daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM   #21
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29079

Just Amazing
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:06 PM   #22
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
I'd prefer a revival of Dubai Towers over a 1km tower. Or maybe both, that would be ideal.
From the article it looks like its both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
There'll probably be a placeholder first, if they had chosen a design it would have been in the news.
Obviously. At the moment they are only considering the tower there. If they decide were it goes we'll see placeholders. Then design contest will take place which most likely will be confidential. Only after that we'll see some renders of the actual thing. I think that's two years if we're lucky. One's for sure when this tower begins construction Kingdom Tower will be at least half way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face81 View Post
Yes, you're probably right, unless ofcourse the Dubai Towers design is souped up so that the tallest of the "dancing flames" is stretched upwards to 1,000m
No way. That design is super complicated for a supertall forget megatall and not even mention 1000m tall dancing tower

That is unless you mean just the location. They can always replace the tallest tower with a 1000m design but I'm not sure of the resulting effect.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Last edited by patrykus; May 21st, 2013 at 06:14 PM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:29 PM   #23
Archaean
BANNED

Likes (Received): 311

How silly.
Archaean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:29 PM   #24
FLAWDA-FELLA
Native Flaw-ridian

Likes (Received): 1374

Another proposed world's tallest for Dubai, when will all of this madness end?
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:35 PM   #25
Emarati2009

Likes (Received): 3477

The project will cost 17 b $

Face81 liked this post
Emarati2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM   #26
Face81

Likes (Received): 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
No way. That design is super complicated for a supertall forget megatall and not even mention 1000m tall dancing tower

That is unless you mean just the location. They can always replace the tallest tower with a 1000m design but I'm not sure of the resulting effect.
I meant that the tallest Dancing Tower could always be souped up in some way, either through a design change, or an engineering breakthrough
The late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum [1912 - 1990]
Face81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:46 PM   #27
patrykus

Well it definitely won't be a wavy tower if that's what you expect.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old May 21st, 2013, 07:12 PM   #28
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6527

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDA-FELLA View Post
i've no notion where this will end .

With this one, i'm quite sceptical until now.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:45 PM   #29
no_gods

Likes (Received): 68

Well, this is a big surprise to see that thread today.

We haven't heard about Dubai for years now, I suddenly a wild 1000+ meter tower appears
no_gods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:16 PM   #30
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

amazing news! Dubai Towers Dubai was one of my favorite projects in dubai and i was devastated when it got cancelled, now that the site is back up they can make up for that by building the world's tallest. I will push this tower into the SSP diagrams, but i will leave the status on vision until we get further information on the tower. These news came earlier than expected though, if this tower gets a go and starts rising before Kingdom Tower is halfway up we have a kind of race to see what the buildings will do at the end. both towers will certainly not reveal the final height until very late into construction, so it will be very interesting to see which tower will get the upper hand in the end. Emaar pointed out that he had plans for building a new tallest a few weeks/months ago already. now that they release the final location makes me think that the plans are further already than we might expect. maybe there are concept designs already and they keep them secret for the while? very many possibilities and i am very excited to see how this will turn out. Emaar delivered before afterall and against Azerbaijan Tower and J220 a building in dubai does not seem to unrealistic to me to become a realization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_gods View Post
Well, this is a big surprise to see that thread today.

We haven't heard about Dubai for years now, I suddenly a wild 1000+ meter tower appears
well, we knew emaar was planning the world's tallest building in dubai again, but i agree that it is quite surprising the news come out now, i was expecting it to come out later this year or next year, but maybe with the threat from Jeddah, he wanted to point the eyes on him before KT starts rising above the ground.

Quote:
From the article it looks like its both.
did i miss something? i can only see the dubai towers in the photos back from 2007, i doubt they have any plans of revising them, yet i am too excited right now and might overread half of the stuff

nvm found the part: "In 2010, DPG had confirmed to this website that the even plan to develop the iconic Signature Towers, formerly known as the Dancing Towers, the centerpiece of the master development, had not been scrapped." Yet they also mentioning reviewing the signature towers, so i also think the designs are likely to change, although i really hope they will not.

Last edited by KillerZavatar; May 21st, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:50 PM   #31
Dylan Leblanc
Skyscraper Overlord

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
I will push this tower into the SSP diagrams, but i will leave the status on vision until we get further information on the tower.
I changed to to proposed as it fits the definition (a developer is proposing it) - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=15524

KillerZavatar liked this post
Dylan Leblanc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:52 PM   #32
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22566

seems as though the only reason they are making this building this high is to ensure Dubai retakes the WTB title after the Kingdom Tower is built.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:58 PM   #33
Xaevus

Likes (Received): 85

At this point 1000m for Dubai is nothing special.

only 1km? COMMON Dubai, you can do better!

