daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 31st, 2015, 02:54 PM   #321
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Kazimierz Palace, City of Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship



The Kazimierz Palace was erected in 1637-41 for King Władysław IV in the mannerist-early Baroque style as a villa suburbana (suburban villa) christened the Villa Regia (Latin: "Royal Villa"), to the design of Italian architect Giovanni Trevano.
The palace had rich furnishings, with Venetian-style gilded ceilings (surviving examples of such ceilings in Poland may be seen at the Bishop's Palace in Kielce) and brown Chęciny and black Dębnik marble portals. In the 1650s, sculptor Giovanni Francesco Rossi created profuse Roman-Baroque-style marble decorations, with busts of Roman emperors and of King John II Casimir
Following the devastations wrought by the Deluge, the Villa Regia was rebuilt twice, in 1652 and 1660, to designs by Izydor Affait or Titus Livius Burattini, and came to be called the "Kazimierz Palace" for King John II Casimir, who favored it as a residence.
Abandoned in 1667, the palace later became the property of King John III Sobieski. In 1695 the building was totally destroyed by fire. About 1724 the property's ownership was transferred to King Augustus II.
In 1735 the palace became the property of Count Aleksander Józef Sułkowski. A brickworks, a stove factory and a brewery were established here, and in 1737-39 he rebuilt the palace, probably to a rococo design by Johann Sigmund Deybel and Joachim Daniel von Jauch. In 1765 ownership was transferred to King Stanisław II August, who located the Corps of Cadets here following interior redesigns by Domenico Merlini. In 1814 a fire destroyed the barracks before the palace, and in 1816 their place was taken initially by two side pavilions designed by Jakub Kubicki. That same year, the palace became the seat of Warsaw University. Concurrently, in 1817-31, it also housed the Warsaw Lyceum, a secondary school where Frédéric Chopin's father taught French and whose alumni included young Chopin himself.
During World War II the Kazimierz Palace was destroyed along with other Warsaw University buildings; it suffered during both the 1939 defense of Warsaw and the 1944 Warsaw Uprising.
After the war, in 1945-54, the palace was rebuilt to a design by Piotr Biegański. The reconstruction of the whole campus was finally completed in 1960.


http://www.maszwolne.pl/photos/objec...d998835296.jpg




http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ze%C5%BAby.JPG


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/256553.jpg

Villa Regina 1656

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Regia_1656.jpg

Kadets Corps 1780

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ets_Palace.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/256567.jpg


http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...5%82ota%29.JPG


http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Z1O1_L1V9K...0/img_6943.jpg


http://s10.flog.pl/media/foto/714747...obiektywie.jpg


http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._Senatu%29.JPG


http://s10.flog.pl/media/foto/714285...obiektywie.jpg


http://s10.flog.pl/media/foto_middle...2349749203.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...JPG?uselang=pl


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/286620.jpg
__________________

Chimer, Urbanista1, Roy Corduroy liked this post

Last edited by piotrus81; February 1st, 2015 at 12:31 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2015, 05:15 PM   #322
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Krasiński Palace, City of Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship



The palace was built in 1677-83 for the Voivode of Płock, Jan Dobrogost Krasiński, according to design by Tylman Gamerski. It was decorated with pediment reliefs showing the triumph of the legendary "ancestor" of the Ślepowron and Korwin Polish clans, the Roman commander Manius Valerius Maximus Corvinus Messalla (263BC) and sculptural work, all by Andreas Schlüter.
In 1765 the palace was purchased by the Rzeczpospolita (the Polish State) as a seat of the Treasury Commission. After a fire in 1783 it was partly rebuilt inside according to Domenico Merlini's design. During the interwar period, the palace housed the Supreme Court of Poland.
The palace was burned down and demolished by the Germans during the World War II. It was later rebuilt. Today it is a part of the Polish National Library's Special Collections Section (Manuscripts and Old Prints) from the Załuski Library (only 5% of former rich collection located in the palace, which was deliberately destroyed by the Germans after the collapse of the Warsaw Uprising in October 1944). Now the headquarters of the special collections of the National Library (manuscripts, old prints and iconographic).


