daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2013, 09:41 PM   #41
Galro
Humanity through Urbanity

Likes (Received): 9785

Ensjøveien 17

Facts | Area: 22 500 m2 | Kristin Jarmund | Location

Ensjøveien 17

The project was awarded 1st prize in an invited competition.

Surrounding a stepped garden that connects the main entrance and the adjacent public square, the building balances on the edge of the sloping terrain. It features 12 levels of office functions and one level of public functions on the ground floor, activating the public square with cafés, restaurants, shops etc.

Minsk, majordrax liked this post
Galro no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:56 PM   #42
timo9
11 YEARS HERE!

Likes (Received): 2059

timo9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:07 PM   #43
Groningen NL

Likes (Received): 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galro View Post

Thanks for the comment too. It gets a little bit boring with pretty much no comments at all and just lonely me in this tread, but I guess there are limits to how interesting people find Oslo and its projects to be.
Don't worry about not getting that many comments. I'm sure this thread gets plenty pageviews, but not everybody comments everytime you update it, wich ofcourse does not mean they didnt enjoy the pics and project info you shared. There is also a policy on scc to keep the threads clean, wich means moderators sometimes delete comments wich dont really add anything to the thread. Like going by everythread in the international section just to post ' thanks for the pics' for instance. Because of this the like button was added recently I guess. So, long story short: we appreciate your effort, keep up the good work.

Galro liked this post
Groningen NL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:20 PM   #44
thebackdoorman

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groningen NL View Post
Don't worry about not getting that many comments. I'm sure this thread gets plenty pageviews, but not everybody comments everytime you update it, wich ofcourse does not mean they didnt enjoy the pics and project info you shared. There is also a policy on scc to keep the threads clean, wich means moderators sometimes delete comments wich dont really add anything to the thread. Like going by everythread in the international section just to post ' thanks for the pics' for instance. Because of this the like button was added recently I guess. So, long story short: we appreciate your effort, keep up the good work.
+1. I always check out Oslo updates, though I rarely comment. Great low-rise architecture!

Galro, Tiago Domiciano liked this post
thebackdoorman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:38 PM   #45
:jax:

Likes (Received): 521

Yes it must be boring/tiresome to add all these, but I appreciate a condensed version of these projects, even if I have seen the majority in other threads.

Galro liked this post
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:04 AM   #46
Galro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groningen NL View Post
Fair enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by :jax: View Post
Yes it must be boring/tiresome to add all these, but I appreciate a condensed version of these projects, even if I have seen the majority in other threads.
No, it's not bad. Most of the info is copied from each projects treads and/or the architect homepages so it don't take much time at all.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:06 PM   #47
Galro

Konows gate 67B

Facts | Architects: Solheim + Jacobsen | Location

Konows gate 67B

A proposal to re-develop a old industrial building from the '60s into a modern office and car wash facility The plan includes an extension of the current building mass to the left and upgraded of the roof inot a public park and space for 20 row houses. I think the building itself looks rather bland (both now and after the upgrade), but I like the idea of roof row houses.

Public park to the left, row houses to the right.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:56 PM   #48
Galro

A nice and recently taken night panaroma picture of the Sørenga construction site. You can also see the lighten up tower at Tjuvholmen in the distance. Bispevika, as shown on the previous page, will be built to the right of Sørenga - basically between Sørenga and the rest of the city.

image hosted on flickr

All rights reserved by jfk-photography.de @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/6664770...57121/sizes/k/

The city is definitely growing.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:37 PM   #49
Galro

Infill Holenderkvartalet

Facts | Architects: Logg Arkitektur | Location

Infill Holenderkvartalet.

A housing unit with retails in the first floor.

[/
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:52 PM   #50
Galro

Uelandsgate 85

Facts | Area: 25.000 m2 | Architects: Dark Arkitekter | Location

Uelandsgate 85

Large housing developments in Uelandsgate 85, on the outskirts of what is traditionally considered to be the cities inner city. The design consist of boxes of various bricks stacked on top of each other with some smaller pathes of wood in between.

It's currently going through regulation.

The Lego version of the development:

Renders by: Dark Arkitekter AS

Last edited by Galro; April 23rd, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:23 PM   #51
Galro

Voldsløkka Match

And right next to that development will this small stadion be built.

Facts | Architects: Sletvold Arkitekter | Location

Voldsløkka Match

Designed to meet the needs of Norges Fotballforbund, the new Voldsløkka matchbane provides FIFA certificate 2 level facilities to the Sagene and Oslo communities. The proposal contains spectator space for 7000, club premises, Sagene Idrettsforening offices and full facilities for players, press and spectators.

The location of the new Voldsløkka matchbane, at the junction of Uelandsgate and Stavangergata, is based on a comprehensive development plan for the area.

