daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 19th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #581
zilze

Likes (Received): 72

Totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Cities don't need super tall to have good skylines. In the case of Singapore, instead of having all those tallest towers at the same height, they should have built them at varied height to create a more interesting looking skyline.
zilze no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #582
F-22
BANNED

Likes (Received): 317

London City| Financial District In 2025

Pals_RGB, Highcliff, Karl1587, Bannor, Ivanator liked this post
F-22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #583
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Likes (Received): 4250

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilze View Post
Nice pictures of future Paris above, I really love the glass finishings of their high-rises. French architects know what the definition of aesthetics mean. Even though the shape of their towers are not so unique but, they made sure the overall glass coverings of their skyscrapers look gorgeous and superior which gave the skyline a dark, superior and quality look.
That's what Chinese cities lack. Hats off for Paris.
Hong Kong, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen skylines are leagues above Paris skyline, I'm not exaggerating a bit. Paris has a scarcity of glass skyscrapers, that's why those few buildings appear shiny because they're the only ones in their city. Those buildings won't be recognizable in Shanghai or Shenzhen, because there are so many of them.
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #584
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-22 View Post

yeah, no.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:32 AM   #585
Eduardo L. Ramirez

Likes (Received): 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-22 View Post

Great! So London will receive replicas of:

Capella Tower (Minneapolis)
Hopewell Centre (Hong Kong) x2
Messe Torhaus Tower (Frankfurt) x2
Emirates Towers (Dubai)
Fountain Place (Dallas) x3
(Can you recognize some more?)?

Eduardo L. Ramirez está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #586
CarltonHill
Kim Domingo

Likes (Received): 1576

I'd like to see more Chinese cities, Metro Manila, Bangkok, KL, Doha & Mumbai.

TowerVerre:) liked this post
CarltonHill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:08 AM   #587
7rani
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal Shourov View Post
Hong Kong, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen skylines are leagues above Paris skyline, I'm not exaggerating a bit. Paris has a scarcity of glass skyscrapers, that's why those few buildings appear shiny because they're the only ones in their city. Those buildings won't be recognizable in Shanghai or Shenzhen, because there are so many of them.
Sorry, but I disagree with you. Architecture in France has always been so refined. Furthermore, a great importance used to be given to outward apparence, so that it makes the city more charming: Paris (and other french cities) isn't totally so beautiful by chance. It's especially the aesthetic side which is lacking to most asian skylines, in particular, chinese ones. Maybe in Paris, skyline isn't enough dense to belong to the top 25 skylines NOW, but its so refined, harmonious and it's the strongest good point that make it unique, and which also make it, like others european skylines, the cleanest, the most organized and then so distinct.

miami305 liked this post

Last edited by 7rani; August 20th, 2013 at 05:24 AM.
7rani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #588
miami305

Location: Today: Miami, Florida..moving back to Europe (Paris) in the future.
Likes (Received): 988

Quote:
Nice pictures of future Paris above, I really love the glass finishings of their high-rises. French architects know what the definition of aesthetics mean. Even though the shape of their towers are not so unique but, they made sure the overall glass coverings of their skyscrapers look gorgeous and superior which gave the skyline a dark, superior and quality look.
Paris has it all...sexy, chic, magnifique!

7rani, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
miami305 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #589
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rani View Post
Sorry, but I disagree with you. Architecture in France has always been so refined. Furthermore, a great importance used to be given to outward apparence, so that it makes the city more charming: Paris (and other french cities) isn't totally so beautiful by chance. It's especially the aesthetic side which is lacking to most asian skylines, in particular, chinese ones. Maybe in Paris, skyline isn't enough dense to belong to the top 25 skylines NOW, but its so refined, harmonious and it's the strongest good point that make it unique, and which also make it, like others european skylines, the cleanest, the most organized and then so distinct.
Cityscape and skyline are different things. You need to have lots 'tall' buildings to have a skyline. Whatever Paris owns don't make them a contender for world's best skyline. Arguments for architecture of 2-10 storied buildings are pointless on this thread. Paris was and will always remain beautiful, but it doesn't have a skyline that's worth discussing about. Not here, specifically
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #590
Joseph Gomes
BANNED

Likes (Received): 340

Quote:
Guangzhou Zhujiang CBD (5 topped out/completed supertalls can be seen on the first photo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rani View Post
Not sure about other Chinese cities, but Paris or any other European city (except Moscow) can't produce this kind of photo. It has aesthetics, height, density and quantity. Paris has aesthetics only, you can't call it a world class skyline based on that only. Guangzhou's CBD has all four of them

Faisal Shourov, TowerVerre:) liked this post
Joseph Gomes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #591
7rani
BANNED

At least, these 2-10 storied building with a very high qualified architecture, were built in 19th, 18th ... centry and just let me remind you a thing that you seem forget, these tall buildings (I mean skyscrapers) were firstly built in US (americain style), they're not asian, neither africain ... Difference betwen Europe (for example France) and Asia, that when we caught these style of building, we perfectly do it, not like you guys

Last edited by 7rani; August 20th, 2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:54 AM   #592
7rani
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
Not sure about other Chinese cities, but Paris or any other European city (except Moscow) can't produce this kind of photo. It has aesthetics, height, density and quantity. Paris has aesthetics only, you can't call it a world class skyline based on that only. Guangzhou's CBD has all four of them
Firstly, I have never said that Paris's skyline is a world class.

Secondly, european (especially parisian) skyscrapers are almost very aesthetics, but just few asian ones.
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:01 AM   #593
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

It doesn't matter whether it was American idea of building skyscrapers, the Chinese also invented paper :P Coming back to the point, you forgot that us Asians have just begun constructing skyscrapers, and all these buildings were non-existent 15 years ago! European cities dominated 19th century skylines, American cities dominated 20th century skylines. Now in the 21st century, Asian skylines will dominate the globe. Just wait for 10 more years only, you will be surprised beyond imagination

TowerVerre:) liked this post
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #594
Joseph Gomes
BANNED

Likes (Received): 340

Quote:

[IMG]http://i41.************/1567hvk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/5dw5g2.jpg[/IMG]

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Quote:
Despite the pollution, Chongqing's skyline as a whole can rival any top global skyline.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Chongqing has one of the best skyline in the world, but I find the river bank (not the river itself) incredibly dirty and filthy. I'm not bothered by the architecture of buildings, but there are some things that should be routinely monitored. Chongqing is constructing lots of fancy skyscrapers but they don't realize without a clean bank their city would never look appealing

Great photos of the skyline, by the way
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #595
Judgejudy123
Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 185

totally agree that river looks disgusting, it makes the city look dirty too

LONDON

-Corey- liked this post
Judgejudy123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #596
null
Mind Reader

Likes (Received): 1013

Damn! How many times do I have to repost this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
That river in Chongqing is muddy by nature, get some facts right, guys...

The muddy river is Changjiang, the clean one is Jialingjiang...

Old August 20th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #597
Judgejudy123
Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 185

Oohh oops sorry haha

LONDON
Judgejudy123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #598
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10788

Is it silt that makes that river brown?

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #599
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgejudy123 View Post
One word: EPIC
Agree. Melbourne's skyline is gorgeous and will get miles better over the next 10-15 years. It's one of only 5-6 cities I regularly check when I come on here.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #600
R.T.

Likes (Received): 1877

Quote:
Why "future"?

To answer the question of the topic : New-York.

For a layman like me, it's the only skyline I can recognize immediatly. I love the shape, the buildings, the location. It's simply classy.
R.T. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
skyline