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...JPG?uselang=pl


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...jpg?uselang=pl


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...JPG?uselang=pl


http://warszawa.wikia.com/wiki/Plik:...ontowej%29.JPG

Canaletto painting

http://www.canaletto_wawa.republika....pospolitej.jpg

WWII damage

http://pu.i.wp.pl/k,NTg0ODcxOTcsODY0...,Palac_K.1.jpg


http://redir.atmcdn.pl/scale/o2/tvn/...w=616&dsth=429


http://redir.atmcdn.pl/scale/o2/tvn/...w=616&dsth=429


http://redir.atmcdn.pl/scale/o2/tvn/...w=616&dsth=429

National Library

http://redir.atmcdn.pl/scale/o2/tvn/...w=616&dsth=429


http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pa%C5%8..._in_Warsaw.JPG

Giovanni Simonetta -La Sforziada (1490)

http://www.letemps.ch/r//Le_Temps/Qu...EeGhY4GQEQ85dA

The Skewra Evangeliary (1198-99)

http://www.ormianie.pl/slir/w1000-h2..._ze_Skewry.jpg




http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/13/0d/f3/z159...rasinskich.jpg


http://dn3xvn5nu3tgm.cloudfront.net/...13913367s2.jpg
__________________

Last edited by piotrus81; February 1st, 2015 at 12:45 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 07:46 PM   #323
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Tyszkiewicz Palace, City of Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship




The palace was built by Field Hetman of Lithuania, Ludwik Tyszkiewicz. Construction began in 1785, initially to plans by Stanisław Zawadzki, and was finished in 1792 in Neoclassical style to a design by Jan Chrystian Kamsetzer. In 1840 the palace was bought by the Potocki family.
In the interwar period, it was home to Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego and later to the Polish Academy of Literature. Burned in 1944, after World War II the palace was rebuilt and is now a property of Warsaw University.
The palace's relatively modest west façade, on Krakowskie Przedmieście, is embellished with some fine stuccowork, and the central balcony is supported by four elegant stone Atlantes carved in 1787 by André Le Brun.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...jpg?uselang=pl


http://www.gdziebylec.pl/img/obiekty...11_155_jpg.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...jpg?uselang=pl


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...zawa_Atlas.png


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...0px-UW2005.jpg


http://www.muzeum.uw.edu.pl/wp-conte.../palac/013.jpg


http://web.bg.uw.edu.pl/bg/images/st...tockich_07.jpg


http://web.bg.uw.edu.pl/bg/images/st...tockich_06.jpg


http://www.muzeum.uw.edu.pl/wp-conte.../palac/012.jpg


http://www.muzeum.uw.edu.pl/wp-conte...m/pa041214.jpg


https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5322/7...771bfb51_b.jpg


http://warszawa.wikia.com/wiki/Plik:...o%C5%82owa.JPG
__________________

Urbanista1, Roy Corduroy liked this post

Last edited by piotrus81; February 2nd, 2015 at 01:08 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:14 AM   #324
Urbanista1
Here and Now
 
Urbanista1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,426
Likes (Received): 5285

wow, those interiors are impressive. Hope they are put to good uses such as a gallery or museum of some kind.
__________________
ten rząd wstrząsa podstawami naszej państwowości i funkcjonowania społeczeństwa. Natomiast większość społeczeństwa śpi, nie zwraca uwagi, co się dzieje i trzeba je z tego snu obudzić - Piotr S


Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 01:45 PM   #325
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Currently the Tyszkiewicz Palace houses the Museum of Warsaw University. Kazimierz Palace has a part of this museum, the Museum of History. If we talk about Krasiński Palace is mostly closed to tourists due to the fact there is a warehouse of the National Library. You can find in these videos interior of Library and little bit history of Commonwealth.









and here--> commonwealth.pl

Last edited by piotrus81; February 3rd, 2015 at 04:20 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 02:23 PM   #326
Oliszydlowski
Yo soy polaco
 
Oliszydlowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hankowo (Łódź)
Posts: 167
Likes (Received): 251

They recently renovated the Tyszkiewicz Palace. A small update:

__________________
My mother-in-law fell down a wishing well, I was amazed, I never knew they worked.....


Jak nazywa się magik, który traci magię ?
- rozczarowany
Oliszydlowski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 02:44 PM   #327
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Thank you! This is great!

Last edited by piotrus81; February 2nd, 2015 at 02:50 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 04:11 PM   #328
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Pac-Radziwiłł Palace, City of Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship



The Palace was built for Dominik Radziwill - 1690 Chancellor of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
Since 1744 the owner of the palace is the Bishop Andrew Zaluski. Approximately 1757 new annex was built and designed by Jakub Fontana.
Damaged during the Kosciuszko Uprising in 1794.In the years 1807-1809 neglected. The palace housed the barracks and hospital Austrian troops. In 1825, the palace becomes owner General Ludwik Pac.
1824-1828 was reconstructed according to the design of Henryk Marconi in the classical style.

