daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 29th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #41
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

Likes (Received): 3466

SITE DEVELOPMENT PLAN 54-hectare"live-work-play" development. BPO buildings, Boutique Hotels and commercial district, Megaworld Center Mall and Festive Walk leisure areas, deluxe hotels such as Richmond Hotel and international brand hotel, Iloilo Convention Center.

ILOve! ILOve! The City of LOVE!

Metropolitan Iloilo : "The Emerging Museum City"
Uswag Ilonggo, Uswag Iloilo! Basta Ilonggo, Baskog!
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #42
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Old April 29th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #43
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

Old April 29th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #44
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

Old April 29th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #45
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

Old April 29th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #46
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

Old April 29th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #47
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

One Madison Place Luxury Residence Condominiums! A 10 Floor building with 156 units.

Old April 29th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #48
spacewagon0001
C'est La Vie !

Likes (Received): 1024

Thanks for the updates, Metro. looking forward for more groundbreaking frenzies all over the city.
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #49
spacewagon0001
C'est La Vie !

Quote:
Originally Posted by METROPOLITAN_ILOILO View Post
The INTERNATIONAL AVENUE
by Global-Estate a sister company of Megaworld Corp.

It's More Fun In Iloilo
Because We're BOOMING Non Stop.
ILOILO means BUSINESS. Invest Now!

Western Visayas to experience Global-Estate Resorts, Inc.'s 'township' lifestyle

Something new is coming to the shores of Western Visayas – the 'township' lifestyle.

This 'township' lifestyle brought by Global-Estate Resorts, Inc. (GERI) to the Sta. Barbara Heights development will follow after the “live-work-play” concept pioneered by its sister company, Megaworld.

Sta. Barbara Heights is a mixed-use development that will consist of residential spaces, a town center, an IT park and various establishments. The 170-hectare property, which is the first of its kind on its region, is poised to propel Iloilo into a future 'central business district'.

“As pioneers of the township concept in Metro Manila, we would like to revolutionize how our fellow Filipinos live in other parts of the country, starting with Sta. Barbara Heights in Iloilo,” says Noy Mercado, GERI's Head of Sales and Marketing.

The residential estates signify the 'live' component of the township. All are residential lots, complemented by Sta. Barbara's expansive rolling hills and natural lake as backdrop. Topnotch amenities include a multi-purpose clubhouse with a 260 square-meter swimming pool and tennis and basketball courts, children's parks, a picnic area and other activity areas.

The 'work' and 'play' element, on the other hand, will be incorporated in the upcoming Iloilo International Business Park. This six-hectare park will be home to an IT cyberpark, BPO centers and various office strips. Future residents will benefit the ease of access with the 2.7-kilometer Iloilo International Avenue that runs through the township, bringing the nearby Iloilo International Airport closer. Adjacent to Sta. Barbara Heights are the historical landmarks of the Iloilo Golf Course and Country Club as well as the Santa Barbara Church and Convent, to the advantage of its future tourists.

Other projects on the pipeline for the development include commercial strips, food chains, hotels, an international school and a football field, with the aim of fusing business and pleasure into one hotspot.

“By putting the 'live', 'work' and 'play' aspects side by side, we are bringing a new lifestyle that's tailor-made for the fast-paced lifestyle of the Ilonggos,” Mercado adds.

About Global-Estate Resorts, Inc.

Global-Estate Resorts, Inc. (GERI) is a subsidiary of Alliance Global Group, Inc., (AGI) one of the Philippines' largest conglomerates, under the leadership of its Chairman and CEO Andrew L. Tan. The company handles the development of the country's world-class tourism estates such as those in Boracay (Boracay Newcoast), Tagaytay (Twin Lakes) and Iloilo (Sta. Barbara Heights), all marketed by Megaworld Global-Estate, Inc.

link
I'm so keen on how are they going to develop this ILOILO INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK. With MEGAWORLD's fast tracking its business hub in the city, any idea for the timeline of this one in Sta Barbara?
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:18 AM   #50
lochinvar

Likes (Received): 672

Nice plan though I wish the roadway should at a minimum be least 3 lanes on each side otherwise there will surely be humongous traffic in the area.
lochinvar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #51
spacewagon0001
C'est La Vie !

I totally agree. Right now Iloilo City is doubling its effort to improve road network on MEGAWORLD's IBP Iloilo City site. The one in Sta Barbara, the MEGAWORLD's ILOILO INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, the development seems un-monitored. I hope someone will provide us more info of what's happening in Sta Barbara's site.
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #52
tita01

Likes (Received): 883

asenso Iloilo

Booming Iloilo
Old April 30th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #53
wecky
CENTRALIAN BY HEART

Likes (Received): 27

Iloilo is on the roll.

This is getting better and better.

Last edited by wecky; April 30th, 2013 at 04:16 PM.
wecky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #54
wecky
CENTRALIAN BY HEART

I'm looking forward for the construction of this mall. It definitely shouts high end.
Old April 30th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #55
wecky
CENTRALIAN BY HEART

Quote:
Five Business Districts under construction. Wow !!! Only in Iloilo.

I hope to see updates of constructions here as often as possible.
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:49 AM   #56
spacewagon0001
C'est La Vie !

Quote:
Megaworld allots P25 B for Iloilo project
By Jennifer Rendon (The Philippine Star) | Updated January 14, 2013 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - Outside of Metro Manila, Iloilo stands as the center of business expansion for real estate giant Megaworld Corp.

And why Iloilo? “It’s quite personal,” said Maricor Manlangit, Megaworld’s first vice president for Strategic Planning. “Iloilo is very close to the heart of our chairman, Andrew Tan. This is the first province that he visited while he was still working.”

“At that time, he fell in love with the province. I think it struck him that much that the acquisition of the property is very sentimental to him,” Manlangit added.

In a press conference Saturday, Manlangit said Megaworld is projected to pour in P25 billion for the entire development of the Iloilo Business Park in Mandurriao district, Iloilo City.

Harold Geronimo, director for Strategic Marketing and Communications, added that Iloilo is located in a very strategic area and in the middle of Western Visayas.

“So, we are looking at a very promising location and our entry into this region has been in the works for the longest time.”

Geronimo said that Iloilo, being the regional center in Region 6, is the best place to start and expand Megaworld’s business outside of Metro Manila.

“We already have a project in Cebu and in Western Visayas, we’ll be starting in Iloilo. Apart from that, we’ve seen how Iloilo has expanded with the introduction of international flights,” he said.

Right now, there are direct flights from Iloilo to Singapore and Hong Kong and vice versa. There are plans to open direct flights to India soon.

“We really see the potential of Iloilo as a tourist area. People are coming to see to Iloilo,” Geronimo added.

In a few years, Megaworld executives excitedly announced that Western Visayas will soon see the rise of a boom town, as Megaworld construct a boutique hotel and commercial district a lifestyle mall, business process outsourcing (BPO) office buildings, and a convention center in the anticipated Iloilo Business Park.

Roland Tiongson, SAVP for Business Leasing and Development Group, said that at least 25,000 jobs will be up for grabs for the BPOs alone.

There would be more for construction, hotel and convention center staff, and mall personnel.

“As we extend out ‘live-work-play’ formula to Iloilo, we’re expecting a breakthrough in Western Visayas in terms of business and tourism, which will be brought by the world-class developments that Megaworld has always been known for,” shared Jericho Go, Megaworld’s Vice President for Business Leasing and Development Group.

Aligning the expansive Megaworld Boulevard, the 54-hectare mixed-use development will house the Megaworld Center Mall, Festive Walk, the international brand Marriott Courtyard Hotel, Richmonde Hotel, and the Iloilo Convention Center.

The Megaworld Center Mall will be Iloilo’s first upscale and first stand alone mall outside of Metro Manila.

A 9.7-hectare subdivision lot, on the other hand, is allotted for the boutique hotel and commercial district, which will be one of the highlights in the Iloilo Business Park.

“We’ve been talking lots of interested business owners who want to operate within this exciting new district of the township. This is going to be exclusive only to the privileged few,” Manlangit said.

Iloilo Convention Center, on the other hand, is a joint venture between Megaworld and the local government. It will be built on a 1.7 hectare lot to be funded collective by Senator Franklin Drilon’s annual priority development assistance fund, the Department of Tourism, and the Tourism Infrastructure and the Enterprise Zone Authority.

The convention center, touted as Iloilo’s largest, is designed for big conferences, exhibitions, and trade fairs.

Like Megaworld’s other townships, the business park will be based on the company’s pioneering ‘live-work-play’ concept. The winning formula has propelled its Manila projects – Eastwood City, Forbestown Center, McKinley Hill, and Newport City – to success.
time to post ongoing constructions happening in the city and province of Iloilo.
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:51 AM   #57
spacewagon0001
C'est La Vie !

The Iloilo River Esplanade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackchrome85 View Post
Esplanade, Iloilo City

Hidlaw nako jogging di ah......
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:56 AM   #58
spacewagon0001
C'est La Vie !

another proposals worth looking at:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbas_bigote View Post
Relaxing and surfing the net like a boss.
I decided to make some simple note like a boss.

Just look at it...like I am your boss. LOL

dedicated to all the loving AyAla fanatics in all of region six esp. the die hard and dreaming Ayala like it's in Inception the movie..

Ayala and Iloilo. making good music like a boss.
Old May 1st, 2013, 05:18 AM   #59
JollyGypsy

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacewagon0001 View Post
another proposals worth looking at:
Grabe ang AYALA..MASSIVE man!
"Blessed are you on the throne of your Kingdom, praiseworthy and exalted above all forever!" ~ Daniel 3:54
I have an affection for a great city. I feel safe in the neighborhood of man, and enjoy the sweet security of the streets. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Support Tree-Planting, and keep ILOILO City and Province Neat and Clean.
ILOILO where the Rich and Talented Ilonggos are originated!

Panay Island, Philippines
"DINAGYANG Festival County"
JollyGypsy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM   #60
spacewagon0001
C'est La Vie !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGypsy View Post
Grabe ang AYALA..MASSIVE man!
not as massive as MEGAWORLD - but their presence can be denied as such. Ayala development has already a good track record when it comes to urban development for decades. I'm sure they'll make big in ILOILO, too.

Tags
iloilo, iloilo city