daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 30th, 2015, 02:32 PM   #481
bifhihher

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisarut View Post
For domestic demands and connection with neighbor as there are a cross border railway service at Padang besar ...
BTW, DID you want high speed train that make a stop at every station and every stop like like local railways?

No, that wasn't me, as I want real high speed.
Although I must confess that one doesn't exclude the other, if there are enough sidings both can run on the same line.

As for your answer, India has broad gauge, China has standard gauge, so it's not clear cut.
I see it as lost opportunities and a bad decision from Thailand, as in 10 years time, when international rail transport will further grow, they'll have to redo the lines.
bifhihher está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2015, 03:05 PM   #482
Wisarut

Likes (Received): 2532

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifhihher View Post
Although I must confess that one doesn't exclude the other, if there are enough sidings both can run on the same line.

As for your answer, India has broad gauge, China has standard gauge, so it's not clear cut.
I see it as lost opportunities and a bad decision from Thailand, as in 10 years time, when international rail transport will further grow, they'll have to redo the lines.
Domestic demands will cover massive double tracking though - DOMESTIC DEMANDS MATTER as it is the main driving forces behind massive double tracking.
For the international link, Thai - China railway which can be upgraded to fully high speed of 300 kph later - the reason behind the lower speed than full high speed is due to the issue with budget - fully highs peed to connect Thailand and China is something trillion Baht question ...

OH, haven't I mentioned about the ongoing animosity between Thai - Japan railway to Chiang Mai vs Thai China railway to Nong Khai since the track sharing is out of question as Japanese would never accept this and it is going to be the serious bone of contention to the point that the traffic control station for Thai - China railway will have to be at Chiang Rak Noy since Japanese government to finance the construction of Bangsue Central will never allow the installation of Chinese traffic control at Bangsue Central. There will be a space constrain issue on the section within Bangkok Area (Bangsue Central - Donmueang) as red line commute have already gobbled the space and Thai - Japan railway to Chiang Mai and Airport Link extension to Donmueang going to gobbled even more space ...

BTW, it is not possible to run Thai - China railway on Airport link extension due to the fact that Airport link has been designed for narrow body rolling stocks (2.7 meter wide) while Chinese train is going to be 3.2 meter wide with 5 meter space between the train set (4.6 meter space for Shinkansen) - If you want to turn existing airport link track to accept Chinese train, it means the closure for major upgrading on both station platforms and the tracks which is not going to please.

Last edited by Wisarut; November 30th, 2015 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Addendum
Wisarut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 03:52 PM   #483
Codename B
Detective

Likes (Received): 15603

Quote:

To conclude. Thailand is still building meter gauge for the double tracking project, because this gauge is used by neighboring countries, and we can then still link our railway with them.

For High Speed Rail, it will be 1,435mm gauge.

Last edited by Codename B; November 30th, 2015 at 03:57 PM.
Codename B no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 06:07 PM   #484
Codename B
Detective

Thai-Chinese railway project on schedule
The Nation December 1, 2015 1:00 am

The 873-km Thai-Chinese railway project for the country's northeastern line got underway yesterday as scheduled, Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith said.

"The project was not delayed," he said, adding that even though more details would be added to the system design criteria work, everything was expected to be delivered within December.

As planned, the Thai-Chinese railway project will feature a double track with a standard gauge (1.435 metres), carrying trains with speeds of up to 200 km/hour for the Bangkok-Kaeng Khoi and Nakhon Ratchasima-Nong Khai-Kaeng Khoi-Map Ta Phut routes. The project is being developed as a government-to-government deal.

Arkhom said that after the ninth meeting between the two nations takes place in Bangkok on Thursday, the details on construction and financial costs as well as percentage of investments of each side should be revealed between January and February.

The railway project along the Lower East-West Corridor from Kanchanaburi to Laem Chabang via Bangkok and the Bangkok to Aranyaprathet route will have a total length of 574 km.

Also on a government-to-government basis, Thailand and Japan recently signed a memorandum of cooperation to improve the single-track railway, upgrade it to double track and develop two missing links between Kanchanaburi and Ban Nam Phu Ron for 26 km and between Aranyaprathet and Khlong Luek.