General Pac fought in the November Uprising, for which in 1835 his estate including the palace was confiscated. Its interior was rebuilt under the direction of Stephen Baliński. In the years 1848-1875 was located in this building, the seat of the Government of Gubernatorial, and in 1875-1939 - the Circuit Court.

The palace was partially destroyed during World War II. It was rebuilt in the years 1948-1951, designed by Czeslaw Konopka and Henry Białobrzeski, and the elevation of the courtyard was rebuilt by Marconi projects and garden facade of the original baroque modified Tylman Gameren. It is now the seat of the Ministry of Health.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rszawa_221.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...38DSC_1224.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...PalazzoPac.jpg


http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y1g9awj1wB...0/P1011064.JPG


http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UeYLSUNe0H...0/IMG_5613.JPG


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C3UsbR4Kr_...0/DSCF2027.JPG


http://www.welovewarsaw.pl/etc/_ggi/DSC05655.JPG


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_3ZDjuHFjW...0/DSCF2005.JPG


Gothic Room

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oDB20a1O5N...0/DSCF2017.JPG


http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-E-LZYIjRml...0/DSCF2019.JPG

Column Hall

http://s2.flog.pl/media/foto/4522737...ala-sadowa.jpg


http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/64628543.jpg

Moorish Room

http://s2.flog.pl/media/foto/4522747...auretanska.jpg


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-d_ftcu6Xf9...0/DSCF2010.JPG


http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_cpRgDs3_f...0/DSCF2012.JPG


http://www.welovewarsaw.pl/etc/_ggi/DSC05658.JPG


http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YCz92ZZKoc...0/DSCF2013.JPG

Offices of the Ministry of Health

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/64628592.jpg


http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/64628567.jpg


http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/64609152.jpg
__________________

Urbanista1, Don Vito KurDeBalanz liked this post

Last edited by piotrus81; February 3rd, 2015 at 04:33 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 07:39 PM   #329
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Blank Palace, City of Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship



The palace was designed by Szymon Bogumil Zug. It was originally a wooden manor. In 1777, its fourth owner was of French origin Warsaw banker Piotr Blank, who transformed and expanded the interior and exterior facade in the classical style and added a gate. Blank Palace on Saturday lunches invited King Stanisław August Poniatowski.

In the nineteenth century it was converted to a tenement house, which was located apartments and shops. Since 1916 the palace was the seat of the government office of the City, and after independence - State Police Command of Warsaw. In the interwar period Blank Palace was a representative building the mayor Stefan Starzynski, where he received his guests. The function of this palace served until 1939.

During the German occupation 1939-1944 it had established the governor Ludwig Leist. By the end of the occupation the Germans stole all the good history of the palace ..
Blank Palace was the first building was rebuilt after the war in Warsaw - was established in the Regional Conservator. Today, the palace houses the Ministry of Sport and Tourism.


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/253551.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/108338.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/240929.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/108341.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/253539.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/253533.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/116426.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/116427.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...11_DSC0001.JPG


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/240930.jpg
__________________

Don Vito KurDeBalanz, Urbanista1 liked this post
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 12:02 AM   #330
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Jabłonowski Palace, City of Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship



It was constructed in 1773-1785 for Antoni Barnaba Jabłonowski by Jakub Fontana and Dominik Merlini. In 1817-1819 it was reconstructed for the purpose of becoming the city hall, taking the role of the dismounted Old City Hall. In 1863 the palace was damaged by the fire set up by demonstrating Polish patriots in the wake of January Uprising. In 1864-1869 it was reconstructed in the Neo-Renaissance style. The characteristic tower was added to the building at that time. During the Polish Defensive War of 1939 the city hall served as the headquarters of the civilian defense of Warsaw. During the Warsaw Uprising of 1944, the German forces destroyed the building.In 1952-1958 the debris from the city hall were removed.
In the 1990s the building was constructed again, according to the pre-1936 architectural plans. The shape of the palace, tower and facade are in the original pre-war state. Some parts were however built in the contemporary style.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...skich_2009.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/240915.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/250733.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/250735.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/116579.jpg

lost

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ski_Palace.jpg

some elements of the interior

http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/111881.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/288946.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...atralny_s4.jpg
__________________

JanVL, Oliszydlowski, Roy Corduroy liked this post
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 07:31 PM   #331
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Presidential Palace, City of Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship



