SkyscraperCity Forum banner

New Suburbs of Cairo | المجتمعات العمرانية الجديدة | Photo Gallery

13K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Wust El Balad 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is to showcase the new suburbs of Cairo located in desert areas east of the city.

I'll start with Al Rehab City.

Source: Panoramio - m lawindy

See less See more
#6 ·
I live in Al Rehab now :happy: I always laugh at the name because I'm sure to English speakers it sounds like "Rehab" as in the drug rehabilitation center, so people would be like "why the hell would anyone wanna live there? :D

#8 ·
#9 ·
Cairo new towns

New Giza

Cairo, Egypt
Visit this site for the masterplan

One of Cairo’s new satellite cities, the schematic master plan for New Giza includes a campus for Johns Hopkins University, an MGM resort hotel, and dense cultural, leisure, office and shopping facilities for local residents and visitors alike. Gensler capitalized on the dramatic landform of the 105-hectare former quarry site to create distinct characters for each district. Two of those districts — the Hotel and the Hill Town — are planned on high ridges and sloped plateaus to take maximum advantage of the site’s spectacular views to the pyramids of Giza.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.