Arkhom said this project was important to both Thailand and Myanmar's strategic transport plans as it passes four special economic zones (SEZs): Myanmar's Dawie SEZ, Kanchanaburi SEZ, super cluster Eastern Seaboard, and Sa Kaeo SEZ.

The railway project will also link Myanmar's Dawei deep-sea port with the Laem Chabang deep-sea port in Thailand.

In January, Japan will acquire three 12-foot containers to try out the Nong Pladuk-Laem Chabang deep-sea port route.

After that, Thailand and Japan will form a joint venture for route operations and carriage procurement as well as upgrading the track from single to double.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/poli...-30274057.html
Old December 2nd, 2015, 04:11 AM   #485
tonii

Likes (Received): 3311

Quote:
Hi,

Why is Thailand still building meter gauge when they are laying new tracks when they could instantly future proof and help international links by going standard gauge?
Well that is not quite true. Most of meter guage project is just adding another track to support bi-direction on existing line. Not fully build the whole new network.

There are several factors you need to know

- Everyone around Thailand is still using meter guage. So the initial international link will require meter guage track network.

- Running a local train which will be used as a feeder (means it stop at every single small station) does not require standard guage. As it wont be able to do high speed. BTW Thailand expand this on meter guage only because we already use it. There is no point to rebuild the whole network or half expand the rest of network using standard guage. That doesnt make any sense and wasteful.

- Still , any fresh new line that require hi speed. It will use standard guage. Look at high speed train project detail.

- This is nothing new. It is exactly the same pattern as what was done in other country such as japan.

I guess you just get confused by the west-east corridor train news above. That is not part of any high speed train project that is happening. (But it always get mentioned as it is part of Thai-Japan rail network cooperation deal). Maybe it should get seperate to another thread for the sake of understanding.

George W. Bush liked this post

Last edited by tonii; December 2nd, 2015 at 04:22 AM.
tonii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2015, 06:32 PM   #486
tjrgx

Likes (Received): 2822

China, Thailand ink intergovernmental document on railway project

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._134882561.htm

BANGKOK, Dec. 3 (Xinhua) -- China and Thailand signed an intergovernmental framework document on railway cooperation here on Thursday, which serves as an important basis for future efforts to push forward the railway project.

The foundational document for the bilateral cooperation in constructing an 867-kilometer medium-speed railway line in Thailand was signed by Thai Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith and deputy head of China's National Development and Reform Commission Wang Xiaotao.

The signing ceremony was held at the ninth meeting of the Joint Committee on Railway Cooperation between the Thailand and China.

According to the document, the railway project, a dual-track line which uses 1.435-meter standard gauge with trains operating at top speeds of 160-180 kph, will be implemented in the form of EPC (engineering, procurement, construction), according to Chinese negotiators.

A joint venture will be set up in charge of part of the investment and railway operation, the statement said, adding the Chinese side will support Thailand in terms of technology licensing and transfer, human resources training, and financing.

A foundation stone laying ceremony for the railway project will be held later this month. Both sides are striving to speed up the process so that construction could start in May next year.

The railway project will significantly enhance connectivity between Thailand and China and boost economic growth in Thailand, especially in its northeastern part, according to the statement.

As an important part of the trans-Asian railway network, the project will potentially reinforce Thailand's position as a transport hub in the region and inject vitality into the economic development in the southwestern part of China.

In addition to the railway document, a contract was signed by the China National Cereals, Oils and Foodstuffs Corporation and the Foreign Trade Department of the Commerce Ministry of Thailand, under which the Chinese enterprise will purchase 1 million tons of newly-harvested rice from Thailand.

China's Sinochem and the Rubber Authority of Thailand also inked a purchase agreement, under which Thailand will sell 200,000 tons of natural rubber to the Chinese company.

