daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #1
quadrant38

Likes (Received): 0

Stau between Italy & Munich Airport on 23 March 2013

The stau was so bad when we travelled from Italy on the A12/A99/E45 through Austria & Germany on 23 March we missed our flight home. Can anyone help me verify that there was traffic congestion on this route? I have tried inrix, the German Autobahn, ADAC and others. Most don't reply or say they can't help even when I email in German.
quadrant38 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #2
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

23 March 2013 was a Saturday and ski conditions were still quite good, so congestion was very likely on Austrian A12 and German A8 from Innsbruck to München.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #3
quadrant38

Likes (Received): 0

Stau proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
23 March 2013 was a Saturday and ski conditions were still quite good, so congestion was very likely on Austrian A12 and German A8 from Innsbruck to München.
It seemed reasonable to trust Via Michelin's time plus some more but it was 2.5 hours out which is a lot on top of 3 hr 20. I was hoping someone could point me to a website that would prove the route was badly congested that day to support an insurance claim?
quadrant38 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #4
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

If it was on a Saturday, then yes, heavy traffic was to be expected, as on any Saturday in the high season. I probably went to the airport myself, but via Achensee, Bad Tölz and Sauerlach, avoiding all the queues.

It's common knowledge to expect heavy congestion between the ski slopes and Germany. Every Saturday is like that in the winter season. It's your responsibility to get to the airport on time.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrant38 View Post
The stau was so bad when we travelled from Italy on the A12/A99/E45 through Austria & Germany on 23 March we missed our flight home. Can anyone help me verify that there was traffic congestion on this route? I have tried inrix, the German Autobahn, ADAC and others. Most don't reply or say they can't help even when I email in German.
So let me get this straight:
You're coming from Italy but you needed to be in Munich Airport and are running on a tight schedule? (i.e. time constraints)

If so, then why not just take an airplane flight from Italy to Germany?

I'm sure Lufthansa or Alitalia offer numerous Italy<->Germany flights anyway.
Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #6
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post

So let me get this straight:
You're coming from Italy but you needed to be in Munich Airport and are running on a tight schedule? (i.e. time constraints)

If so, then why not just take an airplane flight from Italy to Germany?

I'm sure Lufthansa or Alitalia offer numerous Italy<->Germany flights anyway.
A lot of people from Südtirol use Munich as their international airport.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
congestion, traffic