Build a 4-6km.. now THAT would be impressive (for dubai ofc.)
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:07 AM   #34
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Leblanc View Post
I changed to to proposed as it fits the definition (a developer is proposing it) - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=15524
fair enough, hoping the tower will never see the vision status again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
seems as though the only reason they are making this building this high is to ensure Dubai retakes the WTB title after the Kingdom Tower is built.
i am certainly okay with that
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM   #35
Face81

Quote:
well, we knew emaar was planning the world's tallest building in dubai again, but i agree that it is quite surprising the news come out now, i was expecting it to come out later this year or next year, but maybe with the threat from Jeddah, he wanted to point the eyes on him before KT starts rising above the ground.
Seeing as how Emaar is involved intimately in the KT's construction as well, I wonder what they will do in terms of ensuring Dubai ends up with the WTB title at the end of the construction of the two towers. One to watch.

Also think you're right re the design. They probably have a concept design hidden away somewhere. All makes sense now, especially after Emaar announced a couple of week's ago that it was time for Dubai to get another mega-tall in the form of a new WTB!

KillerZavatar liked this post
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM   #36
patrykus

Quote:
amazing news! Dubai Towers Dubai was one of my favorite projects in dubai and i was devastated when it got cancelled, now that the site is back up they can make up for that by building the world's tallest. I will push this tower into the SSP diagrams, but i will leave the status on vision until we get further information on the tower. These news came earlier than expected though, if this tower gets a go and starts rising before Kingdom Tower is halfway up we have a kind of race to see what the buildings will do at the end. both towers will certainly not reveal the final height until very late into construction, so it will be very interesting to see which tower will get the upper hand in the end. Emaar pointed out that he had plans for building a new tallest a few weeks/months ago already. now that they release the final location makes me think that the plans are further already than we might expect. maybe there are concept designs already and they keep them secret for the while? very many possibilities and i am very excited to see how this will turn out. Emaar delivered before afterall and against Azerbaijan Tower and J220 a building in dubai does not seem to unrealistic to me to become a realization.
Not sure why would they keep concept designs in secret. I simply think this project is still at very early stage. It's enough to say few months ago they didn't even know in which country they will build it. But anyway concept design is not much of a deal. Since it doesn't represent the final product it can be quickly prepared by cheap design studio. Thing that takes real time is making the final design, then soil testing ground, adjusting foundation or choosing best location for the tower based on test results. Even assuming this tower won't require any excavation as Kingdom Tower I can't imagine it beginning construction sooner than after two years from now. And before it can start racing with the kingdom tower they have to make foundation first and that's at least another year you have to add. So that's a minimum of three. KT will be easily halfway up. And as I said that's absolute minimum. History shows that it very well may take much longer to start this project. Kt took it 6 years, similar with nakheel tower. IMO there won't be much race between these two. If Azerbaijan Tower is not stunt then it may be your eventual competitor for new emaar tower, it definitely won't be "racing" with kingdom tower.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM   #37
the man from k-town
Frankfurt-Lover <3

Likes (Received): 6886

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDA-FELLA View Post
Madness?

THIS IS DUBAI!!!!

just kidding

Face81 liked this post
the man from k-town no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM   #38
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face81 View Post
Seeing as how Emaar is involved intimately in the KT's construction as well ...
But are they still involved in KT? My guts tells me they aren't anymore .... I am just speculating, I don't know anything
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:41 PM   #39
Face81

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
But are they still involved in KT? My guts tells me they aren't anymore .... I am just speculating, I don't know anything
Well given that they are master planning KAEC, they would have to be intimately involved with the details of the tower, atleast. I mean there were rumours swirling a while ago about KT not being able to reach the 1,000m mark due to poor soil and subsurface conditions, but who knows!

I am keen to see Emaar get a concept design out for this one. Would be nice if they used somebody other than SOM so we get something more unique in terms of the finished product. Would not like to see a KT-BK hybrid!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:47 PM   #40
Face81

Quote:
Not sure why would they keep concept designs in secret. I simply think this project is still at very early stage. It's enough to say few months ago they didn't even know in which country they will build it. But anyway concept design is not much of a deal. Since it doesn't represent the final product it can be quickly prepared by cheap design studio. Thing that takes real time is making the final design, then soil testing ground, adjusting foundation or choosing best location for the tower based on test results. Even assuming this tower won't require any excavation as Kingdom Tower I can't imagine it beginning construction sooner than after two years from now. And before it can start racing with the kingdom tower they have to make foundation first and that's at least another year you have to add. So that's a minimum of three. KT will be easily halfway up. And as I said that's absolute minimum. History shows that it very well may take much longer to start this project. Kt took it 6 years, similar with nakheel tower. IMO there won't be much race between these two. If Azerbaijan Tower is not stunt then it may be your eventual competitor for new emaar tower, it definitely won't be "racing" with kingdom tower.
One key difference between KAEC and The Lagoons is the the site prep at The Lagoons is far more advanced and I suspect that much of the infrastructure is already in place. One to watch!