SkyscraperCity Forum banner

MANGALURU | Suburban Projects and Developments

179K views 1K replies 28 participants last post by  avi mangalore 
#1 ·
Hi friends this thread is dedicated to the discussions related to the formation of Greater Mangalore
We shall have lots of discussions about Greater Mangalore.
All the news related to the suburban areas like Mulky,Ullal,Thalapady,Kinnigoli,Bantwal,Kaikamba,Mudipu and other suburban areas and the pics of the suburban areas to be included here.So that we can encourage more forumers to discuss about the formation of Greater Mangalore.
And I am optimistic few years down the line Greater Mangalore will be realised.
Guys contribute to this thread and I will do my best to keep this thread active.
Avi please add your wonderful pics of suburban Mangalore here:)

#2 ·
Mangalore city corporation should include the areas like Mulky,Ullal,Thalapady,Kaikamba,Mudipu,Kinnigoli,Bajpe and other fast developing suburbs into its limits.
This will realise the formation of Greater Mangalore and I see a bright future for Mangalore in such a massive development.
The infrastructure in these suburban areas should be improved and there should be a planned development in these suburban towns that will take the burden off from the CBD areas.
In all a master plan should be prepared for Greater Mangalore and the development should be in a planned way.
And I guess the area of Greater Mangalore will be more than 700 sq kms after this that will take Mangalore to a new high:cheers:

#4 ·
MCC limit to be extended till mulki in north,bajape/kaikamba in north east, bantwal in the east,talapadi in south,konaje/mudipu in south east..
There you are my dear friend:)
That is what the need of the hour for massive development of Mangalore and I wish soon there will be a news on this.
Finally I got someone who is supporting me:)
All the areas listed by you should be in MCC limits including Ullal and Kinnigoli,then Mangalore will be a huge city of almost 700 sq kms and there will be increase in population and it may reach a million mark at least.
This will lead to the Greater Mangalore a megacity on the westcoast:cheers:

#5 · (Edited)
There was news regarding inclusion of Fast Developing suburb Kaikamba and some more areas like Chelyaru,Bala,Haleyangadi into the city corporation limits.Dont know what happened to this.
Mulky and Ullal can very much become the part of MCC at the earliest,this will propel City Corporation limits to 304 sq km this will definitely pave the way for creation of Greater Mangalore making more areas getting added into the MCC limits:nuts:
Eagerly waiting for this to happen.

#6 ·
ullal town is not ready to pay water bills. ullal wants free water at mcc cost.
rich busisnessmen of thokkottu mudipu belt are not ready to pay extra property tax.
none in suburbs ready to loose central and state government given benefits of not joing mcc.

delhi metro corporation is already split into smaller bodies.
in bangalore they want to split administration into to many smaller ones.
planning only will be consolidated by a special planning body in these cities.
already we have muda which have a larger area to plan than what mcc is ruling.
and coastal development authority which is more focused on mangalore-udupi regional development.
and coastal development authority's role beyond udupi towards uttara kannada more or less zero.

now tell me what you want?
doesn't coastal development authority already act as a planner for greater mangalore?

#7 ·
^^
Thanks for your valid inputs Otte Bisile.
Actually I dont know the ground reality of those suburbs as why these suburbs are not part of MCC as I am not based at Mangalore.
Well thanks for your info and like every die hard Mangalorean I wish our Mangalore develops rapidly including suburbs and there is Greater Mangalore for us:)
Well Mulky was part of MCC in 90's and it was split from MCC and a separate town panchayath was formed:bash:
If it was in MCC then I think it would have prospered better.
Anyways no use of thinking about past.
Otte Bisile can you tell me whether the suburban areas like Ullal,Deralakatte,Talapady,Thokkotu,Ullal,Bajpe qualify to be part of MCC??
And yes Coastal Development authority can be looked as a administration body for Greater Mangalore.

#8 ·
Dear Suj
Greater Mangalore was first proposed in the 80's to include areas like Baikampady ,Kulai etc. There was lot of publicity but then these areas were included in MUDA then As far as I know Mulki was never a part of MCC. There was a strong proposal.It had the blessings of some politicians but MCC turned it down. Anyway by then lots of areas were added to MCC like Mukka ,Pilikula area etc. Surprisngly Ullal despite its close proximity to Mangalore has never been included in MCC. What we do not want is creation of non functioning organisations that basically serve the same purpsose.Many regions are reluctant to join MCC because that would mean paying higher taxes! Too large a area also could become problematic to govern.There is no quick fix here.Although I tll like a big Mangalore one has to think about practicalities of governing such a big area.

Reactions: Suj Mangalore
#9 ·
Having greater Mangalore will only benefit our politicians.. Bigger the size more is the fund flow..

Just like our Otte Bisale states, Having CDA and MUDA is sufficient to provide infrastructure, then we have to strengthen the TMC and CMCs of Ullal, Mulki and Bantwal..

Development of Bantwal will be exponential if Congress comes to power and Ramanath Rai gets a cabinet berth, He is very influential and one should remember he was the one responsible for Nationalisation of Highways towards BC Road and ahead, and we are seeing one of the profit making routes in KSRTC.

#13 ·
Mangalore North:
Mulky
Haleyangadi
Mangalore South:
Thokkottu
Thalapady
Mangalore South west:
Ullal
Mangalore South east:
Deralakatte
Konaje
Natekal
Mudipu
Mangalore North east:
Kinnigoli
Mangalore East:
Kaikamba-Gurupura
The above areas should be added into MCC limits as early as possible.
I dont know the exact directions,sorry if some areas are misinterpreted in different directions:tongue2:
Friends just update some more areas into the list which can be very much the part of MCC.

#26 ·
^^
Another Industrial Area in the making almost about 20 kms away from the city:nuts:
The thing is lot of developments are happening in the outskirts of the city and these suburban towns are developing at a fast pace and needed to included in the corporation limits:)