daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 24th, 2014, 12:30 AM   #1221
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcwallander View Post
You are correct and there are currently an additional 69 100m+ towers currently proposed, approved or under construction.

Staggering!
Well, as skyscraper enthusiasts, I'm very happy for you guys! Let's see what the market will hold.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2014, 01:24 AM   #1222
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10982

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloveich View Post
Well, this is the center of "new economy". That render is only of buildings that have been proposed/approved/UC. Don't forget that this insane amount of money just started pouring into the city. And I don't see a good reason for slowing down. After all, 21st century is the age of information, and we are its capital
San Francisco definitely has a solid economy, but I wouldn't count Miami out. That said, I look forward to watching both. New York, Chicago, Miami, and San Francisco. Maybe there's a 5th US skyline lurking? Global contenders in my eyes for a top 25 in '25:

China: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chongqing, Tianjin, Nanjing
Asia excluding China: Tokyo, Seoul, Manila, Bangkok, Jakarta, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai, Dubai
America: Toronto, New York, Chicago, Miami, San Francisco, Panama City
Elsewhere: London, Moscow, Istanbul, Melbourne

I'd love for Calgary to get in the mix, but it might be a bridge too far for them.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

Last edited by isaidso; January 24th, 2014 at 01:37 AM.
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 01:34 AM   #1223
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
This is what dictates what the Miami skyline looks like, and it ain't so tiny. We have this narrow window between runway approaches to MIA.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miamiflyme/2948516828/
image hosted on flickr
Wow, what a dynamite shot. Thanks for posting.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

Old January 24th, 2014, 05:31 AM   #1224
BrickellResidence

Likes (Received): 6668

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
San Francisco definitely has a solid economy, but I wouldn't count Miami out. That said, I look forward to watching both. New York, Chicago, Miami, and San Francisco. Maybe there's a 5th US skyline lurking? Global contenders in my eyes for a top 25 in '25:

China: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chongqing, Tianjin, Nanjing
Asia excluding China: Tokyo, Seoul, Manila, Bangkok, Jakarta, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai, Dubai
America: Toronto, New York, Chicago, Miami, San Francisco, Panama City
Elsewhere: London, Moscow, Istanbul, Melbourne

I'd love for Calgary to get in the mix, but it might be a bridge too far for them.
Mexico City? it has 7 over 200m under construction and more than 5 proposals especially a 400m one about to be announced soon by april

BrickellResidence está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #1225
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Wow, what a dynamite shot. Thanks for posting.
You are welcome, Isaidso! That photo was taken by Ross Cobb, whom I consider to be the undisputed king of Miami aerials. I'll defer to him any day. I do okay though with shots such as these.

"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

geometarkv, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old January 24th, 2014, 06:29 AM   #1226
isaidso
the new republic

Miami looks most impressive in my eyes from aerials due to its layout. The waterways, islands, and various clusters don't get captured in a traditional shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickellresidence View Post
Mexico City? it has 7 over 200m under construction and more than 5 proposals especially a 400m one about to be announced soon by april
I'd love to include Mexico City, but it will need a substantial inventory of buildings 100m+, 150m+, and 200m+ to be in the mix. I count 49 buildings Built, U/C, Proposed 100m+ for Mexico City. Most cities in the top 25 will likely have triple that count by 2025. Size isn't everything, but Mexico City would need to be at least in the same ball park size wise to get on people's radar.

Last edited by isaidso; January 24th, 2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old January 24th, 2014, 06:38 AM   #1227
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Miami looks most impressive in my eyes from aerials due to its layout. The waterways, islands, and various clusters don't get captured in a traditional shot.
Now you know why I decided to buy a camera and started doing my own photography work. I knew nothing about photography, but the city wasn't being done justice, so I had to do it myself. If you find this a bit off topic, just bear in mind that you will be getting more aerial construction updates from me in the future, and these are only examples of what you will be getting.