Construction of the present-day Presidential Palace in Warsaw was begun in 1643 by Crown Great Hetman Stanisław Koniecpolski, owner of the town of Brody (80 km. east of Lwów) and of numerous latifundia situated in Poland's eastern borderlands; hence the palace's first name was "Pałac Koniecpolskich” the "Koniecpolski Palace".
The palace's architect was Constantino Tencalla, architect to Poland's King Władysław IV and designer of King Zygmunt's Column, in front of the nearby Royal Castle, commemorating Sigismund III of Poland. The palace was completed by Koniecpolski's son Aleksander in the style of a baroque residence, imitating those of northern Italy and Genoa. A view of the palace in a Warsaw panorama of 1656 by Erik Dahlberg confirms this.
The next owner of the palace was Jerzy Sebastian Lubomirski Grand Crown Hetman and Crown Chancellor, and later the leader of a rebellion against the king who bought the palace from Aleksander Koniecpolski. In 1674 the palace became, for the next 144 years, the property of the Radziwiłł family.
In 1818 the palace became the seat of the Viceroy of the Polish (Congress) Kingdom (when it acquired the name 'Pałac Namiestnikowski' - the Palace of Namestnik of Kingdom of Poland).
Beginning in 1818 the palace was rebuilt in classicist style by the architect Chrystian Piotr Aigner .
In 1918 the building was taken over by the newly reconstituted Polish authorities, and renovation of the palace was entrusted to Marian Lalewicz. The building became the official seat of the Chairman of the Council of Ministers (the Prime Minister) and of the Council of Ministers itself. In 1939 the palace suffered minimal damage. In 1941-1942 it was radically reconstructed into a Deutsches Haus by the Polish architects Janusz Nagorski and Jan Lukasik. In the course of the work, rococo ornamentation in the rooms overlooking the garden was renovated with great care. A couple of grisaille paintings were uncovered on the staircase, featuring eagle and weapon motifs. After Warsaw's liberation, the palace was thoroughly reconstructed by Antoni Brusche and Antoni Jawornicki. In 1965 Bertel Thorvaldsen's classicist equestrian statue of Prince Józef Poniatowski, which previously had stood before the now destroyed Polish General Staff building (the "Saxon Palace") on nearby Piłsudski Square (once known as "Saxon Square"), was relocated to the courtyard before the "Viceroy's Palace. Since July 1994, the palace has been the official seat of the President of the Republic of Poland replacing the smaller Belweder palace.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...encki_2011.jpg


http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kW6T7tClJU...DSC_0253_2.JPG

Koniecpolski Palace in 1656, Radziwiłł Palace 1762, Viceregal Palace in 1900




http://s9.flog.pl/media/foto/6411515...ezydenckim.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ala_rokoko.jpg

historic Polish Round Table Agreement


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rszawie_05.JPG


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Warszawie.JPG


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...prezydenta.jpg


http://www.butempowawie.pl/wp-conten...3-1024x574.jpg
__________________

Rombi, PRIMEVAL, Roy Corduroy liked this post

Last edited by piotrus81; February 7th, 2015 at 07:37 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:00 AM   #332
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Krasiński Palace in Ursynów, City of Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship



The palace was built in 1776 by Princess Izabela Czartoryska Lubomirska for his daughter Aleksandra Potocka of Lubomirski. For a time, there lived Joseph Maisonneuve, and from 1785 to 1799, the building was owned by the Aleksandra Potocka Lubomirska, wife of Stanisław Kostka. Stanisław expanded the palace, designed by Piotr Aigner. Since 1822 was owned by Julian Ursyn Niemcewicz, who created the palace library, gathering valuable collections.
Since 1857, the palace belonged to the family Krasinski. In the years 1858-1860 completely rebuilt the palace under Zygmunt Rospendowskiego. He was given a neo-Renaissance style, and the front facade richly decorated with carvings made by Faustina Cenglera. Reliefs depict the captains: Stanisław Koniecpolski, Stefan Czarnecki, Jan Paweł Sapieha, Jan Tarnowski. The statues in the niches of Fortune and Ceres. The coat of arms of the tympanum was Ślepowron (Krasiński) and children sculptures symbolizing seasons.
Destroyed during the First World War by the Russian army. However palace suffered during World War II.
Since 1956 belongs to the School of Life Sciences and houses the university rector. Because of its function by the university environment is called "the Rector palace."




http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ac_ursynow.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...jpg?uselang=pl


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi....jpg?uselang=p


http://images.photo.bikestats.eu/zdj...ba-fortuny.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/351651.jpg

