daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 1st, 2014, 08:54 PM   #1681
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6740

SINGAPORE in future

Renderings released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority

Plan for Marina Bay

Plan for Ophir-Rochor area

Plan for Tanjong Pagar

Plan for Kallang riverside

Plan for Jurong Lake district

Read more on these masterplans here:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/MP2008/sitemap.htm

totaleclipse1985, Faisal Shourov liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:27 AM   #1682
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Likes (Received): 4250

Singapore should immediately lift the ban on supertall buildings, I absolutely love its skyline and setting.

Can't Singapore build a new CBD which doesn't have height restriction?
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:20 AM   #1683
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal Shourov View Post
Singapore should immediately lift the ban on supertall buildings.
Oh what basis?
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:37 AM   #1684
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Oh what basis?
For us skyscrapers fans Just a wish, nothing more

Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:52 AM   #1685
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Okay, but it seems a lot of people think aviation officials can just arbitrarily raise or lower height restrictions. They can't. It's all based on aviation standards for a safe air space above a city. Sometimes, they can raise height restrictions based on updated radar technology.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old June 2nd, 2014, 06:54 AM   #1686
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
Seoul 2016
I'm glad to see some good height going up in Seoul. The sea of sub 100m buildings might make for a great urban experience, but doesn't make for a great skyline. Same goes for Tokyo.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:14 AM   #1687
WingWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal Shourov View Post
Singapore should immediately lift the ban on supertall buildings, I absolutely love its skyline and setting.

Can't Singapore build a new CBD which doesn't have height restriction?
If you notice in marina bay plan there will be one supertall.

In one of the speech of prime minister, they considering to take off the ban to increase the skyline atrractiveness in marina bay.

As in now, there is one building of 290m under construction. In future there will be one supertAll at least going to be build. Many local developers are anticipating it

Old June 2nd, 2014, 05:24 PM   #1688
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
In one of the speech of prime minister, they considering to take off the ban to increase the skyline atrractiveness in marina bay.
Again, what would be the basis for that? Who is they? The prime minister is an aviation expert?

My photo threads:

Old June 2nd, 2014, 06:17 PM   #1689
WingWing

Quote:
Again, what would be the basis for that? Who is they? The prime minister is an aviation expert?
The PM has the say, they would move the paya lebar airbase so height restriction can be taken off

Old June 2nd, 2014, 06:44 PM   #1690
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
The PM has the say, they would move the paya lebar airbase so height restriction can be taken off
Well, to communicate more effectively, this is what you have to say to begin with. The way you said things was like saying the president of the United States is also an aviation expert with the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) and he has the say in aviation safety standards.

My photo threads:

WingWing, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2014, 08:53 PM   #1691
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

The tallest cylinder in this illustration is just over 1,000 feet. You can gauge the others from there. Almost all are over 500 feet.

Brickell Proposed by viper1165, on Flickr

My photo threads:

desertpunk, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:01 PM   #1692
WingWing

I personally think. Miami has a good skyline but will be nowhere in the top 10 best skyline in 2025.

For a skyline to be in the top 10, normally the city would have a huge/big population that support up the demand for highrises on top of the economic growth of the city.

The current top 10 skylines that I see has population above 5 million, though its not an exact gauge to predict the skyline of the city in future, just my opnion though

Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:39 PM   #1693
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Even at the rate our skyline is growing, so many other skylines in Asia are growing so rapidly that we'll be lucky to break the top 20 by 2025.

My photo threads:

Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:48 PM   #1694
skanny

Likes (Received): 1048

Quote:
I personally think. Miami has a good skyline but will be nowhere in the top 10 best skyline in 2025.

For a skyline to be in the top 10, normally the city would have a huge/big population that support up the demand for highrises on top of the economic growth of the city.

The current top 10 skylines that I see has population above 5 million, though its not an exact gauge to predict the skyline of the city in future, just my opnion though
Dubai is certainly in the top 5/10 of the skylines in the world but isn't megalopolis and hasn't a population above 5 millions !
skanny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:58 PM   #1695
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanny View Post
Dubai is certainly in the top 5/10 of the skylines in the world but isn't megalopolis and hasn't a population above 5 millions !
Dubai is an exception...Most of Dubai's skyscrapers are office buildings and hotels, to promote trade and tourism. Unlike East Asian cities, Dubai has very few residential highrises, but the built ones are extremely tall (Dubai Marina alone has around 8 supertall residential towers). Very few apartments in Dubai are built because of actual demand.

Old June 3rd, 2014, 12:39 AM   #1696
isaidso
the new republic

WingWing: Miami isn't a mega city, but it is larger than the 5 million cut off you mentioned. Miami (5,564,635) is bigger than Singapore (5,399,200) in size. Both are 2013 estimates.

Quote:
The tallest cylinder in this illustration is just over 1,000 feet. You can gauge the others from there. Almost all are over 500 feet.

Brickell Proposed by viper1165, on Flickr
That looks awesome! More height and better skyscraper density will bump Miami up a few notches in my eyes.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

Last edited by isaidso; June 3rd, 2014 at 12:45 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 01:14 AM   #1697
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
That looks awesome! More height and better skyscraper density will bump Miami up a few notches in my eyes.
And that's not even the entire Miami skyline. That's only the Brickell Financial District. To the right of the Miami River is the CBD and the skyline extends northward to the right from there. Brickell is just our most desired downtown area.

My photo threads:

Old June 3rd, 2014, 01:24 AM   #1698
isaidso
the new republic

Quite right. People do tend to focus on the main cluster. I admit I'm far more interested in the BFD than the other bits.

Old June 3rd, 2014, 01:46 AM   #1699
pereinz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 9

Santa fe mexico
pereinz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 02:37 AM   #1700
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Quite right. People do tend to focus on the main cluster. I admit I'm far more interested in the BFD than the other bits.
I wouldn't exactly call it the BFD as that also stands for something else in cyber speak , but the saturation of the Brickell Financial District is what's causing the Miami skyline to move north as evidenced by this photo. There is a building over 500 feet tall currently under construction to the right of the one you see in this photo and 3 more planned that are doing well in sales. The Miami skyline is going to have an incredible spread when it's all said and done.

DSC_0684 by Quantum2010, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Tags
skyline