughters Zofia and Adolfina, were expelled and eventually exiled to Siberia. Only Zofia Elwira Grużewska survived the war. The manor was built in ca.1780.



__________________

Euzebi liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 22nd, 2014 at 04:54 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 12:28 AM   #235
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Bejsagoła/Baisogala - Duchy of Samogitia



Palace in Baisogala was built in the second half of the 18th century. Acquired by Józef Komar, the residence was in hands of the Komar family since 1830 until 1940. Władysław Komar rebuilt the palace in the second half of the 19th century. The last owner, Władysław Komar Jr. was killed in 1941, while other members of the family fled to Poland.



* Władysław Komar and Katarzyna Zajączkowska marriage certificate and tombstone
__________________

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 23rd, 2014 at 12:37 AM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 03:20 PM   #236
Puritan
Registered User
 
Puritan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 396
Likes (Received): 1616

Czyżów Szlachecki, Holy Cross Voivodeship


Czyżów Szlachecki belonged to the Czyżowski family. The palace was built by Jan Aleksander Zaklika Czyżowski between 1740- 1751.









source: wikimedia commons
__________________
Puritan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 06:49 PM   #237
RS_UK-PL
Registered User
 
RS_UK-PL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: R-L1029
Posts: 2,301
Likes (Received): 3392

Poryck - Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, now Ukraine



Poryck was a property of the Czacki family since 1694 until 1939. They built Holy Trinity Church and Saint Michael the Archangel (where members of the family were buried) between 1759 and 1774. Also, the Czacki family founded residence in the first half of the 18th century, rebuilt in Classicism in 1806. The last owner of Poryck was Stanisław Czacki, the palace and Roman Catholic church were destroyed by Ukrainian nationalists during WW2 (see massacre in Poryck).

Palace in Poryck (ca.1917)
__________________

Don Vito KurDeBalanz liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; June 23rd, 2014 at 06:57 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:17 PM   #238
Urbanista1
Here and Now
 
Urbanista1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,426
Likes (Received): 5284

Amazing things. I can imagine the outcry to this day if the aristocratic families of England or any other country were murdered and their possessions destroyed in this way. What I am saying is that this is a civilization that existed for centuries that was wiped out.
__________________
ten rząd wstrząsa podstawami naszej państwowości i funkcjonowania społeczeństwa. Natomiast większość społeczeństwa śpi, nie zwraca uwagi, co się dzieje i trzeba je z tego snu obudzić - Piotr S


Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present

Euzebi liked this post
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #239
Puritan
Registered User
 
Puritan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 396
Likes (Received): 1616

next page ------->
Puritan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #240
Puritan
Registered User
 
Puritan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 396
Likes (Received): 1616

del.
Puritan no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
belarus, lithuania, poland, ukraine

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu