daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises > Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 8th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #1
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

MIAMI | City Garage Tower | 170m | 570ft | 59 fl | Pro

This is very preliminary, new name, designs, etc. as details emerge.

Developer: Downtown 56 LLC & Miami Dade Parking Authority

CEO Art Noriega

Architect: Ben Lopez & Associates

Engineering: RH Engineering Group

=========================================================================================================

City Garage Getting 47 Story Tower

Quote:
City garage getting 47-story crown

By Meisha Perrin

Forty-seven stories of residences, offices and amenities totaling 415,000 square feet will rise atop a Miami Parking Authority seven-story downtown garage between 56 and 70 SW First St. — while the garage itself will also be upgraded.

Last week the authority approved a proposal from Downtown 56 LLC to redevelop the garage, which the board agreed in April needed renovation. Now, the company is set to restore the garage to adhere to Florida's 2010 building code and to make it more aesthetically pleasing, said authority CEO Art Noriega, in addition to building a 54-story, $73 million tower.

Structurally, he said, the garage is in good shape. The problem is code and aesthetics.
According to the approved proposal, the garage upgrade, exterior refurbishment and modernization is to add 170 parking spots as well as a residential tower atop the garage with about 440 units, 12,000 square feet of rooftop restaurant and event space, 2,500 square feet of ground floor retail and 4,000 square feet of new office space for the authority.

The development would envelop adjacent properties at 46 and 34 SW First St., both of which are currently controlled by the developer, J.C. Mendez.

Garage upgrades, according to the proposal, would run the developer about $2.5 million. Adding the office space and extra amenities will cost another $1.5 million, and the garage expansion is to cost another $3.5 million. That expansion, however, would help generate an added $200,000 annual revenue for the authority, as the authority will own and operate all additional parking and the garage itself.

The residential units, the proposal said, are to generate $11 million a year from rent for the developer. "We are hoping that this building will provide economic impact not only for the Miami Parking Authority," said Ben Lopez, of Ben Lopez & Associates, which designed the architectural plans, "but also for downtown."

As proposed, the ground floor will have higher ceilings and will accommodate the retail space and an entrance lobby. The second floor will contain the office space, and the third to seventh floors will make up the lateral parking expansion of the garage.
The eighth and ninth floors will have amenities and floors 10 through 51 will have nine residential units per floor. At the tower's peak the developers plan to create a restaurant opportunity along with open-air seating and outdoor lounge areas.

Throughout construction of the tower, Mr. Noriega said, the garage will still function.

[...]

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by desertpunk; April 10th, 2015 at 10:29 AM.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #2
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

This is far from the bay and will really add density to the skyline.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #3
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Oh, wow! I think I have the garage here in this photo from 5 years ago.

image hosted on flickr
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old May 13th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #4
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Night perspective

image hosted on flickr

5338323479_2337bba9d5_b by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Old April 10th, 2015, 10:27 AM   #5
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

52-Story Tower Above MPA Garage In The Works, Would Add 432 Downtown Units

Quote:
A residential tower that would rise above an existing parking garage in downtown Miami is being prepared for submission to Miami’s Planning Department for review.

In 2013, the Miami Parking Authority board approved a deal with Downtown 56, LLC to redevelop the garage, located at 70 SW First St. The garage is known as the Cultural Center Garage, or Garage 2. It sits on a 28,910-square-foot lot, while Downtown 56 owns an adjacent property sized at about 17,000-square-feet.

As part of the project, a 52-story tower with 432 rental units is planned for the empty lot. The garage is to be restored, refurbished, and brought up to code, while adding additional spaces and ground-floor retail.

Seoul_Korea, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
city garage tower, miami