Last edited by piotrus81; February 8th, 2015 at 12:07 AM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2015, 10:07 PM   #333
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Ostrogski Palace, City of Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship



The spot for the palace, a large lot of land on the Vistula escarpment directly below the Nowy Świat, was bought by Prince Janusz Ostrogski in early 17th century. As the area had been still a suburb of Warsaw and exempted from the laws of the city which prevented the inhabitants from building private fortifications, Ostrogski decided to build a small castle there. For that he financed a bastion on which the manor was to be constructed. However, it was not until after his death that the manor itself was started. Designed by Tylman of Gameren, the palace built on top of the bastion was to become one of the wings of a huge future palace. However, it was never completed and was bought by deputy chancellor of the crown Jan Gniński, who turned it into his seat.
In 1725 the palace was bought by yet another magnate family, the Zamoyski, who made it a seat of their jurydyka. However, as the unfinished manor lacked many features of an 18th-century magnate palace, it never served its original purpose and with time became neglected. Since 1778 it was divided onto small flats and started serving as a hostel for students, owned by Marcin Nikuta. Converted into a military hospital by the French in 1806, between 1812 and 1817 it was abandoned and gradually fell into disrepair. During the November Uprising it was bought by the Polish government and refurbished to become a military hospital once again. Turned over to civilian authorities in 1836, it continued to be a hospital until 1859, when it was bought by the Musical Institute. It was there that both Stanisław Moniuszko and Ignacy Jan Paderewski received their education. In late 19th century an additional story was added and in 1913 a new, much larger seat for the Institute was built adjacent to the palace.
Destroyed by the Germans in the effect of the Warsaw Uprising of 1944, the building had been rebuilt by Mieczysław Kuzma between 1949 and 1954, while the ruins of the 1913 construction were demolished. Since then it has housed the Fryderyk Chopin Society.



http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...une_2010_b.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...une_2010_a.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi....jpg?uselang=p


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/272133.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/300592.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...une_2010_i.jpg


http://nazawszewarszawa.blogspot.com...f-chopina.html


http://nazawszewarszawa.blogspot.com...f-chopina.html


http://nazawszewarszawa.blogspot.com...f-chopina.html


http://chopin.museum/=files/foto/5/450/o/5289304.jpg


http://ocdn.eu/images/pulscms/Zjc7MD...4837634395.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/329688.jpg
__________________

Last edited by piotrus81; February 8th, 2015 at 10:35 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 03:03 PM   #334
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Time summary Masovian Voivodship

Except palaces from early first sides of this topic, probably I did not put all the palaces I tried to put the most interesting examples. But I would also make a note that in addition to these examples, there are still interesting palaces, which are waiting for their better time. as for example in Warsaw : Raczyński Palace, Branicki Palace Sapieha Palace, Andrzej Zamoyski Palace, Bruhl Palace in Młociny. Also Warsaw wainting for restoration Saski Palace Bruhl Palace Karaś Palace

outside Warsaw: Sobański Palace(in progress ), Studzieniec, Mała Wieś, Słubice(in progress), Zatory(in progress), Luszyn, Kozienice

It should also mention examples of the palaces of the XIX/XX century:
Warsaw: Palace of the Ministry of Revenues and Treasury, Palace of the Ministry of Treasury, Civic Resura, Sztasic Palace, Uruski Palace, Eliza Wielkopolska Palace, Konstanty Zamoyski Palace

outside Warsaw: Teresin, Passy, Goldstand Palace in Zaborów, Borkowice, Młochów, Zdunowo

---->Next Łódzkie and Holy Cross Voivodeships
__________________

Don Vito KurDeBalanz, Rombi liked this post

Last edited by piotrus81; February 9th, 2015 at 03:40 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 04:06 PM   #335
masoudfn
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 1

thanks
__________________

piotrus81 liked this post
masoudfn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 08:30 PM   #336
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Walewski Palace, Łowicz County, Łódzkie Voivodeship



The palace was built in the years 1773-1783 for the chamberlain of King Stanisław August Poniatowski - Anastazy Walewski. The palace was built in the classical style on the river Mroga design by Hilary Szpilowski. In May 4. 1810 was born in the palace son of Napoleon and Marie Walewska, Alexandre Colonna-Walewski later an ambassador of France in the United Kingdom and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Napoleon III.
In the mid-nineteenth century palace with the property passed into the hands of the family (Coat of arms Pomian) Grabiński who were his own until 1945. Expropriated by decree on land reform. Grabiński modernized and rebuilt palace in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century, established a half-horse stable (Anglo-Arabians), developed karakul breeding, fish farming giant (over 100 ha of ponds), potato starch factory and starch. The last owners of Walewice were papal chamberlain Stanisław Bohdan Grabiński with family.


