SkyscraperCity Forum banner

MANGALURU Projects thread

4M views 24K replies 283 participants last post by  avi mangalore 
#1 ·
Looks like Mangalore is experiencing quite a bit of activity. Another region we need someone to cover!

SKS Group

K2

Greenheights (completed)

Sunview

Binary Homes

See less See more
#5 ·
Suncity said:
Tallest in town?

:lol:
It's like they think nothing will get taller than this? :lol:

Anyway, IMO Kochi and Trivandrum, and also Thrissur, are getting prettier buildings than these cities i.e Mangalore, Surat, Ahmedabad, Indore etc. I'm really impressed by their projects, but somehow here, except for one or two (k2 is pretty nice :D ) they look passe or even bad.

#6 ·
kshatriya said:
It's like they think nothing will get taller than this? :lol:

Anyway, IMO Kochi and Trivandrum, and also Thrissur, are getting prettier buildings than these cities i.e Mangalore, Surat, Ahmedabad, Indore etc. I'm really impressed by their projects, but somehow here, except for one or two (k2 is pretty nice :D ) they look passe or even bad.
I like the Abode.

As far as Ahmedabad is concerned, it is often considered one of the centres of modern architecture of India. Some of the pics of A'bad I posted probably don't do justice to the actual buildings.

#7 ·
Suncity said:
I like the Abode.

As far as Ahmedabad is concerned, it is often considered one of the centres of modern architecture of India. Some of the pics of A'bad I posted probably don't do justice to the actual buildings.
Yeah the Abode is the other nice one. Well ,i've been to Surat, and it has quite a few high-rise buildings. Some of them look nice but there are also those concrete boxes with ugly balconies and parapets etc. I mean Surat has changed so much, it's got good roads, is clean etc. but still looks dull and boring because of the buildings.

#12 · (Edited)
K2 being overshadowed

kshatriya said:
Why should they name a 17 storey tower K2?! :lol: But this city is interesting too.....love to see more projects.

K2 is being overshadowed by Mohtishams 26 storied residential complex.
mohtisham is also constructing a 800.000 sq feet mall cum multiplex in Mangalore which will be one of the biggest in south india.

Inland builders are constructing a 15 storied circular building ,the first of its kind in Karnataka.

one can log on to presidency and inland builders for the photos.

#14 ·
presidency galleria

This is a 19 storied building under construction .log on to presidency builders and view this marvellous structure .
Thumbay towers has 18 floors and the gallery has 17 flooors.Both are promoted by the BA group in Mangalore

Pantaloon opened its 32,000 sq feet bazaar recently at the adlabs multiplex(Bharath mall) recently.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mohtishams 'Summit'

www.mohtisham.com
new 26 storied super luxury residential complex 'Summit'.

#20 · (Edited)
About Mangalore

Something about Mangalore

Known as the Cradle of Indian Banking Industry ,this city is located on the West coast .Mangalore used to be the headquarters of South Canara district but now it has been bifurcated into Dakshina Kannada and udupi district . Dakshina Kannada district has a a poulation of only 18 lakhs but has almost 3 lakhs vehicles . Mangalore;s population would be around 6 lakhs but it has about 2.07 lakhs vehicles in the city of which atleast about 30% are cars!
Mangalore gave birth to Canara bank,corporation,syndicate ,karnatakaand vijaya nbank at the national level. It has produced personalities like Girish Karnad,Sreenivas Mallya,Shivaram Karanth,Aishwariya Rai(was born here),George fernandes,Prakash Padukone,Ashish Ballal(Hockey) and all the shettys in bollywood!
Industries used to be limited to Tile,cahew ,and Beedi , after the Major port (New Mangalore) in the 1970's industrialisation crept slowly with MCF,KIOCL(Kudremukh). Now ongc ,MRPL ,BASF,KIOCL,GM energy have a big presence. ONGC has invested 50,000 crores in Mandgalore SEZ which is expected to go up to 100,000 crores.
Infosys,Mphasis,Global softys,lasersoft have big presence.Infosys is expanding in the separate ITSEZ set up . Wipro and First American corp is also setting shop.
Manipal ,the international education township is 60 km from mangalore.Mangalore has all type of colleges be it Medical(5),Dental(3),Hotelmanagement(8) etc etc.

NIT surathkal the premier engg. institution of excellence is in Mangalore.
Soft ware exports from Mangalore city is expectet to touch 1000 crores this year . This is peanuts when compared to Bangalore but more than the exports from various states combined including Kerala and second highest in Karnataka.It is the fourth largest city in term of population but second largest in terms of revenue,statistics and second fastest growing city in karnataka.
The construction boom started in early 80's with many 10 storied buildings coming up. The first 10 stories structure ,the PVS centenary building was constructed in 70's. Then there was the Ramabhavan complex(Twin towers),Yenepoya hospital(built in 84) and host of 7 to 8 storied structures. but the real boom came in late eighties.
By end of this year Mangalore will be the first city in India to have 100% underground drainage.The work started last year.
The first International flight is expected to start this month to Dubai.The airport expansion project unfortunately dragged on for years and years.
I believe Mc donalds is keen on setting up shop in this city.Pizza hut and dominos have a presence. Pantaloon opened its 32000sq feet big bazaar,the 6'th in south India with 3 of them in Bangalore. Vizag has one.
And what more ,it is supposedly 100% literate.