The purchases will help propel the growth of the two countries' economic and trade ties while further promoting Thailand's rubber products in China and other major markets, the statement said.
tjrgx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2015, 06:50 PM   #487
Wisarut

Signing FOC on Thai - China railway with a price tag of 500 billion Baht - negotiation to cut down the interest rates from 2.5% per year still raging on as BOT and Ministry of Finance insisting to Chinese government that the interest rate can be cut down to 2% a year or less according to the calculation of both BOT and Ministry of Finance.

For the issue on the cost overrun to reach that 560 Billion Baht, it is due to the construction of Ban Phachi station, the main junction for the train to the Northern line and Northeastern line to allow the traffic control for Thai - China Railway to Nong Khai and Thai - Japan railway

the main focal point for the first phase is

Section 1 BKK - Kaeng Khoi (133 km) - additional station at Ban Phachi
Section 3 Kaeng khoi - Nakhon Ratchasima (138.5 km) - additional station around Dong Phraya Yen

since the final first phase is 80% done to be delivered by the end of December 2015 and the construction can be started in 2016

For the section section, the design is 50% done including

Section 2 Kaeng Khoi - Map Taphut (246.5 km)
Section 4 Nakhon Ratchasima - Nong Khai 355 km)

Ceremony held at Chiang Rak Noy station which is the main traffic control station for Thai - China railway as Japanese government will never allow Chinese to set up control station at Bangsie central
http://manager.co.th/iBizChannel/Vie...=9580000133800
Old December 8th, 2015, 12:34 AM   #488
Wisarut

High Speed train from BKK to Rayong with a price tag of 155,774 Million and BKK to Hua Hin with a price tag of 94,673 Million baht gone too slow - need to speed up to get the bidding
in 2016
http://www.manager.co.th/iBizChannel...=9580000134826
Old December 17th, 2015, 01:22 AM   #489
Codename B
Detective

The train that is expected to be used for the Thai-Chinese line is CRH2G. The train is capable of running 250 km/h and has eight-car train that can seats 613 passengers.

For cargo transport, they will use HXD38 and HXD3C with a maximum speed of 120 km/h and can carry 8,000 tons of goods.

Credit: khun Richart Miyer

Wisarut liked this post

Last edited by Codename B; December 17th, 2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old December 19th, 2015, 01:57 PM   #490
Codename B
Detective

Groundbreaking ceremony for the Thai-Chinese High Speed Train at Chiang Rak Noi Station, Ayutthaya Province.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNXWORLD View Post
ไทย-จีน ร่วมปักธง

โครงการความร่วมมือรถไฟ ไทย-จีน โดยมีพลอากาศเอกประจิน จั่นตอง รองนายกรัฐมนตรี และนายหวัง หย่ง (H.E. Mr. Wang Yong) มนตรีแห่งรัฐจีน พร้อมคณะผู้บริหารจากทั้งสองฝ่าย ร่วมทำสัญลักษณ์การเริ่มต้นโครงการความร่วมมือรถไฟ ไทย – จีน ที่สถานีรถไฟเชียงรากน้อย อ.บางปะอิน จ.พระนครศรีอยุธยา

บีบีซีไทย - BBC Thai

Munwon liked this post

Last edited by Codename B; December 19th, 2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old December 19th, 2015, 08:12 PM   #491
Wisarut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename B View Post
Groundbreaking ceremony for the Thai-Chinese High Speed Train at Chiang Rak Noi Station, Ayutthaya Province.

บีบีซีไทย - BBC Thai
I have been there that day - wait until I have finished uploading my photographs
Old December 19th, 2015, 11:30 PM   #492
tjrgx

Quote:
I have been there that day - wait until I have finished uploading my photographs

Fantastic! I am especially interested in the tech aspect of it, e.g. Route map, etc. Thank you in advance!
Old December 20th, 2015, 09:52 AM   #493
Wisarut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrgx View Post
Fantastic! I am especially interested in the tech aspect of it, e.g. Route map, etc. Thank you in advance!
I have been to Chiang Rak noy to observe the ceremony of starting Thai - Chian Railway

Chinese section - Kunming - Yuzi - Puer - Jinhong - Mohan

Lao Section - Boten - Mueang Xai - Luang Phrabang - Veng Vieng - Phone Hong - Viengchan - Tha Nalaeng East

