daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #21
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244609

Great, awesome shots of Miami at night, @QuantumX

QuantumX liked this post
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #22
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
Great, awesome shots of Miami at night, @QuantumX
Thanks, Christos! See my comments to Dan Martin 1985 below. I guess that's his year of birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmartin1985 View Post
good attempts....few are great and some still lack clarity. did you mounted your cam on a tripod?
seriously, the city really looks very nice at night with all those lights.
I am shooting with the new 24.1 MP Nikon D5200. I don't recommend the camera because it does not seem to have the sensor that should go with a 24.1 MP camera. I can get more vivid and colorful night shots, but the camera is very susceptible to the slightest bit of motion, even a gentle breeze, and some of these shots are taken from a bridge with traffic shaking the bridge.

Yes, I use a tripod, set my timer, and take multiple shots of one angle at a time to account for the motion in order to get a clean one out of the sequence. The ones that lack clarity are here because there is still something there that I want you to see, whether it is the angle or the perspective. I've taken enough great photos in my day to not concern myself with whether anyone thinks I'm a great photographer or not.

"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #23
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmartin1985 View Post
good attempts....few are great and some still lack clarity. did you mounted your cam on a tripod?
seriously, the city really looks very nice at night with all those lights.
Here is one from the bridge where you can see the rail. Very difficult shot with the traffic going by behind me. Some of these others though are actually in my ************ portfolio and getting approved by ************ is not easy.

image hosted on flickr

CSC_0160 by QuantumX, on Flickr
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old May 12th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #24
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0315 by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Old May 19th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #25
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Nikon D5200

Everything on the second page now is what was taken with the my new camera, a Nikon D5200.

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0152 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0150 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0154 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

CSC_0080 by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

christos-greece liked this post
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #26
karlvan

Likes (Received): 313

most of your night shots are okay. as I was reading some of your remarks, I believe you can get use to your new cam and someday, sometime you can come up a perfect shot.
have fun.
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #27
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlvan View Post
most of your night shots are okay. as I was reading some of your remarks, I believe you can get use to your new cam and someday, sometime you can come up a perfect shot.
have fun.
You don't see one here? Are you being sarcastic? Some of the shots taken with the old camera are actually in my ************ portfolio. ************ is tough.

My photo threads:

Old May 25th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #28
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11255

First time commenting on your gorgeous collection—after a few visits—and Miami at night, to me, rivals Las Vegas in many aspects, especially the towers that have changing light colors every several seconds or so, and I especially love that building where its lights change from green to orange to blue in just a blink of an eye! Competing on the background, though, I see a tricolor movement of colors that seem to complement each other, contrasting between a solid color for the tall rectangular building and multiple colors for the stepped-up building (perhaps I'll need to know those buildings so that I can describe them better). Most of all, those sunset shots facing the water and the business district looks great, especially the close up shots: it's like I can see San Francisco (only this is the 305, not the 415) in the distance, with all the office and tower lights illuminating like magic!

To me, this is a thread I'd definitely love coming back to often to check out nighttime Miami from various perspectives. It sure rivals Vegas in color, and New York or San Francisco in terms of heights and distance. Splendid work!

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #29
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
First time commenting on your gorgeous collection—after a few visits—and Miami at night, to me, rivals Las Vegas in many aspects, especially the towers that have changing light colors every several seconds or so, and I especially love that building where its lights change from green to orange to blue in just a blink of an eye! Competing on the background, though, I see a tricolor movement of colors that seem to complement each other, contrasting between a solid color for the tall rectangular building and multiple colors for the stepped-up building (perhaps I'll need to know those buildings so that I can describe them better). Most of all, those sunset shots facing the water and the business district looks great, especially the close up shots: it's like I can see San Francisco (only this is the 305, not the 415) in the distance, with all the office and tower lights illuminating like magic!

To me, this is a thread I'd definitely love coming back to often to check out nighttime Miami from various perspectives. It sure rivals Vegas in color, and New York or San Francisco in terms of heights and distance. Splendid work!
Thank you! I've lived in the San Francisco, and the view across the bay from Virginia Key and the Rickenbacker Causeway are very reminiscent of crossing the San Francisco Transbay Bridge to me. If you ever visit Miami, I highly recommend that drive across the Rickenbacker Causeway on the way to Key Biscayne because driving back, it is so reminiscent of crossing the San Franscisco Transby Bridge from Oakland into San Francisco. It is the city's best angle.

As I said in the beginning of the thread, it took me awhile to get into shooting at night because I just didn't think it would appeal to me, but now I really enjoy putting the different colored lights together and creating patterns out of the light.

The half wedding cake-shaped building is the Miami Tower. It recently had a computerized state-of-the-art LED system installed and can put on a light show like a kaleidascope. Here on the website, it was recently voted the 5th Best Illuminated building in the world. The other building that stays more of a solid color is the Brickell Financial Center.

There is more under construction and more planned, so the light show at night will get even better.

My photo threads:

Old May 26th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #30
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0421 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

CSC_0454 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

CSC_0455 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

CSC_0452 by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

openlyJane, christos-greece liked this post
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #31
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244609

And your night photos, are very nice as well
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #32
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
And your night photos, are very nice as well
Thanks, Christos! Notice the color pattern in the Miami Tower above. I guess that's for Memorial Day.

image hosted on flickr

CSC_0407 by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Old June 4th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #33
AllanGoodwin

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Thanks, Musiccity! There is more under construction now with more led light projects scheduled to start later this year and next year. Unlike Dubai, we have 1,010 feet height limit for downtown Miami

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
not bad at all. Wonderful pics man. i would love to visit and enjoy time of my life..Thanks for these gorgeous pics

Last edited by AllanGoodwin; June 5th, 2013 at 08:42 AM.
AllanGoodwin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 04:45 AM   #34
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Thank you! More of the Miami skyline is being built even as we speak.

My photo threads:

Old June 8th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #35
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11255

I didn't catch this photo from your first page... but this is truly stunning:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX

image hosted on flickr
I can't believe that the skyline of Miami can be that colorful... even the bridge bears a blue and white color to it, contrasting to a bright gold yellow on one building, while another has long strings of LED lights that emit a rainbow of colors. It's really something I must say does not really exist here in San Francisco (unless you start telling about the recent LED installation on the Bay Bridge). Those colorful lights truly add brightness and vibrancy to an already attractive metro area, and I am delighted to subscribe to a nighttime collection thread!

Superb work indeed... I'm already looking forward to more of your night shots!

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #36
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
I didn't catch this photo from your first page... but this is truly stunning:

I can't believe that the skyline of Miami can be that colorful... even the bridge bears a blue and white color to it, contrasting to a bright gold yellow on one building, while another has long strings of LED lights that emit a rainbow of colors. It's really something I must say does not really exist here in San Francisco (unless you start telling about the recent LED installation on the Bay Bridge). Those colorful lights truly add brightness and vibrancy to an already attractive metro area, and I am delighted to subscribe to a nighttime collection thread!

Superb work indeed... I'm already looking forward to more of your night shots!
Thanks! You might have to wait until we get more skyline though!

My photo threads: