daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 30th, 2014, 05:42 AM   #1921
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanPaulo View Post
Great pictures, Quantum. Which is the tower rising due south of the Julia Tuttle Causeway?
Thanks, Juan Paulo! I took all of those last Thursday. That tower is Icon Bay being built by the Related Group. Just north of there, to the left of Icon Bay, Paraiso Bay is just starting construction by the Related Group. It will be a megaplex consisting of 4 towers 548 feet tall with a couple of smaller towers. They will anchor the north end of the skyline giving the Miami skyline an incredible spread.

CSC_0085 by Quantum2010, on Flicr
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2014, 05:50 AM   #1922
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

This is phase one of Brickell CityCentre. When these buildings top out, they will begin phase two, which will include the supertall One Brickell CityCentre that you see in my avatar. That will go on the lot in the upper right where you see the patch of green. The other two buildings on that lot will be demolished.

DSC_0050 by Quantum2010, on Flickr
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

WingWing, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old July 30th, 2014, 06:00 AM   #1923
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31673

Thank you Quantum. Miami is on fire!!!!!! I think the CBD skyline just needs one iconic supertall to anchor it and it will rightfully take it's place as one of the best skylines in NA.

JuanPaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #1924
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Thank you Quantum. Miami is on fire!!!!!! I think the CBD skyline just needs one iconic supertall to anchor it and it will rightfully take it's place as one of the best skylines in NA.
One Bayfront Plaza is planned for the CBD, but I think that's been put on hold once again while the developers work on another one of their projects - Villa Magna. We can't have two supertalls coming on line at the same time. That would be bad for the market.

My photo threads:

Old July 30th, 2014, 09:04 AM   #1925
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6737

Quote:
Well, a supertall on its own does not translate into the title of best skyline. I the case of San Francisco and Philadelphia I can see why they would be contenders for 4th place in North America in 2025. Both these cities have density, architectural quality, etc. Houston and Atlanta are one tier below in terms of skyline, I think.

True a supertall doesnt mean it will make skyline best or change drastically. For example Pyongyang. Even with Ryugyong tower doesnt add the appealness of the skyline. Another two examples with MEGATALLS, will be Taipei and Mecda. Both of them have tower above 500m yet i don't find their skyline nice

By the way i think tianjin could be in top 10 in 2025 easily, they have 7-8 u/c supertalls right now!

JuanPaulo, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 01:11 AM   #1926
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Likes (Received): 4250

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
True a supertall doesnt mean it will make skyline best or change drastically. For example Pyongyang. Even with Ryugyong tower doesnt add the appealness of the skyline. Another two examples with MEGATALLS, will be Taipei and Mecda. Both of them have tower above 500m yet i don't find their skyline nice

By the way i think tianjin could be in top 10 in 2025 easily, they have 7-8 u/c supertalls right now!
Most of Tianjin's supertalls are practically on hold, Tianjin will be lucky to break China's top 10 by 2025
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 02:44 AM   #1927
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10780

That's surprising. I thought Tianjin might zoom into the World top 10 over the next decade.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 03:33 AM   #1928
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

Best Skylines by 2025

Tianjin has 6 buildings over 285m U/C and most are pretty fast. Don't know why one is spreading lies.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 03:45 AM   #1929
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
Tianjin has 6 buildings over 285m U/C and most are pretty fast. Don't know why one is spreading lies.
But what about the inventory of super tall (300m+) proposals? That's what he commented on. How many 'Super Tall' proposals are there and how many of those are 'On Hold'? You really haven't cleared things up any.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

Last edited by isaidso; July 31st, 2014 at 03:52 AM.
Old July 31st, 2014, 03:00 PM   #1930
Hebrewtext

Likes (Received): 2940

Tel Aviv -Yafo

blue/dark gray - some of the 86 towers U.C
purple - some of the 129 towers approved.

[IMG]http://i59.************/34dj2ok.jpg[/IMG]

lists of towers : (not updated)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=288

230+ towers built & U.C

129+ towers approved

100 towers proposed

TowerVerre:), totaleclipse1985, AbidM liked this post

Last edited by Hebrewtext; July 31st, 2014 at 03:20 PM.
Hebrewtext no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 06:37 PM   #1931
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
But what about the inventory of super tall (300m+) proposals? That's what he commented on. How many 'Super Tall' proposals are there and how many of those are 'On Hold'? You really haven't cleared things up any.
I thought he was referring to U/C supertalls. Tianjin is doing great in terms of projects over 200m+ but it might be a few years until the next supertall starts construction. I think 4 supertalls and 2 near-supertalls simultaneously U/C is pretty damn good. Shenzhen has definitely zoomed ahead though.
Old July 31st, 2014, 06:52 PM   #1932
isaidso
the new republic

He was commenting on how many of the TOTAL super talls are ON HOLD. You've answered half the question: 4 super talls U/C. What about the other half of the question: how many super tall proposals are On Hold? I'll do Toronto to clarify what's being asked:

Oxford 1: On Hold
Oxford 2: On Hold
Mirvish Gehry: Approved

None are U/C yet. So 2 of Toronto's 3 super talls are on hold.

Last edited by isaidso; July 31st, 2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old July 31st, 2014, 11:10 PM   #1933
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Best Skylines by 2025

There is only 1 supertall that has started then went on hold: Sino-Steel Tower. Supertalls that have never started can not be considered on hold. In no way, shape, or form can the statement "Most of Tianjin's supertalls are practically on hold, Tianjin will be lucky to break China's top 10 by 2025" be considered true.
Old August 1st, 2014, 06:30 AM   #1934
WingWing

Propose and on hold has to put into consideration as 2025 is 11 years from now

Old August 1st, 2014, 07:01 PM   #1935
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
There is only 1 supertall that has started then went on hold: Sino-Steel Tower. Supertalls that have never started can not be considered on hold. In no way, shape, or form can the statement "Most of Tianjin's supertalls are practically on hold, Tianjin will be lucky to break China's top 10 by 2025" be considered true.
Ok thanks. I'm assuming this means there haven't been any super tall 'cancelations' either. I hope you don't think I was trying to be difficult. I just wanted clarification as Tianjin is one of the cities I'm following.

Last edited by isaidso; August 1st, 2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old August 1st, 2014, 09:36 PM   #1936
Hayaki

Likes (Received): 92

Manila, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 state View Post
Hayaki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2014, 10:16 PM   #1937
isaidso
the new republic

Manila's skyline needs some distinguishing feature that makes it instantly recognizable.

Old August 1st, 2014, 10:31 PM   #1938
justproject

Likes (Received): 3275

i think Manila skyline needs one high tec supertall in the center of the highrises, it's not improved without it yet

WingWing liked this post
justproject no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 03:08 AM   #1939
isaidso
the new republic

Toronto keeps rolling. It's been a productive week with 7 skyscrapers getting approved; 6 on Thursday and another one on Wednesday:

1. 156 Front - 265 meters
2. Union Plaza - 238 meters
3. 50 Bloor - 230 meters
4. 27-37 Yorkville - 215 meters
5. Wellesley/Park - 194 meters
6. 480 University - 184 meters
7. 1 Yorkville - 179 meters

25 150m+ U/C and another 39 150m+ proposals awaiting approval.

WingWing, TowerVerre:), Birmingham liked this post

Last edited by isaidso; August 2nd, 2014 at 03:19 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 07:34 AM   #1940
WingWing

But in next few years will manila growth remain the same? If they grow in this pace, by 2025 it will be super massive skyline!

Hayaki, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Tags
skyline