daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 19th, 2017, 04:50 PM   #661
ccdk

Likes (Received): 972

Chongqing West Station, operational by year end
http://www.cqtimes.cn/news/article/i...owCat/163.html

tjrgx, P_David, Munwon, tigerleapgorge, CP11 and 4 others liked this post
ccdk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2017, 10:43 AM   #662
ccdk

West Kowloon Station, Hong Kong
http://news.ifeng.com/a/20171026/52806377_0.shtml#p=1

Old November 13th, 2017, 06:51 PM   #663
ccdk

Old Zhangjiakou Station, 1950s

Rendering of New Zhangjiakou South Station, opening end 2019/beginning 2020

Old November 14th, 2017, 02:31 PM   #664
lawdefender

Likes (Received): 1387

China's top ten largest railway station rankings by construction area

No.1 Guangzhou South Railway Station

is also known as Guangzhou New Railway Station. It is located in Panyu District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. It is the largest high-speed railway station in southern China. It is the Guangzhou railway passenger hub with Guangzhou station, Guangzhou North Station and Guangzhou East Station. It has expressway, subway and other public transport connection, a total investment of RMB 13 billion yuan, with a total construction area of 615,000 square meters.

Old November 14th, 2017, 02:33 PM   #665
lawdefender

No.2 Beijing South Railway Station

The largest railway station in Beijing, construction area : 499,200 square meters.

Transhumanista, Munwon, 2mchris, Jobber liked this post
lawdefender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #666
lawdefender

No.3 Nanjing South Railway Station

located in Yuhuatai District , Nanjing, with a total construction area of 458,000 square meters, with a total investment of more than RMB 30 billion yuan.

aquaticko, Transhumanista, Munwon, 2mchris liked this post
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:40 PM   #667
lawdefender

No.4 Zhengzhou East Station

located in Zhengdong New District, Zhengzhou City, with a total investment of RMB 9.47 billion yuan, construction area of 418,800 square meters.

Transhumanista, Munwon, 2mchris liked this post
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:42 PM   #668
lawdefender

No.5 Shenzhen North Station

located in Longhua New District, Shenzhen, was officially put into use in June 2011, the construction area of 400,000 square meters, annual more than 52 million passengers.

Last edited by lawdefender; November 15th, 2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:45 PM   #669
lawdefender

No.6 Shijiazhuang station

located in Shijiazhuang City Bridge West, is China's important transportation hub, under the Beijing Railway Bureau, a total construction area of 390,000 square meters, a total of 13 platforms, 23 lines.

Last edited by lawdefender; November 15th, 2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:48 PM   #670
lawdefender

No.7 Wuhan Railway Station

located in Hongshan District, Wuhan City with a total investment of RMB 14 billion and a total construction area of 370,800 square meters.

Old November 14th, 2017, 02:50 PM   #671
lawdefender

No.8 Hangzhou East Station

located in Hangzhou Metro, is the east gate of Hangzhou, a highly modern special station, a total investment of 25 billion yuan, with a total construction area of 340,000 square meters.

Old November 14th, 2017, 02:52 PM   #672
lawdefender

No.9 Xi'an North Station

located in Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, Xi'an is the "three main two auxiliary" railway passenger hub, is also one of China's large high-speed rail station, with a total construction area of 336,600 square meters.

Old November 14th, 2017, 02:56 PM   #673
lawdefender

No.10 Kunming South Railway Station

Total construction area of 334700 square meters

Kunming South Railway Station is the intersection of Shanghai-Kunming Expressway (using CRH380 train), Yun-Gui Railway (D-prefix train using CRH2A), Yu-Kun High Speed Railway, Trans-Asian Railway, Kunyu Passenger Line, Ring Yunnan Railway and Guang-Kun High Speed Rail , With a total construction area of 334700 square meters, of which station building area of 120,000 square meters, a total investment of about 3.184 billion yuan, is the most important railway passenger transport hub in Southwest China and the largest railway passenger station. June 20, 2011 began to lay the first pile, marking the Kunming South Station officially started construction, construction period of 5 years, December 28, 2016 Shanghai-Kunming High Speed Rail, Yunnan-Guangxi high-speed rail opening signs Kunming South Station officially put into operation.

No.11 Chongqing West Railway Station

Total construction area of 280,000 square meters

A total investment of 3.08 billion yuan

29 stations will be built

31 to the hairline, 15 platforms

Its station building up to a maximum of 15,000 people

Pick up capacity 381 pairs / day

Passenger traffic can reach 42.18 million passengers each year

No.12 Shanghai Hongqiao Station

located in Shenhong Road, Minhang District, Shanghai. It is an important part of Shanghai transportation hub. It is the largest railway station in Shanghai with a total investment of RMB 15 billion and a construction area of 230,000 square meters.

Last edited by lawdefender; December 21st, 2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old November 15th, 2017, 01:10 PM   #674
8166UY

Likes (Received): 294

While I really like the architecture of Chinese stations, they seem really hard the expand later on. Sure, they are made with a huge overcapacity (for instance the Dutch Utrecht Central Station handles 88 million passengers per year, but is way smaller in size), but the cities they're in are also rapidly expanding.
8166UY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 06:39 PM   #675
lawdefender

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8166UY View Post
While I really like the architecture of Chinese stations, they seem really hard the expand later on. Sure, they are made with a huge overcapacity (for instance the Dutch Utrecht Central Station handles 88 million passengers per year, but is way smaller in size), but the cities they're in are also rapidly expanding.
Guangzhou has 4 railway stations to handle different railway lines. Beijing, Shanghai and the other Chinese major cities, all have more than 2 railway hubs.
Old November 15th, 2017, 09:11 PM   #676
8166UY

I know. But those cities have populations that are competing with average sized countries.

Don't get me wrong, there has been a lot of foresight in planning this infrastructure. It's just that it's hard to keep up with the growth rates there. So it will be probably fine for another 20 years, but after that it might be a big problem to enlarge it once again.
Old November 16th, 2017, 07:33 AM   #677
abcpdo

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8166UY View Post
I know. But those cities have populations that are competing with average sized countries.

Don't get me wrong, there has been a lot of foresight in planning this infrastructure. It's just that it's hard to keep up with the growth rates there. So it will be probably fine for another 20 years, but after that it might be a big problem to enlarge it once again.
I think there will be bigger problems if the number of people needing to use trains grew to the capacites of the stations. Public transportation, roads, train tracks would be way over congested before train station size became an issue.
abcpdo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 06:38 PM   #678
dodge321

Likes (Received): 121

That's correct. Getting on the subway in Beijing at one of the train stations can take 30mins during rush hours. Might make sense to build more stations instead of enlarging the station and the supporting infrastructure to no end.
dodge321 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 04:18 PM   #679
8166UY

Sounds indeed logical. Thanks for thinking along.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 12:48 PM   #680
ccdk

http://gov.eastday.com/renda/dfzw/ycbd/u1ai6177514.html

Munwon liked this post
ccdk no está en línea   Reply With Quote