daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 27th, 2017, 08:40 PM   #201
Galro
Humanity through Urbanity

Likes (Received): 9781

Grønnlandsleiret.

Today:

Replacement:

GGJ16 liked this post
Galro no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2017, 08:53 PM   #202
Galro

Nordre Gate by Alliance Arkitekter. It was just approved. It will actually be constructed in wood despite its appearance.

The current situation can be seen here: https://www.google.no/maps/@59.92105...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Old April 27th, 2017, 09:43 PM   #203
ELH

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galro View Post
Depends on what you mean by the city center, but I do believe there is a very good change that a skyline of sort will be developed in and around Skøyen. There are already a number of highrise proposals there and I suspect we will see even more when Orklas headquarter have been completed and if other proposals are approved.

While that is said I do agree that there is a potential at Vaterland too, as not only are there two other highrises already there (and a proposed third one) but the area is also completely failure of urban planning as it is. The issue is that there is quite a lot opposition to new highrises there - both because it blocks the view fro many that lives in the neighborhoods behind and because it will be visible for everyone and anyone who uses the central parts of the city, meaning there will be lots of people with opinion on it.

Thanks for the pics and for detailing the history. I have seen the pics before, yes, but it´s long ago.

When I said "city center", I actually meant that in a strict sense, close to that defined by the following map:

I added some to the map: The red fields are the two proper highrises existing today (having defined Oslo`s "skyline" for 25 years - that`s turning boring). Green is the plot in question. Blue are concrete proposals, which however are stalled. Orange mark spots where architectural think-thanks have modelled highrises, while that orange spot outside of the central area is my idea of a spot where an uninteresting Plattenbau-bygning housing a parkinghouse could be replaced by a new highrise. Nine towers to invent Oslo.

About the Vaterland area, by the way (the name sounds completely ridicilous to anyone german speaking - litterary meaning "fatherland"), you are right. This is why I also think it`s the best place to develop Oslo skyline.

Stafangr liked this post
ELH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:13 AM   #204
Galro

In that case I agree that that is only place with a realistic potential for a skyline, something I personally think is a good thing as I think it would look very messy highrises all over the place. I don't think it is fair to call both the proposed highrises stalled though. The Lilletorget project have just been launched and they are also working on the Krystallklar project but they have admittedly been very slow at it. I don't know if you are aware but there are also plans to extend Postgirobygget and Oslo Plaza as well as building a high-ish tower as part of the re-development scheme of the central station.

ELH liked this post
Old April 28th, 2017, 03:51 AM   #205
Galro

Quote:
The new extension of Gardemoen Airport (Oslos main airport) opened today.

I found some more and better pictures of the completed extension. It doubled the capacity of the airport.

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/g...en/a/23983355/

yeisson, Manolo_B2, GGJ16, Mr Cladding, tius86 and 2 others liked this post

Last edited by Galro; April 28th, 2017 at 04:00 AM.
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:33 PM   #206
Galro

Infill in Trondheimsveien by Skaara arkitekter. I do not know how far they have come with this one.

https://skaara.no/prosjekter/trondheimsveien/
Old April 28th, 2017, 03:39 PM   #207
Galro

New national museum construction update (from March).

Old April 28th, 2017, 03:41 PM   #208
Galro

Renders (I put it a own post to make the page less picture-heavy):

GGJ16 liked this post
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:45 PM   #209
Galro

Infill in Thereses Gate 30. It's currently under construction. I went past it this week and it have started rising but I did not take any pictures nor I have found any online.

Old April 28th, 2017, 05:26 PM   #210
Galro

Quote:
Facts | Architects: A-lab | Location

Ekebergveien 226-228

Apartment building planned at Nordstrand. It's part of a larger densification plan for the area. It will replace two detached suburban houses. It's currently going through planning.

http://i.imgur.com/zXlOg9O.jpg
This building have been completed. The partial wooden facade was dropped at some point which I think left the building looking quite cold and uninviting.

http://www.bygg.no/article/1302462?i...e88748-1302517
Old April 28th, 2017, 09:26 PM   #211
mjoks007

Likes (Received): 232

That building actually still look like a render even though is completed

Bjørne liked this post
mjoks007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 11:33 PM   #212
Galro

I think it is the reflection in the aluminium facade which gives it a certain unnatural glow to it in those pictures.
Old April 28th, 2017, 11:55 PM   #213
Galro

There is a proposal to replace this hideous once brutalistic but now postmodern highrise in Pilestredet 33 with a rather bland building of similar height.

Proposed replacement:

GGJ16, yeisson, Bjørne liked this post
Old April 29th, 2017, 12:13 AM   #214
GGJ16

Likes (Received): 2738

In my opinion, this last one looks great ! Of course, it will depend on the quality of materials and detail, but from what I can see, it will make this site a huge improvement
GGJ16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2017, 01:53 AM   #215
Galro

It will definitely be a huge improvement to the area, no doubt about it, but don't think it is unfair to categorize the design as rather bland. Still I much prefer bland over almost offensively ugly, especially when it is inside the inner city like this is.

BlueBalls liked this post
Old April 29th, 2017, 11:47 AM   #216
ELH

Quote:
I don't think it is fair to call both the proposed highrises stalled though. The Lilletorget project have just been launched.

So what you say is that there are good chances for this one ?!
I´ll take the job to make a new exposure of it, then:

This is the plot today

This is a crude illustration, not the proposed design, but gives an overview of the area.

My favourite design thus far.

View from the north east.

GGJ16, EasySeven liked this post
Old April 29th, 2017, 12:29 PM   #217
ELH

Quote:
they are also working on the Krystallklar project but they have admittedly been very slow at it.

Yes, this project has been in circulation for a long time. The last time I got an update, the delay was due to the future needs of the main bus terminal.

This is the bus station today:

This was last the favoured, future plan.

Since the plan was not sure, the plot wherethe Krystallklar tower is proposed was needed as a backup plan for the bus station. Since it is an important infrastructural element, the need trumps others interests.

It would do great things for the skyline, so a rapid clarification would be the best for all interests.

Last edited by ELH; April 29th, 2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old April 29th, 2017, 02:35 PM   #218
Galro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELH View Post
So what you say is that there are good chances for this one ?!
I would say it is pretty much guaranteed to be built. The planning authorities even produced a 27 floor proposal of their own (although I believe it was thinner) so they are not opposed to the height and I can't see why anyone else would be either.

I don't think the design chosen is particularly good looking though but then again I did not really like many of the competing designs I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELH View Post
Yes, this project has been in circulation for a long time. The last time I got an update, the delay was due to the future needs of the main bus terminal.
They re-started the process late last year and the plan was put out on public hearing this March. The current plan is for a higher and slimmer tower than what your renders show (which is the old design). I have not been able to find any good renders of the new design but the plan is available here if you can read Norwegian:
http://innsyn.pbe.oslo.kommune.no/sa...fileid=6964984

ELH liked this post
Old April 29th, 2017, 02:51 PM   #219
Galro

Urban development proposed in Sinsenveien next to Løren. Shame about the open backyard towards Lørenveien though.

Location: https://www.google.no/maps/@59.93183...7i13312!8i6656
Old April 29th, 2017, 03:00 PM   #220
Galro

Sørkedalsveien 8, also known as RIFT, at Majorstua. Expected completion is by this summer but the construction pictures were taken in January so I assume they are quite outdated by now. I have absolutely no idea what's going on with that golden door.

http://www.byggenytt.no/bilde/rift/0...52220195cb3493

ELH, EasySeven liked this post

Tags
oslo