daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 28th, 2013, 04:28 AM   #1041
Sirius2.0
Unregistered user

Likes (Received): 82

Paris may have a good skyline in the future, but do realize that only three skyscrapers are u/c and the tallest building is only 758 ft.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Sirius2.0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #1042
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10789

Agree. Paris has a decent skyline, but it's a midget by global standards. It might get there one day, but not by 2025. Nice photos though.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

Sirius2.0, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by isaidso; December 28th, 2013 at 06:14 AM.
isaidso está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2014, 07:18 AM   #1043
isaidso
the new republic

Toronto in 3-4 years?

Quote:
Present-day:

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cookedphotos/9449622323/

Future skyline rendering by Koops65, of everything currently or likely soon-to-be U/C:

image hosted on flickr

Includes: One Bloor, Ice East & West, Harbour Plaza East & West, L Tower, Ernst & Young Tower, Casa II, U Condos I & II, 1 York, Karma, FIVE, Southcore Delta Hotel, Theatre Park, RCMI, Waterpark Place 3, Bisha Hotel, Southcore Bremner, Pinnacle on Adelaide, The Bond, Alto, Studio on Richmond, Quartz, Aura, X2, Chaz on Charles, Pace, Peter Street Condos, Picasso, Tableau, The Madison East & West, Spectra, Backstage, King Charlotte, The Mercer, The Yorkville Residences and 1000 Bay, plus Holt Renfrew Tower, 37 Yorkville A & B, 10 York, The Icon, 88 Scott, Casa 3 and E Condos South

Animated:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...6&postcount=90

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

Last edited by isaidso; January 5th, 2014 at 07:26 AM.
Old January 5th, 2014, 07:39 AM   #1044
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Check this out guys. Its pretty awesome.

http://www.brickellmag.com/brickellmag_cc.php
The original is one of my favorite aerials of Toronto. Check out this link. This isn't even all of our future projects here in Miami and whoever did this article didn't do the buildings to scale.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

marcvader, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2014, 02:57 AM   #1045
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

So that you don't have to click on a link. Some of these buildings are not true to scale and looks like they don't anticipate any of the supertalls being completed by 2020.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
Courtesy of Brickell Magazine: http://www.brickellmag.com/brickellmag_cc.php

"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old January 6th, 2014, 03:14 AM   #1046
marcvader
not a half-stepper

Likes (Received): 5027

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
So that you don't have to click on a link. Some of these buildings are not true to scale and looks like they don't anticipate any of the supertalls being completed by 2020.
It also doesn't include all the towers in the Omni/Edgewater neighborhoods just out of frame to the right.

marcvader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:18 AM   #1047
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
It also doesn't include all the towers in the Omni/Edgewater neighborhoods just out of frame to the right.
No, it doesn't. That would include three buildings over 500 feet tall already built, four more over 500 feet tall that are planned, and five over 600 feet tall that are planned that we know of so far. That's 12 buildings not depicted here not including the shorter ones that are planned. A skyline unto itself is planned just out of the frame to the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post

My photo threads:

Last edited by QuantumX; January 6th, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old January 6th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #1048
isaidso
the new republic

Is that super tall proposed for Miami in that 2020 rendering?

Old January 6th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #1049
marcvader
not a half-stepper

Likes (Received): 5027

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Seems to me none of the proposed supertalls, of which I think there's three, are visible or to scale.

marcvader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2014, 06:50 PM   #1050
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
One Brickell CityCentre is there, but this is such a poor job of a rendering, I didn't even notice it until it was brought to my attention. Also, Panorama tower is there, which will be our new tallest before One Brickell CityCentre, but since neither buildling is to it's true scale, they both look shorter than the Four Seasons, our current tallest. One Brickell is also there which is supposed to be 80, 70, and 55 floors, but they are ridiculously short. Not sure why.

My photo threads:

Old January 6th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #1051
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22566

without a doubt Miami, Toronto, and NYC are the ones to watch in NA. A few other cities may spawn supertalls but those three will have the most development
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #1052
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
without a doubt Miami, Toronto, and NYC are the ones to watch in NA. A few other cities may spawn supertalls but those three will have the most development
We have three supertalls planned thus far. One Brickell CityCentre planned by Swire, an international developer out of Hong Kong, is almost a sure shot. This will be their tallest building, and I'm sure they are more than happy to make a statement.

One Brickell, an 80, 70, and 55-story complex has Jorge Perez behind it, and he almost always does what he says he's going to do. He might wait for the market to absorb One Brickell CityCentre though.

One Bayfront Plaza is being developed by Tibor Hollo and sons. It's been planned for years now and originally was supposed to start in 2011. Then, postponed until 2016. Now with One Brickell CityCentre on the horizon, who knows what they are going to do with the moving ground-breaking dates. Tibor Hollo had wanted his legacy for Miami to be a signature tower for the city, but it looks as though One Brickell CityCentre will wear that mantle. Will his sons finish the job with Tibor Hollo approaching 90? We don't know.

My photo threads:

Old January 9th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #1053
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Latest rendering of Brickell CityCentre, a skyline unto itself.

My photo threads:

Old January 10th, 2014, 10:34 AM   #1054
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
Don't forget San Francisco which will essentially double its downtown tower inventory over the next 10 years.

Here's a chunk of the Transbay District which will feature the city's first supertall (well into prep phase and U/C soon):

All of the new towers will be built or already are U/C, with perhaps one exception (due to Shiite NIMBYs).
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:04 PM   #1055
wino

Likes (Received): 1238

yaaay! for San Francisco.
One of my American favorites.
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #1056
isaidso
the new republic

I love that Transbay design.

Old January 10th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #1057
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
I love that Transbay design.
Looks like things are finally starting to ramp up there. It was on hold for the longest time.

My photo threads:

Old January 11th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #1058
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Looks like things are finally starting to ramp up there. It was on hold for the longest time.
I was surprised to see it had resumed. The north American top 10 is going to look quite interesting in 2025. Miami might start closing in on Chicago in the way that Toronto is now. San Francisco might be a solid #5 and I'm hoping that Calgary will blossom into one of the big boys. I'm hoping for a 7th spot for Cowtown.

Old January 11th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #1059
Denjiro
Heathen

Likes (Received): 7095

Saigon's District 1 by 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigon2020 View Post
SAIGON 2015

Denjiro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #1060
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
Thanks to the German Wiki page on New York skyscrapers which I update on a daily basis (so I can keep track), I get the following figures (completed, u/c, in prep and proposed towers which at least have a thread and reliable info):

200m+: 111 (no joke!!)

New York, New York!
That's very impressive. I believe the corresponding figure for Toronto is only 38.

Tags
skyline