http://www.walewice.pl/userdata/gale...=800&h=600&c=0


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi....JPG?uselang=p


http://res.wsiodle.lodzkie.pl/z_2/o_...ice_palac6.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...inal/69036.jpg


http://www.mapofpoland.pl/zdjecia-39...c-Walewice.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...inal/69037.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi....JPG?uselang=p

Napoleon's bedroom

http://static.poduszka.pl/big/6/177486.jpg


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...JPG?uselang=pl


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...JPG?uselang=pl


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...inal/69046.jpg


http://www.walewice.pl/userdata/gale...=800&h=600&c=0


http://www.walewice.pl/userdata/gale...=800&h=600&c=0


http://www.walewice.pl/userdata/gale...=800&h=600&c=0


http://www.walewice.pl/userdata/gale...=800&h=600&c=0


http://www.walewice.pl/userdata/gale...=800&h=600&c=0
__________________

Last edited by piotrus81; February 9th, 2015 at 10:54 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 08:52 PM   #337
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Kuyavian Bishops Palace in Wolbórz, Piotrków County, Łódzkie Voivodeship



The present palace was built in the Baroque style in the years 1768-1773, when he was under the rule of Wolbórz Bishop Ostrowski, designed by Italian architect Francesco Placidi the purpose of the summer residence of the Kuyavian Bishops after they moved out of Wolbórz castle.
Wolbórz palace was used by the bishops of Kujawy to 1818 years. Then it took the Government Commission of War of the Polish Kingdom, locating here in 1834 war invalids. Then, the former residence of the bishop became a barracks for two Russian rot, Polotsk Infantry Regiment (1910). This resulted in a significant devastation of the palace and park it deeper still burning in 1914-1918 during the First World War.
After 1920 years the palace was rebuilt, but his body distorting by adding dormers on the roof. Since 1937, it housed blustering labor camps. In September 1939, burnt down the south-eastern outbuilding palace. During World War II, the palace was occupied by Germans.
After 1945, it was used by the College of Agricultural, Orphanage and Pedagogical High School. In the years 1950-1961 was carried out general restaurant palace. Since 1967, the former residence of the bishops of Kujawy is the seat of the School of Agricultural Education Centre in Wolborz. The palace houses the museum chamber memorabilia history of Wolbórz. In recent years, the palace complex was subjected to conservation work.




http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img191/7096/95k9.jpg


http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img845/2490/qea5.jpg


http://imageshack.com/a/img838/3606/wck7.jpg


http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img203/2213/ae2r.jpg


http://imageshack.com/a/img842/5787/8qdx.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img824/831/i939.jpg
__________________

Roy Corduroy liked this post

Last edited by piotrus81; February 10th, 2015 at 09:03 PM.
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 11:30 PM   #338
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

Palace in Sokolniki, Wieruszów County, Łódzkie Voivodeship



The palace was built in Sokolniki in the second half of the eighteenth century, and its architect was Frederick Nax from Dresden. The initiator of the mansion was the owner of the county Sokolniki, judge the earth Poznan, Łukasz Bniński. Reconstruction of the palace was made in the nineteenth century. The residence has hosted Prince Frederick Augustus III, the titular ruler of the Duchy of Warsaw, established by Napoleon.
Next to the palace is also an outbuilding, built at the same time. The building is rectangular in shape, and from the side entrance has three projections. In the 80s of the twentieth century demolished eclectic granary, which was in very poor condition. Both buildings were from the first half of the nineteenth century. The entire palace complex is surrounded by a park with rare species of plants and trees.

Today, in a completely renovated palace is located hotel. The building is beautifully renovated, impressively lit at night. The interior had not survived the old look and feel.


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/448810.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/448812.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/448814.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/448815.jpg


http://images.polskaniezwykla.pl/use...nal/338309.jpg


http://www.saleweselne.com/media/tms...775927park.jpg


https://www.salebiznesowe.pl/images/...aczprzodu..jpg
__________________

Rombi, Roy Corduroy liked this post
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 02:48 PM   #339
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

next..
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 02:48 PM   #340
piotrus81
Registered User
 
piotrus81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław/Bierutów
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 241

..page -->
piotrus81 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
belarus, lithuania, poland, ukraine

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu