daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:24 PM   #201
wino
Registered User
 
wino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,551
Likes (Received): 1238

2003 is 10 years ago..

I was talking about "CURRENT" constructions, not the past.

see that term "ONGOING" ??
__________________
The last thing I wanna do in my list is to hurt you.. but it is still on the list.
wino no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:26 PM   #202
Eduardo L. Ramirez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,454
Likes (Received): 913

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsolarized View Post
I'll do a top 25 for 2025

1. New York
2. Shanghai
3. Hong Kong
4. Guanzhou
5. Beijing
6. Shenzen
7. Mumbai
8. Tokyo
9. Taipei
10. Chicago
11. Kuala Lumpur
12. Bangkok
13. Manila
14. Toronto
15. Moscow
16. Dubai
17. Seoul
18. Mexico City
19. Panama City
20. Miami
21. Melbourne
22. San Francisco
23. Houston
24. Doha
25. Istambul
May I ask you why you have Beijing that high in your list and Chongqing & Tianjin are not even included? This seems a bit strange to me. However, quite good list overall
__________________
My Threads:
-> The Hague + Düsseldorf
-> Madeira

CarltonHill, n20, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by Eduardo L. Ramirez; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
Eduardo L. Ramirez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:44 PM   #203
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover
 
Faisal Shourov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto/Dhaka
Posts: 2,125
Likes (Received): 4250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZH22 View Post
You know, you do have some valid arguments about London. It is probably a little bit too small to truly belong in this thread.

However, when you say things like this, you come across as either a troll or a complete idiot. Most likely both. It's impossible to put into words how much it undermines your credibility on this issue. Clearly YOU are the person without a clue.
There is no need for you to get delirious and make disdainful remarks just because your beloved London skyline is puny and mediocre by world standard. My home-town Dhaka has a ridiculous skyline as well and I don't get offended if somebody criticises it. I don't wish to flood this thread with photos of average skylines
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1, WasabiHoney liked this post

Last edited by Faisal Shourov; July 23rd, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:45 PM   #204
Newcastle Guy
Registered User
 
Newcastle Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,096
Likes (Received): 317

He was right. You're coming across as a troll, intentionally or not.
__________________

Union Man liked this post
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:14 PM   #205
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover
 
Faisal Shourov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto/Dhaka
Posts: 2,125
Likes (Received): 4250

Chongqing skyline looks very striking because of the density, but the river bank is very dirty which takes away some aesthetics off it. I think it will be among the top 10 skylines by 2025. Here are some photos of Chongqing





[IMG]http://i41.************/1567hvk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/5dw5g2.jpg[/IMG]



image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
__________________

Highcliff, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:19 PM   #206
Frozt
Architect aspirant
 
Frozt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dubai & London
Posts: 211
Likes (Received): 94

Looks like a poor manhattan
__________________
Looking from the future
Frozt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:45 PM   #207
wino
Registered User
 
wino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,551
Likes (Received): 1238

yeah.. too bad it's too polluted there.. but skyline wise - it is a contender.
__________________
The last thing I wanna do in my list is to hurt you.. but it is still on the list.
wino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:45 PM   #208
DZH22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,918
Likes (Received): 2092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal Shourov View Post
There is no need for you to get delirious and make disdainful remarks just because your beloved London skyline is puny and mediocre by world standard. My home-town Dhaka has a ridiculous skyline as well and I don't get offended if somebody criticises it. I don't wish to flood this thread with photos of average skylines
You do realize if we are comparing the cities, and use the barometer that the building is either built or U/C and expected to be completed THIS YEAR (doesn't even include Leadenhall), that London already has over 30 buildings taller than anything in Dhaka? It also has 1000 times as much style.

It's got nothing to do with my "beloved London skyline" and everything to do with you acting like a troll.

By your logic, I could say that Boston is the equivalent of a farm, because it is closer to a farm than it is to NYC. Except, the only people who would be insane enough to go that far are haters.

Good call on Chongqing though, I think that and Tianjin are the 2 glaring omissions from jpsolarized's list. You're obviously not a COMPLETE idiot, but, again, your credibility plummets every time you go insanely overboard when discussing London.

Here is a diagram showing every building built and U/C in both London and Dhaka. Where's Dhaka? In case you're wondering, it gets 1 building onto the second page and 2 buildings onto the 3rd page (and 0 buildings on pages 1 and 4). So in top 100 structures, London wins 97-3. Yeah, those 2 skylines are really close...
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?...0260013&page=1
__________________

Fitzrovian, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by DZH22; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
DZH22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:46 PM   #209
Pew
No, no and no
 
Pew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Strasbourg, Alsace
Posts: 281
Likes (Received): 235

Future Manhattan from Mad Max time. Chongqing is impressive.
Pew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:47 PM   #210
wino
Registered User
 
wino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,551
Likes (Received): 1238

I hate it when measurements are in "feet" instead of Meters..

just me ranting here...
__________________
The last thing I wanna do in my list is to hurt you.. but it is still on the list.
wino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:16 PM   #211
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover
 
Faisal Shourov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto/Dhaka
Posts: 2,125
Likes (Received): 4250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZH22 View Post
You do realize if we are comparing the cities, and use the barometer that the building is either built or U/C and expected to be completed THIS YEAR (doesn't even include Leadenhall), that London already has over 30 buildings taller than anything in Dhaka? It also has 1000 times as much style.

