daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 10th, 2013, 07:22 AM   #1
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

MIAMI | River Front Parcel 5-6 - ex Cima | 283m | 928ft | ? fl | App

A site where a 52 story condo tower was once proposed has been sold to a new developer who plans a much larger development. Renders for the 800 foot tower are unavailable. A name change is also imminent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously as Cima River Front:

And as previously proposed in 2007:

image hosted on flickr

cima-miami-1 by otramsturismo, on Flickr

=================================================================

exMiami

Quote:
The Cima condominium project in downtown Miami was scrapped years ago, but now could be revived.

The owners submitted plans to the FAA last week for permission to build a 605 foot tower using the Cima name. The property is currently owned by a Great Neck, NY conglomerate called First Quality.

Update: property is said to have been sold, see below:

Quote:
Colliers oversaw the sale of this piece from Great Neck owners mentioned, took best offers approximately 6 weeks ago, if I recall, maybe a bit more. Larry Stockton was the broker who oversaw everything. Deal is currently under contract I believe around $27MM. Harvey Hernandez/Newguard involved.
---
No word if existing design will be used or if new design coming. The 605 ft. tower is approved.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by desertpunk; January 17th, 2015 at 01:24 AM.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #2
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Newgard Advances Plans For Cima Site

exmiami

Quote:
We reported in April that an agreement to sell the site of the proposed Cima condominium tower had been reached, and that the new buyer was working to revive the old plans.

We now have confirmation that Newgard Development is currently advancing plans to build on the site – although a sale has not yet closed. Newgard is building two other downtown projects – Brickell House and Centro.

Newgard’s recently submitted plans call for 605 foot condo tower on the Cima site – which is identical in size to what was originally planned at the site.

Old July 12th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28147

it deserves a 2nd chance.

Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #4
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Developer Plans 800-Foot Tower On $60m Riverfront Parcel

Quote:
An 800-foot residential tower could soon be coming to the Riverfront Parcel on property where the Cima condo tower was once planned, according to the broker who sold the land.

New York’s Kar Properties spent nearly $60 million buying up the Riverfront property, including $27.5 million last year for the site where the Cima condo tower was once planned, and another $33.1 for the northern portion of the property (that transaction closed lat week). Kar is led by Shahab Karmely.

A MUSP that permitted thousands of units along with retail and office space was approved for the site in 2004, and three condo towers were built. Kar will build 1,426 units on the remainder of the site, including the 800-foot tower, a broker told the SFBJ.

More:

Quote:
Developer pays $33M for Miami River site, 1,426 units planned

A New York developer paid $33.1 million for a property on the Miami River so it could expand the size of its mixed-use Miami River Village project.

Colliers International South Florida brokers Larry Stockton, Alex Morcate and Jeff Resnick represented the sellers Riverfront Parcel 5 and 6 LLLP, an affiliate of Paulo Melo’s Integra Investments, in selling the 2.97-acre site at 300 South Miami Ave. It was acquired by MRP Parcel 5 and 6 LLC, an affiliate of New York-based Kar Properties, led by Shahab Karmely.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...ite-1-426.html

Old May 5th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #5
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post

Wow !! Desertpunk, This Is Great News, But 800 Feet, Just To Close To The South Runway Path, But You Know Me, I'm Always Wrong Our SSC Friendly Family North American Forums Moderator and Friend
This Is Going To Be a Big Decision Made By The FAA, They Will Not, IMO Please God , i Hope I'm Wrong, Approved This Lonely Tower At That Height Next To Its Sister Towers At At Least 699 Feet From Sea Level, But Please, I Hope I'm Wrong Again, We'll Soon See, Look Thjb The Photo There, Just Too High To The West Of The Tallest Tower In Downtown, The " Wells Fargo Financial Center " at 756 Feet, There's A Lot Of Doubt In My Mind, But I'm Just Crazy About Seeing This Approved By The FAA ??

Let's Go Miami Cranes !!
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:58 PM   #6
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

I wish someone would build an 800 foot tower directly ON the south runway just to stick it to the FAA!

Old May 18th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #7
Gendo

Likes (Received): 77

Interesting design, but they really failed on the perspective in the rendering. lol

Gendo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 01:22 AM   #8
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Karmely To Unveil ‘Aesthetically Pleasing’ Condo Tower On Cima Site This Spring

Quote:
A new condo project located on the former Cima site on the Miami River will soon be announced.

Persian-American developer Shahab Karmely told TRD that he will unveil the project this spring. It will be designed by a renowned architect, with ‘amenitized living and lifestyle features.’ Extra care is being taken on details such as soundproofing, light exposure, ceiling height and elevator experience.

The tower would rise to a height of 928-feet, according to an application submitted to the FAA last month. Construction could begin by late 2015 or early 2016.

Could be great!

Tags
cima river front, miami, river front parcel 5-6