daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises > Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 28th, 2015, 06:38 PM   #41
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

Believe it or not, This Hotel - Convention Center Tower with 1,800 Rooms , over 54 ( 55 Floors, NO 13th Floor ) up to 60 Floors High planned changes so many times in the last 4 Years was Supposed to Rise almost a Year ago, So Far, with the Latest Photos by our SSC Friendly Family Members, Still Not even PREP of the said Property, Something's Not Right Desertpunk, Our SSC Friendly Family Super Moderator and Great Photos and News Update Friend
I Always read all your Great Posts and Fantastic Photos, I hope you enjoy the " Likes " , because You deserve all of them and More from others Our SSC Great Friend !!~
To Know more about this Project , it has nothing to do with the MDM Developers building the Miami World Center, It is and always been a Separate Project and waitting for All Aboard Florida to start , because it's a Lonely Project just waitting for the future Change !!

Last edited by ChuckScraperMiami#1; January 28th, 2015 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Sorry Desertpunk, I'm a little excited like Jasonhouse always tells me to Calm lol, But I'm fed up with the Promise Projects
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2015, 07:39 PM   #42
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Desertpunk, What I'm trying to say here and I know I'm kind of a Wild and Crazy SSC Friendly Family Member for almost 11 years, Your a Gret Our SSC Friendly Family World Super Moderator Just ask Jasonhouse
, he knows me well Our SSC Friendly Family Part Florida Moderator and Co - Founder Friends
I've been reading and watching this Huge Area of development Called " Park West / East Overtown for over 20 years now since I did work there with Miami - Dade County in the same area for over 30 Years , MDM Developers are funny People dreaming this area like a 5th Avenue in New York City, The Only Project of theirs which I see going Up so far is the Macy's and Bloomingdales Department stores, Because they do Have Signed Contracts with Both Stores on Said Properties along NE, 2nd Avenues and 9th to 11st Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
But Please Desertpunk, Take a real closer look at this Model, the Marriott in the background is kind of dark, and Not really Included in MDM Plans for sure IMO only just the Three ( 3 ) tall towers and the Mall with the Macy's and Bloomingdales is all the MDM really has Planned IMO Only
Old January 28th, 2015, 09:29 PM   #43
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Check This Out Desertpunk, The two Towers planned on top of the Bloomingdales and Macy's Are Gone ??
Our SSC Friendly Family World Super Moderator and Best News and Photos Updates Friend
IMO only, There's just no trust in these MDM Developers, Thats me only, the Bloomingdales and Macy's Are the Only Ground Breakings for Sure this summer, 2015 That's It, and the 1,800 Room " Miami World Marriott " as the Name IMO Only will maybe break Ground after this 2015 Hurricane season is over

Look Closely at this Great Photo Old Rendering just 5 Months ago, the Tower on top of the Macy's Far right corner at bottom and the Tower on top of the Bloomingdales at the Lower Left Corner, are Now off the Newest Rendering, !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
I doubt if the FAA will let us have that height in that Location, but let's see what we get.

SpyrUgU by Quantum2010, on Flic
wow, Unbelievable , but IMO only, It's a dream for another 5 Years of Planning

Last edited by ChuckScraperMiami#1; January 28th, 2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old March 6th, 2015, 04:12 AM   #44
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53453

Worldcenter To Begin Construction ‘In Four Or Five Weeks,’ Largest Project In Miami History

desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 12:59 PM   #45
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

FAA Approved: http://www.thenextmiami.com/index.ph...nter-triptych/

Quote:
MDM Development has been granted approval from the FAA to build the 54-story Marriott Marquis Miami Worldcenter Hotel & Expo Center.

The agency approved the developer’s request to build at a height of 640 feet above ground level, or 653 feet above sea level. It took nine months to review the proposal, which was submitted in December 2014, and the approval will expire in February 2017 if construction doesn’t begin by then.

Also approved this week was HES Group’s Triptych project in Midtown Miami at 330 feet above ground. When completed, it will include a 40,000 square foot retail center on the lower floors, topped by 290 hotel rooms and 31,000 square feet of office space.
Old October 4th, 2015, 09:37 AM   #46
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

The whole of the WorldCenter development is coming into sharper view:

http://www.thenextmiami.com/index.ph...-reaches-2569/

Number Of Units Proposed At Worldcenter Reaches 2,569

While not the sleek, futuristic designs of earlier renders the towers a pictured above will make quite an impression in the area.
Old January 17th, 2016, 07:36 AM   #47
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

11/04 Site work and drilling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood skyclimber View Post
Thanks Marcvader for the help
Enjoy:

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 17th, 2016, 08:06 AM   #48
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Worldcenter Mall Will Be Open Air Instead Of Enclosed

Quote:
Mall developer Taubman announced today that they will try to build an open air shopping mall at Worldcenter, instead of an enclosed one.

The “high street retail plan” will likely require a smaller initial capital outlay than building an enclosed mall.

It isn’t clear if Macy’s and Bloomingdales will stay on. A spokesman for Macy’s told the Herald that they were in touch with the developers and evaluating their options.

Construction continues at Paramount, the 60-story, 513-unit condo tower. Buyers there were promised amenities including direct elevator access to the mall and rooftop soccer above the mall.

Last edited by desertpunk; January 17th, 2016 at 08:13 AM.
Old January 17th, 2016, 08:07 AM   #49
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

1/16

Site Preparation Miami Worldcenter by Phillip Pessar, on Flickr

Site Preparation Miami Worldcenter by Phillip Pessar, on Flickr

Old March 27th, 2016, 07:48 AM   #50
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Triptych groundbreaking in May: http://www.thenextmiami.com/site-tes...-expected-may/

TNM

Tags
marriott, miami, worldcenter