Thai section - Nong Khai - Udonthani - Khon Kaen - Ban Phai - Bua Yai - nakhon Ratchasima - Pak Chong - Kaeng Khoi - Saraburi - Ayutthaya - Chiang Rak Noy - Donmueang - and Bangsue Central

From the details - they need to dig Muak Lek tunnel - Pakchong Tunnel and Klong Phai tunnel along with the erection of elevated tracks across the rivers and the urban area within city municipals

Details on Thai - China railway

List of stations from Bangsue Central all the way to Nong Khai with more stop to load containers of rice, sugar, fruits, para rubber products and so on to feed Chinese's demands.

List of the section from Kaeng Khoi - Chachoeng sao - Chonburi - Pataya and Maptaphut - stop at km 69 [bifurcation point on Sattahip line for the future chord line connect Eastern line and Sattahip line] to become Chachoengsao East) on the eastern bank of Ban pakong river rather than downtown Chachoengsao city - and they are going to convert bang kwang stop at km 67 + 140 Eastern line into Chachoengsao North station

the rest can be seen here:
http://portal.rotfaithai.com/modules...ewtopic&t=6800

tjrgx liked this post

Last edited by Wisarut; December 20th, 2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason: corrrecting
Old December 20th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #494
tjrgx

Quote:
I have been to Chiang Rak noy to observe the ceremony of starting Thai - Chian Railway

the rest can be seen here:
A lot of valuable info! Thanks!
Old December 20th, 2015, 10:05 PM   #495
Wisarut

the front and back cover of the pamphlet for the Thailand- China launch railway project - the content inside will be shown in either Monday Afternoon or evening
http://portal.rotfaithai.com/modules...=284818#284818

Last edited by Wisarut; December 28th, 2015 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Addendum
Old December 21st, 2015, 06:26 PM   #496
Wisarut

19 December 2015 - Thai - China Railway starting the cooperation at Chiang Rak Noy station
https://www.facebook.com/pichet.cham...2231436&type=3
http://www.thairath.co.th/content/551379
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=YQPo5bnbzRo
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0353608&type=3
http://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/368072
http://manager.co.th/Local/ViewNews....=9580000139099
http://manager.co.th/iBizChannel/Vie...=9580000139089

Here is my own account for Thai - China Railway at Chiang Rak Noy station

there is an issue of cost overrun on Thai Chinese railway to reach 530000 - 560000 Million Baht due to the different way for calculating the wage - Thai government insisting 300 Baht daily wage nationwide while Chinese government insisting 800 Baht daily wage nationwide while the government explaining that this is due to the fact that Chinese want all sections of Thai - China railway to be construction as soon as possible - without waiting period - so, Thailand needs more Chinese investment to cut down the financial stress - This cost overrun issue need to be settled so as to start the project in May 2016 - MoT explains that the cost overrun is due to Kaeng Khoi - Map Taphut section which is the extra section
http://www.prachachat.net/news_detai...sid=1450676862
http://www.posttoday.com/biz/gov/405763
http://www.nationtv.tv/main/content/...ess/378482096/
http://www.manager.co.th/Home/ViewNe...=9580000139191
http://manager.co.th/Home/ViewNews.a...=9580000139191
http://manager.co.th/iBizChannel/Vie...=9580000139384
http://www.prachachat.net/news_detai...sid=1450676862
http://manager.co.th/Daily/ViewNews....=9580000139344

Both Democrat men (the one who got Ph.D. on transportation from Japan - the Arch-rival to Thai - China Railway) along with PT-UDD propaganda now playing political football against Junta on the issue of the cost overrun to 530000-560000 Million Baht
http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detai...sid=1450501548
https://www.facebook.com/stopfaketha...17660734997343
https://www.facebook.com/Dr.Samart/p...type=3&theater

Now, CCTV paying serious attention to Thai - China Railway inauguration at Chiang Rak Noy station
http://www.xinwenlb.com/xwpd/20151219_32899.html
http://www.xwlb.com.cn/3668.html
http://www.kankanews.com/a/2015-12-19/0017293598.shtml
http://www.kankanews.com/a/2015-12-19/0017293452.shtml
http://www.kankanews.com/a/2014-12-05/0016030154.shtml
http://www.kankanews.com/a/2015-12-20/0017293762.shtml

Now Xinhua, and other Chinese News sources paying serious attention to Thai - China Railway inauguration at Chiang Rak Noy station
http://news.xinhuanet.com/world/2015..._128550713.htm
http://news.xinhuanet.com/world/2015...28550713_2.htm
http://www.chinanews.com/m/gj/2015/12-19/7678695.shtml
http://news.sina.com.cn/c/2015-12-19...=1&r=a&rfunc=2
http://news.sina.com.cn/c/nd/2015-12...k7404362.shtml
http://learning.sohu.com/20151221/n432058015.shtml
http://www.newlifepost.com/archives/124590.html
http://www.chinatimes.com/realtimene...0002934-260409
http://global.dwnews.com/news/2015-12-20/59704624.html
http://www.kangbatv.com/kbtv2014_XW/..._2632119.shtml
http://epaper.jinghua.cn/html/2015-1...ent_263850.htm
http://www.yopin8.com/wangluo/16812.html
http://news.jstv.com/a/20151220/1450575470400.shtml
http://politics.people.com.cn/n1/201...-27950551.html
Baidu starting to mention about Thai - China railway in details
http://baike.baidu.com/item/%E4%B8%A...93%81%E8%B7%AF

Even Chinese editor starting to raise an issue whether Japanese government is planning a conspiracy to undermine Thai - China railway as those PT-UDD mouthpieces and Democrat men (the one who got Ph.D. in Japan) have implied
https://www.powerapple.com/news/chan...1/2544215.html

21 December 2015 - Starting Hatyai - Padang besar shuttle services along with the opening of Padang besar 2 station (Padang besar [Thai])
http://www.prachachat.net/news_detai...sid=1450687461
https://www.facebook.com/pr.railway/...14618951886307
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=QArJnhOWmOY
https://www.facebook.com/trafficsrt/...52252561558926
https://www.facebook.com/jumsrt/posts/995042453867389
https://www.facebook.com/trafficsrt/...51995461584636
http://manager.co.th/South/ViewNews....=9580000139516
http://railtravelstation.com/2015/12...shuttle-train/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
http://manager.co.th/Home/ViewNews.a...=9580000139154
http://thainews.prd.go.th/website_th...C5812200010018

Last edited by Wisarut; December 22nd, 2015 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Addendum
Old December 21st, 2015, 08:28 PM   #497
Codename B
Detective

Bangkok - Nongkhai section with 250 km/h will take 179.4 minutes and with an average speed of 202.2 km/h.

The train that is expected to be used is the new CRH2G that is capable of running a maximum speed of 250 km/h

HXD3B & HXD3C will be used for cargo transport with a maximum speed of 120 km/h.

http://www.thansettakij.com/2015/12/21/22356

https://www.facebook.com/pr.railway/

StarryVortex, dimlys1994 liked this post

Last edited by Codename B; December 22nd, 2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 03:36 PM   #498
Codename B
Detective

Bang Sue Grand Station

Credit: Khun Jetnipat Adpacth

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old December 28th, 2015, 12:05 PM   #499
Codename B
Detective

Bangkok set to be China's rail hub
Thai-Sino railway deal just part of an ambitious China plan which covers the region
28 Dec 2015 at 04:30 | WRITER: AMORNRAT MAHITTHIROOK

China has an ambitious plan to establish three rail routes called the "Pan-Asia Railway Network" to foster rail connections between the country and mainland Southeast Asian nations, with Bangkok serving as the hub.

Thailand and China have reached an agreement to build the 845km double-track rail routes that cover the Bangkok-Kaeng Khoi-Nakhon Ratchasima-Nong Khai section, and the Kaeng Khoi-Map Ta Phut section.

The sections are only part of the Pan-Asia Railway Network's central route, which runs from the southwestern Chinese city of Kunming, through Laos, Thailand and Malaysia and ends at Singapore.