It's got nothing to do with my "beloved London skyline" and everything to do with you acting like a troll.

By your logic, I could say that Boston is the equivalent of a farm, because it is closer to a farm than it is to NYC. Except, the only people who would be insane enough to go that far are haters.

Good call on Chongqing though, I think that and Tianjin are the 2 glaring omissions from jpsolarized's list. You're obviously not a COMPLETE idiot, but, again, your credibility plummets every time you go insanely overboard when discussing London.

Here is a diagram showing every building built and U/C in both London and Dhaka. Where's Dhaka? In case you're wondering, it gets 1 building onto the second page and 2 buildings onto the 3rd page (and 0 buildings on pages 1 and 4). So in top 100 structures, London wins 97-3. Yeah, those 2 skylines are really close...
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?...0260013&page=1
I criticised London because some people here at this thread started to underrate all Asian city skylines while praising London. So I had to say that London is nothing great compared to most major skylines, which is true (check my earlier comments on previous pages of this thread). And about Dhaka: that list you provided is very much outdated, because the tallest building in Dhaka is City Center, not Bangladesh Bank. Dhaka has very soft soil with height restriction which prevents it from constructing any building over 150 meters. Apart from these limitations, I would say Dhaka has a very dense skyline which is quite impressive considering its economy. But I don't refer to it when discussing about global skylines, because it's indeed ordinary. Please refrain from attacking personally on this forum.
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #212
wino
Registered User
 
wino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,551
Likes (Received): 1238

London would be lucky if I even add it to my own top 30..
__________________
The last thing I wanna do in my list is to hurt you.. but it is still on the list.

Faisal Shourov, Dito Roso liked this post
wino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #213
jpsolarized
Registered User
 
jpsolarized's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 653
Likes (Received): 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo L. Ramirez View Post
May I ask you why you have Beijing that high in your list and Chongqing & Tianjin are not even included? This seems a bit strange to me. However, quite good list overall
Thanks.

I forgot about Chongqing, it is definitively in there and i would also say Tianjin and Nanjing. Many chinese cities will surely outdo some of the cities i listed by 2025.
jpsolarized no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #214
gehenaus
Registered User
 
gehenaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Reading
Posts: 264
Likes (Received): 191

Blimey, don't rate Chongqing at all. Some of the buildings look cheap and dirty.
I'd bet you'd melt if you went swimming in that river.
The skyline is pretty impressive I guess, but what's the point if you can't see it through the noxious fumes?
gehenaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #215
null
Mind Reader
 
null's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,499
Likes (Received): 1013

That river in Chongqing is muddy by nature, get some facts right, guys...

The muddy river is Changjiang, the clean one is Jialingjiang...

__________________
null no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #216
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover
 
Faisal Shourov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto/Dhaka
Posts: 2,125
Likes (Received): 4250

Despite the pollution, Chongqing's skyline as a whole can rival any top global skyline.

Here are some more Chongqing skyline photos









image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


With proper cleaning and some LED lighting at the streets, Chongqing skyline can easily become world class. The skyline looks quite dark at night compared to major Chinese cities, so street illumination is a must
__________________
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #217
null
Mind Reader
 
null's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,499
Likes (Received): 1013

Chongqing has the shape, but the individual towers are yet to be imporved...

__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
null no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #218
CarltonHill
Kim Domingo
 
CarltonHill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MNL
Posts: 1,484
Likes (Received): 1576

Chongqing skyline by the river looks impressive, regardless of the polluted river.
CarltonHill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #219
CarltonHill
Kim Domingo
 
CarltonHill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MNL
Posts: 1,484
Likes (Received): 1576

Meanwhile,
Manila, Philippines today

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr


GDP Per Capita: US$4,691
__________________

n20, Manitopiaaa, wino, Highcliff, psychedelic and 1 others liked this post
CarltonHill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #220
geloboi0830
IT and Urban Enthusiast
 
geloboi0830's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ビガン市「Vigan」|東京「Tokyo」
Posts: 1,138
Likes (Received): 974

There was and will always be. . . TOKYO.
__________________
東京2020オリンピック Discover Tomorrow」
「郷に行っては、郷に従え」
IT LIES BETWEEN 0 AND 1
geloboi0830 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
skyline

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu