daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 1st, 2013, 02:43 AM   #961
Сталин
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1116

How is Dubai financing such large projects? I remember someone said it was once just a small fishing village?
Сталин no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:45 PM   #962
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 20138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisian Girl View Post
Sofitel The Palm to open this summer
http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/17.../#.UYFPMLV01ik
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:47 PM   #963
el palmesano
Roquetero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisian Girl View Post
Meydan, Sobha form JV for $5.7bn MBR City project

Quote:
by John Bambridge on May 1, 2013

[IMG]http://oi44.************/21aie7a.jpg[/IMG]
An aerial view of the overall masterplan for MBR City District One, its seven kilometres of waterways and 60% ratio of green and open space

[IMG]http://oi42.************/vdpw5y.jpg[/IMG]
Artist's rendition of the view over the retail and leisure component of the project

[IMG]http://i40.************/2whkqax.jpg[/IMG]
The placement of MBR City District One in relation to the rest of Dubai

Meydan Group has today announced the formation of a joint venture contractor with Sobha Group to develop a 400-ha residential development within Mohammed Bin Rashid City.

The 1,400-villa Mohammed Bin Rashid City District One will be built in four overlapping three-year phases over the course of seven years.

http://www.constructionweekonline.co.../#.UYFahrV01im
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:48 PM   #964
el palmesano
Roquetero

Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:39 AM   #965
skyscraperhighrise

Likes (Received): 1084

Build every last one of them.

Democrips and rebloodlicans aka democrats and republicans, two wings of the same bird of prey

thankfully i'm a libertarian constitutionalist.

#standwithrand

R.I.P. QuantumX, you will never be forgotten.
skyscraperhighrise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:08 AM   #966
Legomaniac

Likes (Received): 1955

Meanwhile in Dubai....

Will Dubai also be home to the next tallest tower in the world?

Dubai can accommodate a tower taller than Burj Khalifa, said Mohammed Alabbar, Chairman of Emaar Properties.

Dubai is already home to the world’s tallest tower Burj Khalifa, which attracts millions of visitor every year.

Speaking at a conference in Dubai on Wednesday, Alabbar said he’s considering to build a tower which will be taller than Burj Khalifa and the Kingdom Tower which is under construction in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

He said: "Technology has really improved the value of tall buildings which are really important commercially. We have learned how to make money out of tall buildings."

The Burj Khalifa, nestled in the world's largest mall, Dubai Mall, has become a major tourist attraction, and reaffirmed Dubai's name on the global tall towers map when it was unveiled in 2010.

Dubai is also home to the tallest residential skyscraper cluster in the world. Not only does Dubai boast of the tallest building in the world, the imposing Burj Khalifa, but also the tallest residential tower (Princess Tower), the tallest hotel in the world (JW Marriott Marquis Dubai), among many more.

According to Emporis, a global provider of building information, Dubai has 909 high-rise buildings , including 448 skyscrapers (comprising 40 floors or more).

According to SkyscraperPage.com, Dubai has 387 towers that are more than 99 metres in height, of which 84 are more than 202 metres tall and 26 are 301 metres or more in height.

Speaking at the Africa Global Business Forum 2013 being held in Dubai, Alabbar said Emaar will continue to launch new projects and properties on a regular basis.

Outlining Emaar’s vision, Alabbar said the property company intends to “keep launching projects every week,” and that the developer is doing all it can to control flipping of properties in the market. Flipping, or resale of off-plan properties at a higher rate to make quick gains, has been blamed for the property price crash of 2008-09.

Currently under construction, Kingdom Tower will overtake 830-metre tall Burj Khalifa to become the world’s tallest over the next five years.
Legomaniac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:21 PM   #967
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6556

Would be nice to see another 1000m tower going up, but a construction start for this is still many years away. No notion if it will ever be build.
The Azerbaijan tower is more realistic to me at the moment.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:53 PM   #968
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Well I wouldn't be so sure about that. After all emaar is a company that has build one wtb already so here at least we know they can pull it off if they really want. Azerbaijan Tower on the other hand is still a mystery to me. It's a tower still without an actual design and no announced talks about design competition to be build by a company that don't even have a proper up to date website. At least they are working on those islands so that makes them at least slightly serious. Of course they can always surprise us but up to now there is still little to believe in this project imo.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:05 PM   #969
bajanssen

Likes (Received): 48

How about the planned Al Burj? That is now cancelled but was supposed to be over 1km tall.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM   #970
patrykus

Let them first finish the islands projects they started (probably 10 years minimum). Before that happen imo there is no chance they will restart nakheel tower project
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:57 PM   #971
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 30021

I wanna see dubai city tower (2400m) erected in Dubai haha I know I'm daydreaming
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:24 PM   #972
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Let them first finish the islands projects they started (probably 10 years minimum). Before that happen imo there is no chance they will restart nakheel tower project
would be awesome if they would mean the nakheel tower with their 1000m+ project .
but let's wait and see what happens.

Chrissib liked this post
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:31 PM   #973
patrykus

Haha I don't think emaar will build nakheel tower

KillerZavatar, Munwon, HRP4Life liked this post
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:50 PM   #974
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Haha I don't think emaar will build nakheel tower
, of course....you're right
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:15 PM   #975
Marioma

Likes (Received): 688

Nakheel Tower will not be build. No News.... It was planned to build it on the Palm or near the Marina. First named Pinnacle, Al Burj, Nakheel.....
The Azerbaijan Tower is a myth .... Azerbaijan has no other super big building on the block.

Will Dubai gets a super Tourism Destination it has to build the Palms (Deira, Jebel Ali)
and build more houses on the Jumeirah Palm. Maybe finishing the Sports City... Dubailland is to big, something like this never launched on history.... But when it finished the same like on the Yas Island in Abu Dhabi with the Ferrari Theme Park.
Dubai must gets more people, in a 2million people City it is not rentable....
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #976
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legomaniac View Post

Dubai can accommodate a tower taller than Burj Khalifa, said Mohammed Alabbar, Chairman of Emaar Properties.
I don't hope so....dubai is more beautiful with one 800-meter tall tower than put more one taller tower.....
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #977
el palmesano
Roquetero

DUBAI | Meydan Tower | 400m+ | 1300ft+ | 111 fl | Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post

pictures on CTBUH, originally by architect

news on CTBUH:
http://www.ctbuh.org/News/GlobalTall...ory-Tower.aspx

pictures from architect:
http://www.architecture-studio.fr/en...dan_tower.html

Meydan Group to Launch 111-Story Tower

Dubai's Meydan Group is gearing up to launch its 111-story Meydan Tower in downtown Dubai, Emirates 24/7 reports. The company says construction on what would be the city's second tallest building will begin along Shikeh Zayed Road within the next six weeks.

Shikeh Zayed Road is also the location of the Burj Khalifa and Princess Tower.

The company reports that the tower, designed by Parisian firm Architecture Studio, will have office and retail spaces, serviced residences, spa and gym amenities and a boutique hotel.

-CTBUH news

////////////////////////

not sure if this is enough information or credible information for this building to deserve a thread, but for that height and since we already got pictures i don't think it should be ignored. I stay sceptical towards this, but wanted to share what i found, CTBUH themselves has not yet filled this building to their database although they themselves posted these news, so it is all just time to wait and see. Only a few days ago I also have read news that Emaar is planning to trump Kingdom Tower again in Dubai aswell, so are we in for a come-back of projects beyong imagination or is this a publicity stunt as big as a megatall?
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #978
el palmesano
Roquetero

Old May 4th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #979
el palmesano
Roquetero

Old May 4th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #980
el palmesano
Roquetero