daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 27th, 2017, 02:28 AM   #181
Galro
Humanity through Urbanity

Likes (Received): 9781

Another Lillestrøm development planned next to the train station.

Brko liked this post
Galro no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2017, 02:31 AM   #182
Galro

A yet another new city block in Lillestrøm. I believe this one should be under construction now.

Old April 27th, 2017, 02:34 AM   #183
Galro

A re-development plan for Gunerius mall in central Oslo:

Old April 27th, 2017, 02:40 AM   #184
Galro

Two city blocks to be built at Bekkestua (another oslo suburb):

http://www.lsa.no/nyheter/
Old April 27th, 2017, 02:45 AM   #185
Galro

A not particularly attractive tower proposed at Nydalen in Oslo. It replaces a development for a much slimmer tower that was actually approved but never built due to sudden lack of profitability.

Old April 27th, 2017, 03:08 AM   #186
Galro

Infill development in Parkvein behind the royal castle with Lund Hagem as the architects.

Old April 27th, 2017, 03:14 AM   #187
Galro

Munch Brygge, a housing development behind the opera and next to the under construction Munch museum (hence the cheesy name).

GGJ16 liked this post
Old April 27th, 2017, 02:58 PM   #188
Galro

The Montebello Stasjon development by White Arkitekter.

GGJ16, tomPunk liked this post
Old April 27th, 2017, 03:07 PM   #189
Galro

The new extension of Gardemoen Airport (Oslos main airport) opened today.

Some pictures:

Old April 27th, 2017, 03:14 PM   #190
Galro

The new Munch museum construction update (from the 7th of April):

http://www.osloiforandring.no/portfo.../munch-museet/
Old April 27th, 2017, 03:20 PM   #191
Galro

New Deichmanske main library construction update (from the 15th of April).

Oslo, 2017 by Marcello S, on Flickr

tomPunk liked this post
Old April 27th, 2017, 03:33 PM   #192
ELH

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galro View Post
A re-development plan for Gunerius mall in central Oslo:

Not really a bad project for this cite, but this is one of the few available spots where I had hoped the future could bring a new highrise of +100 meters.
ELH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2017, 03:38 PM   #193
Galro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELH View Post
Not really bad project for this cite, but this is one of the few available spot where I had hoped the future could bring a new highrise of +100 meters.
Well I do not think that is very realistic to get a highrise of more than 100 meters approved in the short term, and that kind of architecture is very disposable so it could easily be knocked down should a propor highrise be approved there in the future.
Old April 27th, 2017, 04:01 PM   #194
Galro

Youngstorget 3 by Hille Melbye. This building actually replaces a building from 1880 that received a awful re-clad in the '60s or '70s. I would have preferred to see it restored but this is at least a major upgrade to the re-clad design.

Before (it's the building to the right):

To be replaced with:

GGJ16 liked this post
Old April 27th, 2017, 04:43 PM   #195
ELH

Quote:

It`s a good thing with this unpretentious complex at this location. It`s risky, but als a sign of self-confidence when you take traditional building materials and craftmanship for housing into the space between several prestigeous cultural institutions. Judging by the drafts, it succeeds in this case.

Galro liked this post
Old April 27th, 2017, 05:08 PM   #196
Galro

Quote:
Judging by the drafts, it succeeds in this case.
I agree. I was sceptical at first, but I've changed my mind as more detailed renders have appeared as it seems like it will be built of high quality bricks with good attention to fit and finish and with some nice design details. It just seems like a lasting quality addition to the city. I sadly doubt it will end up with as much plants and vegetation as the render suggest though.
Old April 27th, 2017, 05:19 PM   #197
Galro

Sommerrokvartalet at Solli Plass.

Old April 27th, 2017, 05:46 PM   #198
Galro

Peter Møllers vei 8 -14 housing development at Løren by Tag Arkitekter.

http://www.tagarkitekter.no/prosjekt...lers-vei-8-14/

ELH, GGJ16, Þróndeimr liked this post
Old April 27th, 2017, 06:15 PM   #199
ELH

Quote:
Well I do not think that is very realistic to get a highrise of more than 100 meters approved in the short term, and that kind of architecture is very disposable so it could easily be knocked down should a propor highrise be approved there in the future.

Maybe you`re right, but I don`t see it happening that they tear parts of an established shopping center down as long as it is generating good money. It is too inconvenient compared to looking for other sites.

Problem is: I`d personally like a small skyline to form in the city center, not as an extention of it. The blocks around old Oslo plaza and postbygget is the only place where it is even remotely likely, and there are only a very few spots within that area possible. Now one seems lost.

In fact, the smaller tower depicted in the present render is on the exact spot where I`ve long thought it would be the easiest to cash out the owner; the southern corner where there has merely been a one story building providing parking in two stories. They`d simply have to extend it (or a slimmer part of it) with another 40 meters.
Old April 27th, 2017, 08:36 PM   #200
Galro

Quote:
Maybe you`re right, but I don`t see it happening that they tear parts of an established shopping center down as long as it is generating good money. It is too inconvenient compared to looking for other sites.
You do not have to tear it completely down, you could just demolish the one corner or alternatively built on top of the already existing building. The malls in suburban Oslo have gone through a number of extensive extensions despite they (usually) providing profit in their original shape. I'm pretty sure we would see a similar trend around Oslo S if we starting allowing higher buildings to be built there. Space is at a premium in Oslo and is not easy to find sites to develop, and it is only getting harder at by the day.

Quote:
Problem is: I`d personally like a small skyline to form in the city center, not as an extention of it. The blocks around old Oslo plaza and postbygget is the only place where it is even remotely likely, and there are only a very few spots within that area possible. Now one seems lost.
Depends on what you mean by the city center, but I do believe there is a very good change that a skyline of sort will be developed in and around Skøyen. There are already a number of highrise proposals there and I suspect we will see even more when Orklas headquarter have been completed and if other proposals are approved.

While that is said I do agree that there is a potential at Vaterland too, as not only are there two other highrises already there (and a proposed third one) but the area is also completely failure of urban planning as it is. The issue is that there is quite a lot opposition to new highrises there - both because it blocks the view fro many that lives in the neighborhoods behind and because it will be visible for everyone and anyone who uses the central parts of the city, meaning there will be lots of people with opinion on it.

Quote:
In fact, the smaller tower depicted in the present render is on the exact spot where I`ve long thought it would be the easiest to cash out the owner; the southern corner where there has merely been a one story building providing parking in two stories. They`d simply have to extend it (or a slimmer part of it) with another 40 meters.
Thon actually wanted to do what you propose around the same time that Plaza got built, but it got turned down.

One of the competing designs for the current re-development of Gunerius also featured a similar concept, but it was not chosen in favor one I posted here.

So you are not the only one thinking along those lines, but I believe Thon have even commented that he chose not to include a tower into the plans in order to get it more easily approved (although I could be just imaging things).

Tags
oslo