daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 2nd, 2014, 08:30 AM   #1941
lochinvar

Likes (Received): 672

It seems like Manila's business people are conservative. Average height edifices are being built just to house condos and fill up business offices. They are averse to building supertalls because of airplane height restriction, earthquakes and pure egos.
lochinvar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2014, 11:56 AM   #1942
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochinvar View Post
They are averse to building supertalls because of airplane height restriction, earthquakes and pure egos.
What are the aviation height restrictions regarding Manila. In downtown Miami, near the mouth of the river, we are allowed only 1,010 feet.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 12:57 PM   #1943
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6737

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
What are the aviation height restrictions regarding Manila. In downtown Miami, near the mouth of the river, we are allowed only 1,010 feet.
Thats higher than Singapore, many developers want to build beyond 280m. Thats why u see 3 buildings sharing same height due to restrictions.

If height restrictions like miami, singapore would already have few supertalls

WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 01:05 PM   #1944
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
Thats higher than Singapore, many developers want to build beyond 280m. Thats why u see 3 buildings sharing same height due to restrictions.

If height restrictions like miami, singapore would already have few supertalls
Thanks, but all of the above I already know. At least we are allowed a few supertalls here in Miami, but not very tall supertalls. This one will be our first.

"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old August 2nd, 2014, 01:15 PM   #1945
WingWing

envy because its nice lol

But singapore will be having their tallest by 2016, almost a supertall with 290m height. It doesnt look that tall because beside this guoco tower will be capital tower with 254m and twin tower 250m residences.

Old August 2nd, 2014, 06:55 PM   #1946
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Likes (Received): 3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Toronto keeps rolling. It's been a productive week with 7 skyscrapers getting approved; 6 on Thursday and another one on Wednesday:

1. 156 Front - 265 meters
2. Union Plaza - 238 meters
3. 50 Bloor - 230 meters
4. 27-37 Yorkville - 215 meters
5. Wellesley/Park - 194 meters
6. 480 University - 184 meters
7. 1 Yorkville - 179 meters

25 150m+ U/C and another 39 150m+ proposals awaiting approval.
That's one hell of a week!
Birmingham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 02:03 AM   #1947
Dito Roso

Likes (Received): 1628

JAKARTA Today's Skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dito Roso View Post
Dito Roso está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 02:11 AM   #1948
Dito Roso

The first image above will change in the next 1-5 years, due to the addition of several skyscrapers,
including 2 supertalls (Thamrin-Nine and The ICON).

,0000000 FUTURE Sudirman-ICON by MYW_2507, on Flickr

renshapratama, damarsinyo liked this post

Last edited by Dito Roso; August 3rd, 2014 at 02:19 AM.
Old August 5th, 2014, 10:10 PM   #1949
Dito Roso

Aerial View of The Future Skyline of Jakarta by 2020 :

,00000000000 JKT 000 SKYLINE FUTURE 00000acut 00000 NEWest 9Agt14 by MYW_2507, on Flickr

Last edited by Dito Roso; August 9th, 2014 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Change the image
Old August 7th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #1950
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Likes (Received): 3970

London's Isles of Dogs is expanding and taking in the O2 arena now.

35+ towers approved for Canary Wharf - Pan Peninsular (O2arena) has lots of 70-120m towers.

All photo's courtesy of Potto, Core Rising and Chest.
[img]http://i58.************/vcz7ls.png[/img]

Quicksilver liked this post
Birmingham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 12:08 AM   #1951
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

This list of completed, u/c, or proposed buildings for Miami from the CTBUH shows Miami to have over 50 buildings 150m or taller, and this isn't even everything that's proposed or under construction. The market shows no signs of cooling down. New proposals keep coming down the pike.

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/crea...=on&list_year=

My photo threads:

Old August 13th, 2014, 01:41 AM   #1952
Zack Fair

Likes (Received): 755

New development over the rail track will help close the gap between the Toronto CBD and Southcore and will change the whole skyline.
Project and renderings are from Wilkinson Eyre Architects, the same firm who designed the Guangzhou IFC.
We don't have yet any official insight about the height but AndrewJM3D made some predictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
Umm....there is some news regarding 45 Bay, posted over at UT.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJM3D View Post
Actually some simple math and you can predict how tall this will be.