Speaking of the Thai-Shino rail development, a Transport Ministry source said consultancy firms are in the process of drafting the design and the investment plan.

The cost will be finalised in February next year and the construction will commence in May as planned, the source said.

Officials are studying the investment model, with China likely to scale up its proposed investment in the project, including rail operation, signal system installation, construction and civil work.

Earlier, the talks hit snags, with China offering an interest rate for project financing higher than the government anticipated. The two sides have yet to reach an agreement, with the government now looking at exploring other financing options. The Finance Ministry is in charge of the matter.

State Railway of Thailand (SRT) governor Wutthichart Kalayanamitr said Thailand will be responsible for civil work and electricity supply, while China will deal with tunnel digging, rail bridge construction and track laying on hill slopes.

Concerning the rail operation system, he said China will be in charge of railway engineering work, the installation of signal and communication systems as well as drive and control operations, while Thailand will deal with the sourcing and transport of construction materials.

The governor said the eight-car CRH2G passenger trains will run on the line with a maximum speed of 250 km/h. A train can accommodate 613 people. HXD3B and HXD3C electric locomotives will be used to carry cargo trains at 120 km/h.

According to the source, the trains could run from Bangkok to Nong Khai in 229.5 minutes at a speed of 180 km/h.

If the speed is geared up to 250 km/h, the trains could complete the route in 179.4 minutes.

The routes will extend from Nong Khai to Tha Na Laeng in Laos, the starting point of a 418km rail link between Laos and China. The railways go from Tha Na Laeng through Vientiane and Luang Prabang and ends at Boten, the town bordering China.

A Sino-Laos joint venture will build this Lao rail route, set for a late 2020 launch.

The lines will extend to China at Mohan in Yunnan province, the starting point of a 553km route leading to Kunming.

Of the route, a 49.3km section will stretch from Kunming to Yuxi, for which construction is projected to wrap up this month. Another 504km section will run from Yuxi to Mohan.

Work on this section started in August this year and will take six years.

The 4,500km central route stretching from Kunming to Singapore is only one of the three China rail plans under the Pan-Asia Railway Network.

Another is on the western front. This line will run trains from Kunming to Singapore through Myanmar, Thailand and Malaysia with a total distance of 4,760km.

The final one is on the eastern side, running from Kunming, through Yuxi, Mengzi and leaving China at Hekou town bordering Vietnam.

They then pass through Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia and end at Singapore with 5,500km in total distance.

The central route is the shortest and would handle cargo transport from Yunnan to Thailand, according to officials. The route is expected to spur trade between Thailand and China.

The eastern route, meanwhile, takes advantage of the existing railways in Vietnam.

When the rail line between Yuxi and Mengzi is completed, the Sino-Vietnamese rail link will be established. This will be the the first part of the Pan-Asia Railway Network route to get off ground.

The western line offers access to the Dawei deep-sea port and industrial state in Myanmar. In the future, Dawei will serve as a commercial hub linking the Indian Ocean, the Middle East, Europe and Africa.

The Pan-Asia Railway Network is likely to spur trade, cultural exchanges and economic development between China and the Indochinese region, the ministry source said.

Under the network, where three rail routes pass through Bangkok, the Thai capital will become the key strategic location in the region.

Chinese cargo can be loaded onto ships in the Gulf of Thailand at ports in Bangkok and Cambodia when the network is completed.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...ia-rail-routes
Old December 28th, 2015, 04:10 PM   #500
SamuraiBlue

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename B View Post
Bangkok set to be China's rail hub
Thai-Sino railway deal just part of an ambitious China plan which covers the region
28 Dec 2015 at 04:30 | WRITER: AMORNRAT MAHITTHIROOK

China has an ambitious plan to establish three rail routes called the "Pan-Asia Railway Network" to foster rail connections between the country and mainland Southeast Asian nations, with Bangkok serving as the hub.

snip

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...ia-rail-routes
Who is going to pay for this cockamamie scheme?

Beijing?

If so then I believe Malaysia and Singapore should stop all plans and have the Chinese build it for them free of charge.
SamuraiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote