daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 8th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #1561
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

Many people have already posted different renderings of different projects throughout their city at different points in the thread, particularly skyline-changing megaprojects like Miami World Center and Brickell CityCentre, so it's not exactly one rendering.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2014, 02:28 AM   #1562
BrickellResidence

Likes (Received): 6571

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Many people have already posted different renderings of different projects throughout their city at different points in the thread, particularly skyline-changing megaprojects like Miami World Center and Brickell CityCentre, so it's not exactly one rendering.
Oh so will miami world center or brickell citicentre change miami skyline to the worlds best? Only these two? And theres many cities in the planet with bigger projects than that.... Its not even comparable to the ones in chinese cities, istanbul,ny, manila, jakarta, etc. so if everyone started posting this then it will be more like a project thread..... Not future skylines thread

BrickellResidence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 04:12 AM   #1563
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickellresidence View Post
Oh so will miami world center or brickell citicentre change miami skyline to the worlds best? Only these two?
No, those were just two examples. That's why I said "like" those two. This thread will continue as it has been.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old May 10th, 2014, 12:34 AM   #1564
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesehorse View Post
I've realized that for many larger Chinese cities such as Shanghai to retain large skylines in the future, they'll have to tear down apartment blocks sprawling all over the place that were only built 5-10 years ago!
Same goes for Hong Kong, NYC, London, Tokyo, really any mega city with little developable land.

Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #1565
melrocks50
See you on a dark night

Likes (Received): 1503

Shanghai should be the clear winner.

melrocks50 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #1566
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10788

Shenzhen seems to be growing a lot faster than Shanghai. I'd put my money on Shenzhen in 2025.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #1567
lowenmeister

Likes (Received): 3420

Yes Shenzhen,Guangzhou and even Chonqing are building more projects and has more projects in the pipeline than Shanghai. I think that a chinese skyline would be the best in 2025 but i dont think Shanghai would be the one.

lowenmeister no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #1568
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

I think Chongqing will be stunning. By 2025 Chongqing Chaotianmen will be finished (definitely a top 5 project worldwide) and there should be more than 5 other supertalls, all in a hyperdense, organic Asian Manhattan. #1 aesthetically.

For total skyline size, either Shenzhen or Guangzhou, what's already in the pipeline is simply insane, and they will be competing hard for decades to come.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 04:56 PM   #1569
KlausDiggy

Likes (Received): 8764

Visit times again the Skyscraper Quiz.

Ivanator is now the new game manager.
We would be pleased if the game again gets more life.

KlausDiggy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #1570
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Chongqing Chaotianmen
Chongqing, China,
Located at the confluence of the Yangtze and Jailing rivers, the site for this mixed-use project is imbued with a significance that is immediately symbolic. The foremost of Chongqing’s traditional city gates (the Chaotian Gate, or “gate to heaven”), where emperors carried out the ceremonies of diplomatic greeting, it has long been a historical landmark. As the city’s initial dock area on the Yangtze, it also represents the great tradition of the shipping highway, which has stoked this major inland city’s development and now drives its evolution as one of China’s most important modern cities. The design for the project to be situated at this gateway is generated by the image of powerful sails upon the water. The outer facades of the project’s six towers—the transparent surfaces that will face the water to the north—are meant to recall a fleet of ancient Chinese ships, with their huge rectangles of white canvas filled by the wind. This image is recognizable in its simplicity, yet iconic in its form. In addition to serving as an outward-facing gateway symbol, the project also has a strong presence in forming the apex of the city’s peninsula. The south-facing facades—the inside of the arc of towers—look back to the city in a gently embracing way, covered by green hanging gardens that meet the ground at a podium roof level that is itself a green amphitheater “park” of gardens, pools, and public circulation. This park area gently rises to the north, framing views to the water between the towers—which will house residences, offices, and a hotel—and maximizing views of the project itself from the city. Underneath the park level, the podium consists of five levels of public program, including retail and cultural facilities, as well as hubs for land and water transportation. The two central outer towers, directly facing the rivers’ convergence to the north, are the project’s tallest structures (348 meters above flood plain; 77 floors each), with the central axis of the project proceeding back from between them, toward the city. Tucked immediately within the two tallest towers, extending the arc, are four shorter towers (each with 62 floors), across which runs an exterior, connecting garden that hovers 248 meters in the air. In addition to linking these four towers—two of which are office space (and actually “twin” stepped segments of the two larger, central towers), and two of which are residential—the garden echoes the amphitheater park far below and creates a dramatic viewing platform that optimizes this site’s unique views back to the rest of Chongqing. Within the garden level’s hull is a full floor of hotel lobby, restaurants, and clubs. Above are gardens and pools. The remaining two (freestanding) towers, which complete the prow-like arc of six, are residential, each 57 floors tall, making for a project total of 302,000 square meters of prime living units.
Project Type: Mixed Use
Client: CapitaLand Ltd / CapitaMalls Asia Ltd / Singbridge Holdings Pte. Ltd.
Size: 8800000

Old May 11th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #1571
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
I think Chongqing will be stunning. By 2025 Chongqing Chaotianmen will be finished (definitely a top 5 project worldwide) and there should be more than 5 other supertalls, all in a hyperdense, organic Asian Manhattan. #1 aesthetically.
Chongqing has the best setting of the big Chinese skylines. It has the potential to be #1 one day even if it's not the biggest.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

taskula liked this post
Old May 11th, 2014, 06:20 PM   #1572
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6741

90% look of Marina Bay Sands

image hosted on flickr

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn1.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf9rf_o2PULwFiNod0buWjuLJuEME2UT5hwsy-AehZpi3xMpaA[/IMG]

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn3.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSILwZlnsrLZsU_Qaa5YUQpM32G_F9TyY7e71a2p1Xpn7MBt89j9g[/IMG]

taskula, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #1573
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Yes, that is what I was thinking. Does this stand a good change of being built?

My photo threads:

Old May 11th, 2014, 07:24 PM   #1574
taskula

Likes (Received): 2971

İSTANBUL

250 m

Last edited by taskula; May 11th, 2014 at 07:45 PM.
taskula no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 07:26 PM   #1575
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

How tall are these?

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Jack Fruit liked this post
Old May 11th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #1576
taskula

Likes (Received): 2971

İstanbul

281m x 2,
1 x200m

İstanbul
220m

İstanbul

İSTANBUL

Last edited by QuantumX; May 11th, 2014 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Each pic on its own post
taskula no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #1577
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Yes, that is what I was thinking. Does this stand a good change of being built?
They're doing earthworks right now.
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:00 PM   #1578
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
90% look of Marina Bay Sands
same developer.
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:34 PM   #1579
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Likes (Received): 4250

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Chongqing has the best setting of the big Chinese skylines. It has the potential to be #1 one day even if it's not the biggest.
Chongqing needs to go through major cleaning and beautification. It looks like a mess. Guangzhou CBD is stunning and Shenzhen as a whole is one of the cleanest city on Earth. Chongqing is way behind in terms of cleanliness

Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #1580
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal Shourov View Post
Chongqing needs to go through major cleaning and beautification. It looks like a mess. Guangzhou CBD is stunning and Shenzhen as a whole is one of the cleanest city on Earth. Chongqing is way behind in terms of cleanliness
Judging from photos that seems to be the case, but all Chinese cities look like they're improving significantly year over year. Chongqing will be no different. I'd rather have a dirty city with tons of potential than a clean one with less potential. Dirty can be fixed.

Tags
skyline