Quote:
I'd love to include Mexico City, but it will need a substantial inventory of buildings 100m+, 150m+, and 200m+ to be in the mix.
I'm glad you said this so that I didn't have to.

My photo threads:

Old January 24th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #1228
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
I'm glad you said this so that I didn't have to.
Well it's the grim reality. There are a ton of big big skylines out there. What do you think of that banner shot of Nanjing? Yet another great Chinese skyline. I wouldn't be surprised if my top 25 had 10 Chinese skylines in there by 2025.

Last edited by isaidso; January 24th, 2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old January 24th, 2014, 07:28 AM   #1229
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
What do you think of that banner shot of Nanjing? Yet another great Chinese skyline. I wouldn't be surprised if my top 25 had 10 Chinese skylines in there by 2025.
I don't think we can count out just about any Chinese city. Anyway, since you mentioned Miami waterways, this is a good shot of density shaping up along the Miami River as it winds through the city. This is an old photo, and I'm not even sure what it looks like now, except that there is a 100m building going up now on this side of the river just outside the frame. Of course, on the horizon, in the top left of the photo, is the ever-imposing Miami International Airport, nemesis of the skyline.

My photo threads:

Old January 24th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #1230
isaidso
the new republic

It's nice to see Miami engaged with the river like that. We turned our backs on ours, narrowed them to a shadow of their former selves, or buried them completely.

Old January 24th, 2014, 11:01 AM   #1231
firoz bharmal

Likes (Received): 2416

DUBAI

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Pals_RGB liked this post
firoz bharmal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #1232
isaidso
the new republic

image hosted on flickr

Untitled by smuncky, on Flickr

Old January 24th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #1233
Pals_RGB
Resigned

Likes (Received): 8054

Those Dubai pictures #2, 3, 4 and 7 are amazing. Towers in the clouds.

Pals_RGB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #1234
marcvader
not a half-stepper

Likes (Received): 5041

The pictures almost look fake.

marcvader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #1235
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pals_RGB View Post
Those Dubai pictures #2, 3, 4 and 7 are amazing. Towers in the clouds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
The pictures almost look fake.
They should go on the Cloudpoppers thread.

My photo threads:

Old January 25th, 2014, 12:54 AM   #1236
BlurredLines

Likes (Received): 2025

I feel like Dubai has really good potential to be one of the best (if not the best) in 2025 if it,
Spreads out the skyline. I hate how most the skyscrapers are built in front of that highway.
Stop making such ugly buildings. Those pencil type skyscrapers and oh my god that Big Ben type building is hideous.
Build a few more normal skyscrapers. Not everything has so be so over the top. They need to make more normal 150-200 meter normally shaped skyscrapers, all those different shapes and sizes in Dubai just makes a big mess.
BlurredLines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #1237
Hayaki

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
I don't think we can count out just about any Chinese city. Anyway, since you mentioned Miami waterways, this is a good shot of density shaping up along the Miami River as it winds through the city. This is an old photo, and I'm not even sure what it looks like now, except that there is a 100m building going up now on this side of the river just outside the frame. Of course, on the horizon, in the top left of the photo, is the ever-imposing Miami International Airport, nemesis of the skyline.

If Miami can develop that part of the city, maybe it will end up like this

Manila, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingpit1984 View Post
I just love this picture

Hayaki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 08:05 PM   #1238
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayaki View Post
If Miami can develop that part of the city, maybe it will end up like this
No, it will not...

Quote:
Of course, on the horizon, in the top left of the photo, is the ever-imposing Miami International Airport, nemesis of the skyline.
...because of this that I said, which you quoted! It does look more like that toward the mouth of the river though.

My photo threads:

geometarkv, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old January 25th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #1239
Hayaki

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
No, it will not...

...because of this that I said, which you quoted! It does look more like that toward the mouth of the river though.
Ok

The current boom of Toronto and Miami is really impressive (it rivals the cities in the far east like Seoul, Manila, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen).
Hayaki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #1240
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Yes! It's crazy condering we are not Chinese cities!

My photo threads:

Tags
skyline