SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Tampa Development List 2013

6K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  HARTride 2012 
#1 ·
With development starting to pick up again I figured it would be useful to make another development list. It's not caught up yet and I've been out of the loop for a while so just message me any projects I'm missing (I already know of some).

Last Updated: 6/15/13

Central Business District

Intown Riverwalk Tower - 36 stories, 350 units, APR

Madison Heights - 7 stories, 80 units, PRP

Channelside

The Martin - 24 stories, 650 units, 261 feet, APR

Skyhouse Channelside - 24 stories, 320 units, Proposed

SoHo/West Tampa

Epicurean - 5 stories, 145 room hotel, U/C

NoHo Flats - 4 stories, 212 units, PRP

Bayshore

Patriots Corner Tower - 15 stories, 31 units, 155 feet, APR

Crescent Bayshore - 8 stories, 367 units, U/C

Westshore

See less See more
#10 ·
Hi everyone! I know this thread has been quiet as of late, especially with the change in moderators.

One of the the things I'd like to get done by the end of the year is to have this list fully updated. I know that there are several ongoing projects, and possibly a few others that are not coming to my mind at the moment. I want to put together what we have listed in the forums and add onto what has already been posted in this thread.

I've also glanced at the global urban development thread that FloridaFuture created back way when and I literally did not want to view that thread again because of all of the projects that have died on the vine due to the recession. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I want to make an update to that thread, but I know that some sort of update may be helpful.

If you have any projects that you want to make sure that I don't miss, please send me a P.M. and I will be sure to add the project to the list.

Thanks!

#16 · (Edited)
Nice,... !

Not nearly as ambitious as the last list(I remember it well). but It's good to see Tampa finally moving forward even if it it is somewhat slowly. I have not been to DT Tampa in years ... any cranes up? How is the pedestrian activity .. active in the CBD or still dead? Any stronger of a pulse at night, or still vacant?

I have my doubts, but DT Tampa could very well have an pedestrian-active Denver or Pittsburgh sized skyline in 30-40 years and if for some reason city politics change, a quarter of the Melbourne CBD, something like Southbay (everything over the river) https://www.google.com/search?q=mel...ine_from_Rialto_Crop_-_Nov_2008.jpg;8527;2744 and a little north ,like how Southbay has a huge cluster of mid to mid/hirise towers. Not counting on it though, but who knows, westshore might become more popular for business and open to building hi-rises, again not counting on it :) ... I would have said definitely yes though if we were still going by that old '2008 master list'. I wish they would move the airport so Tampa could grow a gigatower or two one day. Also, bulldoze malfunction junction into a more sophiticated DT interchange. When will we have a DT Seattle or Melbourne... 200 years? lol ...

PS to moderators , if this post is more appropriate for "what does Tampa need" instead than move it there.

#18 ·
Even so, some fill-in DT could help

As for moving TIA to east hillborough or polk to make way for a 300m hirise.... with the current pace of the city this wont happen,lol.

Even if somebody handed the region 25 billion dollars to build up the city, I'm still thinking they would not be forward thinking enough to move the airport for hirises....

(this is why the faa caps the height of the CBD, right?)

#19 ·
My two cents for development in 2014. Please don't have a cow if this is the wrong thread. There should be at least two cranes next year (one in DT for the apartment tower that's close to the river and the other for Skyhouse in Channelside). Of all the proposals, these two are likely the most solid. Other proposals:
The Martin - all talk and no action. Still no updates.
Another apartment tower in Channelside where an old building still sits
Two apartment towers on Harbor Island
Southgate - there's just no interest in this
The Vinick property and other property that was recently purchased - something vertical may come out of this.

My guess for Westshore is they will continue to build big box stores, restaurants, apartments and maybe more mid rise office buildings. I'd really like to see some midrise condo's go there since it's such a good location to live and work.

Channelside still needs more wrecking ball whether new buildings go up or not.

#20 ·
Let's not worry about this not being the right thread for certain discussions, as the development list was never finished, lol.

I'll be putting together a 2014 list soon and I'm thinking about having the new thread function the way the original list thread was. Locked unless there's major updates to post. ;)

Please send me a PM of any projects you wish to add. Thanks!

#22 · (Edited)
Running list of projects

Okay everyone, I've compiled the following list of developments based on what was already posted in this thread, the individual project threads, and a couple other things that may have been missed. Please feel free to add and I'll put them to the 2014 list thread.

Central Business District

Intown Riverwalk Tower - 36 stories, 350 units, APR

Madison Heights - 7 stories, 80 units, PRP

Aloft - Renovation, 130 hotel rooms, U/C

Le Meridien/Old Federal Courthouse - Renovation/Restoration, 130 hotel rooms, U/C

Channelside

SouthGate - 20 stories, 450,000 sq. ft. office, APR

The Martin - Two 24 story towers, 261 feet, 650 rental units, APR ‎

Skyhouse Channelside - 24 stories, 320 units, Approved

Northeastern DT/Central Park

Encore/Central Park Revitalization - several midrises, retail, office, residential, U/C

Hyde Park

Epicurean - 5 stories, 145 Rooms, Recently Completed

Post SoHo Square - 4 stories, 192 apartments, U/C‎

NoHo Flats - 4 stories, 212 units, PRP

Bayshore

Patriots Corner Tower - 15 stories, 31 units, 155 feet, APR

Crescent Bayshore - 8 stories, 367 units, U/C

WestShore Business District

Is there anything major going on over in the WestShore BD lately?

West Tampa

Fort Homer Hesterly Armory - Community Center, Proposed (Is this still planned?)

South WestShore/Port Tampa

Jefferson WestShore Apartments - 3 stories, 246 units, Recently Completed (Located at the corner of WestShore Blvd & McCoy St in Port Tampa. I think this one went right under our noses. I'll have photos up soon).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.