Old April 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #52
Galro

Østensjøveien 27

A okay looking office building currently under construction. It's expected to be completed this year.

Facts | Architects: Henning Larsen | Location

Østensjøveien 27

The new headquarters in Oslo is designed in collaboration with NCC Property Development as a modern passive house. The Integrated Energy Design of the building meets the FutureBuilt criteria for climate-neutral building, and the building will thus become one of Norway’s first spearhead projects in green building.

The headquarters situated in Østensjøveien 27 has focus on daylight, spatial layout and sustainable materials. The building integrates the surrounding urban space as a direct part of its spatial qualities while also giving something back by opening up to the city so the in-house activities enrich the surrounding city life.

The building consists of two office units divided into two wings. The wings are connected by a large central panopticon where displaced, cubic meeting rooms stretch out into and fill up the atrium. A staircase winds all the way up through the panopticon providing users with contact and access to the individual floors.

The cafeteria is situated in one end of the panopticon and has direct access to a peaceful south-facing courtyard with large, light hardwood trees letting the light flow down through the tree crowns. A rippling water wall shields the courtyard from the noise and traffic of the city.

Old April 27th, 2013, 01:28 AM   #53
Galro

Thorvald Meyers gate 61

Facts | Architects: Moseng Poulsen | Location

Thorvald Meyers gate 61

A extremely tight infill at Grünerløkka, central Oslo. The two floor high infill will "hover" between two 19th century buildings. The project also includes building a two floor high building in the backyard of Thorvald Meyers gate 61. There will be two apartments, one in each of the buildings.

Old April 28th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #54
Galro

Block 8

Facts | Architects: Snøhetta | Location

Block 8

A large re-development of a whole block in Lillestrøm, suburban Oslo. This development have been rather controversial. Originally it was presented as a 12 floor high building with a angular design by LPO. This design met many objections and the developers promised to hold a architectural competition to find a replacement design that everyone cold be happy with. The developer wasn't pleased with any of the design from the competition, and they decided to give the taks of designing a building for the site to Snøhetta instead. Snøhetta have just released two renders, both of the backyard, of their design for the plot. No renders of the frontage towards the street have been released.

Minsk liked this post
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #55
Galro

The now rejcted initial design by LPO for the same development:

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #56
Galro

Extension of Oslo Airport, Gardermoen

Facts | Architects: Narud Stokke Wiig | Location

Extension of Oslo Airport, Gardermoen

An extension of Oslo Airport, Gardermoen to increase the capacity of the airport from 23 million passengers to 28 million a year. Construction started in 2011 and the extension is expected to be completed in 2017.

See the projects own tread for more information.

The pier and the terminal to the right are the new parts (see the location link for a comparsion with the current situation).

Interior of the new part:

The frontage (both new and old next to each other):

All illustrations: Team_T AS
Old April 30th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #57
Galro

Mortensrud Torg

Facts | Architects: Meinich Arkitekter| Location

Mortensrud Torg

A smaller urrbanization project next to one of the end station of Oslo Metro. Most of the buildings will be 4 to 5 floors high, but the project also includes a higher building with 9 floors.
Mortensrud Torg is currently under construction.

Old April 30th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #58
Galro

Construction update taken by myself yesterday. My impression after having been there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galro
The architecture isn't much to brag about, but the execution was great. It had a really luxurious feel with plenty of wood and stone. The only thing that let it down was those visible concrete slabs on the side of what I presume are the staircases.
image hosted on flickr

Mortensrud Torg by Inkooen, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

"Fruit and Vegetables"
image hosted on flickr

This will be the base to the 9 floor high building:
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by Galro; April 30th, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #59
Galro

Surely wood

Facts | Location

Surely wood

Surely wood is a proposal for an infill project containing studio flats and spaces for retail. The project is placed in Hegdehaugsveien, Oslo’s most prominent shopping street. The building is planned with sustainable energy solutions with green roofs and wooden facades. The project was comissioned by Wahl Eiendom AS and is due to be erected during 2013

Team: Erlend Blakstad Haffner, Joana Branco, Ingeborg Cappelen Lindheim, Attila Eris, Monika Steiger

Source: http://www.fantasticnorway.no/?portf...d#!prettyPhoto

Old May 1st, 2013, 01:20 AM   #60
Galro

Sørengstranda

Facts | Architects: LPO | Homepage | Location

Sørengstranda

A recently launched residental development placed centrally on Oslos waterfront. Will consist 212 apartments devided between two blocks, and with commercial space in first floor facing the bay. It's expected to be completed in 2015.

I like it. Not very exciting, but it got a classy and timeless feel to it. At least I think so anyway.

Tags
oslo