Each diamond is 12 floors in height. There are a total of 6 stacked making this building the equivalent of a 72 story office tower. With today's average class A floor heights at 3.96m this building will top out at 285.12m. Ad on an extra 1.5m for the trim at the top and this should top out around 286.62 m just shy of the height of FCP's facade 290m not it's mechanical roof 298m).

My prediction

Tallest Tower
286.62 m
940.35 ft

Mid Height Tower
239.1 m
784.45 ft

Shortest Tower
166.32 m
545.67 ft

Not too shabby

ainvan, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Zack Fair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #1953
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10780

45 Bay is awesome. We'll also finally get some decent height to the west of the CN Tower with that 79 + 69 floor condo proposal that was announced yesterday. Both should easily be over 200m.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 01:52 AM   #1954
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
This list of completed, u/c, or proposed buildings for Miami from the CTBUH shows Miami to have over 50 buildings 150m or taller, and this isn't even everything that's proposed or under construction. The market shows no signs of cooling down. New proposals keep coming down the pike.

This list shows Toronto to have 80 buildings over 150m with Miami closing the gap on Panama City. That's phenomenal for both cities. To view any other city, just select it from the drop-down list and click on "create list."

My photo threads:

Old August 13th, 2014, 05:20 AM   #1955
WingWing

And Singapore with over 90 buildings above 150m

WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #1956
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:

This list is also missing the entire Miami World Center megaproject as well as our other supertall One Bayfront Plaza. There are also four 60-story buildings planned, one 65-story building planned, and a 70-story building planned that I know of. All Aboard Florida has an 80-story building planned (see at bottom below). All of these are not listed on the CTBUH list of proposed projects for Miami. There are others planned that are kind of tentative right now. Our list should be almost as big as Toronto's is now, but I'm sure Toronto has proposals that are not listed as well.

Miami Worldcenter Quietly Reveals New Website, Renders

My photo threads:

Zack Fair, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by QuantumX; August 13th, 2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old August 13th, 2014, 06:05 AM   #1957
JmSepe
Nobel Prize Laureate

Likes (Received): 226

Nice updates on Miami, the new buildings will surely add more charisma to its current skyline.

You can also find me in simtropolis, sc4devotions, anime-manga forum, the blue knight forum, mangafox, archives of our own, fanfiction, tumblr, blogspot, instagram, facebook and twitter.
JmSepe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 06:19 AM   #1958
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmSepe View Post
Nice updates on Miami, the new buildings will surely add more charisma to its current skyline.
Yes, and everything that I mentioned in the preceeding post above is what's not listed on the CTBUH list of proposed buildings for Miami. There are 15-20 more buildings that are proposed that aren't there. We don't quite yet know what the Genting group is going to do with the old Miami Herald property after they finish demolishing the Herald building. There are two more 200m+ buildings planned for Biscayne Boulevard.

It looks as though the developers of One Bayfront Plaza are going to hold off once again and resurrect a dead project from the last boom - Villa Magna. They are two busy with Panorama now to start One Bayfront Plaza and if they start that project next, we will have two supertalls coming on line at the same time. That wouldn't be good for the market.

My photo threads:

Old August 13th, 2014, 11:08 AM   #1959
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10780

Quote:
Our list should be almost as big as Toronto's is now, but I'm sure Toronto has proposals that are not listed as well.
Yes, these lists are best taken as 'rough guides' rather than 100% precise.

You're going to give yourself a brain aneurysm hoping that Miami can reel in Toronto. I'm not suggesting that it couldn't happen, just that it's going to be a very tall order. The amount of development here shows no signs of letting up with new proposals still getting announced frequently.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #1960
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Yes, these lists are best taken as 'rough guides' rather than 100% precise.

You're going to give yourself a brain aneurysm hoping that Miami can reel in Toronto. I'm not suggesting that it couldn't happen, just that it's going to be a very tall order. The amount of development here shows no signs of letting up with new proposals still getting announced frequently.
The thought never occurred to me, only that both cities have a lot on the drawing board. Reeling in Panama City though seems like a real possibility.

My photo threads:

Tags
skyline